dreamweaver1984
09-15-2009, 07:24 PM
dirtnet is back.. however ghost problem still exists

pX I Atticus
09-15-2009, 08:31 PM
well i will have a go inabit but who knows lol

oRiGiNaL ReaPeR x
09-15-2009, 08:34 PM
i dont get the point of taking it down and then putting it back when they havnt really changed anything.....iv still got the online ranks to do and the last of the career, so im not really bothered....i just dont see the point of it

Bl00dy_DaY
09-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Glad that it's back up, but not glad that the ghost's not downloading still exists..

scousers on tour
09-15-2009, 10:48 PM
lets be fair a five year could switch something off and then back on, but it takes a few brain cells to fix something, come on codemasters pull ya finger on, or advertise for a technician, if its broke FIX it not pretend to, smacks of GRID all over again

sorry for the whinging great game would have rather waited a week or 2 for a bug free release

oRiGiNaL ReaPeR x
09-16-2009, 05:35 AM
ok is it me or have they seriously taken dirtnet down again?! if so wtf was the point in putting it back up in the first place?!

KingPastry
09-16-2009, 06:25 AM
ok is it me or have they seriously taken dirtnet down again?! if so wtf was the point in putting it back up in the first place?!

my feelings exactly.. i was just thinking the same thing when i got a connection error again today

Gilian85
09-16-2009, 07:32 AM
How do you goto dirtnet?I want to do a tournament but can't find it anywhere.Not in my camper not outside or something

asdf123
09-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Its outside, News, right of your rides :) but think its offline now

Michaeloioi
09-16-2009, 07:38 AM
How do you goto dirtnet?I want to do a tournament but can't find it anywhere.Not in my camper not outside or something
DiRTNET is down again unfortunately.

asdf123
09-16-2009, 07:40 AM
Our tests have shown up a couple of issues with the DiRTNET servers on X360 that we've taken the server offline to resolve. In particular, we're aiming to improve the ghost server (It was working, but couldn't cope with the load).

I'll be sure to give you all an update when we have more news.

Posted by some tech at CM just now

Gilian85
09-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the fast reactions,i'll guess i'll see it when it's back online

Barad
09-16-2009, 11:53 AM
well this sucks!, these people are worse than EA!

DEV1L MAY DIE
09-16-2009, 12:48 PM
its back up now, but guess what.. it still dont work lol

FoxRacing1234
09-19-2009, 04:35 PM
It's down again, at least for me it is. ugh.

St Helens RLFC
09-20-2009, 09:37 PM
is this back up yet??

what bout the tournaments they back workin or isnt there 1 on at the moment?

KingPastry
09-20-2009, 10:33 PM
there is always a tournament running.. but only when dirtnet is up.. and so far i haven't been able to connect in about a day and a half

Flash6289
09-21-2009, 01:02 AM
It's down for me now too. Hope this doesn't become a common feature, wanna get those tourneys done!

General Boredom
09-21-2009, 01:44 AM
Yeah, it's been down for a few days, or so it seems.

Luckily, I did manage to download a ghost and get the achievement as well as enter the current tourney while it was (briefly) back up.

I do hope they get this sorted out soon. I'm almost done with DiRT Tour and then I just have the rest of the online achievements left.

sneh
09-21-2009, 01:57 AM
it worked first go for me, when i beat it it even told me i got a world record.... but then when i checked the leaderboard about half an our later i was 10 seconds off the record :(

xI VARSITY
09-21-2009, 05:56 AM
I'm sick of the crap from codemasters, I still cant have 3 questions answered, 1 is related to GRID (which doesn't even concern me personally) and the others are.... Why are the GHOSTS run by XBOX LIVE and the Tournaments run by Codemasters? and why are both having problems?
Well boys n girls, No more Codemasters games for me, unless they bring the DIZZY games to xbox live arcade, Bring back the good old days.:uzi:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379091 (FOR THE OFFICIAL WORD)

Machew8472
09-21-2009, 11:40 AM
what a joke, i love this game and the fact i cant connect to dirtnet is well pissing me off...

i can race against 8 people on live but i cant race 1 ghost.... WTF..

sort it out CM

Incubus21212
09-21-2009, 12:22 PM
what a joke, i love this game and the fact i cant connect to dirtnet is well pissing me off...

i can race against 8 people on live but i cant race 1 ghost.... WTF..

sort it out CM

I agree with ya there. All day Saturday and Sunday I couldn't connect to dirtnet. WTF? Hopefully the issue will get resolved soon.

Colin84PL
09-21-2009, 12:28 PM
I really hope they won't mess up this issue like one in Grid. This is stupid but we have to wait for tournaments anyway so keep cool :)

DLStChad II
09-21-2009, 08:38 PM
This Dirtnet thing actually makes the EA servers look good, which is saying something.
Get your shit together Codemasters!!!

CRAZYACE63
09-21-2009, 08:40 PM
This is pretty bad. Even trying to check out how my friends are doing you have to go through dirtnet. This sucks and I need a damn achievement.

Flash6289
09-21-2009, 09:51 PM
It's back for me!! :)

Incubus21212
09-21-2009, 09:56 PM
It's back for me too, but when I select a ghost and go to race, it fails to download the ghost laps. This is BS! But the Tourneys are showing up, so not all is bad.

*Edit*
I just downloaded a ghost and beat it. Not sure if it was a fluke or if the problem is resolved for good.

danjs84
09-22-2009, 12:51 AM
it could be grid all over again

h3liumX
09-22-2009, 01:45 AM
Are tournaments not registering anymore? I did the first tournament when the game released, and I did a slide (current tourny), but my stats still say only 1 tourny entered...

SEdmonds
09-22-2009, 11:10 AM
I'd like to first start by apologising for the recent downtime issues with DiRTNET. We're working closely with Quazal, our third party service provider whose technology powers DiRTNET, to get DiRTNET back online and stable as soon as possible. You can always get the latest news about DiRTNET from the official Codemasters DiRT 2 forums.

I'm sick of the crap from codemasters, I still cant have 3 questions answered, 1 is related to GRID (which doesn't even concern me personally) and the others are.... Why are the GHOSTS run by XBOX LIVE and the Tournaments run by Codemasters? and why are both having problems?

Ghosts and Tournaments are both stored on and managed by DiRTNET which in turn depends upon the Quazal server system. Lap time leaderboards (and all other traditional online functionality such as match making, friends lists, etc) are stored on Xbox Live/PSN - so that they'll always be available even if we have problems with DiRTNET.

Our tests have shown up a couple of issues with the DiRTNET servers on X360 that we've taken the server offline to resolve. In particular, we're aiming to improve the ghost server (It was working, but couldn't cope with the load).

I'll be sure to give you all an update when we have more news.

Posted by some tech at CM just now

Just for the record, all DiRTNET news comes directly from me - the programmer who created DiRTNET. We're all working closely with Quazal to get DiRTNET back online in a stable and usable manner as soon as we can. As soon as I know something, I tend to post an update about it on the official Codemasters DiRT 2 forums.

Are tournaments not registering anymore? I did the first tournament when the game released, and I did a slide (current tourny), but my stats still say only 1 tourny entered...

Sadly, this is because due to database corruption. A small subset of players (myself included) will not have gotten credit for taking part in two tournaments because the two tournaments we entered were actually the same tournament that was run twice. I'm as annoyed at this as you are, and will be doing my best to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Incubus21212
09-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I just want to say thanks for taking the time to post in here letting us know what is going on. My faith is restored!

inmuse
09-22-2009, 01:58 PM
I was finally able to download a ghost successfully last night.

Now I just need to do 3 more tourneys and a few more online races to reach level 30 :)

Colin84PL
09-22-2009, 02:25 PM
yeah! i just beat a ghost. i was able to download it at first try. if somebody else need that achievement it's a good time to do it :)

H3LL_F1R3
09-22-2009, 02:36 PM
It's nice to see developers taking the time to sign up to a website and to post to try and explain why they're having problems with certain aspects of the game. Kudos!

xI VARSITY
09-23-2009, 04:13 AM
I've been waiting for ages to 1000G this game, and all because of the dirtnet servers, I really dont understand why the tournaments have to last a week, when the game first came out I got two tournaments in 2 days. I really wanted to keep hold of the game and get any possible DLC, I dont think I'm going to bother though, considering RACE DRIVER GRID was supposed to have 3 sets of DLC and a patch for the people who didn't get the GOTTA DRIVE EM ALL achievement.

As for a Tournament registering for you, you must be signed into XBOX LIVE before you load up the game and then check current tournaments outside the R.V. if you have a precentage bar highlighted and you are on the leaderboards for that tournament then it counted.

No more codemasters for me! unless it's free!

Rifle Elite
09-23-2009, 05:51 AM
It's nice to see developers taking the time to sign up to a website and to post to try and explain why they're having problems with certain aspects of the game. Kudos!

Everyone can create an account and act like if they are some dev from Codemasters.

H3LL_F1R3
09-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Everyone can create an account and act like if they are some dev from Codemasters.

Fair point

SEdmonds
09-23-2009, 09:25 AM
That's very true. You should always confirm anything someone claiming to be a dev tells you by checking on the official Codemasters DiRT 2 forums at http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5640013#post5640013

xI VARSITY
09-23-2009, 09:40 AM
I dont suppose you could squeeze some pressure on codemasters to sort out the problem on Racedriver Grid could ya, or at least get someone to view the Grid forum on here. cheers for taking time out for the forum. nice one. means more than you know. I've been telling people to check on the dirt forums but I found it hard to navigate to from a scratch start. I just hope that I can 1000G this tonight.:woop:

Yeay, 1000G, I no-longer own this game, hope some of my other posts on other threads were of help. ta-ra,