PDA

View Full Version : MW2 Console - Update for UK

VladimirK
09-18-2009, 05:24 PM
www.game.co.uk (http://www.game.co.uk) was just updated and wanted to share it.

Modern Warfare 2 Super Elite Console (Xbox 360)

http://img.game.co.uk/ml/3/4/3/5/343544ps_500h.jpg
Modern Warfare 2 Super Elite Console (Xbox 360)

Release Date: 10/11/2009
New - 249.99
Despatched in time for delivery on release day.

Here's the link for you if you want it. (http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/Console/%7Er343544/Xbox-360-Elite-Modern-Warfare-2-Pack-with-250GB-Hard-Drive/?s=Modern%20Warfare%202%20Super%20Elite%20Console)

Seems like a pretty good deal imo considering I thought it would be about 300. :)

aka NatWest
09-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Awesome, was waiting for this to be updated, def going to preorder...even though I have an Elite to then sell lol

Pearson
09-19-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm really thinking about picking this up here in the States. I think it looks pretty sweet, I'm just wondering what system Microsoft used, the Elite or the Arcade.

Ben Sharpe
09-19-2009, 01:27 AM
I'm really thinking about picking this up here in the States. I think it looks pretty sweet, I'm just wondering what system Microsoft used, the Elite or the Arcade.

Why would it matter? They are identical apart from the casing and the hard-drive, both of which are different on this anyway.

Pearson
09-19-2009, 01:38 AM
Why would it matter? They are identical apart from the casing and the hard-drive, both of which are different on this anyway.
I was just wondering, I don't really care which system they used and the Arcade has the internal 256MB memory chip in it as well.

VladimirK
09-19-2009, 08:32 AM

Btw, I'm sure that I seen somewhere that the Arcade is actually slightly weaker than the Pro and Elite consoles.

The Pro and Elite were the same except for the colour, HDD and HDMI socket until a while ago.

aka NatWest
09-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Btw, I'm sure that I seen somewhere that the Arcade is actually slightly weaker than the Pro and Elite consoles.

The Pro and Elite were the same except for the colour, HDD and HDMI socket until a while ago.
It's wierd that I heard the US (and maybe EU) don't get a HDMI cable with theirs, but GAME in the UK are selling it with one :/

ITD Soldierboy
09-19-2009, 07:37 PM
It's wierd that I heard the US (and maybe EU) don't get a HDMI cable with theirs, but GAME in the UK are selling it with one :/

In this model? It might just be a misidentification.

aka NatWest
09-19-2009, 07:46 PM
In this model? It might just be a misidentification.
Xbox 360 HDMI cable. New to Xbox 360, HDMI allows consumers to get HD video (up to 1080p) and multichannel surround sound, all from one cable.
This is from the GAME website

Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable Maximize your Xbox 360 picture quality on standard-definition televisions using this S-Video connection for a noticeable image improvement over traditional composite connecters.
And this is from GameStop

So I guess we'll see. I can't check the EU specs as I can't find anywhere in Europe to preorder :/

ITD Soldierboy
09-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Xbox 360 HDMI cable. New to Xbox 360,

Its not new to the 360. It must be an old description, since they've been selling the HDMI cable with the Elites when they launched.

I guess we will see, but my bet is either Game or Gamestop is wrong in their descriptions.

aka NatWest
09-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Its not new to the 360. It must be an old description, since they've been selling the HDMI cable with the Elites when they launched.

I guess we will see, but my bet is either Game or Gamestop is wrong in their descriptions.
Would be quite sad if it didn't have HDMI, but then again I could just use the HDMI from my Elite and stick my Elite on Ebay without it, or if they are relatively cheap, buy a new one :/

Kaspanova
09-19-2009, 09:16 PM
i cant find it on game. got a link?

aka NatWest
09-19-2009, 11:47 PM
i cant find it on game. got a link?
http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/Console/~r343544/Xbox-360-Elite-Modern-Warfare-2-Pack-with-250GB-Hard-Drive/

This should be it

aka NatWest
09-19-2009, 11:53 PM
I also found this description on GAME:
Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 branded Super Elite console. The console is equipped with a premium black finish complete with Modern Warfare 2 branding and three powerful core processors capable of producing the best in HD entertainment (up to 1080p), 16:9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound, HDMI output and DVD playback with upscaling capabilities right out of the box.

Ben Sharpe
09-20-2009, 12:08 AM

They couldn't be. What way would that be good for MS to do, it wouldn't run some games etc. The arcade is the exact same except for the stuff in the box (cables, HDDs etc.)

And The HDMI thing, from now on no 360 comes with HD cables, be it component or HDMi, all they come with is the composite lead now (even the Elite) and AFAIK the MW2 console is no different, maybe game sells the lead with the console instead.

VladimirK
09-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Would be quite sad if it didn't have HDMI, but then again I could just use the HDMI from my Elite and stick my Elite on Ebay without it, or if they are relatively cheap, buy a new one :/

Yeah, you can get one for 2 in Tesco one of my friends was telling me.

Pearson
09-20-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm still on the fence about getting it, because the rumors about a re-designed more beefier 360 that is supposed to sport 8 Cores (2 Quad Core Processor's) integrated with Natal that MS is to announce at next year's GDC just isn't dying. I know never to rely on speculation, but MS has done nothing to quell these rumors this time around. So who knows one way or the other if it's true and if is great, if not, I'll still have my Elite that has been serving me well for almost 2 years now.

aka NatWest
09-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Yeah, you can get one for 2 in Tesco one of my friends was telling me.
Wow that's pretty neat, might pick one up as a spare one just incase...can never hurt I guess. Thanks for the heads up.

!xobile
09-20-2009, 09:08 PM
thts a really gd price for this bundle unlike the halo edition which was same price as the elite and didnt even include halo 3

Pearson
09-21-2009, 12:52 AM
thts a really gd price for this bundle unlike the halo edition which was same price as the elite and didnt even include halo 3
It's even better than the RE5 bundle, which only came with a 120GB HDD and it was plain red with no RE5 graphic on it whatsoever. My brother who bought it was upset when he seen this. I think the Forza 3 bundle is just a plain console as well.

HJO1403
09-21-2009, 03:37 PM
on the pictures it shows the game with it...

does the game come in the bundle because on game it doesn't say so??

aka NatWest
09-21-2009, 03:38 PM
on the pictures it shows the game with it...

does the game come in the bundle because on game it doesn't say so??
Yeah just the normal edition though

HJO1403
09-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah just the normal edition though

Buzzin
haha!

cheers dude

aka NatWest
09-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Buzzin
haha!

cheers dude
Good deal eh? You getting one?

HJO1403
09-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Good deal eh? You getting one?

of course, rand my girlfriend up from work got her to pre order for me lol

aka NatWest
09-21-2009, 03:52 PM
of course, rand my girlfriend up from work got her to pre order for me lol
Lol I'm getting one too, my boyfriend doesn't play Xbox so hopefully I can shift my old Elite on warranty :P

HJO1403
09-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Lol I'm getting one too, my boyfriend doesn't play Xbox so hopefully I can shift my old Elite on warranty :P

lol
im gunna get rid of my Xbox premium for this if not ill just have 2 xbox's haha

!xobile
09-21-2009, 09:15 PM
It's even better than the RE5 bundle, which only came with a 120GB HDD and it was plain red with no RE5 graphic on it whatsoever. My brother who bought it was upset when he seen this. I think the Forza 3 bundle is just a plain console as well.

dude, the halo one, only got 20gb hard drive, which isnt going to last me any longer since i already to delete stuff that i dl and wont use again. also forza will have 250gb hard drive with it so still be decent, might also include other stuff, i dno

aka NatWest
09-21-2009, 09:17 PM
dude, the halo one, only got 20gb hard drive, which isnt going to last me any longer since i already to delete stuff that i dl and wont use again
You could just upgrade the HDD?