PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion Guide

noft
09-17-2009, 06:54 AM
I made this as a step-by-step guide.

Since the area is small, I haven't included pictures. If you need pictures there are a few here courtesy of 69bigplayer69: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=175473

1. Drop down from start, one at fence on right.

2. Ladder directly in front of start point, at base of ladder.

3. Climb ladder, one directly in front of you on fence at top of ladder in front of you.

4. Turn around, climb down, turn right and hug right wall to corner. There's a motorcycle in the corner and scorpion is there. There is a monkey nearby, on the other side of a rusted plane.

5. Turn around, and you'll see the plane you started in. Go to the nose of the plane and there's 4 sinks, one is under sinks.

6. To the left of the sinks you can slide under the fence. Turn left into yellow container, go through, one at exit of container.

7. Go through green container; at exit there is a set of planks, one under planks.

8. At green exit, facing planks, turn right to see a patriotic ramp. One is under the high side of the ramp.

9. Turn right almost all the way around to see a red container. Climb it, move to the far right corner of the containers. Now you're standing on the yellow container where you exited it and found #6. In front of you are two blue containers. A scorpion is on top of the blue container that's lying flat.

10. Still standing there, look down and to the left of the slanted blue container. Through the fence you'll see a flat rock with a scorpion on it.

11. Look back towards the patriotic ramp (#8). There's a sign on the fence that says "Positively No Admittance." To the left of this fence is a pile of tires and a scorpion.

12. Facing tires with red container behind you, follow fence to the right. At the base of a wood ramp is another scorpion.

13. Past the wood ramp turn left, hop over the green "Garage" half-sign, and on the right will be a fenced off area with a scorpion.

14. Turn around and hop over green "Garage" sign again, turn left and enter small fighter-plane hangar. Scorpion is under plane.

15. Climb onto right-wing of fighter-plane in hangar. Look at nearest wall and you'll see some barrels and boxes on a shelf. Scorpion is by boxes.

16. Exit hangar heading towards blue car. Turn left and you'll be in a gas station area. On left wall is a scorpion between "LUBRICATION" and "New Cola" signs.

17. Go back to hangar exit. Look past blue car and you'll see a brown cage on the left and landing gear on the right. A scorpion walks between the cage and landing gear.

18. Turn around from 18 and you'll see a semi-truck. Scorpion is by front driver-side door.

19. Climb truck, jump over to building. Once on roof, walk to the opposite side of where you climbed up (that is, towards covered motel sign). There is a pile of tires here with a scorpion in them.

20. From last, you should see on that roof a sign that says "Cactus Motel." Go under this sign, and keep walking straight until you hit a wall. At the wall, there's some broken bricks and you can turn right and wall-run up the wall. Turn left and go past the monkey, wall-run to the other side of the gap, turn left. You'll have to jump and swing on the bars here, and after you swing on the bars you'll grab a 2x4 and hang from it. There's a scorpion where your hands are. The way I got it was by shimmying left and continuing up the building. After jumping up twice you can turn around and shoot the scorpion you saw earlier.

21. Drop all the way down and go back to where you wall-ran up at the beginning of the trek to #20. After the wall-run when you're standing again, you'll do a U-turn to pick up the monkey. At the monkey, wall-run up and climb up. Drop down left side, shimmy around, climb up. Turn around and you'll see a hanging platform. Jump to the platform and there's 3 barrels - look behind the barrel that's lying down. This one is hard to get but you kind of have to stand on the edge of the platform to see on the other side of the barrel.

22. Go back to the planks you found #7 at. Face direction opposite patriotic ramp, and you can wall-run up the grate there. Once on top, don't climb the ladder yet. Instead, facing the ladder, look down off the right side of the platform and you'll see some brown tread plate steel with a scorpion on it.

23. Go up ladder, jump backwards to crane. Near end of crane, turn left and you can jump to the top of a building (there's a monkey there). Once on the building, directly in front you is a bunch of tires and junk with a scorpion in it.

24. Turn around and there's a water tower on the roof. Climb it for the second-to-last scorpion.

25. Jump off the tower and die. You'll respawn at the beginning. Go up the ladder and do the first challenge. After completing the first challenge, a door in front of you will open and just inside on the ground is the last scorpion.

Vendetta
09-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the runthrough just got the achievement. There is one thing I would recommend putting in though. It is a pain in the ass to shoot #21. What I did was dropped down and got on the red containter looking at the suspended platform and shot it with the pistol. Just aim below the barrel that is on its side :)

Ask Fizz to put this in the guide as well. This is well written and follows everything very well. I only missed the stupid suspended one the first time as I couldn't see it hanging off the edge. Easily fixed by going to the red container and facing it then shooting the SOB!

phatmuther
09-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Yeah, 21 was a pain. Unloading the smgs got it though :)

Fiend Of War
09-17-2009, 11:36 AM
nah 21 was easy, just use the explosive crossbow

phatmuther
09-17-2009, 12:17 PM
nah 21 was easy, just use the explosive crossbow Haha, never even crossed my mind.

Never would have saw that one though if I didn't see a pic of it.

ErmacVersion1
09-17-2009, 01:40 PM
25. Jump off the tower and die. You'll respawn at the beginning. Go up the ladder and do the first challenge. After completing the first challenge, a door in front of you will open and just inside on the ground is the last scorpion. Lol. That's the one I missed? Wow, just wow. Setsuna was right. So do the scorpions carry over like the monkeys do? Does anyone know? Or can you get it during a boneyard challenge?

leogintas
09-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Lol. That's the one I missed? Wow, just wow. Setsuna was right. So do the scorpions carry over like the monkeys do? Does anyone know? Or can you get it during a boneyard challenge? Yes it does carry

And by the way nice guide i have only 5 left did all on my own and couldnt find the rest so this will help alot, thnx again ;)

ErmacVersion1
09-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Yes it does carry, and by the way nice guide i have only 5 left did all on my own and couldnt find the rest so this will help alot, thnx again ;) Sweet. Thanks for the info and thanks to the OP for making this for everyone else having trouble finding these things.

Zenquen
09-17-2009, 03:51 PM
I am at 24/25 scorpions and I know that I got a few of them while doing the crossbow challanges and after seeing this guide I remember shooting scorpions at all the locations except these, so 3 of them are ones I probably hit with a stray crossbow and one is the correct one, but I can't seem to find them, could anyone elaborate more on these specific locations?

6. To the left of the sinks you can slide under the fence. Turn left into yellow container, go through, one at exit of container.
11. Look back towards the patriotic ramp (#8). There's a sign on the fence that says "Positively No Admittance." To the left of this fence is a pile of tires and a scorpion.
12. Facing tires with red container behind you, follow fence to the right. At the base of a wood ramp is another scorpion.
23. Go up ladder, jump backwards to crane. Near end of crane, turn left and you can jump to the top of a building (there's a monkey there). Once on the building, directly in front you is a bunch of tires and junk with a scorpion in it.

noft
09-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Zenquen,
You might be missing them because they all walk around in circles a little bit.

For 6, stand in the little square area (like 6 ft x 6 ft) where the openings of the yellow and green containers are. If you wait a couple seconds you should see the scorpion walking around.

For 11, 12, just step back a few steps from the location I described and watch for a second for it to walk out into the open.

For 23 I think you might have to get close to the tires and stuff to see it - I don't think this one goes out in the open like 11 and 12.

Sci0n
09-17-2009, 04:20 PM
25. Jump off the tower and die. You'll respawn at the beginning. Go up the ladder and do the first challenge. After completing the first challenge, a door in front of you will open and just inside on the ground is the last scorpion.

ive done this but itsa the plane do that opens?

leogintas
09-17-2009, 04:31 PM
ive done this but itsa the plane do that opens?
Yes, a plane door will open and just in by the boxes on the ground scorpion is walking

Zenquen
09-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Zenquen,
You might be missing them because they all walk around in circles a little bit.

For 6, stand in the little square area (like 6 ft x 6 ft) where the openings of the yellow and green containers are. If you wait a couple seconds you should see the scorpion walking around.

I was missing #6. The "yellow container" is actually 2 containers put together. I was looking in between the two of them, but I found it crawling inside the green container after you move through both the yellow containers.

House of El
09-17-2009, 06:00 PM
nice guide helped me out alot

Midnight Malice
09-17-2009, 07:23 PM
21 was a pain to spot, but not to get. Stand on big red shipping crate.... shoot.

SHIMA 41
09-17-2009, 08:56 PM
jawesome guide. mucho thanks :)

Xaledin
09-17-2009, 10:00 PM
I totally missed the water tower and the shimmy one!

Thanks Alot! :)

SupremeRapier
09-17-2009, 11:46 PM
If you miss any scorpions during the normal gameplay you can get the rest in challenge mode without having to do the story all over again :cool:

SupremeRapier
09-18-2009, 12:08 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/wet/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-51400649&pid=942900 this guy has some good pictures of the locations of some of the scorpions, these along with this guide helped me a lot

LukeWnek
09-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Thanks a lot. Helps.

wvu76
09-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Great guide man...thanks a million.

oline57
09-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Good guide. It should be noted though for #16 the scorpion is on the wall close to the ceiling. For some reason I was looking on the ground and not the wall itself. Helped a bunch.