PDA

View Full Version : warning: don't buy at walmart....

MA5Bergey
02-24-2006, 10:20 PM
lol, i've had the game since tuesday, but figured i'd just warn anybody who doesn't have it yet....... not a good idea to get the game at the mart. seems like it is kind of uh... edited, like their cds. it has cuts, but no swelling whatsoever, so they probably took out the most graphic part of the facial damage (lol, roy jones with a swollen eye in the demo looked like an ogre)...... i never played it from anywhere else, but i'm assuming they didn't just take out swelling completely (yes, its technically there, as you can heal it with the cutman, but you see no deformation at all)

i'm assuming this is just something Walmart got edited and not how the game is supposed to be. I could be wrong, but I'd assume not.

Emerson
02-24-2006, 11:31 PM
How would a company edit the game?

thieflordgamer
02-25-2006, 12:20 AM
ya, that makes no sense at all. dunno, tho....

g4m3r7ag
02-25-2006, 12:21 AM
doesnt make sense to me either

DarkLif3
02-25-2006, 12:21 AM
I seriously doubt they would do that. No I take that back, it didn't happen at all.

thieflordgamer
02-25-2006, 04:36 AM
um, unless the company who made the game creates an edited version, its illegal for walmart 2 edit it without their permission. walmart isnt smart enuff 2 do that nyway, its guys in high school, mainly.

ianc125
02-25-2006, 04:53 AM
walmart couldnt edit the games on their own theyd have to request them from EA and also I think theyd have to be labeled edited otherwise it would be false advertising

MA5Bergey
02-25-2006, 05:03 AM
i dunno, all i know is walmart edits other media, so i wouldn't rule it out. then again, it could be a glitch. i've been hearing about numerous glitches.... but i haven't heard about this one...... whatever...

scoobydiesel
02-25-2006, 05:36 AM
i got mine from wal mart and i was thinking it was just cuase i havnt played long enough for that stuff to happen...i dunno tho i dont ee how they could do it and that would suck big time

MA5Bergey
02-25-2006, 06:28 AM
meh, i've talked to a few people now that i'm playing online and i'm hearing a few people say the same thing that don't have it from walmart. its apparently a career glitch. i guess y'all can lock this or whatever you wanna do....

Krazie
02-25-2006, 07:58 AM
Of all the other violent games that are made, why would they decide to edit out swelling in a boxing game? That would just be stupid..

ianc125
02-25-2006, 12:56 PM
I know with games like condemned whats wrong with a black eye?

Carl Showalter
02-25-2006, 08:20 PM
no offence but ur a bit paranoid there its probably just a technical error. u should take it back

MA5Bergey
02-26-2006, 04:53 AM
no offence but ur a bit paranoid there its probably just a technical error. u should take it back

if you read through the thread you'd have no need for that comment lol.

scoobydiesel
02-26-2006, 10:50 AM
honestly i wonder if any store would ahve the balls to try and edit a game, i mean we knwo some palces dont carry games but what if someone really did edit out blood and stuff? thatd be cray and csot them so much money

Minty
02-26-2006, 06:52 PM
no store would be able to edit the game, it would be impossible and against the law

either the developers made an edited game as well, and as wlamart is a family store they use that, or there is a setting in the game that you need to adjust somewhere.

or walmart received a huge faulty batch of disks.........

MA5Bergey
02-26-2006, 07:58 PM
geez, i already said, i found out it was a glitch. forget about it lol. just let the thread drop.

scoobydiesel
02-27-2006, 10:58 AM
oh i know that dude i was just making a subject about what if it was possible, how much that would suck for kids at Xmas time when grandparents buy games and stuff....to get an edited game

i wasnt taken a shot at your or whatever....i am fallign asleep tho

Run BMP
03-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Yo, man - A friend of my bought this game.

And, you know when you boot up a game, you get that logo "EA" right?

His says, "EA"; however, right number it - it says ... EDITED BY WALMART. Copyright 2006.

No lie.

Messed up, huh?

k_dog
03-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Hmmm, I think it's BS. And Wal-Mard Doesn't edit the media, the production does...

Run BMP
03-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Dude, Wal-mart is a Ja-jillon dollar company! They're the number 1 company around the world. Their stock is like 450 a share! I think the may be able to bring on a group to edit media.

I could be wrong, tho.

k_dog
03-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Dude, Wal-mart is a Ja-jillon dollar company! They're the number 1 company around the world. Their stock is like 450 a share! I think the may be able to bring on a group to edit media.

I could be wrong, tho.

I could be wrong but isn't that a Violation of Copyright Infringment? Unless they have agreement with the Production, Legaly, they couldnt modify a product.

graf1k
03-17-2006, 10:08 PM
I don't believe it until I see it. Editing a CD is pretty simple stuff. Even a movie it isn't that difficult. But to edit a game they would have to reprogram it, not just bleep shit.

KilluhKam
03-18-2006, 04:13 AM
yeah i think it is impossible 2 do but ya never kno mayb they had time....

thieflordgamer
03-19-2006, 11:13 AM
lets get a pic, thats what i want 2 c.

seantak
08-03-2006, 06:35 PM
I believe they edit a lot of things. If a giant player like walmart ask a movie studio to edit out foul language and nude scenes they do it. If they make a music cd and cut out all of the foul language it gets done. My saying is never get a rap cd at walmart it will be full of blanks. I got a CD that said explicit version on it. Guess what. It was full of blanks and bleeps. Some girls at work were talking about buy a dvd they always wanted and Mel Gibsons butt was censcored. Certain topless shots are edited out. These are all production DVDs and CD's. It was done at the factory. So, is it possible for a video game to get edited I think yes. All walmart would have to say is I want an edited version to put in our 6 gazillion stores. EA would at that point say OK. Why not I have Burker King adware, Underarmour ADware and Everlast Adware already in the game.

nfgmusicPaul
06-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Although it's hard to prove whether or not Wal-Mart is editting the games, they certainly have a high standard for their products. Just like SeanTAk said, they won't sell CD's with profanity or about killin' your hos with your 9...but Wal-Mart sells guns!!! In case you haven't visited any Wal-Marts in small towns or Texas you can buy weapons at Wal-Mart. Makes no sense how a company can be so hypocritical where is seems they're against violence or something, I just don't understand what they're all about.

antnie
09-07-2007, 04:40 AM
sounds fishy look into it you may find more.

Sandman1000
03-10-2008, 07:54 PM
lol, i've had the game since tuesday, but figured i'd just warn anybody who doesn't have it yet....... not a good idea to get the game at the mart. seems like it is kind of uh... edited, like their cds. it has cuts, but no swelling whatsoever, so they probably took out the most graphic part of the facial damage (lol, roy jones with a swollen eye in the demo looked like an ogre)...... i never played it from anywhere else, but i'm assuming they didn't just take out swelling completely (yes, its technically there, as you can heal it with the cutman, but you see no deformation at all)

i'm assuming this is just something Walmart got edited and not how the game is supposed to be. I could be wrong, but I'd assume not.
How would a company edit the game?
ya, that makes no sense at all. dunno, tho....
doesnt make sense to me either

same for me

x41KNIGHT14x
03-11-2008, 10:29 PM
yeah wtf i doubt it

krayzierave
06-05-2008, 04:49 AM
Wal-Mart is owned by a family who are christians and that is why they do not sell music with profanity or certain magazines like Maxim or the other ones for guys.

BROOKER 513
01-23-2010, 05:47 AM
this game isnt even worth buying, at best borrow or rent this game. Finish it in like 2 days then return it.

Kunduz
01-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Nice going, digging up old threads that has already been solved. :locked please.

Dennoman
01-24-2010, 07:03 PM
this game isnt even worth buying, at best borrow or rent this game. Finish it in like 2 days then return it.
Dude, I heard this crazy rumor that some people play games for fun and not just for achievement points.

How crazy is that? :confused::confused::confused:

MattDB87
01-24-2010, 07:09 PM

haha posted in a thread that is a year and a half old lol nice.

STARINFLAMES21
01-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Ok this is just dumb like you.