PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 8, help :(

ikuze
09-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Hellow...
I'm in chapter 8 in the room, where I have to "lock" the 4 doors. I tried it like 25 times now and I die every time. I'm playing this game on hard. So, can anyone give me some advice? I guess a video would be more helpful... I already found a video of someone playing this chapter on easy and he dies a lot, too. lol

:(

edit: nevermind, rofl. i got it right now, 9 minutes after creating this thread >.<.

x502x
09-16-2009, 11:58 PM
I still need help. Made it to this part no problem. Anybody know of a video or any hints besides, "keep moving, keep shooting" Best I have done is two of the doors and that is just barely.

phatmuther
09-17-2009, 12:18 AM
I cant remeber exactly which one you're on about but 2 of these arenas really pissed me off during my playthrough on hard.

Best thing to do is try and kill all the people out in the open quickly and first, then instead of going to shut a door go for a multiplyer while all the time jumping or sliding so that you can keep an eye out for enemies in slow mo. Your health is restored via the multiplyer and you'll need it since these fuckers can really hurt you. Once you've got at least a 3x take everyone out again and take a door out. Repeat.

KEEP an eye out for enemies above you, they love to hide and pop out and shoot you when you think no-ones about.

When a chaingun guy pops up jump keep constantly jumping around shooting him and other enemies following you. DONT slide, if you slide near him he will kick you and take a chunk of your life. Carry on killing and shooting the bloke until he starts running away. Keep jumping and shooting him until he has X above his head, make sure you've cleared the room for enough time to take him out.

Oh yeah, DO NOT try and just on the poles to swing, or ledges to climb unless you have full health or the room is empty or you will die instantly.

Hope that helped.

MrEcho12
09-17-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm stuck here also playing on the hard difficulty. Is there any certain order anyone finds easiest to locking the doors?

Nevermind. Just got it. If it helps any, I locked the bottom left door first then the other bottom door. After the second door I shot the guy with the chain gun til he ran around to the hallway with the hanging ice blocks then took him out there. Then went up and got the door up the stairs, dropped back down to the first level, then wall jumped up to the last door. Try to keep it in slo mo the whole time.

Wicelow
09-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Same problem here.
Just can't find a good "pattern" to defeat them all :mad:

I'll try your method, Echo.

OniZuka311
09-19-2009, 04:42 AM
If this is the one I'm thinking of then there should be ice hanging down on you left. Run down there shooting and run straight to the wall. Run up it and jump across to the door upstairs. This eliminates you getting shot from behind and hard to kill respawners. Go back down the way you came up and take out that door. Now aim for the big gunner. Taking him down with two door shut and everyone now in front of you shouldn't be to hard. Keep jumping left and right while firing. If you still can't beat him after the second door go back throught the ice from the start and run up the step and take out the door upstairs leaving just him and the spawners.

That's how I did it after many tries. I hope that's the part your on too. Haha

tpb
09-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Dude this bit is fucking nails! Took me like 10 attempts....
first - you really really need the ability to shoot while swinging on poles.
Then as soon as you come in, head left through the ice - killing the guy at the end.... (*A*) then follow to the right shooting everything that breathes... (remember sword wielders need a head shot...or about 5 headshot if your on hard!) now follow around and shoot the minigun guy and the other guys that will be on the stairs at the same time (ie if the auto aim is on the stair guys then shoot you aim at the mini gunner and visa versa). When your closer switch to the shotguns for extra damage... eventually the mini gunner will run... the first place he runs is to the area i marked above as (*A*) - so shoot everyone else around as you are following him - then finish him off... now just move slowly through shoot everything and slicing the doors... the first 3 are easy - (circle around right from point (*A*) and then up the stairs... to get to the last one you have to jump up near the area with the door on the stairs and swing on various polls - zigzaging accross the room... this is why you will need the shooting from polls ability - because all the dudes will pile out of the last door and shoot you through the window - so keep shooting in that direction as much as possible... Once you slice that door you are done (and probably have a tonne of points at the same time).

Mizugetsu
09-19-2009, 09:48 AM
1. Head up the stairs jumping almost constantly (equip shottys)
2.wall run across the top of balcony
3.wall run the gap (equip SMGs)
4climb up and head left
5.jump the gap
6. pole swing to the other side of the room
7. go right on the ledge
8. pole swing back to the other side of the room
9. head left jump across gap (equip SMGS)
10. close the door at the end

now once thats out the way things getting easier and now kill everyone you can whilst heading back toward the gatling gun guy (Heavy upgraded pistols or SMGS will do) once he's running follow and shut the door next to him after quick time event
head north in the room and close the lower door then the one on the balcony you wall ran past earlier

SHIMA 41
09-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Mizugetsu is right :) i had a hard time with this room till i shut the door above where u enter first, then its just a case of keeping slow-mo going till u shut the other doors :)

h3liumX
09-19-2009, 12:21 PM
You can also shoot the door power to close the doors with pistols. It takes a good number of bullets but it is helpful for doors in harder to reach places. Fully upgraded pistols is a must. Also you can keep a high multiplier going and just kill off enemies until they stop spawning.

Ralph The Rogue
09-20-2009, 08:06 AM
I tried for over 90 minutes tonight to get past the last arena on level 8. I just can't seem to do it. Even being sneaky and shooting out one door spawns before the cut scene starts isn't helping. I've tried all the strategies posted, but still get smoked before I can X button the minigun boss. Anyone have a video for inspiration? I probably screwed myself by not upgrading appropriately. I'm thinking I may have to start the game over just to get past this arena.

Midnight Malice
09-20-2009, 01:05 PM
It is all a matter of timing, and which doors to close first. I went ice side first (left), ran up the far left wall and jumped across to the "tunnel" upstairs and took that area out first. Then I picked up the multipliers, took out the door up the stairs to your right as soon as you got in the area. Taking out those 2 first is vital cause you can keep everyitng on the bottom floor, which makes this much easier. There is an area you can go in here if you need a small breather, it is an enclosed room with a single exit... you can keep moving around in here and keep enemies in front of you shooting through the doorway, and maybe get your multiplier up a bit too so you gain health while not losing as much.

Ralph The Rogue
09-21-2009, 12:28 AM
It is all a matter of timing, and which doors to close first. I went ice side first (left), ran up the far left wall and jumped across to the "tunnel" upstairs and took that area out first. Then I picked up the multipliers, took out the door up the stairs to your right as soon as you got in the area. Taking out those 2 first is vital cause you can keep everyitng on the bottom floor, which makes this much easier. There is an area you can go in here if you need a small breather, it is an enclosed room with a single exit... you can keep moving around in here and keep enemies in front of you shooting through the doorway, and maybe get your multiplier up a bit too so you gain health while not losing as much.

I'll give it a try tonight. Thanks.

True Marvellous
09-21-2009, 12:46 AM
This is the hardest arena i found on hard.

First off all this is best done with fully upgrade pistols which are the best weapon in the game imo.

The guys that seem to do you the most hard are the ones on the hard to reach upper door as they have Uzi's and can take you down real quick.

Soon as you start dive forward and do a 360 turn so you looking up at the previously mentioned uzi guys they will be behind a mesh wall but you can still kill them.

Try take as many guys out as possible whilst diving up the stars, when you get to the top slide round the upper floor and take down door one. Dive across the gap taking out a bad guy whose on the other side.

Wall run up and go to the left jump across the polls to the other side and along the ledge and back across the room again on the other poles. Since you took the Uzi guys out earlier they should just be re spawning by the time you get here allowing you to take them out and shut off that pesky door.

Run back the way you came drop down and take out the lower door , and then take out any other guys on the way to the final door.

During all this as the mini gun guy shouldn't have moved and you can now take him out easily.

Ralph The Rogue
09-21-2009, 03:52 AM
So here was my strategy to get past this nightmare. Before triggering the cut scene you are in a small room looking into the big room. From this room, you can close two doors before the cut scene starts. You can close the door immediately in front of you at the top of the stairs by shooting just above the railing. You have to hold the left trigger while you shoot. Just hold down the right trigger as it takes about 28 pistol bullets to close the door. You will know you are on target when the flames on the skull start to die down. You can also shoot the door on the ground floor to the left of the first door we just closed. You have to move Rubi around a bit to get the bullets to pass between the two posts. Look for splinters flying from the door frame or posts. If you see them, that means your bullets aren't getting to the target. Adjust as needed to take out the door. I also cleared the ice on the left of the entry so I could see all the enemies on the left immediately after the cut scene.

After the cut scene, run to the left and kill several guys coming out of the last door open on the ground floor. With two doors closed already, the guys will be pouring out of this door. Get your headshots and build your multiplier to get your health back. Watch your back from the guys in the upper hallway. Clear the area quickly and run up the wall and back jump into the upper hallway. Take out the one or two guys here. Ignore the door and move over to the other end of the platform and shoot the last ground floor door to shut it. Now move to the other end of the hallway and close the last door. Do it quick as the chaingun guy on the ground floor can shoot through the chainlink fence here.

You will get the message that you have to clear the remaining enemies. Move back to the other end of the platform and drop down to kill all remaining guys and chaingun guy to finish the arena. I picked up zero multipliers with this strategy, but still ended up with 3 bars of health left.

Just another way to get past this for those, like me, that didn't upgrade properly or enough in the early levels. I am so glad to be past this now.

Dysrhythmic
09-21-2009, 05:24 AM
One of the things I discovered on beating arenas was to not concentrate on going for the doors. If you spend a bit of time just taking out the enemies in the beginning it becomes a lot easier. I usually just Jump/Slide around the room towards a door and spend a few seconds jumping around the door to take out everyone I can. Eventually, you will have a period when there are no enemies around the door and it will be safe to close it. This strategy has worked really well for me every difficulty.

m4DD0gg
09-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Here is how i did it took me a while to figure out but i believe its the best way as i ended up leaving the area with full health on hard with loads of points. The key to this and every area like this is knowing the best route to get all the multiplyers quickly.

1) When you get to the area watch the whole cut scene - this is important because some of the guys at the top of the stairs ahead of you will all congregate there.
2) Once cut scene is done head straight up those stairs doing acrobatic kills, before closing the first door ideally you need to be on multiplyer x2.
3) Next jump over the gap killing the guy across from you and wall run up and head left.
4) As you head left look behind you and jump swinging on the poles and collecting a x3 multiplyer keep swinging across and grab the wall and proceed right, half way across look behind you and jump the poles again getting another x2 multiplyer.
5) At this point your multiplyer should be maxed so turn round on the pole and head back the way you came to where you originally jumped to the first pole.
6) From here head all the way left holding the wall and you will get to the 2nd door to close.
7) From here head to the ground floor acrobatically killing everyone and closing the remaining 2 doors with ease.
8) Take out the boss and happy days.

IXISHADOW
09-22-2009, 12:09 AM
Here is how i did it took me a while to figure out but i believe its the best way as i ended up leaving the area with full health on hard with loads of points. The key to this and every area like this is knowing the best route to get all the multiplyers quickly.

1) When you get to the area watch the whole cut scene - this is important because some of the guys at the top of the stairs ahead of you will all congregate there.
2) Once cut scene is done head straight up those stairs doing acrobatic kills, before closing the first door ideally you need to be on multiplyer x2.
3) Next jump over the gap killing the guy across from you and wall run up and head left.
4) As you head left look behind you and jump swinging on the poles and collecting a x3 multiplyer keep swinging across and grab the wall and proceed right, half way across look behind you and jump the poles again getting another x2 multiplyer.
5) At this point your multiplyer should be maxed so turn round on the pole and head back the way you came to where you originally jumped to the first pole.
6) From here head all the way left holding the wall and you will get to the 2nd door to close.
7) From here head to the ground floor acrobatically killing everyone and closing the remaining 2 doors with ease.
8) Take out the boss and happy days.

This strategy is perfect. Works really well. Tested on the hired gun difficulty. I have not done it yet but almost. Came very close so yes this is the best option you have.

Tomeeboy
09-22-2009, 04:08 AM
If this is the arena I think it is, I just finished it... on hard... with NO upgrades. I have to say, it was the first time in this game that I have been REALLY irritated. It took me at least 15 tries before I finally beat it, and that final run lasted 20 MINUTES of non-stop, slow motion, acrobatic gun fighting. I can safely say that I never want to play that arena again without being fully upgraded.

I hit my 50,000 point balance right before getting there, but had no chance to upgrade before the arena. Ended up with a balance of about 57,000 points afterwards, so it looks like I'll be getting my upgrade achievements as well very soon. Man that was some irritating gameplay, though. Got a headache from the constant slow-motion and never-ending gunfire sound effects.

BTW... I beat the arena the hard way and killed EVERYONE until they stopped coming out the doors, THEN closed all the doors. Wanted to make sure I had all the points I could get for the upgrade achievements :)