PDA

View Full Version : Are Co-Op ach only online?

Pippers
09-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Based on the previous thread, I did the following:

2nd controller connected and signed in PRIOR to launching game.

Started new game on Heroic. In Pause Menu, shows me as Iron Man, other profile as Capt. America.

Finished first map, map stats say:
Map finished with no Revives: 1 of 1
Map finished in Co-Op: 0 of 1

What gives? Am I doing something wrong?

Horwitz
09-16-2009, 02:58 AM
Based on the previous thread, I did the following:

2nd controller connected and signed in PRIOR to launching game.

Started new game on Heroic. In Pause Menu, shows me as Iron Man, other profile as Capt. America.

Finished first map, map stats say:
Map finished with no Revives: 1 of 1
Map finished in Co-Op: 0 of 1

What gives? Am I doing something wrong?

I dont think that there should be a problem. I started playing today with a friend and nailed all, but two co-op achievements offline. If you're using both controllers to play both seperate profiles in co-op (as much of a pain as it is) there shouldn't be an issue. Then again my friend signed in after the game had launched. Hope it works out.

spamfilter
09-16-2009, 05:59 AM
This is not working for me either. My friend and I playing local co-op have had no luck unlocking the co-op achievements. We've replayed the 1st mission several times, sometimes signing in prior to launching, somethings signing in after. We beat electro and finished the level, but the finish 1 map in coop achievement never unlocked.

We were wondering if co-op had to be through live. Can any one else confirm getting co-op achievements locally?

skiscaraudio
09-16-2009, 11:53 AM
playing last night my wife got all the ones i got so far her tag is xxxxdenoxxxx if ya wanna compare.
i have her signed in before i start the game and as as soon as i start she jumps right in....will see what happens tonight tho

Phantom-Phive
09-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Maybe the 2nd player has to be signed into a dummy account for the achievements to unlock.

Pippers
09-16-2009, 05:21 PM
I am getting the Co-Op ach now but only by choosing Xbox Live, and then having the second player (on the same console) join from the lobby set up screen. Having the second player join from Play Game doesn't seem to work.

On a side note, if you play from Xbox Live, instead of Play Game, you cannot change any game settings (I like subtitles on, but there is no way to have this happen in Xbox Live games), and you also don't get those tutorial messages, meaning that it likely isn't possible to get the 5 fusion encounter achievement on this playthrough. I'll get the Xbox Live Co Op achievements done, and then just continue in Play Game.

KBK xxSCOUTxx
09-16-2009, 10:26 PM
My buddy and I have been playing locally, and have not had any problems with unlocking achievements for the 2nd player (except like once). The problem we are having is that his stats will not save if the game is reloaded (i.e We have almost beaten the game..in multiple sitdowns, and his coop maps completed resets everytime, whereas I have the acheivement) Can this be fixed by the above Xbox Live method? Or will/has this been patched? At the moment my xbox is not connected to the net, so I dun know...

Devil Sora
09-16-2009, 11:19 PM
I think thats stupid if you ask my own personal opinion. . . .my brother and I are in the same house but he doesn't have gold. . . so when we go to do a co-op game it says he cant join my f-ing lobby cause his "game privleges aren't sufficiant" . . . . .or some bull like that.

Thats the only negative thing about this game. . . . everything else is perfect. . . I dont want to play with annoying people or people who dont keep up. I'm a fast player using character's to quickly run through the entire map.

Alas. . .its a shame that this might have to do to get this blasted co-op achievements. . . . . anything for the 1k ya?. . . . .