PDA

View Full Version : How to do the auto-vocals trick?

shinobigarth
09-14-2009, 06:09 AM
whats the best way to do the auto singing trick where you put the mic next to the speaker and let the game sing for you? just wanna know for songs im not good at singing on expert.

jacky rooster
09-14-2009, 06:12 AM
its not going to work on expert.

shinobigarth
09-14-2009, 06:19 AM
k then what about hard?

jacky rooster
09-14-2009, 06:28 AM
Ive never done the trick so I stand to be corrected, but i doubt it would even work on medium.

InsaneGame
09-14-2009, 06:31 AM
It would only work on "talkies" im Rock Band and Rock Band 2. To my knowledge it wont work for the Beatles.

shinobigarth
09-14-2009, 06:49 AM
ooh ya that right i forgot. only worked for like Beastie Boys and crap. my bad. dammit, some Beatles songs are HARD on expert!!

Dex
09-14-2009, 10:20 AM
I don't think it will work at all.

I "played" a few dozen songs on GH5 with the mic/fan trick, to get me from ~400 to the 505 star achievement... but that was on beginner mode. None of the RB games, including the Beatles have anything easier than "easy", and I doubt you will complete a song with the mic/fan trick, even on that low difficulty. Maybe some of the ZERO difficulty songs, but you might only get 70-80%.

Again I haven't tested this, but I'm fairly confident.

L0cke89
09-14-2009, 10:35 AM
It works for the double, tripple fabs on easy. You have to record your voice for one of the voices (two for the tripples) and play them into the mic(s) while you do the other.

That's the only thing you can do with speakers.

Dex
09-14-2009, 10:41 AM
It works for the double, tripple fabs on easy. You have to record your voice for one of the voices (two for the tripples) and play them into the mic(s) while you do the other.

That's the only thing you can do with speakers.
That sounds like a pain in the ass... not only to record your voice singing it (maybe twice), but also hit play at the perfect time with the game in order to sync it up perfectly.

Props to you if you can pull that off.

L0cke89
09-14-2009, 10:52 AM
I did it for one song in double fabs after I already got the achievement, because I heard of it on trueachievements. I only recommend it, if you have one one to do the achievement (You still need 2 or 3 mics).

It was a pain and I never would do it for the tripple fabs, because if you sing them alone, they sometimes skip from blue to brown. That's the general problem, even if you do it with 2-3 people. Harmonix really needs to fix that.