PDA

View Full Version : l Always Update

Smokez
02-03-2007, 07:28 AM
l kno my 360 is starting to die on me but i was wondering if my HD is dieing too. Everytime i play a game i have to update. Say l was playing GoW and had to download an Update, Then i start playing Top Spin 2 ill have to update it. Then when i put GoW back in i have re-update. Can someone please help me out and tell me what to door if u guys have had that problem. lm thinking about returning my 360 to Nebraska Funiture Mart when i get home Sunday Night bc its getting blurry when i play. And i kno its messing up bc we tried my dads and he looked better

KilluhKam
02-03-2007, 07:41 AM
the thing with the updates happened to me, i put in COD3, had to update, played GoW had to update played COD3 again had to update and wanted to play GoW again and had to update, for me it stopped after that so i dont know wtf was going on is it still doing it?

Smokez
02-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Its been doing it for almost a week straight. But it used to just be everytime i would switch between UNO and GoW but now its everygame

KilluhKam
02-03-2007, 07:51 AM
that is a lil weird, id call up MS and see what they say about it, i doubt game devs are comming out with patches that quick so it much be your HDD

Smokez
02-03-2007, 07:55 AM
l will cry if my Hard Drive is broken. l so many Saves on there for incomplete games. l think when i get back home ill call em

KilluhKam
02-03-2007, 08:10 AM
if you can, make a back up of them onto your computer that way when you get a new HDD you can put them all back on and still have them

Krazie
02-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Well I'm 99.99% positive that these updates arent even stored to the HDD, they're updated on the system itself, just like system updates, am i right? Because some people dont even have hard drives, so that wouldnt make much sense.

I'm not sure if game updates are handled the same as system updates tho, but if they are, then i wouldnt worry about your hard drive being the problem..

DJ Psyanyde
02-03-2007, 09:44 AM
the individual title updates are stored on the flash memory inside your console depending on the game and the size of its update you normally have room for about 10 games title updates i am guessing that the gow update is fairly large and that is what is causing you to reupdate so frequently

razzleson
02-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Well I'm 99.99% positive that these updates aren't even stored to the HDD, they're updated on the system itself, just like system updates, am i right? Because some people don't even have hard drives, so that wouldn't make much sense.

I'm not sure if game updates are handled the same as system updates tho, but if they are, then i wouldn't worry about your hard drive being the problem..
Updates are saved on your MU (memory unit) that's why they tell you to clear the HDD cache to use glitches (like Oblivion's infinite money etc). That's why you can't access the marketplace w/o a memory unit because the system updates HAVE to be stored (using either a memory card or a HDD) Well, I don't think you can access the Marketplace w.o a membership, I thoght only Sivler/Gold members could? And for that you need a MU to save your Live account.

If anything, I'd say borrow/buy a memory card and transfer your saves just to be safe. $30 in my opinion is well worth hours and hours of gaming (think of what you get paid x number of hours you've spent on those games)

Although, I have noticed an uprise of game updating in the last couple weeks.

Im a Manatee
02-03-2007, 08:25 PM
No, it's on the reserved partition of the harddrive, smokez. The 20 GB hard drive is 20 gigs. Only 14 is available because theres the emulator, updates, patches, registry, and Xbox harddrive emulation.

Smokez
02-03-2007, 11:57 PM
So Then it is or it isnt My Hard Drive.

l Have Updated 4 Times Today with 3 games :(

nny138
02-05-2007, 07:12 AM
yeah theyre definetly saved to your unit, along with alot of other misc. system stuff. id imagine thats what the mysterious missing 7GB's is reserved for.