PDA

View Full Version : IGN WET Review

iNu
09-15-2009, 07:37 AM
IGN Gave WET 6.6 Fair Or Underated?

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1024648p1.html

BrassBallz
09-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Totally unfair. Even the demo deserved better than that...

leogintas
09-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Totaly unfair. If looking professionaly i would give this game 8.5 or 9,
but in my heart its !10! becouse it is a rare game that i would be interested in playing more than one time right after i finish it. It has lots of fun things too do and achivements are veary fun

phatmuther
09-15-2009, 04:44 PM
I'd say 7 is a fair score for this, not much substance but fun to play through every 6 months.

junKeh
09-16-2009, 12:51 PM
I'd say at least an 8. The game certainly is a lot of fun and steps a bit out of your average 3rd person shooter nowadays. It`s nice to have it combined with a bit of platforming and a lot of acrobatics. Hope there will be a Wet 2.

SpinalOblivion
09-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Under rated. Deff deserves more!

agentplatypus
09-18-2009, 01:44 AM
Based on the demo I'd say that's about right. I thought it was mediocre.

tpb
09-18-2009, 06:34 AM
IGN always scores games lower then they should be... add 1 or 2 points with an IGN review and you come out about right.

Fonkey Monkey
09-18-2009, 06:46 AM
IGN always scores games lower then they should be... add 1 or 2 points with an IGN review and you come out about right.

You definitely mean Gamespot, you will see alot more 9's over at IGN. Nowadays a 9 from Gamespot is kind of a big deal.

This game seems like mindless fun, the score fits. It also isn't far off from Metacritic.

Midnight Malice
09-18-2009, 12:53 PM
6.6 is totally unfair, a lot of people are comparing this to Stranglehold, which is fair I guess, but that game blew. The shooting, the story, it all sucked. WET is by far the better game but they gave Stranglehold an 8.1 HUH???? IGN thinks Stranglehold is better than WET. I think the anticipation for ODST and MW2 have given the folks at IGN blinders to anything else.

Ink129
09-18-2009, 01:00 PM
WET reminds me of Stranglehold too. I actually liked Stranglehold which is a 7/10 in my book.
I like WET better, though- it is just more stylished and "over-the-top" without taking itself too seriously. I would give it 7.5 or 8 so far (I am only a few levels into the game).

SupremeRapier
09-18-2009, 08:32 PM
yeah the gameplay is pretty much just like stranglehold which was an awesome game. But but the overall action in this is way better >.>

Midnight Malice
09-18-2009, 08:44 PM
pretty much like stranglehold? it is a 3ps with bullet time... there are plenty of those. Could I swing from pole to pole while taking out the 10 below me while shooting 2 at a time? NOOO

SupremeRapier
09-18-2009, 08:52 PM
really all I meant was the fact that in both games your always diving and sliding while your shooting lol I'm not bashing either game, I love both and I think they both have a lot of qualities to stand apart from eachother lol

Ink129
09-18-2009, 09:03 PM
pretty much like stranglehold? it is a 3ps with bullet time... there are plenty of those. Could I swing from pole to pole while taking out the 10 below me while shooting 2 at a time? NOOO

I think you are splitting hairs here. No, you cannot do that exact move you are describing here in Stranglehold, but they both consist of many of the same game mechanics/elements, as SupremeRapier also mentions: they are 3rd person, got bullet time and many of the same outrageous moves, while the story more or less gets pushed in the background.

WET (at least in my opinion) has more style and better atmosphere than Stranglehold. You cannot really argue that they aren't alike, because they actually are in many ways. Many of the people on this board mention the similarities between these games and so do some of the reviews on the internet.

It isn't a bad thing either that they are alike, I think. I understand you didn't like Stranglehold, but that doesn't take away the similarities between these two games. You apparently found something more to your liking in WET and that is good for you, but they are still the same kind of game ;)

True Marvellous
09-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Its a good game.

I expect to see review scores ranging from 6.5- 7.5 which will probably be fair.

Midnight Malice
09-18-2009, 09:17 PM
I understand the similarity, I was just being factious.

Logiistics
09-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Iv just finished my review (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=176405) gave it 6.

Its repetitive, monotonous and boring.

DefJamV
09-18-2009, 10:49 PM
You guys really shouldn't believe what professional reviewers say anymore, if the company don't suck the reviewers nether regions and shovel craploads of cash into their pockets, they wont get a fair score.

Fuck, i have only played the demo and i dont consider this title a top priority right now, with only being able to afford a limited amount of games, but even i can see that this review is bullshit.

True Marvellous
09-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Iv just finished my review (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=176405) gave it 6.

Its repetitive, monotonous and boring.

Yet you gave it a six which is a good score!!!!

:confused:

Dlark17
09-18-2009, 11:35 PM
I agree. WET is amazing and inventive to a way rarely seen. I've yet to play Stranglehold, so I can't put a real opinion down on that debate, but still, that's like 2 acrobatic shooters?
I like the way DefJamV put it in one of the other threads here, and Malice has a great point as well. A lot of the dissent here seems to come from Halo and L4D fans. Which is... what? A FPS with jump and shields and "Llololol! pwned u n00bs!!!!21212111" and one with "ZOMG TOO MANY ZOMBIES! JUST BLOW EVERYTHING TO S***!"
Repetitive? If you say so, I guess you've got more experience with that phenomenon. :P
I'll take the game down a few notches for putting the learning curve a bit high for those of us not used to flipping, diving and shooting all at the same time, as well as the fact that the Bloodrage scenes are VERY mindless for the most part, but I like to see something new and different on the market every now and again, even if some of the mechanics have been used before. As said earlier, it's a nice game, at least for me, to kinda stave off the ODST and MW2 fanboys. I'll take new IP over Overused Classic IP any day.

In conclusion: I'd add a few points to WET (maybe around 8? 9 on a good day), but I think our debates are based in what we're looking to get out of the game.

Also, Rubi is hot. End of story. L4D and Halo ain't got nothin' on this BA chick! *drools*

cool4joe
09-19-2009, 03:13 AM
IGN definitely does not underrate games, if anything every game they rate is overrated so take off about 1 or 2 points and you have the appropriate score for this game.