PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me like how hard is hard

sublime shooter
09-15-2009, 01:04 AM
I havent started it yet but I was wondering how hard is hard ?

opiate
09-15-2009, 05:02 AM
hard is easy

phatmuther
09-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Yeah, its not very hard at all really.

leogintas
09-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Well Hard is harder than Normal, However it is easier than Ultra Hard ;)

Suki
09-15-2009, 08:51 PM
and how hard is ultra hard ? is that a wee bit harder than hard bu not as hard as Super Hard ?

WH Gercain
09-15-2009, 09:51 PM
I will refrain from the obvious sexual references that come to mind....

kristiano
09-22-2009, 07:26 AM
I think ultra hard is the same as hard :)

JieXY
09-22-2009, 08:32 AM
I think ultra hard is the same as hard :)

Enemies have more health on Ultra Hard compared to Hard.
(Probably Rubi takes more damage?)

Dead Herb
09-22-2009, 10:34 AM
well after completing hard and struggling through I found ultra hard a walk in the park barely dying at all I even thought id put it on the wrong difficulty so if you get through hard you will find utlra hard easy

DrVenkman
09-22-2009, 11:17 AM
I will say that 'Hard' mode did pose the occasional challenge. It's mainly some of the later arena's that get annoying, purely because you have the gatling gun guys and then people running around with Machine Guns.

Tomeeboy
09-22-2009, 05:13 PM
I found this difficulty to be pretty easy, considering I went through more than 2/3 of it with absolutely no upgrades. Once I got the 50,000 style point balance achievement (after the Ch 8 arena), I bought all of the upgrades and it was like turning god-mode on... Super easy after that point. I'm thinking Ultra Hard is going to be a walk in the park since I'll be upgrading Rubi right from the very beginning.

peppersken
09-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Minus the bike and falling helicopter part, which I struggled with much more than I probably should have, i tore through hard rather quickly. Just keep using slo-mo

Midnight Malice
09-22-2009, 08:16 PM
falling helicopter? were we playing the same game? I remember falling out of a plane, which was really, really easy. The bike part, yeah, that was a bit tough if you are out of ammo for other weapons and aren't upgraded... but if you upgrade the right things, that part is easy as well. Hard is a slight challenge for a first playthrough, but once you get the hang of the game, and find the easiest ways to beat tough areas, it isn't nearly as hard as... lets say COD on veteran.

Ralph The Rogue
09-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Hard really isn't hard, but it does get frustrating in 3 locations. Chapter 8, Chapter 11, and Chapter 12. They have all been posted about, so lots of good info on how to get past them.

I wouldn't try going through hard without upgrading along the way. Keep your 50k balance achievement for another playthrough.

peppersken
09-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Sorry,meant falling out of the plane. But yes, weird enough I spent the most time replaying the falling level as random tire or something would hit me as I tried to dodge the bigger pieces of the plane.

xRogue 5x
09-23-2009, 01:33 AM
once you get the controls down its not hard at all on any mode or difficulty.

jeffy x360a
09-23-2009, 03:25 AM
just beat hard easily. i have crushed every aspect of the game except the ultra hard and boneyard achieves. im not expecting ultra hard to be much of a problem. hard was simple i guess due to the fact ive had much practice.

nel e nel
09-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Hard can be challenging I think, I am in no way going to get the 50k style points cheevo though. It's all I can do to stay alive in some of the arenas let alone try and get the multipliers without getting killed before reaching the first one.

Ooyah
09-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Hard can be challenging I think, I am in no way going to get the 50k style points cheevo though. It's all I can do to stay alive in some of the arenas let alone try and get the multipliers without getting killed before reaching the first one.

Mate, I feel exactly the same. I got nowhere near 50K when I completed it the game.

I know what you mean about staying alive... there was one arena on that ice factory level that I had to try about 15 times.

The key does seem to be to just keep jumping and shooting constantly, even if you're just travelling to a multiplier. Can stop you getting hit. It is a crazy way to play the game, but it seems to do the trick.

Also, don't close the spawn doors until they stop spawning, thus getting as many enemies as possible. But, of course, that can be a bit tough.

My next run through will be going for the 50K... gonna try it on easy. I am hoping that you are not rewarded less style points on easy?

Hoborg
09-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Rewards are the same on easy. I'm mopping up on easy right now and I got over 1600 on the first chapter.

Fizzmatix
09-28-2009, 05:55 PM
The game in general on hard isn't that difficult there are just a few annoying parts which are a real irritation, so far the only part i have had any real issue is the last rage mode with the chase. They key is to upgrade your pistols and health, should make the game a lot easier.

nel e nel
09-28-2009, 07:57 PM
They key is to upgrade your pistols and health, should make the game a lot easier.

yeah, I was trying to be a badass and do Hard and try and get the 50k style points at the same time - I chose...poorly. Then I didn't even notice that you had to hit :rbbut: to flip over to the weapons upgrades until chapter 9 or so :rant:

Ooyah
09-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Rewards are the same on easy. I'm mopping up on easy right now and I got over 1600 on the first chapter.

Woah, do you mean 16,000? I got 5000 on the first chapter on my first playthrough, and ended up being nowhere near the 50,000...

Yellow_Dragon
10-11-2009, 01:29 AM
All of the difficulties felt the same to me. I finished the game on ultra hard in about 5 hours solid playing and I only died 5 times.

The key to hard and ultra hard is constant bullet time never let go of the trigger.

As for the 50k achievement, do it on golden bullets mode. But be sure not to shoot the arena doors until enemies stop coming out. They will shatter with one shot on golden bullets so watch your aim.