PDA

View Full Version : Real bad rear car handling

Suki
09-16-2009, 11:19 PM
i am a big racing gamer, played em all and realy liked the look of this and its a great game overall, but when did the developers decide to make the rear of the car swing around like some sort of pendulum at any speed over 15 mph, its madness i mean it reminds me of Sega Daytona US or ridge racer the way the car steps out at the slightest turn of the wheel, i was driving a modded golf at 140 in a straight line then just changed direction slightly and out swings the tail thats IMPOSSIBLE especially when they are saying this is more of a sim racing game than an arcade, is there anyway to fix this or is it there for the whole game i am only 1 hr in but this is unbearable. im trying to go round corners with the minutist amount of steering and throttle to get the master corner badges but it seems some corners are impossible in some cars. maybe im being to harsh and it will grow on me i hope so because i want to like this game but front wheel drive cars with the rear sliding round like im on ice is annoying the hell out of me not to mention its very hard to know what the car is going to do next.

bs000
09-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Try turning down the steering sensitivity in the options. The defaults seem to favor a racing wheel setup

ezekiel 08
09-17-2009, 01:24 AM
I'm right with you Suki (love the name man!). I've play nearly every racing game on the 360 (own them all, just haven't done them yet :p), and I don't think I'm that bad a racer, but the controls in this game are just insane. As soon as you touch the steering, your car's tiers start screeching and skidding all over the road like the track is covered in oil!

I race on the "Experienced" setting and it's not too bad on the lower powered cars but as soon as you jump in a Tier 3-5 car, the s**t hits the fan!

Does anyone have a good steering setup to use? I don't use a steering wheel but really want to play this game with some sort of realism...

KingPastry
09-17-2009, 05:22 AM
seems like every time i come on here to get a question answered.. someone has just asked it for me.. haha

this is the exact thing i was thinking about.. love the game so far.. just cant manage to perfect a track as i'm unable to control the rear end

TJP
09-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Have a read of this thread, which may be of some help: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=957702&topic=51373947

I've been using the suggested settings on page 3 from SilentLine04, which have helped tame the "tank slapper" effect that I've experienced with the standard settings. Quick tuning the car & adding a bit of understeer also helps.

Cheers.

Suki
09-17-2009, 02:23 PM
OMG just tried the first invitational witht the viper and ford gt it is crazy these cars are just hanging out there constanty this is so far from a sim its untrue, at what point of the development did they say yeah i know what would be good lets make every car handle like it has a ton of bricks in the boot. i am now close to calling it a day on this game and its a real shame as it seems to be so promising just with the one major tank slapping flaw. if i cant get over this or tune it out or something then someone should be shot on the game testing team as its infurating to drive these cars around any corner.

patches4711
09-17-2009, 04:31 PM
I moved up to Tier 2 last night and with the fully upgraded Porsche Cayman I cant seem to keep the rear end on the track. I forgot about adding a 100% downforce on the spoiler. I think I need to change the braking sensitivity as well. The game is certainly enjoyable hopefully I will be able to find a setting I can live with.

Suki
09-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Have a read of this thread, which may be of some help: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=957702&topic=51373947

I've been using the suggested settings on page 3 from SilentLine04, which have helped tame the "tank slapper" effect that I've experienced with the standard settings. Quick tuning the car & adding a bit of understeer also helps.

Cheers.

thx m8 gonna try this l8r and hope it makes this racing game a racing game u can play.

OtherWorldView
09-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Just used SilentLines settings and they made a HUGE difference while driving the Ford GT

DerPoodle
09-18-2009, 07:33 PM
yep works well just picked this up and im diggin it a bunch its a fresh kind of arcade sim that I really havent seen before- time will tell though

the e92 m3 that you start with felt prone to oversteer with that setup - could only imagine it without it!!!