PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else disappointed?

jeulis0034
09-17-2009, 03:24 PM
The length of the game is about half that of MUA 1

Variety of powers is gone since you no longer can choose which ones to equip. Now that each character for the most part only has 4 powers now.

Don't get me wrong I still love the game I just feel like it lost a lot and only gained better graphics and the fusion system.

CpyNinjaKakashi
09-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Very, I beat it in less then a full day. Had I played the first one like that I wouldn't even be half way done.. very short game still fun though. However I would of liked at least another 5 or 6 hours of game play with out having to choose the other side. As for the powers i'm ok with it I suppose. The way I play I don't really use the boost and they don't really seem to have those on here so they probably have the moves that I would of picked anyway. In short, its a great game I love it but it is still very very short.

xx_0_0_xx
09-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Short but better levels

floridafan765
09-17-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm a bit disappointed in the ability/power system. i agree i liked being able to pick which powers i used and i liked have some poeple with a boost especially deadpool's Battle cry which made everyone awesome, daredevil/silver surfers slow time ability, or ironman's boost where you used a lot less energy..but thats just me

ZeroThreshold
09-17-2009, 07:26 PM
While I'd be happier if it was a little longer, I'm perfectly ok with the powers situation. All in all, I thought it was a good start for VV, if they keep the franchise.

Kirk Sadler
09-18-2009, 01:38 AM
I'm not done the game yet, but considering it is at least 3 years after the first one, I was expecting a bit more. It is still fun, but I miss the customization of the characters. More powers, having boosts was really great in MUA1. I'm sure I'll still play through this a few times to get the achievements, but I bet a year down the road I will never pick it up.

Shypsi6
09-18-2009, 02:00 AM
Was...until I used a fusion sequence featuring Storm. Then I was sold!

The presentation is amazing! Gameplay is great. Not disappointed. Just finished Act I and picked a side. Now the real work begins!

:woop:

I hope they continue with taking the plot from comic storylines and just add more characters.

Phantom Morph X
09-18-2009, 02:08 AM
I donīt know about lenght, since I promissed my brother-in-law I would make my first playthrough with him, so weīve only past the tunnels in the beggining.
So far... we donīt like the menus. And I donīt know if he just havenīt figured it out, but the lack of map while playing is anoying.
And weīre having more trouble with the camera and distance that the characters can separate then with the first one.

Graphics cool, powers cool, we donīt mind only four powers, we like that everyone shares the power up (even if itīs a bother going through the power up menu).

Voxael
09-18-2009, 10:57 AM
I am rather disappointed with the game too ... or I was until I (a) got used to the controls and (b) remembered that the first game wasn't brilliant work in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I've had a fair amount of fun with it but after I've done my Pro-Reg / Legendary difficulty play-through, this is going right back to the store for trade-in.

Daritan
09-18-2009, 01:55 PM
My biggest dissapointment with this game is simply lack of viriety in the locales. Everywhere we've gone has been a variant on a cityscape. In the first game we went to Namor's underwater kingdom, the shi'ar empire, asgaard, the underworld... each level had a distinctive look and feel to it. In this one its a different set of buildings or you are walking on different colored catwalks.

whitie07
09-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Good game, I would like it even more if there were more playable characters. Compared to ultimate alliance 1 there arent nearly enough playable characters. I would like to see some of the greats who took part in the civil war comics like Doc Strange and also have some other characters such as Blade and Ghost Rider. This game lacks characters.

BIGBAGGA
09-18-2009, 06:39 PM
I cant believe how many companys make the sequal shit. I was stoked on this for a while. The camera is so annoying , dont know why they would change it. The characters are to small (you cant zoom in like the first one). Also why would you put less characters in the game is beyond me, I thought there would be atleast double the characters. Less costumes, the menu system blows, I also agree the levels are no where near as good as MUA1. Not to mention it was classed a " PREMIUM GAME " SO i HAD TO PAY $ 70 INSTEAD OF $60 like every other game I bought.

sleepydumbdude
09-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Very disappointed in it. Bought one for a friend who was in japan because he wanted Juggernaut. Told him it sucked and he let me take it back. Just going to let him borrow my copy of the game. Its ok for one play through but I hate playing it online because of the camera.
Might put it up on craigslist for a trade or to sell after this weekend.

AOSKINS
09-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Completely agree, also the cut scenes are not up to par. I feel like this was a cash-in after the first game.

orange20
09-18-2009, 08:38 PM
im finding myself lost a lot more in this game bc of the camera angles. its hard to find doors and the no map idea blows. i do like the game but t will def be a trade in for me.

ZeroThreshold
09-18-2009, 09:55 PM
I cant believe how many companys make the sequal shit. I was stoked on this for a while. The camera is so annoying , dont know why they would change it. The characters are to small (you cant zoom in like the first one). Also why would you put less characters in the game is beyond me, I thought there would be atleast double the characters. Less costumes, the menu system blows, I also agree the levels are no where near as good as MUA1. Not to mention it was classed a " PREMIUM GAME " SO i HAD TO PAY $ 70 INSTEAD OF $60 like every other game I bought.

Just so you know, Raven made the first one (they'd also done all the X-Men Legends games like this, so they had PLENTY of experience). The last time around, VV only did the PSP and Wii versions, this time, the whole she-bang. It's not the same company.

bushmaster2000
09-18-2009, 11:52 PM
The length of the game seems shorter but it's got a better storyline to it. I couldn't really follow mua1 at all.

The camera is way too close though, i wish they put a zoom out feature in there, i dont' remember the camera being so f'd up in mua1.

Seems like a lot of play throughs though to get all the stuff unlocked . Doing all the fusion moves, leading certain teams in a map, all the kills and finding all the crap, all the trivia questions and the boosts tied to everything including challenges. It's a lot of work, this isn't an achievement wh0re title by any means.

I love the 4 player co-op mode now in the challenges and trivia though, that's pretty sick. And it's way easier to re-play parts of missions and much better tracking of what you missed/got/ need to do on each level and each character. On theo hter hand though, the menu system is pretty overwhelming at first.

Dave02
09-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Im very happy with the game. I really like it better then the 1st one.

MADasaHatter
09-19-2009, 12:39 AM
very short but good story. the ending seemed tacked on. the locales weren't as diverse as the first MA but that's cause it was "galactic scale battle" and Civil War is just as its name implies.

lemme throw out my gripes though.

1. Civil War was so cut down the middle allowing so many chars very little in the grey area. I thought it would be character specific- Pro or Anti without being able to choose the other heroes. To some that might be tedious, almost forcing you to play a second time to get all the guys you like.

But isn't that the point. Why drag people along (like Wolvy on the Pro side like I did) when I can't even unlock his costume on that side? So obviousley he shouldve been Anti.

Wouldve been better just to make him locked and force you to start over with him if you wished to take the Anti route. Make the Civil War mean something.

2. the 4 powers thing is a mistake. The whole building your own hero from the first MA was great. So many powers and it forced you to pick and choose four that you wanted to focus on according to the way you play. The way the game is now, my team was hard to beat the game with
Gambit, Deadpool, Storm .... all were played by the AI as ranged characters. I would be in a fight and they would be standing around waiting for their powers to come back.

3. The juggernaut thing was a dropped ball, either by the devs or gamespot. I have to dl a patch to play with my friend. Why not make it an update? And the co-op bugs are annoying.

4. my biggest gripe is the lack of costumes- the buildable kind from MA. three costumes per char made it all a great challenge to get em all. Missed opportunity. Plus the ones in this version aren't even good to look at. I kept a majority the way they came.

all in all, 8-10, even though all of this.