PDA

View Full Version : Combat Mastery Achievement

theperfectgogeta
09-14-2009, 03:55 AM
I'm having trouble with one of the sub-achievements for this particular achievement. It's the one where you need "hits with fire, cold, and electricity." I've basically tried everything with the characters who have those elements. Any tips from people who got this achievement already?

Danteveli
09-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Do all 3 at once.
For exampl equip ice and electric boost and use human torch. Attack enemy like this 20 timeas and it will pop.

kopaGR
09-14-2009, 10:17 AM
got the same problem...
i hope this method will work..

EDIT: I got it! if you have medals, equip ice, electric and fire boost and jit with melee with any heroe.

Now i can't find how to "Kill 20 robots with grenades".
anyone?

Danteveli
09-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Big robots throw red bombs at you just pick it up and throw back at them.

I need 5 chain explosions and defeating 5 enemy with one hit from weapon

kopaGR
09-14-2009, 11:48 AM

Yes, i did it, but it doesnt unlock...
I need to hit them ONLY with the bombs?

For 5 chain Explosions, go to Simulation and i think on 8th stage you will have to do as much damage as you can. You can easily do it there.

For 5 Enemy with one hit, go to the stage when they attack the white house and there are more than 6 in one place. Pick up a car and throw it!

xx_0_0_xx
09-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Direct damage power hits - ??

Danteveli
09-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes, i did it, but it doesnt unlock...
I need to hit them ONLY with the bombs?

For 5 chain Explosions, go to Simulation and i think on 8th stage you will have to do as much damage as you can. You can easily do it there.

For 5 Enemy with one hit, go to the stage when they attack the white house and there are more than 6 in one place. Pick up a car and throw it!
Wow I did the two in the same places without reading your post. They have to be best places for it. Still thanks

As for the robots i used to beat them a lot and then when there is just a bit life left throw bomb back at them. Maybe it must be bomb from that robot not another one (i usualy Have seen them in groups 2or3 at time) I don't have 20/20 yet so there may be easier method (maybe one of simulator disc where you spawn them)

theperfectgogeta
09-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Danteveli, thanks for the tip. I figured out last night that I had to equip a fire, cold, and electricity melee boost. After punching a group of robots I ended up getting the achievement.

theperfectgogeta
09-14-2009, 03:44 PM

There is a simulator mission called "Heavy Metal" where you can choose to spawn robot enemies by activating switches. Just activate one and chip down that robot's health. Then just wait for it to shoot a grenade and throw it. You have to make sure you hit the robot directly with it or it will not count.

kopaGR
09-14-2009, 04:25 PM
There is a simulator mission called "Heavy Metal" where you can choose to spawn robot enemies by activating switches. Just activate one and chip down that robot's health. Then just wait for it to shoot a grenade and throw it. You have to make sure you hit the robot directly with it or it will not count.

nothing guys... i keep trying and nothing...

they die from the red grenade and no progress!

xx_0_0_xx
09-15-2009, 06:41 AM
Direct damage power hits - ??
How do this?

Exelon
09-15-2009, 12:12 PM
How to do the buffs, debuffs and pulling hits?

ThatRuddyGuy
09-17-2009, 01:17 PM
How to do the buffs, debuffs and pulling hits?

Buffs are powers that increase your characters in some way when used.

Characters with Buffs:
Captain America - Heroic Defense
Hulk - Gamma Roar
Invisible Woman - Invisible Mine
Luke Cage - Throw Down
Mr. Marvel - Photon Orbs
Penance - Reflect Pain
Thing - Clobberin' Time
Wolverine - Claw Kebab (Not 100% Sure)

Debuffs weaken your enemies.

Characters with Debuff Powers: (Might be more than these)
Deadpool - Tele-Splode!
Iceman - Freeze Beam
Storm - Gale Force

Pull is a power that pulls the enemy to you.

Characters who can pull:
Invisible Woman: Kinetic Sphere (Face an enemy and hold [RT] + [A])
Jean Grey: Telekinetic Grip (Same as above)
Spider-Man: Web Yank
Venom: Tendril Yank

Hope that helps.

A Superman
09-17-2009, 05:12 PM
i cannot get any damage with fire, ice, and fire for the sub achievement. i have tried using a team with thor, iceman, and human torch. i have also tired equipping a fire, ice, and electric medals to add to the melee and still nothing. it still reads 0 of 20. any help?

Exelon
09-18-2009, 12:48 AM
i cannot get any damage with fire, ice, and fire for the sub achievement. i have tried using a team with thor, iceman, and human torch. i have also tired equipping a fire, ice, and electric medals to add to the melee and still nothing. it still reads 0 of 20. any help?

Here is what I did, I put an ice medal with an electrical medal and chose Human Torch and just spam punches and you will get it. I did it in the Sim room in the first training challenge

DUTCH865
10-05-2009, 05:31 PM
I've completed the game twice now so I have 150+ medals. I just equipped one that added ice damage, fire damage, & electricity damage. you can now use any character to unlock this achievement after 20 hits!

JDazzo
10-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Here is what I did, I put an ice medal with an electrical medal and chose Human Torch and just spam punches and you will get it. I did it in the Sim room in the first training challenge

Yeah, same here. I used Storm and equipped a ice and fire medal and got it in seconds.

SkitchNM
10-07-2009, 06:09 PM
I still can't figure out 5-chain. I've tried Wanton Destruction, and had what seemed to be a chain of 5 explosions to me, several times, without it unlocking. Any videos or suggestions?

Silverbolt00
10-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Can any one offer up some advice for the 'Robots destroyed with own grenades' for the Combat Mastery? I have everything else on the list thats needed but im stuck on 3 of 20 ... even though im sure i've killed more than 3 robots with lobbing grennies back. So is there a good level to use, i havent found it if there is ....? Im on Legendary diff' (Incase that matters at all?)
Thanks

roloboloco
10-21-2009, 05:14 AM
Yeah hey guys I am stuck on wolverine's Claw Kebab I have 1 of 50 any clue's on how to accomplish this?

ProjectSix
10-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Yeah hey guys I am stuck on wolverine's Claw Kebab I have 1 of 50 any clue's on how to accomplish this?

Just keep using RT+Y which is Wolverine's Claw Kebab power. Plow through 49 more bad guys and it'll be yours.