PDA

View Full Version : First thoughts??..

floridafan765
09-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Ok so after a day of playing (more for some people) i thought id get some input on what other people think of the game..so please state your comments.

Personally, and i hate to say it, but im a bit disappointed overall with game. Overall i think the gameply is great (better than the first) with its tweaks in it. the graphics are pretty good and fusions and overall action is awesome. However, after playing last night there were various things that really detracted from the experience and they are as follows:
1. took a while to figure out how to play with people who didnt have Juggernaut.
2. even thought both me and my cousin unlocked the juggernaut we sometimes couldnt connect until we both downloaded the thing that allowed jugg and non-jugg users to play with eachother.
3. i dont like the fact that there is no extraction point where one saves and changes characters. one just presses start and saves and/or can switch characters.
4. when playing online with my cousin (he was host) it only saved for him and not me so i couldnt progress by myslef. so basically only host gets saved data (makes no sense).
5. more than once did the game freeze on the pause menu while playing online.

thats my assessment. feel free to slander me as i know people will (be predictable). or you can be progressive and list your thoughts.

asdf123
09-16-2009, 07:04 PM
I played the first level only and don't like it very much to be honest, will probably get used to it as i play more, but it seem very chaotic, i find it hard to keep track of where i am :) so much going on, especially in bossfights

Slickeezy
09-16-2009, 07:52 PM
i like the game overall so far. only thing i hate is that everyone gets one set of skills. i kinda like picking my moves like the first one.

Phantom-Phive
09-16-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm digging it, took me a while to get use to the control setup. I'm loving the fusions and the graphics are more polished than the first.

The things I dislike is how when u press the right trigger it just displays the buttons and not a description or picture of the attack ure about to use. I'm also not too crazy about the lack of hubs/extraction points, changing characters on the fly makes the game seem too easy in a sense where if u pick the wrong set of characters for a mission u can just swap them out and use them then go right back to ur original team. Other than that I'm enjoying what little bit I've played, haven't tried online co-op yet.

Reigning Darth
09-16-2009, 08:45 PM
I really like the game but I've noticed while some things are better about the second game, there are some things I liked better baout the first.

1) The voice acting is so much better in the first game. Almost seems like the acting was thrown in at the last minute in this one.

2) The cutscenes were also better in the first one. Much better.

3) The characters and costumes as well as the upgrade system were better in the first one.

4) Level design and graphics for the second one were cripser and a lot less glitchy.

5) I really like the story and ideas in the second one though it at times didn't have that sense of urgency and scale that the first one did. And this one seemed much, much shorter in terms of overalll length this time around.

I only hope that the dlc has much more to it this time... what would be really awesome is if they gave you a chracter dlc pack that included all the character from the first not present in this one. But for once i would love to see level add on content. It maybe be difficult to do, but I would suggest deleted scenes or maybe deal with the aftermath in some way...

Freshmaker
09-16-2009, 09:08 PM
I really like the game but I've noticed while some things are better about the second game, there are some things I liked better baout the first.

1) The voice acting is so much better in the first game. Almost seems like the acting was thrown in at the last minute in this one.

2) The cutscenes were also better in the first one. Much better.

3) The characters and costumes as well as the upgrade system were better in the first one.

4) Level design and graphics for the second one were cripser and a lot less glitchy.

5) I really like the story and ideas in the second one though it at times didn't have that sense of urgency and scale that the first one did. And this one seemed much, much shorter in terms of overalll length this time around.

I only hope that the dlc has much more to it this time... what would be really awesome is if they gave you a chracter dlc pack that included all the character from the first not present in this one. But for once i would love to see level add on content. It maybe be difficult to do, but I would suggest deleted scenes or maybe deal with the aftermath in some way...

Read the bold part, only one I think that could have been better for voice work is Spidey, he's supposed to be around late 20's during Civil War, and yet still sounds like he hasn't hit puberty.

Reigning Darth
09-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Read the bold part, only one I think that could have been better for voice work is Spidey, he's supposed to be around late 20's during Civil War, and yet still sounds like he hasn't hit puberty.

So you"re telling me you like the voice acting for Thor? Or Reed Richards? Or Electro? Or I could keep goign on and on... Man the voice acting for a couple of characters was decent, but 90 percent of the voice acting... SUCKED!!!!

Freshmaker
09-16-2009, 10:08 PM
So you"re telling me you like the voice acting for Thor? Or Reed Richards? Or Electro? Or I could keep goign on and on... Man the voice acting for a couple of characters was decent, but 90 percent of the voice acting... SUCKED!!!!

Actually I blocked that part out, Thor sounded like an English man, Reed sounded retarded, ad Eletro ugh, yeah I know it wasn't all that great I felt Cap could have been chosen better, he sounded like he should have played Daredevil.

Daritan
09-16-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm hoping for some good DLC also. Ignoring the fact that the look and sound of most of the characters grate against me I still think its a good game. Looking at the character select screen there is a LOT of white space that I suppose they will fill in with new characters and the like. But that is way too easy a way to expand the game.

We got 12 sim-discs in this one where in others there were so many more. I hope they come out with tons of new scenarios where we can relive moments from the comics or the like. You could literally add in anything as a historical simulation and have it fit just as well in the game.