PDA

View Full Version : top 3 hardest checkpoints Vet

Rifle Elite
02-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Just started on veteran mode today. What are the three hardest checkpoint in the single player?

fbi100
02-03-2007, 03:30 AM
all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arch Lord
02-03-2007, 06:15 AM
The hardest check point for me was when u have to rescue three french guys from three houses. One house (with a massive barn opposite) took me hours for some reason, i found that bit hard. Then the furnace room was hard too, so many guys u need to kill.

Scottacus
02-03-2007, 06:32 AM
Well I'm in a furnace room on the "Fuel Plant" level and I'm about to pull my f***ing hair out. I've tried taking it slow, but there are infinite respawns so it's impossible to clear the room. I've tried pushing through but enemies spawn in all directions including upstairs and downstairs, so I can't find safe cover anywhere. I have one smoke grenade and I've tried throwing it in a variety of different areas, all to no avail. My "teammate" is invincible but is about as helpful as a bag of bricks. I even resorted to reading a walkthrough and I must be reading it wrong because I consistently die when following its directions.

I've gone left, I've gone right, I've gone slow and methodical, I've gone quick and aggressive, and all I have to show for the last hour and a half of my life is... well, nothing.

I was really enjoying this game for the first few levels, but I'm afraid there will soon be a whole in my wall in the exact size and shape of my 360 controller.

**Update** For anyone stuck in the same spot, what worked for me was to enter the room and go left and stay close to the concrete column and barrier (not behind the coal cars), taking out anything that moved on the catwalks above with a rifle. It took a long time, but once that movement died down there were only a few enemies left downstairs, so I cleared those and headed upstairs. You'll know it's time to head upstairs when the checkpoint changes its location. At the top of the stairs, go left and use the crates for cover since there are still several enemies in the room above the exit. After clearing that room and exiting outside, be vary careful with the enemies on the rooftop to the far right. (which happens to be where you started this God-forsaken checkpoint. It turns out there aren't infinite respawns, just a ton of enemies that enter the furnace room at intervals for a long time, so it feels like an infinite respawn.

Layser
02-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Dunno if i can remember 3 but 2 that i remember i had trouble with was where you had to activate the different things around the fuel plant whilst under attack.. I did this with speed in the end and it worked. And the last level at the begining where you first have to run back, Alot of trouble as your teammates leave you and there's germans everywhere! I eventually timed it by throwing a smoke grenade just before they would overrun us and using it as cover. Oh and a 3rd one actually... The one on the 2nd to last level where you have to grab the panzerfaust to take down a tank... And to do this you have run past the tank and into an area being over run with germans again. Kinda hard, mostly luck, speed and smoke for that one.

I IDIOT I
02-03-2007, 04:50 PM
"We've got to get across this road" in The Forest

That phrase will haunt me for the rest of my days.

nny138
02-03-2007, 06:00 PM
damn infinite respawns, how disappointing that they still rely on that- more than ever actually, by the time we're playing COD3.

Scottacus
02-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Ok, I'm almost done with the campaign now and I'd have to say my vote for 3 hardest checkpoints are:

[1] The Forest. I actually found a method that got me through to the end pretty consistently, but it took me about 4 hours to figure it out.

[2] The Furnace Room (Fuel Plant). May the person who designed this room choke on my broken controller.

[3] The Town Square (Falaise Road). This is the part with planting the charge, using the crane, and turning the valve--all in one checkpoint.

I hope to finish this game tonight or tomorrow, and then I'm never playing another COD game again.

Rifle Elite
02-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Completed the campaign today. 3 hardest CP for me were:

(1) Falaise Road: Gerries keep respawning everywhere. First plant the charges, then use the crane and then to the water valve.

(2) Night Drop: Took me like 3 or 4 hours to destroy three flak 88. Easiest way to complote is to take the left trench.

(3) The Forest: Reaching the Mortar was very simple. don't understand that so many people got stuck there. Destroying the baricade was the hard part of this CP.

To easily get to the Mortar get out of the trench when somebody throw a smoke grenade. Turn around and get behind the rock on your right. Take out the trench across the road. Go to the trench and go to the left. Get behind another rock and take out the Gerries. Move forward and get behind another rock and take out all Gerries outside the bunker. Go to the Bunker and kill everybody inside and and outside at the mortar. use to mortar and take out the barricade and Gerries.

head0r Inc
02-09-2007, 02:52 PM
no one is really hard, but i stucked for a half hour at mission 13, where i have to destroy the tank at the end :-!

Jellius16
02-09-2007, 02:54 PM
"We've got to get across this road" in The Forest

That phrase will haunt me for the rest of my days.

omg i no, me too... not only do u have to cross the road when mg42's are blasting you.. but then after u take over the base u have to pass the mortar fire part of the mission to even get a checkpoint

Spent Casing
02-14-2007, 06:24 AM
Id have to say:

The Forest:at the road part. The way i finally got it to work was to snipe the MGs first then go sit at the beginning of the right dirt path until my guys ran forward, died a bit, and took the ground.

The Fuel Plant: yaknow what? that whole damn level pissed me off.

Hostage!: the last frenchie ya gotta rescue, afterwards you gotta run outa the house and all that. getting into the house and outa the house both suck. after that its all good.

going to finish the last three levels tomorrow. good four or five hours left if it goes like tonights playin :mad:

Curtis
02-14-2007, 10:41 AM
I've only managed to get up to the bit where the truck crashes and you go up the hill, pritty hard just that part for me. Anyone share any tactics?

Eternal Prince
02-14-2007, 12:21 PM
I can only remember there being 2 places where i was really stuck. One was when you have to destroy 3 flak guns, that took me forever. And another bit on the fuel plant level i think it is just after you get out the car and have to attack and there is a tank there. Ok maybe the last one wasn't that hard.

Spent Casing
02-15-2007, 05:47 PM
I've only managed to get up to the bit where the truck crashes and you go up the hill, pritty hard just that part for me. Anyone share any tactics?

i threw every smoke grenade i had so that the whole hill was covered in smoke and just charged up the right. Use the trees and broken walls for cover and watch once you get into the bunker cause i kept gettin killed by this random guy with an mp40
:boom :(

Curtis
02-16-2007, 11:35 PM
I've only got 1 smoke nade when I spawn up on the checkpoint though, I can see myself starting again and getting more smoke for that one.

Predator x360a
02-18-2007, 09:35 PM
honestly for me its the begining(sp) seeing how i cant get past the first level

Lykos
02-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Getting to that God damn crane after planting the charge and turning that God damned wheel was evil. Pure, unconcentrated evil. Like orange juice.

Spent Casing
02-20-2007, 05:28 PM
I've only got 1 smoke nade when I spawn up on the checkpoint though, I can see myself starting again and getting more smoke for that one.

I had two smokes. i think i figured out that the machine gun nests wont shoot at you half as much if they dont spot YOU before they start shootin. i let them see my allies first, threw the nades, let some smoke out and hauled ass. it still took a coupla tries tho

Mattism
02-23-2007, 08:11 PM
The 3 hardest for me so far have been

1. Forest: Crossing the road -- took forever till I figured out that if you go up the left side.

2. Night Drop: Flak 88's -- Maybe it was because I played it during the day and I could not see very well with the glare but this took me forever. I would go right and get two and always die right before the last. Like the man said go to the left trench it is a lot easier then the right.

3. Fuel Plant:
a. First silo -- I had to use some to get to the first silo but it took me forever to figure out how to do it right. I always seemed to get killed from out of nowhere.
b. Furnace Room -- I tried everything from going right to left to sticking close the cover to whatever. Finally I just rushed and killed 2 germans I saw and mad it up the stairs onto the catwalk and up the next set of stairs killing the last german I saw. Pissed me off that that is what it took.

bammargera5
02-26-2007, 12:23 AM
id have to say on the first british level wehre you have to destroy the 3 flak88's...it is soooooo fricken hard i have been so close but in the end guys hiding in the bushes at the top of the trenches shoot me..im doiung it on veteran so yeah its impossible and advice/help?

Mulsiphix
02-26-2007, 02:46 AM
Vet kicked my ass so much I gave up after the second level. Then again I usually don't spend countless hours on achievements that make me pull my hair out. This was the very first game I played and I think this was the achievement that helped me establish that rule hehe.

miLLaTime420
02-28-2007, 08:44 AM
this game makes me want to break my xbox 360. its soooo hard
ive had several parts that literally took me hours

chapter 2 when you have to fight up a hill with machine guns at the top.
chapter 5 when you have to plant charge, lower crane, and shut off the valve.
fuel depot chapter in the furnace room
chapter 8 or 9 (forest) "cross that road" wow.. i got to the mortar 4 or 5 times and died
right now im stuck on chapter 10 i believe... all the way at the end when you have to clear out a house and the back. ive been on that for hours now.
this game really pisses me off A LOTTT

jacob456
02-28-2007, 05:51 PM
I found that the British missions were always hardest. Most of the American missions were pretty easy but for some reason i found the first mission on vet harder than the last. :confused:

TOP GUN 798
03-01-2007, 03:42 AM
Well i would have to agree with the majority on the Forest level. That was probably the most time i've ever spent repeating the same thing over and over again. And yes I too also have nightmares of "We need to cross that road". I finally beat it after 4 hours. I would run back to the door you just came out of snipe off all 6 guys in the first bunker before the smoke skewed your vision then i would run out and go right to a broke stump and snipe all the guys from there, after about 20 kills you can advance up the right, I ran all the way up the right and hid beside the bunker, then snuck around the corner and pick the guys off one by one, then for the morter guys, you can go outside the bunker and the far door between the outside and ground if you throw a nade in that general direction it should take out all the guys in there without even having to go in that door. As for the furnace room, I didn't find that hard at all, I beat that on my second try. i just stuck tight to those big cement pilars then rush my way up stairs. The mission after forest tho really pissed me off. I didn't spend as long as forest, but my god AI in trenches is dumb. they surround you like lost children so you can't even move, and they run in front of you causing you to teamkill and start over, this took me a good 3 hours to get those 3 flaks, I am just on the last part of the mission now, clearing out the house.

x SNIFE x
04-02-2007, 08:16 AM
The hardest check point for me was when u have to rescue three french guys from three houses. One house (with a massive barn opposite) took me hours for some reason, i found that bit hard. Then the furnace room was hard too, so many guys u need to kill.

I can't say why, but that was one of the hardest parts for me also. I have no clue why but I just remember how badly it pissed me off...

MrEastSide
04-11-2007, 12:41 AM
Some achievements just aren't worth the headache. And this is one of them for me. At least in CoD2 I got points between each level and at the least felt like I was somewhat accomplishing something. In this game I have to play through the whole thing pissed off and angry before I get any type of pay off. This is one I think I'll be skipping.

boodle
04-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Im on one of the british missions at the mo on Vet. the bit right after the valve, the crane and the planting the charge. finding that as soon as the tanks come out i et wiped out straight away.

ill keep going tho. the mission before was brilliant, the one where you paddle across the river next to the bridge. that was superb, reminded me of saving private ryan:uzi:

munkyxtc
04-20-2007, 07:15 PM
I forget level name, but it was like level 5 or 6 where you get pinned in the warehouse and need to run around and blow up the 3 panzershreks --

This is the only checkpoint that sticks out in my mind because it was freaking madness on Vet.

cocky
04-23-2007, 02:17 PM
for me the hardest one, is the very last one.. where you get in the house, then kill the three mortar crews, then get outside to kills the tanks and stuff.. i can NOT beat it.. as SOON as i step outside, i'm dead.. with or without smoke.. GRRRRRRRR!!! can anyone help me figure this out?!?!

sixfootshark
05-13-2007, 12:56 AM
*** Spoiler ***

@Curtis: you will need more smoke! When you start this section don't run forward down the path yet. Instead you should turn around, follow the path back to the section you've already cleared, follow the path down the small hill and look into the dugout/shack to your left. On the desk there are some smoke grenades.

Then run back to the point where the truck comes through the gap and explodes.

My tactics here were to pop smoke into the center and upper right side of the hill. When the smoke starts to spread, crouch and run through the gap and follow the stream/drainage ditch to the right. Use all available cover. Stay to the right as you go up the hill. Proceed cautiously - the goal is to enfillade the fixed positions. I found that I didn't need to rush into the bunkers, my AI squad took care of the dirty work...

@Rifle Elite:
I am *STILL* stuck on the damned furnace in section 7. Maddening. It's got to the point where it's just not fun any more and I will probably give up if I don't finish soon!

vicko
05-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Wow,Finally got through. There should be a separate achievement for "crossing the road",I did not have a problem till this bit ,then it has taken about 6 hours of my life to do this checkpoint,now for the rest of the game.stick at it guys.

Rifle Elite
05-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Ok i will give some hints and tips for the mission problems that are most common:

(1) Forest: As i said earlier, use ur smoke grenade right when u spawn, get out of the trench turn around and get behind the rock on ur right. Kill all enemies on the other side of the road. And get to the left behind a rock. Don't go to the right or don't go to the truck in the beginning thats almost impossible to do. The way i did this worked 4 out of 5 times.

(2) Falaise Road: It might sound strange but u have first go to that button thing then to the other side of the level to the crane. And then go to the valve on the other side of the level by going via that button thing.

(3) Flak 88's: Take the left trench. Take cover is important here. In every mission on Vet. this is important but here it's even more important. Get out of cover for 1 second and ur dead. Always wait for ur team mates. Sometimes they will even go ahead of u so u sometimes don't have to do it all alone.

(4) British rescue mission: When u are trying to get to the last person go via that large barn. Go around, enter from the back door. To escape go to the back door then to the right. Kill gerries and try o get to the car.

Soldier 4 I AM
02-05-2008, 10:14 AM
I had a real hard time in the forest getting across the road and taking the bunker.

The second part was where I had to take out them Flak 88 guns out. I played that over and over again. I spent so much time on that.

NMS
02-10-2008, 05:01 PM
The forest, The point leading up to the furnace and the last mission. My squad kept getting in the way of the AT gun. (The dreaded friendly fire restart)