PDA

View Full Version : what control settings do you use for MS Steering Wheel?

tonyturbo
09-16-2009, 03:27 PM
The game looks pretty good so far (until Forza 3 lol) with some of the best engine sounds to date but I'm struggling to find a nice smooth setup for the steering wheel. Anyone else found a smooth setup for wheel and pedals that they would like to post it? It's really annoying how you can't alter the settings during a race so you can fine tune it on the fly. You have to go through the annoying process of completing a race, back into the control settings in the main menu then start another race to see if you've improved or made it worse.

jorGe62990
09-16-2009, 03:35 PM
I would like to know as well. I'm not set on buying the game yet, but I do have the wireless steering wheel, so it would be good to know how well they work together.

Six to Eight
09-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I used default for about 10 races and came in 2nd/3rd for most of them on Medium. I like the settings at default, the drivers wheel spins as much as my wheel.

tonyturbo
09-17-2009, 02:18 PM
ok, I've been playing around for some time now and probably reached a point where I think it wont get any better for me personally. I think I'm doing the stupid thing and trying to compare the handling with Forza which is a complete no no. So here goes, these work pretty well for me, you may be slightly different but these will give you a good basis for fine tuning after If you wish.

For Pro Handling Model, all aids off.

Steering Dead Zone - 5%
Accelerator Dead Zone - 5%
Brake Dead Zone - 5%
Steering Sensitivity - 40%
Acceleration Sensitivity - 50%
Braking Sensitivity - 50%
Speed Steering Sensitivity - 20%
Force Feedback - 10 (maximum not percentage)

I hope this gives you a nice ground setup that you can fine tune if you wish.

Nooblade
10-03-2009, 04:14 AM
Steering Dead Zone - 0%
Accelerator Dead Zone - 0%
Brake Dead Zone - 0%
Steering Sensitivity - 100%
Acceleration Sensitivity - 100%
Braking Sensitivity - 100%
Speed Steering Sensitivity - 100%
Force Feedback - 10

That's what I'm using!

To be honest I don't understand why some people decided to use a dead zone! If you want sensation and a good force feedback, disable all dead zone!

Hope it would help!