PDA

View Full Version : Juggernaut screw job..... wont happen to Halo 3: ODST

ShaggyB
09-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Just got off the phone with Gamestop.... Halo3 ODST pre-order bonus is a card with code on it. You get it with the game (possibly at a midnight launch if you have one happening near you.)

No sign up online this time. (guy made it sound like he had a bunch in hand)

mcnichoj
09-19-2009, 01:09 AM
They've been having the games in stock and when I picked up Marvel 2 I saw a stack of the Sgt. codes.

tmeadows34
09-19-2009, 02:15 AM
talk about a rip off I pre-ordered the game over a month ago I picked it up today and the gave me the vip card. I go to the site only to see all codes have been issued! that is total bull s#it. I feel cheated I tried to call GS but they are closed now, so I sent a complaint email. I really wish I hadn't opened my game, I would have returned it and taken my busness elsewhere. I wont pre order there again!:mad:

MCurley
09-19-2009, 03:20 AM
talk about a rip off I pre-ordered the game over a month ago I picked it up today and the gave me the vip card. I go to the site only to see all codes have been issued! that is total bull s#it. I feel cheated I tried to call GS but they are closed now, so I sent a complaint email. I really wish I hadn't opened my game, I would have returned it and taken my busness elsewhere. I wont pre order there again!:mad:

You got screwed by everyone putting in fake codes, not GameStop.

WarBound Priest
09-19-2009, 05:26 AM
I was pissed about GameStop messing up my pre-order. But about the whole way you get your pre-order goodies go by the Devs and companies not GameStop. I work at GameStop. It sucks lol. Don't do trade ins.

xXxDArKtOrNxXx
09-19-2009, 05:53 AM
I was pissed about GameStop messing up my pre-order. But about the whole way you get your pre-order goodies go by the Devs and companies not GameStop. I work at GameStop. It sucks lol. Don't do trade ins.
yea how do those work? like i dont get how they get how much money you get back

MCurley
09-19-2009, 06:13 AM
yea how do those work? like i dont get how they get how much money you get back

The computer is updated daily with trade in prices based on popularity, age, inventory, and other figures. So when you bring in your copy of Madden 09 that everyone else has already brought in and no one wants the computer gives you a lower value.

xXxDArKtOrNxXx
09-19-2009, 06:15 AM
ok i see and do you know if they are recalling GH5

tmeadows34
09-19-2009, 04:21 PM
in my opinion since the data is stored with thin MS marketplace they should do right by everyone and just offer it up as a free download to gold members. There are at least 8 threads of people who got screwed on the official MS forums.

and inref to your GH5 ? I wouldn't think they would have to recall it they should be able to just patch the game.

ZeroThreshold
09-19-2009, 04:30 PM
in my opinion since the data is stored with thin MS marketplace they should do right by everyone and just offer it up as a free download to gold members. There are at least 8 threads of people who got screwed on the official MS forums.

and inref to your GH5 ? I wouldn't think they would have to recall it they should be able to just patch the game.

I think they need to start using cards with actual Microsoft download codes (like the ones you put in), not this input receipt code nonsense. Or at the very least, tighten the security up, so jerk-offs throwing numbers in aren't rewarded.

I remember when everyone and their brother got the Halo armor in Fable 2. Which made me wonder what the hell I bothered pre-ordering for.

Freshmaker
09-20-2009, 04:38 AM
Gamestop is just in General a horrible place to pre-order, they lie to you, cheat you out of pre-orders, steal your pre-order money if your too late on picking it up, they are just all around bad, I had to go to different retailers just to find one selectable enough, now usually I hit up Game Crazy, luckily it hasn't happened to me yet, my advice try other retailers and see what they offer, plus pay attention to the way they speak to you it might just help

linus614
09-22-2009, 06:13 AM
funny thing is, you guys are complaining about a pre-order code(the juggs code for those who didn't pre-order halo odst have a reason to complain) now for those of you did pre-order halo odst heres a few things THAT you should be complaining about.

1. the game it self is only 2 to 5 hours long (5 being on legendary)
2. halo odst was ment to be a game add-on for halo 3
3. the game it self was orignially priced 20 dollars when it was announced, microsoft raised the price to 60 because they felt you guys would pay for it, and unless you got a french copy of the game that you downloaded hate to say it but you are getting screwed, and screwed hard.

personally i can care less about halo but thats besides the point here. now juggernaut will be in the dlc pack that they have been talking about. yes getting cool gifts with your games is a nice incentive to pre-order but the whole point of a pre-order is to get your game. if you want to talk about rip-offs game crazy pre-order gift was the unlock code for thor, so just be happy gamestop did atleast try and with no fault of their own screw you over. oh no you had to go to a website and register then they sent you your code uh-oh. come on seriously now. took me a whole 2 minuets to register.

also with how popular the halo franchise is what makes you think every one who pre-ordered there game is going to get a card anyways? then you also have to put in to account how many people will really pick up there pre-order, now with that said that can help a few people get the code but the numbers are just too big. aswell you know damn well a few people who didnt pre-order the game will also get the left over codes aswell. also you need to put into account how many of you folks on here pre-ordered the game a week to a few days days before the game came out? that also effects the numbers aswell. pre-order gifts are a first come first serve. i feel bad for the folks who have to wait a week or 2 to pick up there copy because of bills and what not but seriously, thats also the good thing about pre-orders is being able to pay off the game aswell or atleast a good chunk of it.

i personally like what gamestop is doing with left 4 dead 2. you pre-order the game and they put a extra 5 dollars towards to it. to me thats a better deal then a extra character. hell look at batman arkham asylum, you know by the years end the pre-order content aswell as the ps3 "exclusive" content will be on the marketplace. so if you dont get it just be patient. it will happen sooner then you think.

Mongolian Beef
09-22-2009, 07:41 AM
So who screwed up? Bungie, Microsoft, or GameStop?

You know what would work? If they made it free for everyone. ;)

NeoChibi
09-23-2009, 05:32 PM
I got a Jugg code yesterday after waiting like a week and a half after I bitched to Gamestop with an email they gave me a code so if anyone wants it just PM me.

Vendetta
09-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Gamestop is just in General a horrible place to pre-order, they lie to you, cheat you out of pre-orders, steal your pre-order money if your too late on picking it up, they are just all around bad, I had to go to different retailers just to find one selectable enough, now usually I hit up Game Crazy, luckily it hasn't happened to me yet, my advice try other retailers and see what they offer, plus pay attention to the way they speak to you it might just help

Gamecrazy makes me want to vomit. They have workers that are stupider than most of the ones that work at gamestop. Gamecrazy will never get my money for games. Every gamestop I have frequented for pre-orders (during college and while at home) has been nothing short of fantastic.