PDA

View Full Version : Special Conversations, only 1 per playthru per map?

Pippers
09-16-2009, 06:24 AM
In the first area, I've been able to get Iceman talking to Wolverine, and Daredevil talking to Black Widow.

None of the other characters (Storm or Gambit) will talk to Wolverine. Can you only talk to a particular character once on that map? We played sim missions and put Wolverine in and then out of the party, to no effect.

We don't even have Jean Grey at this point, so not sure how that one is even possible.

Do these special stats carry over on Legendary playthrus?

MalikGowon
09-16-2009, 07:18 AM
I think it is 1 per play through, but I could be wrong. I'm positive they do carry over to legendary. I wouldn't worry much about this one since there's plenty of them and you only need 10.

The Pants Party
09-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Hm. I haven't gone for these yet since I've been playing with friends (who don't care about achievements :p) - but if that is so, it may be that it doesn't matter which person you are controlling to trigger it, it is more dependent on who you're talking to. So there is really only one conversation that Wolverine has at that point, but three people can trigger it. That definitely cuts down the total number in the game, but there are still quite a few.

If this can be confirmed by a few more people, I'll have to revise my list and add a note in the achievement guide.

EDIT: If you pause the game and go to Stats>Map it shows there are six total for the first HQ, same as I have in the guide. But, this doesn't necessarily mean you can unlock them all during the same playthrough. Still need to confirm that.

krillgar
09-16-2009, 02:41 PM
I've gotten this achievement by the first time I visited Fury's base. After Stark Tower, they get a little more prevalent. Especially in Fury's base, with Thing you can use both Human Torch and Invisible Woman to each have a special conversation. You do have to be controlling that character to get the conversation, but the little star under the ! should appear as long as someone is in your party.

VileZero
09-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Here's what I did:

I talked to Wolverine as Gambit, saved and quit. Loaded the save, talked to him as Iceman and it worked.

Pippers
09-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Nice find VileZero. I was considering doing that, but Co-Op is so buggy for me I didn't want to chance it.

Also, it might be possible to replay the Stark HQ1 (for example) from the sim console, and get them that way?

Pants, your guide only lists 5 for the start:
Jean Grey --> Wolverine
Iceman --> Wolverine
Storm --> Wolverine
Gambit --> Wolverine
Daredevil --> Black Widow

No way to know as of yet, but it's possible all special talks to a single person (Wolverine) just count as 1? The reason I say that is there are 3 other people that can appear in Stark HQ 1 (Spiderman, Thor, and that New Warrior guy, dunno his name). That totals 5 different characters to talk to, and the 6th might just be someone we haven't unlocked yet, on our first time through HQ 1. (Similar to Jean Grey, who won't be active for our first time through HQ 1).

krillgar
09-16-2009, 06:12 PM
No, each special talk is counted separately. I had 8, talked to Thing as Sue Storm and 9/10 popped up. I switched to Human Torch, and 10/10 popped up as well as the achievement.

So you can keep switching between characters and getting the different conversations without having to save and reload. I'm not sure though if it will work after you have the regular conversation with them though.