PDA

View Full Version : Heroic opportunities

Daritan
09-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Is there any way to tell what herioc things you have done? I've made my choice and now am going through the game unlocking them but can't tell which I have finished except the 50 kills ones. Those change from beat 0 of 50 to somply beat 50. All others I can find no indication of which I have done\have not. I can tell how many I've completed obviously on the stats page just not which ones.

Chunder
09-16-2009, 12:53 PM
In the stats page you can go through each character's page and it'll show which feats for them you've done or not.

Daritan
09-16-2009, 01:11 PM
That's what I'm talking about. On Iron Man's stat's page there are 2. One says

Beat 3 opponets with a non-fusion attack.

I did this and got the boost and it now says...

Beat 3 opponents with a non-fusion attack.

If I didn't see it pop I wouldn't know I finished it. Now the other one on the same page says to lead a group of pro-reg characters through a map. I've led a group through two maps and have yet to see the ability pop. I'm afraid to switch off of Iron Man and lose the boost and I have no way of knowing if I got it or not. I THINK I did since my total herois opportunities went up one but I can't be sure.

The Pants Party
09-16-2009, 01:38 PM
The wording actually does change.

It says originally that you need to "DEFEAT..."
Then it says that you have "BEAT..."

So if you see the word "Defeat" you HAVE NOT done it and if you see the word "Beat" then you HAVE done it.

ZeroThreshold
09-16-2009, 01:58 PM
The only ones that throw me off are the "Lead certain team an entire map". For two reasons, I can't tell if I've led or not when I try, and does that mean you have to BE that character (say, Iron Man, leading Pro-Reg team), or that you have to have that team, and him on it?

Daritan
09-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Shoulda known I could count on you Pants... okay how about with the lead ones? I just spent 10 min comparing one I think I did to a character I've never played and I can't tell the difference. You'd think a little star or greying out of text would be easy to add in a game like this. I really like the game but there are some major issues that I wish had been addressed before it shipped. <g>

MrFresh
09-16-2009, 02:12 PM
When you do a Lead in a map you have to be that hero the whole time and you can't switch to another hero or it won't count. Once you have done the Heroic Deed instead of lead it will now say Led.

Kamakazi59
09-16-2009, 02:21 PM
For the Heroic Deed of "Lead" to "Led" the person being asked to lead can be in any position doesn't have to be the first character in line or last character in line. Also you can change characters between the four selected anytime after the map starts using the D-pad. However, you must keep playing the whole map with ONLY the four selected.

On another note, the fusion heroic deeds will remove the number "0 of 5..." to simply "5 fusions performed"

MrFresh
09-16-2009, 02:27 PM
I pretty sure you have to be that hero the whole you can't switch..when you go for the heroic deeds.

Kamakazi59
09-16-2009, 02:53 PM
It seemed to work for me...

I was going for my x-men heroic deed with storm and I had her selected when I first started the map, but sometime during the match I switched on accident to wolverine, so I thought I didn't complete the deed but on the very next map, the ticker at the top said I earned a boost? Can anyone else confirm that switching between the selected 4 characters will still give you the boost?

Doc_Ezra
09-16-2009, 04:50 PM
I pretty sure you have to be that hero the whole you can't switch..when you go for the heroic deeds.

I ran the FF through a map yesterday, and spent almost the entire time as the Thing, and still got Reed's Heroic Deed for "leading" the FF through it.

The Pants Party
09-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah, one thing I noticed about a lot of things in this game, is that as long as your team does something, you'll get credit. For instance, Gold medals on Fusions. My two friends connected and got a Gold Guided fusion and I got credit for it. Probably the same with the Boost bonuses.

Can someone check if they form a team and then just jump from one HQ to another if that counts as a cleared map and will unlock the Boost bonus for a team leadership?

MalikGowon
09-16-2009, 06:07 PM
You can switch characters when your trying the 'lead' deeds. I've done it with the New Avengers for Cage.