PDA

View Full Version : I dun get it...

KBK xxSCOUTxx
09-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Me and a friend are playing through the story on coop(same room). We played all through the night last night and saved the game. When we got on this afternoon, his stats (melee, power etc..) had been reset, while mine retained the values I had acquired last night. After some experimenting, it seems everytime we reload our save, his stats are erased. This seems to be a hindrance as we are working on all the achievements as we go....WTF?!

AK46 Guerriero
09-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Same here buddy. Seems like the Gamer Profile who doe sthe inviting, or that does the saving in other words, is the only one that has their stats saved.

After beating it on your account, just make your friend start up a new game and beat it again but choose the other side of the civil war :)

Daritan
09-16-2009, 12:09 PM
This is the same thing that happens on so many co-op games. Every Lego game I went through with my girlfriend had to be done fully over for her to get 1000 and this one is no different/ Upsets me greatly that they force you to play co-op for an entire playthrough for achievements but give the visiting player nothing for it. We've played dozens of co-op games and so far only Gears and Left 4 Dead did it right.

MrFresh
09-16-2009, 12:22 PM
I just beat the game with my friend, as far as i know your playing on the host save game not your own. The only benefit of this you only carry over the stats and all the collectable all the boost,Voice tapes,m'kraan crystals,different costumes,hero deeds. The level your character in the host game is in the host save and not on yours,But all the hero deeds how many kills and fusion and costumes stick to your stats.

Daritan
09-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Yes, that is true. You are playing the host's game and not your own but lets be honest. My girlfriend puts in just as many hours to these games as I do and for nothing... so she can do it again later? That's not co-operative, that's labor. Oh wait, laboring people get paid. <lol> This has been a pet peeve for me for a long time and it makes no sense to me. Last night she got all the power training achievement except the debuffs which we couldn't find anyone with. Now today she has to start over from scratch since the game just ignores the work she did. If you put in equal effort and equal time you should get equal rewards is all I'm saying and the sooner the game companies learn that the sooner I'll be happy.

MrFresh
09-16-2009, 02:07 PM
But i just found out that you can go back to every mission you have done thur the simulator. and it also tells you what you are missing on that one level. If you play with the a friend is best to play with Person A thur Pro-Reg on there save and then On Person B thur Anti-Reg On there Save so its Win win and then you both will be able to jump on any map with any hero.

KBK xxSCOUTxx
09-16-2009, 10:33 PM
The thing is, if I beat the game(its my save) in order to get the anti-reg achievements/items i missed/legendary, the game must be my save also...which does not help my friend(If he tries to host the game, there is no available save). So, we must run thru the game TWICE for me...and then TWICE for him? Thats bunk. I hope this is patched..

Bombstriker
09-17-2009, 07:44 AM
My friend and I are battling this situation right now...... I happen to be the one that isn't the host :woop::woop: