PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed! 402 says "NO" to multiplayer Achievements!

pX I Atticus
09-19-2009, 12:04 AM
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/hands-on-with-modern-warfare-2s-multiplayer/1685/

THANK GOD!!!!!

My Gamertag is Papa Skull
09-19-2009, 12:05 AM
That's a bummer. I was always hoping for achievements for multiplayer for ranking. Like getting a new prestige is like 75G each. I wish they did that for CoD4. :(

Are they all going to be singleplayer then? Pretty lame, in my opinion.

pX I Atticus
09-19-2009, 12:11 AM
That's a bummer. I was always hoping for achievements for multiplayer for ranking. Like getting a new prestige is like 75G each. I wish they did that for CoD4. :(

well watch all the video and u will find out that u get stuff in MP for doin prestige! and u get something special at 10th

neil_lien
09-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Bit late :)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=176057

My Gamertag is Papa Skull
09-19-2009, 12:44 AM
well watch all the video and u will find out that u get stuff in MP for doin prestige! and u get something special at 10th

I know, but I thought that it would be sweet if each prestige was 100:gsicon:
each or something like that. I would play that game till' my hands fell off. :p

Unit2015
09-19-2009, 12:45 AM
Yeah that does stink. But the bright side is you dont have to have live to boost your gamescore and get all the acheivments for it.

pX I Atticus
09-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Bit late :)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=176057

BALLS my bad im usually not that slow lmao oh well

:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked

Coadster1
09-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Thank you!!!!

D3sTr0y3r HD
09-19-2009, 02:33 AM
I watched the video, and he is right. Multiplayer achievements would just lead to a bunch of people boosting and then they would just be pointless. Look at other big multiplayer games like gears or halo. Halo people boosted and gears people glitch the achievements entirely. I think that the challenges and the prestige mode make up for no multi achievements.

DaCameraMan
09-19-2009, 07:52 AM
Great! Well, this should make the game more interesting. Instead of players jumping straight to multiplayer, if they want the achievements they'll have to play the campaign. The story should be hot. I like the first Modern Warfare.

aka NatWest
09-19-2009, 10:29 AM

I agree. I feel that while singleplayer is fun - it's short, repetitive and gets to feel like more of a grind when you have to go for all singleplayer achievements...

TpYourHouse
09-19-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm glad, mp achieves are cool and make the game worth playing, but when you go into a lobby where everyone is focusing on getting achievements rather than playing the game it just ruins gameplay.

Outline
09-19-2009, 02:00 PM
This was confirmed at least a year ago.

Those of you that actually take interest in IW's beliefs within games will be aware of how they simply don't agree with MP achievements. I've been 100% MW2 wouldn't have online achievements since it was announced.

aka NatWest
09-19-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm glad, mp achieves are cool and make the game worth playing, but when you go into a lobby where everyone is focusing on getting achievements rather than playing the game it just ruins gameplay.
I prefer online achievements that just flow naturally whilst playing the game -ie for certain kill streaks or headshots

pittsburqe
09-19-2009, 03:41 PM
that sucks....... ;(

Guitarr Steve
09-19-2009, 04:00 PM
This was confirmed at least a year ago.

Those of you that actually take interest in IW's beliefs within games will be aware of how they simply don't agree with MP achievements. I've been 100% MW2 wouldn't have online achievements since it was announced.
You're a beast.

Anyway, this actually kind of sucks, because I was hoping it would have MP achievements. I just wish they wouldn't be stupid though like CoD3's, and more like challenges in CoD4 MP.

aka NatWest
09-19-2009, 04:48 PM
I think I would have liked to have seen some achievements similar to Battlefield:BC where there were for completing challenges, knife kills, etc, as well as some new ones :/ pity, I only really see CoD as an online game and have never really got into the singleplayer all that much - especially on Veteran due to the grenade spamming and distant checkpoints...

ITD Soldierboy
09-19-2009, 07:33 PM
He also says 'Never say never'. So there you have it, until the achievements are finalized, we won't know if there will be achievements that are Multi-player.

aka NatWest
09-19-2009, 07:47 PM
He also says 'Never say never'. So there you have it, until the achievements are finalized, we won't know if there will be achievements that are Multi-player.
Oh I'm still hoping that there are atleast a few :/ Slim chance though...

Outline
09-19-2009, 09:05 PM
I think even the 0G's in WaW were a bad idea :/

And look at CoD3's online

ArticHaze
09-19-2009, 09:43 PM
The multiplayer is that good it doesn't need achievements online to keep you playing.

Pearson
09-19-2009, 10:26 PM
I think even the 0G's in WaW were a bad idea :/

And look at CoD3's online
I think that if IW put in MP achievements, it'd be something like Treyarch did, putting in 0 point achievements. Achievements that don't really mean anything.

Magicman10893
09-20-2009, 02:02 AM
I personally am glad. If they did stuff like "Reach Level 70" for like 30 or 50 points, it wouldn't be that bad. But other stuff would ruin it.

Look at Bad Company. So many people would team kill for a helicopter, then just fly it as high as possible and dive out of it for an achievement. That shit ruined the game because then your team was out a helicopter for a few minutes, which put the WHOLE team at a disadvantage. And I can't tell you how many times I see someone camping at the enemy base on the roof or in some hidden away location right on top of the enemy gold crates so that he can have 20 squadmates spawn on him for that ridiculous achievement.

Halo 3 had people boosting constantly. The one for getting a Prefection left EVERY one on my team hiding in the back of the map trying to pick people off with a Battle Rifle. Stuff like that ruined online. The Mongoose Mowdown achievement had people using a Mongoose in Lone Wolves. Nobody EVER uses Mongooses in Free For All unless they have a friend with them to ride shotgun since the driver is completely defenseless. But people were using for a 5 point achievement.

Outline
09-20-2009, 02:00 PM
I think that if IW put in MP achievements, it'd be something like Treyarch did, putting in 0 point achievements. Achievements that don't really mean anything.

Even the 0G's created more boosting than I'm friendly with.

DRCL
09-20-2009, 02:26 PM
All I got to say about this is to the OP, he doesn't confirm that there are no achievements..
He just simply states he doesn't like them, but they haven't completed the achievement list anyways, so it could still happen..

antnie
09-20-2009, 03:05 PM
I am sort of happy that there are no multiplayer achievements, but I also wish there were some too.

Teh BeZ
09-20-2009, 03:12 PM
COD would be on the of they few games where i think MP achievments would be a good thing :P

Genesis x360a
09-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Hopefully there's no MP achievements but there's light at the end of the tunnel seeing as 402 doesn't like them.

aka NatWest
09-20-2009, 03:45 PM
COD would be on the of they few games where i think MP achievments would be a good thing :P
I agree, other games such as Kane and Lynch just shouldn't include any lol but I don't think many people would boost achievements in CoD as long as they were fun to get...

AlmightySparow
09-21-2009, 10:49 AM
this is good ive completed all the cods on veteran and have the achievments for them and some where bloody hard rewards for being a good player are more worthwile than time and boosting ones

aka NatWest
09-21-2009, 11:00 AM
this is good ive completed all the cods on veteran and have the achievments for them and some where bloody hard rewards for being a good player are more worthwile than time and boosting ones
So everyone who has online achievements boosts?

velho lobodomar
09-21-2009, 03:25 PM
thank God i was really hoping for that!

KillTheft_Echo
09-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Already knew this.... but anyways:
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Thank the good Lord BABY JESUS!
... and Chuck Norris.

MastyrChief
09-21-2009, 05:46 PM
YES!!! I'm so glad they don't have multiplayer achievement, they annoy me to no end. Halo 3(Two for One) anyone? Really excited for this game, hope it's as good as the hype.

lip splitter
09-21-2009, 09:25 PM
I do wish they had mutiplayer achievements. I know several people who played COD4 and WAW that have not even played the campain but went right to multiplayer. I like the single player but I do not buy the game for that. If this whole game was just about the single player it would be a rental worthy game at that but with the multiplayer making the game then some achievements should be for that. I am not saying any crazy 100,000 kills or 20 knives in a row without getting shot but naturaul flowing ones like first knife kill,get one kill with all weapons, unlock the first prestige, call in your first gunship,etc...

All online games will have boosting no matter what you do. People will boost day one just to hit the 10th prestige first and good for them! Let them, I will play the game at my own pace and how I like. Just my 25 cents to feed the meter

aka NatWest
09-21-2009, 09:27 PM
I do wish they had mutiplayer achievements. I know several people who played COD4 and WAW that have not even played the campain but went right to multiplayer. I like the single player but I do not buy the game for that. If this whole game was just about the single player it would be a rental worthy game at that but with the multiplayer making the game then some achievements should be for that. I am not saying any crazy 100,000 kills or 20 knives in a row without getting shot but naturaul flowing ones like first knife kill,get one kill with all weapons, unlock the first prestige, call in your first gunship,etc...

All online games will have boosting no matter what you do. People will boost day one just to hit the 10th prestige first and good for them! Let them, I will play the game at my own pace and how I like. Just my 25 cents to feed the meter
Exactly, if the achievements weren't overly difficult, but more fun, then less people would feel the need to boost.

Zomaarch
09-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Hooray for no Online achievements, in certain cases their fine but when you need to boost there's no point to having them, and when they force you to grind online their even worse.

Cheers to IW for another single player list that will test your ability to survive through the veteran modes. Cheers!