PDA

View Full Version : So am I screwed out of getting Juggernaut?

Uzumaki Goku
09-15-2009, 05:55 PM
I assumed the game would come with a packet and a code for reserving like everything else I've preordered, but nope... apparently I need my recepit for preordering the game? If so, that really sucks and that means I probably can't get Juggernaut now.

Akai Shuichi
09-15-2009, 06:14 PM
go to http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/marvelua2vip/default.aspx and input the receipt number that you bought that game with and it just may work =/

Slickeezy
09-15-2009, 06:40 PM
i got an email with my code for him at 12am today. i didnt need to go to the site and enter the receipt code. i dont know if anyone else got the code like i did

Phantom Morph X
09-15-2009, 06:42 PM
13:45hrs 09/15/09
Good that I found this tread... I was just going to ask about this.

I pre-ordered mine at Game Stop in July, and I was told I was going to get a card with the code once I picked it up (I still have to pick it up on my way home after work -4 more hours-). And reading all the other treads I was getting lots of questions about it in my head.

I'll update this once I do it.

EDIT:
13:50 09/15/09 Entered code on GameStop site
08:54 09/16/09 Received e-mail with code for Juggs
16:00 09/16/09 (aprox)Entered code and downloaded Juggs
17:00 09/16/09 (aprox)My friend and brother-in-law come over and we start playing, one of them uses Juggs

zr122
09-15-2009, 06:56 PM
I got a card from the store at the same time I pre-ordered. My only question is, why can't I redeem Juggernaut from Xbox.com? I'm assuming that it'll work when I try it at home later on the actual 360, but I've had other codes redeem just fine from Xbox.com (Batsuit Armor, for one).

christiansteele
09-15-2009, 07:04 PM
I work at gamestop. The employees were supposed to give you a VIP card which had the URL for the site you had to enter your transaction number and stuff like that. Once activated, and everything you should get an email with the code for 360. I got juggernaut he is freakin' sweet! 300 kills unlocks his second costume! :D

Phantom Morph X
09-15-2009, 07:38 PM
When I pre-ordered they didn't give me anything. I went the next day to ask about the code and they gave me a card (which should still be in my desk at home) but since he still told me I would get the code in store when I picked up I didn't go to the address in the card, since I had understood it was for the VIP access on the main site.

I filled the info on the Game Stop site, I guess it will be a while before I receive the code for Juggs.

Tapion
09-15-2009, 09:01 PM
I just got my copy. Went through the website, put in the info... now just waiting on my email for the Juggernaut code. *twiddles thumbs*

ErmacVersion1
09-15-2009, 09:21 PM
I never went to the url on the card they gave me and they e-mailed me the code today, but it tells me there is an error with it. WTF?

Tapion
09-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Still waiting on the code for Juggernaut. Is it supposed to take this long?

Phantom Morph X
09-16-2009, 02:21 PM
09:20hrs 19/16/09
I just checked my e-mail, and I got the e-mail with the code at 08:54hrs, but I'll have to wait until I get home after work to try it.

RareAngelEyez
09-16-2009, 03:12 PM
I put my info in yesterday in the afternoon and got mine this morning around 10am Est time.

mighty1
09-16-2009, 04:07 PM
it really shouldnt take that long to get the code. i got my copy yesterday and got that card pluging the website to go to for claiming a juggernaugt code and just to make sure i did get my code without any problems i did it twice. woke up this morning and my code was in my inbox

VenomousDingo
09-16-2009, 05:07 PM
i got an email with my code for him at 12am today. i didnt need to go to the site and enter the receipt code. i dont know if anyone else got the code like i did

I got mine the same way. The funny part? I canceled that pre-order 3 months ago. *shrug* oh well, looks like I gots me a Juggernaut BITCH! when I finally do pick it up.

Sorry to hear that some are having problems with the system. :(

ShaggyB
09-16-2009, 06:10 PM
I got a card from the store at the same time I pre-ordered. My only question is, why can't I redeem Juggernaut from Xbox.com? I'm assuming that it'll work when I try it at home later on the actual 360, but I've had other codes redeem just fine from Xbox.com (Batsuit Armor, for one).

Only works from your xbox.... not the .COM site. Enjoy

Comatose
09-16-2009, 07:29 PM
i didnt preorder, and i entered 5 random numbers at that site, and they emailed me a code.

ReignerRuler
09-16-2009, 07:38 PM
i didnt preorder, and i entered 5 random numbers at that site, and they emailed me a code.

Now you just stole someone else's code, i hope you feel bad.;)

Kyai
09-16-2009, 07:42 PM
If you gave gamestop your email address (especially if you have an Edge card), then they would have emailed it to you directly without having to mess with the site.

Der Nacho
09-16-2009, 09:48 PM
It's been a full day since I went to enter my receipt no. at gamestop.com. Still no e-mail. If I knew it would be this much trouble, I would've taken my preorder money, and went next door to Best Buy. Stupid preorder incentives that take advantage of me because I'm too stupid to just look the other way.

I better get Srgt Johnson next week!

Devil Sora
09-16-2009, 11:01 PM
In the entire process of pre ordering MUA2 I had a total of 3 receits. . . . one with the initial reserve ($5) one with a latter amount ($25) and then the final one for the $10, NO I am not counting when I picked the game up. . . funny thing is I popped in my receit number and got one code. . . .come next day. . . .I have 2 more new Jugg codes in my email. . . .weird huh?

I honestlly dont know what to do with them. . . .do I give them to friends? Or keep them? I could give one to my gf for shits and giggles. . . .:D

toxictaz
09-16-2009, 11:12 PM
i got mine today. i filled it out yesterday.

i dont like how they did this. but i guess its a little better than getting screwed over as usual from Gamestop.

stv-lo
09-17-2009, 01:33 AM
when you put your receipt number in it takes 2 days for you to get your code...

Der Nacho
09-17-2009, 01:37 AM
From what I'm reading, people got the preorder card, some didn't, so some even input a random number. The site says that the code will be e-mail when the game releases. That was yesterday. It doesn't take 2 days to send/receive an e-mail.

That doesn't work for me, especially considering that a few put in the code, and got juggs whenn they were supposed to.

DEVILDOC6942
09-17-2009, 04:07 AM
I never pre ordered the game but I rented mine from Hollywood Video. I read a post that said google "Gamestop Marvel Ultimate Alliance Receipt". Enter your info or fake info but in the receipt code enter any random number in this sequence XXXX/XX-XXX. make sure you put in your correct email. I got it the next day and my friends that pre ordered were surprised. Gamestop doesnt check any of the info as long as your email is correct.

Yannie Boy
09-17-2009, 12:54 PM
I picked my copy up from Best Buy since it was on the way home and never pre-ordered the game. So I just went to the site and just put some random numbers in. However the Best Buy copy claims to have the unlock code for Hulk. I remember the good ol' days when you paid for a game and got the full game with all of it's contents. Can we just go back to those days?

IceSurfer84
09-17-2009, 07:40 PM
This worked for me as well. I looked up the actual local gamestop store number using their store locator. It was four digits so I put a zero before then the cashier# i put 02 then the sale # with which I entered 113. So for now the random codes do work. Took less than 24 hours.

Leopold Kain
09-18-2009, 05:05 AM
I tried to go to the website to retry my code and they no longer have that page up or my comp is being retarted... F'ing-A
This is so sucking.

TweakX
09-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Your comp isn't being retarded its the site. I can't get my juggs either

SupremeRapier
09-18-2009, 09:05 PM
the site blows, beem waiting a day now..

DEVILDOC6942
09-20-2009, 04:07 AM
My friend told me he read somewhere that they are all out of Juggs codes. I don't know if it's true but my other frind has been waiting for his code for a while now.

Subion
09-20-2009, 04:39 AM
They are out of the codes. I was talking to my local gamestop and they showed me an email saying that the Juggernaught online redemption page was pulled as soon as all of the codes were gone. It was a set number of codes. They made enough to give one juggernaught per a card (or whatever you want to call it) you got when preordering. Since alot of people didn't preoder and filled out the fourm online with fake info the number got hit even though there are still people who actually preordered it that didn't get them. Juggernaught was a "while supplies last" deal. Unfortunatley with the dishonest people which some are on this site, Got one that should have went to someone who preordered it.

Tailz
09-20-2009, 01:35 PM
its on tbe marketplace for free

MasteroftheVG
09-20-2009, 03:24 PM
The teaser pack is on the marketplace for free. It allows you to play with people who have the Juggernaut but doesn't give you access to the character.

cklex
09-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Yup so normal people who preordered the game and went and picked it up a cpl days after it dropped, like me, are screwed.

FML.

I really hope the game developers see how much of a disaster this is and puts Juggernaut up for a free download.

Shattuck
09-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Wow, thanks to all the selfish pieces of shit who cheated legitimate pre-order customers out of their content. I hope karma gives you all a big kick in the nuts.

senrad
09-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah this sucks. Why is a code "while supplies last"? Not like they have a bunch of juggernaut dolls in the back and they ran out of them.

SupremeRapier
09-22-2009, 06:56 PM
seriously, they never think do they

Jay_Tigran
09-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I just Emailed Gamestop for the code, said the code I rec'vd was for PS3 - I never rec'vd any PS3 code...never even preordered it...and they sent me a Juggy code

senrad
09-24-2009, 12:56 PM
I emailed gamestop and got a code. I just told them I pre-ordered and didn't get a code. I didn't include any personal information. They sent me an email with a new code within 24 hours.