PDA

View Full Version : How the **** do you get the 5-chain reaction

StillRobbie
09-16-2009, 11:20 PM
I have tried numerous ways to get this and I have been unsuccessful. I have tried both the strategies listed in the guide. If anyone has any advice then please help. What exactly is suppose to happen when I do the chain reaction. Is one explosion suppose to lead to four more or what. I have been trying at the simulation where you have to destroy everything.

bangem
09-17-2009, 01:32 AM
i got mine at the part where u have to fight captain america and or iron man just push together some barrels theres also a barrel dispenser u can just get like 5-6 of them just by pushing X and then just punch one until u see fire then let them explode hope that helps

Graves
09-17-2009, 04:01 AM
I got mine randomly by spamming Juggernaut's elbow-drop... thing

darthmushu
09-17-2009, 11:10 AM
I was doing the sium misson wanton destruction. One of the rroms has cars and barrels. Shoot a few blasts with marvel or moonstone and shit starts blowing up.

StillRobbie
09-17-2009, 12:36 PM
I will try these and see what happens. I was at the sim Wanton Destruction for hours blowing up shit and nothing happened. I tried lining barrels up in a row and everything. I am looking foward to trying it at the part when you fight iron man or cap america. I am beginning to think it is glitched. My friend and I were playing co op and he got it at Wanton Destruction with Wolverine without even trying.

StillRobbie
09-17-2009, 08:59 PM
still nothing wtf!

Djmeowmix
09-18-2009, 12:34 AM
In the Anti-Registration side, when you fight Black Widow, on the walls to your right there are a bunch of explosives that spread nicely into others. That's where I got it.

On the Pro-Registration side, the exact same mission (where you attack the bunker), there's a lot of chances to get it as well. The boat sabotage scene has a few instances.

Those are just off the top of my head. Best of luck!

jeulis0034
09-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Do Wanton Destruction but make sure when you shoot the group of barrels you shoot only one until it lights on fire. Then when it blows up the others will blow up too and you will get the chain reaction

StillRobbie
09-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Do Wanton Destruction but make sure when you shoot the group of barrels you shoot only one until it lights on fire. Then when it blows up the others will blow up too and you will get the chain reaction

negative, tried any and everthing.

Exelon
09-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Funny I got this without trying, I did it in the level where you rescue Ms Marvel, there is one big place with a lot of barrels

Steve Lucifuge
09-18-2009, 11:31 PM
I have tried numerous ways to get this and I have been unsuccessful. I have tried both the strategies listed in the guide. If anyone has any advice then please help. What exactly is suppose to happen when I do the chain reaction. Is one explosion suppose to lead to four more or what. I have been trying at the simulation where you have to destroy everything.

Haha I've seen you everywhere asking about this. I'm having the exact same problem, especially with this being the last step to getting that achievement as well. I've tried missions after missions as well as that stupid simulator (I've also got golds on all of them) and I can't for the life of me get 5 chain reactions to unlock.

I've been thinking on what could have caused the "glitch". I've noticed that all of Juggernauts fusions don't count towards the achievement for let's say 20 high scores for everything, even though the in game counter shows you have more than 20. Also I had one of my cousins unlock the 5 chain explosions before I could using a second controller.

So I have nothing to add except speculation. Either Juggernaut fucks with your game forever or it's something else. hahaha

I really hope someone figures this out cause it's driving me banana sandwich crazy.

mogwaimon
09-19-2009, 01:01 AM
I have this same issue...but I know it's not Juggernaut that triggers it, I had this game before I even got my Juggs code and I was still unable to get the chain explosion...I reported this as a bug on the official forums, waiting to see what they say

darthmushu
09-19-2009, 01:54 AM
When I did it, I was playing two player. It registered on the 2nd player account and not mine. I wonder if I sign in as the second player if it will work? but then I have to get to that point again in the game...stupid glitch. Love the game though.

jeulis0034
09-19-2009, 03:14 AM
negative, tried any and everthing.
try being ironman maybe it unlocked for me because one of his beams bounced off and blew something else up. i was surprised it unlocked, i walked in the room and fired away next thing i knew there was the chain reaction. wish i could knew exactly what happened but this is how i got it without trying

Steve Lucifuge
09-19-2009, 03:51 AM
I have this same issue...but I know it's not Juggernaut that triggers it, I had this game before I even got my Juggs code and I was still unable to get the chain explosion...I reported this as a bug on the official forums, waiting to see what they say

Wow so so much for that theory. I really hope they either tell us a way around this or patch it asap. I've tried being everyone, trust me I did all the fusions as well. Not one damn person seems to be able to get a 5 chain reaction. Then I turn on controller 2, BAM no effort unlock.

This is seriously garbage, how the flip does a game with this many holes pass testing. Fun as hell but god damn, I mean when Green Goblin is glitched in the air constantly bombing you therefor not letting you beat the boss.. there's a fucking problem. Someone should be fired, lollol

OneWolverine1
09-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Has anyone tired clearing their cache or deleting it completly off their xbox? If someone is willing to try, let me know if it works.

StillRobbie
09-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Haha I've seen you everywhere asking about this. I'm having the exact same problem, especially with this being the last step to getting that achievement as well. I've tried missions after missions as well as that stupid simulator (I've also got golds on all of them) and I can't for the life of me get 5 chain reactions to unlock.

I've been thinking on what could have caused the "glitch". I've noticed that all of Juggernauts fusions don't count towards the achievement for let's say 20 high scores for everything, even though the in game counter shows you have more than 20. Also I had one of my cousins unlock the 5 chain explosions before I could using a second controller.

So I have nothing to add except speculation. Either Juggernaut fucks with your game forever or it's something else. hahaha

I really hope someone figures this out cause it's driving me banana sandwich crazy.

Yeah dude this is BS. I have tried all kinds of ways and wasted alot of time trying to do this. I think if you are playing a game on co op and the other person gets it before you then it will glitch. Because that is what happened to me, my friend was like I just got the 5 chain reaction and I was like what! Let me try and I tried right after that for like an hour and nothing.

I have not tried clearing my cache but I will. I am not going to delete my game though because I am in the process of beating the game on Legendary.

Steve Lucifuge
09-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Haha yeah man I hear you there. I also had someone else get it before I could so that's probably the cause. Time to start a new file just to get that one achievement. GAY!

I beat it last night on Legendary to. Only need 3 more achievements to. Combat Mastery, 25 levels without revive and the boosts.

So close to finishing this game! UGH!
Time to hurry and sell it for ODST
LoL

weezking
09-19-2009, 06:44 PM
what i did to get this ach. was in the stage where you help cap fight iron man,were the first green gas cloud is there will be a barrel dispenser,dispense allot of barrels get the together by pushing them near the corner of the fence position storm and use her wind power that blows objects it should keep the barrels together if shes positioned right,and start the chain reaction,i just tested this a couple times already and everytime it created a chain explosion.

toxictaz
09-20-2009, 12:50 PM
seriously im gettin P***** off. my friend got it first try on barrel dispencer machine with storm. ive tried for hours.

plus weres the best spot for the kill robots with own grenades.

Fyrestarter00
09-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Dude, all you gotta do is go to that training where you have to destroy all the objects for the high score and there's plenty of racks of barrels, just throw one into another and you'll get it easy

Steve Lucifuge
09-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Dude, all you gotta do is go to that training where you have to destroy all the objects for the high score and there's plenty of racks of barrels, just throw one into another and you'll get it easy

haha actually for us with the "glitch" that doesn't work at all. Every single way anyone else has got it doesn't work for us, I'm pretty sure there is no way around it at this point. After trying for 5 hours or more.

Has anyone else tried to start the game over? Then see if you can unlock it that way? Will be a bitch sure but at least we can unlock the combat mastery achievement. It's one of the last ones I need so if I get it before anyone else on here I'll be sure to let you all know it works.

Crimzen dragon
09-20-2009, 09:01 PM
haha actually for us with the "glitch" that doesn't work at all. Every single way anyone else has got it doesn't work for us, I'm pretty sure there is no way around it at this point. After trying for 5 hours or more.

Has anyone else tried to start the game over? Then see if you can unlock it that way? Will be a bitch sure but at least we can unlock the combat mastery achievement. It's one of the last ones I need so if I get it before anyone else on here I'll be sure to let you all know it works. Yes, I started a new game and it works. Just make sure you DO NOT play in Co-op. I'm almost completely positive that Co-op is the main cause for this "glitch".

Steve Lucifuge
09-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Alright I just got to where you first chose to register or not. Registered and then got Wanton Destruction and went into the simulator and bam, 5 chain reaction unlocked.

So you CAN start a new game and unlock it.
Glitch fixed.
Kind of.
lol

toxictaz
09-21-2009, 04:00 AM
its offically glitched on me. i blew up 6 or more cars in sim game and nothing. i even tried having my buddy host it...

wheres a good fast load right at the beginning spot for robot grenades.

mogwaimon
09-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Alright I just got to where you first chose to register or not. Registered and then got Wanton Destruction and went into the simulator and bam, 5 chain reaction unlocked.

So you CAN start a new game and unlock it.
Glitch fixed.
Kind of.
lol

Ah, but are boosts dropping for you from bosses?When I did a new game to test, I realized when I beat Electro, Scorcher, and Wizard that their boosts weren't dropping when I beat them, resulting in me not getting them. I then checked the list of elemental boosts, cross-referenced it with my real file, and found that like all the boosts for..I think electricity on melee hits are dropped by bosses, resulting in a possible future issue in getting the 'Hits with Fire, Cold, and Electricity' part of the achievement.

Is there any other way to get that part of Combat Mastery?I personally haven't been playing MUA2 since all this happened, I was disheartened by the glitches rampant in the game. Can't believe I thought this was the second-best superhero game out yet...premature review on my part.

toxictaz
09-21-2009, 09:35 AM
i just continued over on legendary and it gave it to me in simulator.

any tips for the robots..............????????????????

Steve Lucifuge
09-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Ah, but are boosts dropping for you from bosses?When I did a new game to test, I realized when I beat Electro, Scorcher, and Wizard that their boosts weren't dropping when I beat them, resulting in me not getting them. I then checked the list of elemental boosts, cross-referenced it with my real file, and found that like all the boosts for..I think electricity on melee hits are dropped by bosses, resulting in a possible future issue in getting the 'Hits with Fire, Cold, and Electricity' part of the achievement.

Is there any other way to get that part of Combat Mastery?I personally haven't been playing MUA2 since all this happened, I was disheartened by the glitches rampant in the game. Can't believe I thought this was the second-best superhero game out yet...premature review on my part.

YES! it is possible, the way around that (I had the hits with fire, ice etc before I fought robot crazy von doom whatever) I found was to do one of Johnny Storm's Heroic Deed then I believe I found an ice one around in a level or you can do one of Ice Man's Deeds then play as Storm bam easy as pie.

Hope that helps. Even though I believe when I started again I was getting the boosts from the mosses. I was also playing on Heroic.

Phantom Morph X
09-24-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm having the same problem... I was playing Co-op, and my friend and brother-in-law both got it. I started a new game, but I hadn't had time to go past the first mission, so I haven't got the sim yet.
I'll post if it works for me or not.

Lockeyness
09-24-2009, 06:14 PM
I want to troubleshoot this problem with anyone else who either has the achievement or is having trouble getting it. If you have a completed game, invite me as the second player, then we'll jump into the Wanton Destruction sim game and see if it unlocks for Player 2.

From what I can tell, this might be an easy way around the glitch, since whenever I play Local Co-Op, the second player can easily unlock it. Using the same character and same powers at the same location, it unlocks 95% of the time as the second player, but NEVER unlocks for player one. If anyone can help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Gamertag is Lockeyness. Send me a friend request or message to team up.

darthmushu
09-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Lockey, I am going to work now. I will be on after 2am tonight, pacific time. Otherwise, Ill be home all day tomorrow. Let me know what time is good for you. GT Darthmushu

SupremeRapier
09-24-2009, 09:21 PM
I've been having trouble with this too, if anyone could help, or hit me up, I'll be on all day

Lockeyness
09-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Well, joining another player's co-op doesn't seem to work with unlocking the 5-Explosion chain. However, it seems as though it would be easier to team up with someone who is having the same bug... The host needs to load a finished save (preferably) in Wakanda and the second player loads a fresh save from a new game. (NOT New Game +, just a regular old New Game).

This will let the second player to fill up the Combat Mastery without having to progress so far into the game. Then swap roles with the second player hosting in Wakanda so that the first player can fill up theirs to get the achievement. A rather roundabout way to do it, but it seems like it would work.

Edit: Confirmed! This is an easy way to get the achievement. although time consuming to gather up all the Combat Mastery mini-achievements again, it's still faster than creating an entirely new game. Thanks to SupremeRapier for helping me with it.

The Bryceroy
09-24-2009, 11:54 PM
To the guy with the trouble blowing up robots with grenades, there is a rooftop level on Anti-Reg where a ton of little robots jump at you and a big one off in the distance, just run up to the big one and pick up his grenades and chuck em at the little guys, you get roughly 5-6 kills doing that each run through. Also, in that same level farther on, a helicopter ambushes you with more little robots, pick up the helicopters grenades and use those as well, it still counted for me.

Don't let a couple minor glitches completely change your opinion of the game guys, MUA 1 had WAY worse glitch problems than this one does, especially on the 250 DLC achievements.

Neo_HK
09-28-2009, 01:48 PM
cant get it!!!! no!!!!! arh!!!!!!!!!

Neo_HK
09-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Hey Guys!!! i just found another way to do this. i did it in the map DC: Underground Politics where u first time fight with T-Man.how i did it is use the Fusion of Human Torch and Thing .just remove all the XP pts and power pts of your character before use it(may be 3-4 power pts left). the place where u fight the boss ,it has a lot of car around you. may be u can trigger the achievement. good luck mate

Der Nacho
09-29-2009, 10:03 PM
I found an even better earlier place to do it on. And starting over onto a new game worked.

After fighting Grim Reaper in the Missing Marvel Mission (can't remember the exact level), there is a ramp where goons are throwing barrels down to prevent you from coming up. I used Storm to get rid of the goons, and behind them just inside the door on the right are 5 red barrels. Use Storm's Lightning strike right up close to it, and it should pop. To get the 20 hits with fire elec and ice, you get Frost strike somewhere in that mission, I think from beating Grim Reaper, and then do Human Torch's Heroic Deed of killing 3 baddies without a fusion (the radial power kills the robots in one hit). and equip both Hot Head and Frost Strike and hit people as Storm. Worked plenty.

Neo_HK
09-30-2009, 08:25 AM
definitely. my fd has a game finished save and try a thousand times still cant get it. but when he started a new game save, it pop up!!! SxxT!!!!!!! achievement glitched for unknown reason

when_vegans_attack
09-30-2009, 07:36 PM
In the room to the right of the terminal in the Wanton Destruction sim there are 6+ barrels next to a car - I think that's probably the easiest/fastest way to get it.

It was glitching on me at first so I tried joining another person's game and it still didn't work - I eventually loaded my game and started switching in and out between two profiles and the third time I blew up the barrels by the car it unlocked.

diseptikon
09-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Wait so what is the correct way to start a new game to get this to pop? I did a new game + on legendary so it would keep all my progress. But I havent been able to get it to pop after starting a new game. Do I need to create a brand new 100% save and if so, doesnt that mean I need to do everything over again to get every trick in the book?

Der Nacho
09-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Wait so what is the correct way to start a new game to get this to pop? I did a new game + on legendary so it would keep all my progress. But I havent been able to get it to pop after starting a new game. Do I need to create a brand new 100% save and if so, doesnt that mean I need to do everything over again to get every trick in the book?

The Melee and Power Mastery's are seperate from the Combat Mastery, so starting a new game for just that is not a big deal. Just start over on brand new game on Heroic, and you can get it as early as the Raiding the Hideout as Pro-Reg.

The last thing I needed was the grenades destroying robots. You can get that after beating Spider-Woman when they introduce the big Droids. Everytime you kill all of them, save it then re-load it. Stats will be saved and you can keep going through it.

Replay Doom's castle to get the 50 thrown foes part.

Fire, Ice, and Elec can be completed after getting Human Torch's Hot Head Heroic Deed, Finding Ice Strike after beating Grim Reaper (not 100% on this but it's somewhere in the Missing Marvel mission), equip them and start hitting people with Storm.

Melee to Power is the first thing I got, punching then using :rtbut:+ :abut:.

For hitting 5 foes with a thrown object, after fighting Shocker the first time, you get ambushed before continuing, pick up the big truck or canister with a Strong Hero, and toss into the crowd.

5 Chain explosion can be gotten right after fighting Grim Reaper (in the 1st Act, versus waiting till the 2nd Act to get Wanton Destruction). As Storm, kill the bastard throwing Barrels down the ramp, inside the doorway to the next room on the right is a pile of barrels. Get up close, use the :rtbut: + :abut:, and it should pop.

Der Nacho
09-30-2009, 09:12 PM
In the room to the right of the terminal in the Wanton Destruction sim there are 6+ barrels next to a car - I think that's probably the easiest/fastest way to get it.

It was glitching on me at first so I tried joining another person's game and it still didn't work - I eventually loaded my game and started switching in and out between two profiles and the third time I blew up the barrels by the car it unlocked.

This one is from Act 1 my friend. It popped for me.

I found an even better earlier place to do it on. And starting over onto a new game worked.

After fighting Grim Reaper in the Missing Marvel Mission (can't remember the exact level), there is a ramp where goons are throwing barrels down to prevent you from coming up. I used Storm to get rid of the goons, and behind them just inside the door on the right are 5 red barrels. Use Storm's Lightning strike right up close to it, and it should pop.

mixhong
10-04-2009, 05:58 AM
someone can tell me , shoot the barrels to explose is shoot the red one or yellow one ?

I can't get it...

Neo_HK
10-04-2009, 07:27 AM
you can do it with those red barrel. there should be 9 of them group like a square. if it still not unlock to you. may be u should start a new save. can find a friend help you do the rest.

mixhong
10-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Thx neo~~~

X Dirge X
10-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Mine Glitched i know this for a fact checked the achivement with my other controller. I would get the 5 chain pop up everytime by elbow drop with jugger on another profile in wanton destruction.

This Reafirms that i was playing Co-op online and my buddy got it before me and i could no longer get it. so as i see it that must be the glitch. who ever gets it first gets it.

So i had to start a new game and do all the combat mastery's again didnt really take me long just had to get back to Act 2 Rooftops for the robots there.

Kekvit Irae
10-08-2009, 02:44 AM
This was easy for me. I did it on my first run of NYC. In the Factory Floor level, at the very beginning after you leave the elevator, you'll come to boxes and barrels, and enemies which will try to shoot the barrels. Use Storm's wind blast power before they do and you'll get it.

Pippers
10-08-2009, 08:34 AM
I've tried switching profiles (suggested by Goblin) to no avail. My friend got this while we were in online co-op. Is there any way for me to get this without starting over completely?

Once I finish this playthrough and start my stats-carried-over legendary in single player (instead of live co-op) can I get it then?

Yannie Boy
10-09-2009, 04:51 AM
Well, add me to this list. I've tried multiple times and no give. I've even tried the sign in/out deal and nothing, maybe there was some precise steps that Goblin used...I'm not sure. I haven't tried any of the online solutions yet.

If anyone wants to give a go at the online solutions, just message me. And if anyone can give precise steps on how they unglitched the 5 chain let us all know.

I've checked the "Official" website and Activision & VV I assume are aware of it because it's all over the boards. Hopefully something happens soon.

MXR5150
10-09-2009, 04:54 AM
I got mine by accidedn with the Ragin' Cajun's X supermove. It caused 5 barrels to go off. Several guys happened to be standing near too. It was fun.

Der Nacho
10-09-2009, 05:12 PM
This one is from Act 1 my friend. It popped for me.

After fighting Grim Reaper in the Missing Marvel Mission (can't remember the exact level), there is a ramp where goons are throwing barrels down to prevent you from coming up. I used Storm to get rid of the goons, and behind them just inside the door on the right are 5 red barrels. Use Storm's Lightning strike right up close to it, and it should pop.

I swear this works. You can start a new game and unlock the achievement halfway through the 1st mission on Pro Reg. That's maybe a few hours of work.

snake42069
10-10-2009, 05:15 AM
the best way to do it is to find a pile of missiles, and use a radial attack and hope they all hit a single enemy, and poof.

Pwnzord
10-12-2009, 11:09 PM
I tried clearing the xbox cache - didn't work. Going to try a new game and see if that works.

Pwnzord
10-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Just thought I would let you guys know what I did. I eventually ended up starting a new game and may have found the actual cause of the "glitch". If you are playing multiplayer and do the 5 chain reaction, the 2nd person gets it to pop, but the first won't. Which is super freaking annoying. Ultimately playing through the game again by myself is what let me get it.

DaCameraMan
10-25-2009, 10:57 AM
I'll give it a try on the mission where you either fight captain america or iron man. Seems simple. I'll keep you all posted.

DaCameraMan
10-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Ok, I finally got it. Just check this out. I was working on defeating the bosses without reviving. All I did to achieve this was press start on controller 2 and then the back button. So the AI is playing, but the games still recognizes another player. I was on the last prison map working my way towards the bosses. Using Jeag Grey at the time pressing (RT + X) I was blowing up the flame turrets thoughout the map. On one of the floors it just popped up on my screen. I guess what happened there were a lot of things around the turret and it all blew up. I don't know how I got it really because I gave up on it. Now I got it without even trying. There is definitely some type of the glitch in the game because I tried everything else what players were saying and it didn't work. I think pressing start on controller 2 kinda, but not really, reset my stats and as I played through was registering everything I was doing. Stupid if you ask me, but I finally now have that achievement. Now I have to start over on defeating the 12 bosses, because I died on Nick Fury. Yeah, I'm pissed.

batman5273
10-29-2009, 04:10 AM
I got it by punching a yellow barrel to get it on fire and then picking it up and throwing at 4 other yellow barrels.

htown4life
11-01-2009, 02:43 PM
if i dont get this im gonna scream

Agent86
11-29-2009, 09:01 AM
This achievement is beyond glitched, but I just tried this method in a post (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2501964&postcount=9) from Vile Denial that I found in another thread and can confirm that it works. Total time is about 5 minutes.

Continue your glitched game.
Connect a second pad and press start. That player will have 0 for all the combat mastery stats.
Go to the Wanton Destruction sim mission, and use the second player to get a chain of 5 explosions.
Remove the second player in the options.
Get a chain of 5 explosions on your glitched player. It should register.Just did this myself - it really does work. I used Iron Man's Unibeam to shoot the line of red barrels between the two cars in the room to the right. Did it with the second controller first and saw the progress meter pop. Then I booted that player, hit "Exit" on the console in the center room, and chose "Replay". Went back in and shot the barrels again with my glitched profile and the progress meter popped. A few seconds after that, Achievement Unlocked. FINALLY!

htown4life
12-14-2009, 12:02 AM
i just got it since they patched the game now

Raviolicaponi
12-14-2009, 11:08 PM
I did it twice in the same spot. The part where you fight Hercules after he throws missles at you. I went in there with Thor and as soon as I entered the room I did a fusion with someone (can't remember who) that created a tornado that caused a 5 chain explosion.

BCFango
01-04-2010, 04:49 AM
In the fight with Grim Reaper I did a clearing fusion with Ms Marvel and Invisible Woman as soon as the fight started and got it.

XY Gameboi4Ever
09-11-2010, 05:37 AM
This achievement is beyond glitched, but I just tried this method in a post (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2501964&postcount=9) from Vile Denial that I found in another thread and can confirm that it works. Total time is about 5 minutes.

Just did this myself - it really does work. I used Iron Man's Unibeam to shoot the line of red barrels between the two cars in the room to the right. Did it with the second controller first and saw the progress meter pop. Then I booted that player, hit "Exit" on the console in the center room, and chose "Replay". Went back in and shot the barrels again with my glitched profile and the progress meter popped. A few seconds after that, Achievement Unlocked. FINALLY!

He's right. I didn't even fight in co-op. I had gotten trivia fusions with another profile that had already gotten the point for 5 chain reaction explosions. I tried the above method and it is a real time saver! I went to the Wanton Destruction sim and shot a Unibeam at the 9 red barrels on a pallete and it worked like a charm. After that I booted the second player and got it doing the same thing with the Human Torch's Fireball Barrage. I started a new game after that and got it with Storm's Gale Wind on the NYC: Factory Floors mission in Act 1 against the two enemies in the next room right after you start.

Why is this game so glitchy?... I don't trust my stats menu anymore. This was the only thing that messed up in my game for unlocking achievements.

The Wanton Destruction sim is the best spot in my opinion for this since you can't mess it up. You can just shoot anyone's projectile power and BINGO: you got the point. As long as you have a group of 5 or more barrels(red or yellow... I don't know about those blue ones) you can get it.

amuro98
11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Wow so so much for that theory. I really hope they either tell us a way around this or patch it asap. I've tried being everyone, trust me I did all the fusions as well. Not one damn person seems to be able to get a 5 chain reaction. Then I turn on controller 2, BAM no effort unlock.

This is seriously garbage, how the flip does a game with this many holes pass testing. Fun as hell but god damn, I mean when Green Goblin is glitched in the air constantly bombing you therefor not letting you beat the boss.. there's a fucking problem. Someone should be fired, lollol

I'm having other glitches that are preventing things from unlocking.

Speaking of glitched bosses, the first time I fought Von Bardas (all hands on deck) I defeated the last villain-in-a-sphere, but she didn't come down and remained invulnerable. I had to let the timer run out, then restarted. Oddly, the game gave me the "Completed map w/out dying" stat but NOT the "Defeated Von Bardas w/out dying" stat. I had to replay in the sim to get this.