PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Does the SG President deserve a ring?

Deaths Tool
02-02-2007, 06:34 AM
So... I was in a meeting the other day at the University of Florida and found out a quite disturbing (to me at least) bit of information. We gave our Student Government not only a SEC Championship ring, but also a National Championship ring. The reason this is disturbing to me is that I don't understand why a person that doesn't play on the football team, doesn't coach the team, and doesn't own the team deserves to be recognized and given that kind of honor. Heck, I cheered at every home game, do I deserve a ring?

PerpetualHeaven
02-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Was this guy even at any of the games? That's kind of dumb. I could understand if it was like the GM, the rest of the coach staff, etc but student government? eh.

Wreckon Dracgon
02-02-2007, 01:11 PM
It's really a team by team thing for most all sports. Whomever they feel contributed to the team winning the championship gets a ring. There was an episode of "Outside the Lines" about this a couple weeks ago. They had the Pittsburg Steelers massage therapist, and guy that picks up their towels in the locker room on the show as both got rings.

RadicalSniper99
02-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Not knowing all the facts, I would say the SG doesn't deserve one. Of course, who knows if there wasn't some capacity in which the SG helped do something for the team. Thing is, I wouldn't believe. I would almost say that they could have helped fill the stadium for the game, but I would think the fans of a college football just show up on their own accord and not by the work of another person. Just a thought. Could be wrong though.

Jordan7182002
02-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Which team was it that gave a ring to a fan? They had a contest and gave a ring to one fan...

I think the rings should go to people who actually do something for the win.