PDA

View Full Version : Simulator Strategies + Medal Requirements Guide

linkin10362
09-19-2009, 05:14 AM
I will go over how to do each mission and give some stats for each of them.
For all of the mission that I say to use Goblin's Glider Trick, make sure that you are as close to ground as possible without touching it. This will make sure that you hit all the enemies with your bullets. I also like to move around and not stay still. Jean Grey (A character I never payed any attention too) has now become awesome in my eyes after xx_0_0_xx suggested one of her moves. Anything I said use Goblin in you can also use Jean in by using her :rtbut:+:xbut: attack while flying. Try to do as many missions as possible on Heroic or Super Heroic before moving onto Legendary as some missions become very tough once you hit Level 60.

Thanks to Dlark17, we now have a new stategy that you can use to get the gold achievement. First, go on your save with a friend and get as many golds as you can. Then once you can't get anymore, go to your friend's save and do some golds on there and you should get the achievement. Say for example you have 11 on your save and just can't do Breakout, well go on your friend's save and do one of the missions he hasn't got a gold in yet and you will get the achievement.

Basic Training
Objective:Hone your skills.
Medal Requirements and Rewards:
Bronze-25000 250 XP
Silver-50000 New Boost: Battle Tested
Gold 100000 New Boost: Diluted

This one should be simple to people, just at the beginning go over all the Melee and Grapple moves, then move onto the blocks, and finish off with fusions. Just remember if you're stuck, the objective shows up the bottom of the screen.

My Recommended Team: Wolverine, Captain America, Spider-Man, and Iron Man (for the fusions)

Heavy Metal
Objective:Train against challenging foes.
Bronze-25000 New Boost: Brain Trust
Silver-50000 1000 XP
Gold-100000 New Boost: Personal Space

In this challenge, there will be 10 stations that will each activate a robot. The way I finished this was activating all 10 robots and then make then all get into a big group and do the Green Goblin Glider Trick (double tap :ybut: to make him glide and then spam the machine guns by pressing :abut:). This takes them out quickly and if you run out of energy, just land and refill. Once you defeat all 10 robots, just activate all 10 again and continue until you are over 100000 points (should take about 4-5 runthroughs of robots) Try to do this before going to Legendary

My Recommended Team: Jean Grey, Green Goblin, Thor, and any other

Alt tip from xx_0_0_xx
Heavy Metal - much easier when you choose Jean Grey, activate all robots, double :ybut: to fly, wait for the group of robots, now :rtbut:+:xbut: (every robot take 500 dmg). I recommended boosts: 100% stamina, 9+ to refill

Heavier Metal
Objective:Train against challenging foes without fusion.
Bronze-25000 3000 XP
Silver-50000 6000 XP
Gold-100000 New Boost: Momentum II

This is the same as the last challenge expect now you can't use fusions. Once again, just use the Green Goblin Glider Trick and you should be able to do this without any trouble, well maybe a few hits here and there,but nothing major.
Try to do this before going to Legendary

My Recommended Team: Jean Grey, Green Goblin, Thor, and any other

How Are De Ducks?
Objective:Locate the objects of interest.
Bronze-25000 3000 Ability Points
Silver-50000 4500 Ability Points
Gold-100000 New Boost: Fire Strike II

The objective of interest in this challenge is...well...ducks. You will start on a big crate stack that move across the whole room (it's not that big so don't worry) and have to destroy the crates with the ducks in them. Off the bat, you should be able to tell that there are some boxes that don't belong in the stack, those are the ones that have the ducks in them. Once you start you have 25 seconds to destroy all 20 ducks crate, easy right? Well the answer is yes, at first is seems challenging,but I found a trick. I used Thor on this level and right at the start just spammed his :rtbut:+:abut: attack whenever I saw one of those small boxes. You get one second back after each box you destroy, and once I was finished I had 14 seconds left to stare at a wall. You can also use Jean's :rtbut:+:xbut: attack as that seems to work just as well.

My Recommended Team: Thor, Jean Grey, Green Goblin, and any other

Wanton Destruction
Objective: Destroy everything before time runs out.
Bronze-25000 1000 Ability points
Silver-50000 New Boost: Boxer
Gold-100000 5000 Ability Points

Okay, so you have 5 rooms that all have destroyable objects in them and you just have to wreak as much as you can in 3:30. I used Mr. Goblin for this once again for his Glider Trick. In the room that you start it, leave all the Doom statues for now and head to the left. Shoot all the barrels you can find in the room and then throw pumpkin bombs at big stacks of boxes, then run out. Head to the next room on to left once you get out and shoot the ammo stack or whatever when you go in. Once inside, shoot the very big ammo stack in the middle,then the small one behind it and then the truck to your right. Once all the stacks go boom, throw pumpkin bombs at the box stacks on each side of the room and then head out again. Head to the next left again for the next room. Shoot the barrels, cars, and everything else in this room and watch them all explode, making sure to throw a pumpkin bomb set at the boxes to the right of the enterance if nothing destroys them. Leave once more and head to the left again for the final room, which will have boxes, forklifts, and bins with barrels in them. Shoot the bins first and get those out of the way and then destroy the boxes and forklifts with the pumpkins bombs. Leave the room and finally destroy all the Doom statues and you should have enough points to clear the stage.

My Recommended Team: Green Goblin, Jean Grey, and any other two

Adrenaline Rush
Objective: Defeat your foes to gain more time
Bronze-20000 1000 Ability Points
Silver-40000 2500 Ability Points
Gold-80000 5000 Ability Points

Okay for this, you just have to kill as many enemies as you can and gain more and more time as you do so. I would say try to use a team that you are used to, but you should try to have Goblin and Thor in there because of their cheap attacks. Anyway, after making your team and starting, just begin to kill. Some enemies will drop score mutipliers which are very helpful, so use them up as well as the health drops of you need them as well. This is a challenge that depends on your skill and not any stategy (at least for me, that is)

My Recommended Team: Green Goblin, Thor, Jean Grey, and Wolverine

linkin10362
09-19-2009, 05:14 AM
Adrenaline Surge
Objective: Deafeat your foes to gain more time (no Powers).
Bronze-17500 1000 Ability Points
Silver-35000 2500 Ability Points
Gold-70000 5000 Ability Points

Okay this is the same as Adrenaline Rush, expect the whole "no powers" thing. I wouls say for this, equip the following three boosts: Strike True III, Destructive IV, and Reserves IV (even though I was just pointed out that this boost does nothing in here) as they helped me out during this. Now pick a team that you are used to or use one that has good melee (Hulk, Thing, etc.) and just do what you did in the first challenge beside using powers.

My Recommended Team: Wolverine, Daredevil, and any other two

My Recommended Boosts: Critical Pain IV, Striker IV, and Destructive IV

Countdown
Objective: Defeat your foes to restore your health.
Bronze-20000 250 XP
Silver-40000 1000 XP
Gold-80000 New Boost: Brawn Trade

This is also the same as Adrenaline Rush, expect now you are fighting enemies to restore your health and not to get more time. This felt the same to me as Adrenaline, so just use the same strategy as you did there and if it worked there, it should work here for you as well.

My Recommended Team: Green Goblin, Thor, Jean Grey, and any other

Search and Destroy
Objective: Locate concealed opponents and defeat them.
Bronze-25000 3000 XP
Silver-50000 6000 XP
Gold-100000 New Boost: Slow, Steady

No, not the Call of Duty Gametype...haha get it? *cough* Anyway, for this challenge, you have to go around a big warehouse I guess you can call it and search for enemies that are hidden in containers and boxes. First of all, I once again used the Glider Trick and Pumpkin Bombs for this (I love Goblin if you didnt already know). Search the ground first, don't worry about the boxes that are all stacked on the tops of the map as many of them don't have robots in them, so get the boxes on the ground first and look out for containers that will also have robots in them. To see if a container has anyone in it, just get close. If a robot group pops out, you have a winner. If nothing does, leave. Once you are done with the floor, you might have over 100000 or close to it, so just search the top parts after that until you have enough for the gold.

My Recommended Team: Jean Grey, Green Goblin, and any other two

linkin10362
09-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Command
Objective: Capture and hold territory.
Bronze-25000 250 XP
Silver-50000 1000 XP
Gold-100000 2500 XP

Okay this one is a brand new challenge in which you have to go to territories that the arrow :rs: tells you to and defend them from the enemies that follow. Now at first when I tried this, I always left the territory after getting to it and went to defeat the enemies, turned out that this isn't what I was to be doing. In order to get a GOLD on this,you will not only have to fight the enemies,but you will also have to stay IN the territory to get bonus points. I'm not sure if it just means don't go pass the sand bags or you have to stay in the glowing part completely, but anyway you defend a place for 30 seconds and then leave for the next one and you have to do this 9 times in the challenge. If you don't reach a territory on time, then it will reset and you will have to go to another one and I think you get some point loss, but once you get the hang of it, you should be able to beat this easy.

My Recommended Team: Human Torch and any other three
I have found that the best way to do this challenge is choose the Human Torch and then just stand in the middle of the territory ad block. That's it and once the time runs out for the territory you are in,just fly to the next and continue to block everything. All of your team may die (all of mine sure did),but Johnny will be safe because not only can they not hurt you with melee, they also can't hurt you with grenades and bombs as Torch is resistant to those. I got 116,700 just running around and blocking the entire time,so it should work for you as well

Pinned
Objective: Protect your teammates
Bronze-22500 3000 Ability Points
Silver-45000 4000 Ability Points
Gold-90000 New Boost: Mob Rule

Okay this is also a new challenge that I find fun. Once you start, you will notice 4 White Star officers are allied with you and you have to defend them against the S.H.I.E.L.D agents that come to attack them. For this, use a team that you are experienced with. Just always be with the 4 officers and make sure that they take as little damage as possible. The enemies will go from not armed,armed, grenades, rockets, robots, giant robots, and then crazy time. Try to shield the officers with your own body as well, it might take health, but it will all be worth it once you get that gold.

My Recommended Team: Goblin, Deadpool, Thor, and Gambit

Breakout
Objective: Locate and free your allies.
Bronze-20000 1000 Ability Points
Silver-40000 New Boost: Play To Win
Gold-80000 5000 Ability Points

Ah Breakout, my favorite challenge *sarcasm*. This will either be the hardest challenge for you or just normal. I have yet to finish it, but I did get far enough to only need one more prisoner for a gold. In this you are in a prison and must save prisoners that are in there by going to the cell they are located in, and they leading them back to the beginning of the challenge. As you save more and more of them, many robots will begin to spawn and you will have to be more careful or else you will be caught and the mission will end. There will also be mines that you will have to watch out for and make sure the prisoner doesn't step on or else the mission will end. You can tell a robot is coming by the red light that it shines in front of it, so stay away from those. You can always knock a robot out for a few seconds by hitting it with a attack from behind, so if there is a robot that is ever in your way and you need to move quick, just hit it with a attack and move on(or use a ranged attack like Iron Man's :rtbut:+:abut:attack). You can also hide inside the cells as well, robots don't check in these (at least I think they don't). After practice (or luck) you should be able to finish this and get the gold.

My Recommended team: Human Torch, Storm, Deadpool,and Ms. Marvel.
Human Torch and Storm both have flying as well as a attack that will help to take out robots around corners, Storm's :rtbut:+:abut: and Human Torch's :rtbut:+:xbut: attacks. Deapool is useful as he can use his teleporting to move passed corridors that have robots. Say you are running to the exit and a robot is to your right looking right where you need to go and then another robot is behind you and you need to leave quick, just use Deapool's teleport (double tap :ybut:) and he will move pass the corridor without alerting the robot that was looking at it. Ms. Marvel can fly as well and her :rtbut:+:xbut: attack helps for long range robots.

DeZmonD88's Stategy for Breakout
1. Use Green Goblin, I never knew i would love a freak so much. Get on the glider and use the A attack against enemies along long corridors as it has infinite range. Use his RT+Y power, it stuns enemies in horizontal pattern, so it works well behind walls and around corners.

2. Use Jean Grey. Her RT+X power works well to stun enemies behind walls while her RT+B power serves very well to hold enemies in place for a very long time. NOTE: RT+B holds roaming robots in place, they DO NOT however prevent sentry robots from turning (I found out the hard way at 74k).

3. Perhaps the most important tip is: ATTACK, ATTACk and ATTACK somemore. Attacking and stunning robots gives you some points, I'd estimate it's 100-200 per attack. On a few occassions, I had 3 to 4 robots lined up and I used Green Goblin's RT+Y power continuously on them and switched to Jean Grey's RT+X power when GG's Stamina was low. It got around 7k from just spamming attacks on robots. After realising that I could "exploit" this, I started to be more aggressive; of my 81k towards the gold, I'd estimate that 15k-20k was from purely attacking robots.

darthmushu
09-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Well, Im going to try your goblin trick on a couple of these and see how they go. Thanks for the info either way.

xx_0_0_xx
09-19-2009, 07:54 AM
*Legendary diff*

Heavy Metal - much easyer when you choose Jean Grey, activate all robots, double :ybut: to fly, wait for the group of robots, now :ltbut:+:xbut: (every robot take 500 dmg). I recommended boosts: 100% stamine, 9+ to refill

Adrenaline Surge (no PWR) - Wolverine and Daredevil in team with boost: 55% crt dmg, +20 strike and melee attack

ddrlenz
09-19-2009, 10:01 AM
I can't seem to get Goblin to hit the enemies on his glider. Can anyone offer me advice on how to accomplish this/what height to be at?

th3warr1or
09-19-2009, 11:23 AM
How does Reserves IV help for Adrenaline Surge? It adds 100% stamina. Powers are useless.

ZeroThreshold
09-19-2009, 03:34 PM
*Legendary diff*

Heavy Metal - much easyer when you choose Jean Grey, activate all robots, double :ybut: to fly, wait for the group of robots, now :ltbut:+:xbut: (every robot take 500 dmg). I recommended boosts: 100% stamine, 9+ to refill

Adrenaline Surge (no PWR) - Wolverine and Daredevil in team with boost: 55% crt dmg, +20 strike and melee attack

I'll confirm that Jean Grey and her :ltbut:+:xbut: move is a BEAST. I used her (and it) for damn near every mission.

A Satyr
09-19-2009, 04:53 PM
For the robots in the prison sim you can shoot them from a distance with ranged attacks to stun them

BillyKlyde
09-19-2009, 06:32 PM
I'll confirm that Jean Grey and her :ltbut:+:xbut: move is a BEAST. I used her (and it) for damn near every mission.

I'm a little confused. the LT activates the fusion. Do you mean her RT+X attack?

linkin10362
09-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Okay I changed a bit of the info following what you guys all said. Thank you to xx_0_0_xx for showing me Jean's awesome ways (don't worry, I gave credit). I WOULD make some video walkthroughs,but my camera and tv don't go well together.

aXenaFan
09-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Jean Grey RT+X is also good for the Ducks level

Horwitz
09-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Are there any boosts anyone would reccomend to add to the characters on Adrenaline Rush?

Edit: I just finished it. The best thing to do as everyone has said is to use Jean Grey and crank her RT+X move as much as you can. Then use Wade's 2nd Fav, Power Up II, and the Infinity Formula boosts. I was able to get 1200 pts by the end.

linkin10362
09-20-2009, 02:48 AM
Yeah, I had almost the same setup while doing it, expect I used Wade's Fav instead of 2nd Fav.

I might add a Recommended Medal pretty soon as well

DeZmonD88
09-20-2009, 05:18 AM
Just got Gold for Breakout, after getting 75k+ almost ten times. Some tips:

1. Use Green Goblin, I never knew i would love a freak so much. Get on the glider and use the A attack against enemies along long corridors as it has infinite range. Use his RT+Y power, it stuns enemies in horizontal pattern, so it works well behind walls and around corners.

2. Use Jean Grey. Her RT+X power works well to stun enemies behind walls while her RT+B power serves very well to hold enemies in place for a very long time. NOTE: RT+B holds roaming robots in place, they DO NOT however prevent sentry robots from turning (I found out the hard way at 74k).

3. Perhaps the most important tip is: ATTACK, ATTACk and ATTACK somemore. Attacking and stunning robots gives you some points, I'd estimate it's 100-200 per attack. On a few occassions, I had 3 to 4 robots lined up and I used Green Goblin's RT+Y power continuously on them and switched to Jean Grey's RT+X power when GG's Stamina was low. It got around 7k from just spamming attacks on robots. After realising that I could "exploit" this, I started to be more aggressive; of my 81k towards the gold, I'd estimate that 15k-20k was from purely attacking robots.

Hope this helps people who are getting frustrated with this.

ufc fan andy
09-20-2009, 05:36 AM
hey just curious do the enemies level up according to your level or would it be easier to max my guys levels and the enemies on easy will be 1 hit dead?

Horwitz
09-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Just got Gold for Breakout, after getting 75k+ almost ten times. Some tips:

Hope this helps people who are getting frustrated with this.

Dude that did it for me! Thank you!!! I however did things a little differently. I first rushed a bunch of prisoners using Jean Grey and built up time til I had about 6 mins and a little more than 50,000 pts. Then I just locked myself in a cell never left and just kept spamming Goblin's RT+Y and Jean's RT+B. There were at least 2 robots outside and I did it straight for 6 minutes. Next thing I knew I had 90,000pts and my last gold medal! Thanks again!

DeZmonD88
09-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Np dude, it definitely is more efficient to rush, take risks early on and then milk points off robots later when there are so many of them walking around.

BearsAirz
09-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Excellent guide man

MrFresh
09-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Wanton Destruction

STORM RT+B will make your life easier. 2nd try by myself and got it! with 30 secs to spare.

after 6-7 time with Hulk and the juggernaut...never got close.

linkin10362
09-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Added DeZmonD88's stategy to the Breakout section of the guide, thanks for the helpful tips

Isaccard
09-21-2009, 03:49 AM
Apprently difficulty affects the sim missions because I cannot pass the heavy metal and adrenaline missions. I started the sims on Legendary. D; I don't wanna go back, play through the game AGAIN or normal to get this achievement.. argh.

AnonymousFriend
09-21-2009, 04:01 AM
For Breakout it should be noted that the gusrd do not see anyone but the player controlled character (three CPU controlled allies and the captive were right in front and not spotted) and only if they are in the line of sight, the red light, and pretty close at that. You can Metal Gear your way through this challenge.

You can also use your allies to detinate the mines and keep moving as it does not set off the enemies.

The only problem I ran into was that if I moved too far ahead then the captive would stop moving and sometimes they would get stuck walking into a door way.

I did get careless and it took me a couple of tries. But in my winning run, I only hit two guards and only because they were taking to long to turn around, so I walked around the corner and hit them.

linkin10362
09-21-2009, 04:02 AM
Issacard: Are you at level 60 yet because if this difficulty thing is true,then that might help. BTW, I have started to experiment with Boost to see what works best with each challenge,so I have started to update Recommended Boost. More to come tomorrow

xx_0_0_xx
09-21-2009, 05:14 AM
Breakout is very easy. Im got Gold in first run :). Use right stick to find way prisoner. Im used flying hero - Storm, JG, Iron, etc

King_Jackalope
09-21-2009, 06:13 AM
I can't seem to get Goblin to hit the enemies on his glider. Can anyone offer me advice on how to accomplish this/what height to be at?

I hear you. Heavy Metal ones are kicking my @$$ and the Adrenaline Rush/Surge aren't my friends either. I don't know whats up my goblin hits nothing. The JG trick doesn't really work for me either. Both of them get taken down fast when I try to use them. I keep trying but have a feeling I'm missing something using these characters. I stay low to ground and aim in the direction and it seems like the shots just whizz right past them and then 10 grenades hurl my way and they hit me despite me moving.

Gonna keep trying though. It sounds like a good strat and when he does hit the health goes down pretty fast.

Isaccard
09-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Issacard: Are you at level 60 yet because if this difficulty thing is true,then that might help. BTW, I have started to experiment with Boost to see what works best with each challenge,so I have started to update Recommended Boost. More to come tomorrow

I am level sixity. And still they seem to be kicking my ass.

asdf123
09-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Can anyone give any specific/alternate advice on how to get adrenaline surge, only one im missing and i can barely get silver, really really hard, please help

linkin10362
09-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Are you using the three boost I recommended because those helped me through it.

King_Jackalope
09-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Are you using the three boost I recommended because those helped me through it.

I'm using the characters and boosts you recommend. The 2 Heavy Metals and 2 Adrenaline missions are just pissing me off at this point. The are the only 4 that I still only have silver on. The other 8 NP gold. I just don't get what I'm missing here. My characters are level 60 and its taking me forever to get through 1 round of the 10 robots. By the time I'm done with the first wave I only have like 2 minutes left. I can't see tearing through them 4-5 times. Seems like it takes about 15 seconds just to run through all 10 terminals activating them. That leaves only about 35-40 seconds to kill all 10 of them. I just can't see how this is possible to go through 4/5 rounds of robots.

If hold still and aim into the crowd 6-7 grenades fling my way and explode. If I fly though them the glider always hits something that makes me land and then they have their way with me and I feel like Jodie Foster in the Accused. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Right now I'm not even try to do the Adrenaline missions I'm just trying to get through the first Heavy Metal one. I figure once I do that with this method then the Heavier Metal should be easy to do as well. Then I can work on the Adrenaline ones.

linkin10362
09-22-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm using the characters and boosts you recommend. The 2 Heavy Metals and 2 Adrenaline missions are just pissing me off at this point. The are the only 4 that I still only have silver on. The other 8 NP gold. I just don't get what I'm missing here. My characters are level 60 and its taking me forever to get through 1 round of the 10 robots. By the time I'm done with the first wave I only have like 2 minutes left. I can't see tearing through them 4-5 times. Seems like it takes about 15 seconds just to run through all 10 terminals activating them. That leaves only about 35-40 seconds to kill all 10 of them. I just can't see how this is possible to go through 4/5 rounds of robots.

If hold still and aim into the crowd 6-7 grenades fling my way and explode. If I fly though them the glider always hits something that makes me land and then they have their way with me and I feel like Jodie Foster in the Accused. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Right now I'm not even try to do the Adrenaline missions I'm just trying to get through the first Heavy Metal one. I figure once I do that with this method then the Heavier Metal should be easy to do as well. Then I can work on the Adrenaline ones.

Tell you what, add me and I'll help you out tomorrow as I have stuff to do today so I can't go online right now

ddrlenz
09-22-2009, 12:31 AM
Do you guys recommend completing the sim missions on Heroic (which Im on) or proceed to Legendary?

Isaccard
09-22-2009, 12:31 AM
I went back to a previous save to get the achievement. But the legend tips are much appreciated.

To others, It's highly recommended to do the sim missions your first time through no matter what difficulty you're on.

ddrlenz
09-22-2009, 02:29 AM
Ugh. I hate Breakout. I cannot get this completed for the life of me.

leau
09-22-2009, 05:25 AM
Quick Question:

I know this has kind of been addressed, but when is the best time to tackle these? As soon as you pick up the required sim disk in a stage, or at the end of the game when you're mopping up before beating the last boss, and all leveled up with plenty of boosts, powers etc?

The only reason I ask is that those of you who played the first will remember that these scaled in difficulty along with your level. So if you waited until the end of the game, some of the simulator missions could have gotten frightfully difficult, especially since they were tied to specific characters (many of whom quickly fall behind in usefulness). I suppose it's less of a problem here since your aren't forced to use losers like Blade, but still, any general observations would be greatly appreciated.

ddrlenz
09-22-2009, 04:51 PM
About how many prisoners are required to gold on Breakout?

linkin10362
09-22-2009, 08:03 PM
About how many prisoners are required to gold on Breakout?

I would say about 17 for me plus all the points I got for owning robots

linkin10362
09-23-2009, 03:24 AM
Okay,after trying to help out King_Jackalope I have realized that the diificult does increase on the challenges once you go to Legendary and also once you hit Level 60,so make sure you take out most of the combat based ones before moving on from Heroic or Super Heroic.

King_Jackalope
09-23-2009, 04:25 AM
so, has anyone actually done the 2 heavy metals on Legendary level? linkin10362 and I tried to do one tonight and we got 67k but still very short of the 100k needed to gold the the level. These are the only two that I need to complete and can't even come close it seems. I really don't want to restart the game and do it on heroic but its looking like that might be what has to happen. Any advice help would be great. Thanks. And yes, my characters are level 60.

SupremeRapier
09-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Storm OWNS Breakout! twice the range of jean, I beat this easily after I found that out :D

Dlark17
09-23-2009, 09:30 PM
EXPLOIT!
Just found this while trying to get the sim missions with a friend. I'm betting it'll be cleaned up by the time this game patches again, but here's what I found.

I was playing over LIVE with another x360a member, and we first tried to run through the few sim missions I didn't have gold on my save file. I was at about 7/8 Gold metals by this point, and we were able to grab me another two, I believe. Then we said "F- this, let's go do Trivia". That went a bit awry, but the point is we ended up on his save file by the end of it. So we loaded up his sim missions and went back to add some golds to his record.
I got the achievement for 12 Gold Metals, while playing on his account, on missions I had already gotten Gold in on my save file!

Moral of the story? Go grab a XBL buddy, find at least 6 sim missions you can easily do with a partner, then play them once on each player's save file. I'm betting you could even cut this to 3 missions, if you had a full force of players and save files.

Just thought I'd let the public know. :D

linkin10362
09-23-2009, 09:58 PM
EXPLOIT!
Just found this while trying to get the sim missions with a friend. I'm betting it'll be cleaned up by the time this game patches again, but here's what I found.

I was playing over LIVE with another x360a member, and we first tried to run through the few sim missions I didn't have gold on my save file. I was at about 7/8 Gold metals by this point, and we were able to grab me another two, I believe. Then we said "F- this, let's go do Trivia". That went a bit awry, but the point is we ended up on his save file by the end of it. So we loaded up his sim missions and went back to add some golds to his record.
I got the achievement for 12 Gold Metals, while playing on his account, on missions I had already gotten Gold in on my save file!

Moral of the story? Go grab a XBL buddy, find at least 6 sim missions you can easily do with a partner, then play them once on each player's save file. I'm betting you could even cut this to 3 missions, if you had a full force of players and save files.

Nice Info, I will add this to the guide.

Dlark17
09-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Yay! I helped out on a guide for my first time! Go me! lol

linkin10362
09-24-2009, 10:33 PM
To all the people that I said I would help out, it seem I might not be able to. Earlier when I tried to play Marvel, it kept showing unreadable, so I will have to go and buy a new one and I don't really know how long that will be in.

ddrlenz
09-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Sweet find, Dlark. I have 9 gold medals...so would anyone want to team up with me on XBL and help me get the last 3 golds in any mission? I'll offer a free hug!

MrFresh
09-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks to Dlark17, we now have a new stategy that you can use to get the gold achievement. First, go on your save with a friend and get as many golds as you can. Then once you can't get anymore, go to your friend's save and do some golds on there and you should get the achievement. Say for example you have 11 on your save and just can't do Breakout, well go on your friend's save and do one of the missions he hasn't got a gold in yet and you will get the achievement.

are F**king serious...ive been pounding on thick skull cuz i had 10 gold medals on my stats but my simluator would say i had 12 on everything i though i was screw! will try this out!!!saved me

ac2565
09-25-2009, 06:51 PM
For Adrenaline Surge I used Deadpool, Nick Fury, Jean Grey and Green Goblin. Just do the Stun Combo(A,B,B) until you get gold. Oh and use Nick Fury and Deadpool's fusion as soon as you can.
^Using Deadpool I got gold on Adrenaline Surge my first try.

Adrenaline Rush is similar but instead kill enemies by using Nick Fury's dash move.

Shattuck
09-25-2009, 07:51 PM
While the new trick is pretty cool, there is still a problem. If you want the achievement for getting all team boosts you are still going to have to finish all the sims on your own at some point.

For whoever was asking about Heavy / Heavier Metal on Legendary, I just finished them both. You really need a co-op parter though or it is literally impossible, because the computer-controlled heroes do like 3 damage per attack for some reason. For Heavy Metal I used Jean Grey and my partner used Ms Marvel. Jean can fly all the way up and spam her X attack, for some reason it still hits all enemies below here unlike almost every other hero's attacks. Ms. Marvel can just spam her beam attack as it goes through multiple enemies and deal a lot of damage. Thor also works as a secondary char, using his Y attack in the air. Make sure you turn on all the robots at once and try to get them to group up.

I found Heavier Metal much easier. You get about 20 less seconds, but the robots are worth twice as much and you still only need 100k points. For this I used Thor and spammed his B attack, killed each robot in a couple seconds with Ms. Marvel spamming beams as backup. Don't power up all the robots at once for this one, I usually did 3-5 at a time so I didn't get overwhelmed, and focus on one at a time.

The only one I need left is Breakout, and it is absolutely the worst gaming experience I have ever encountered. A really, really shitty MGS rip-off is the last thing I want in an action RPG.

OmegaFlip
09-27-2009, 12:22 PM
awesome guide. thanx!

breakout was kinda annoying. tho i did follow dezmon88's guide towards the exploit on the robot guards, it worked very well

OmegaFlip
09-28-2009, 03:34 AM
Oh yeah

I used Nick Fury's Plasma Volley(RT+Y) on most of the mission especially Heavy Metal Heavier Metal (reached 10k with a min left)Compare to Jean Grey's Maxed RT+X the highest dmg is 650. And since Nick Fury can fly too this would be pretty easy to achieve.

I Maxed Nick Fury's Plasma Volley and used Power Up III, IV and Powerful Boost. I'm inflicting 800-950dmg multiple times lets say to a single enemy. it's pretty devasting on a large group of enemy. its quick and easy.

i'm running my 2nd play through and nick fury's plasma volley wipes out everything and quick damage against bosses. should be no problem getting the 'Immortal Heroics'

PrivateRyan
09-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey guys, just started doing the sim missions last night... I didn't realise being level 60 on Legendary would up the difficulty (though it does make sense, I guess) but here's some stuff that might help you out:

Heavier Metal and Adrenaline Rush: I pretty much exclusively used Thor's RT+B attack for these. When he was out of stamina, I'd switch to Songbird, blitz through her RT+A attack, then switch back to Thor. The other two characters don't matter really, as you should only be using those two. Collect the points multipliers when they drop too.

One thing that does help out is blocking cancelling moves. So blitz the crap out of Thor's RT+B attack until you see the robot wind up for an attack - press RT+B, and as soon as your attack connects, press towards the robot and LB to cancel the rest of the attack and roll past him. If you get hit, you normally fall over, which costs a few seconds getting back up plus you miss out on two or three attacks you would have otherwise connected. You don't really need to block cancel for Adrenaline Rush though.

Just as a general note, you can cancel all special attacks this way, it makes it easier to use the more impractical but fun moves in the campaign like Green Goblins' RT+Y move (though I only ever do that because I like hearing the laugh!)

I'm still figuring out Heavy Metal on level 60/Legendary though, it seems that killing enough robots is a big problem. For some reason it's a lot harder than Heavier Metal.

Adrenaline Rush (No Powers): My team was Deadpool, Mr Fantastic, Wolverine and Daredevil. I used Deadpool as my main because his melee attacks are quick and he has teleport. The reason teleport is important is you want to take out the rocket launcher/grenade guys as soon as possible, so teleport over there, take them out, then run back into the fray (don't teleport back as the enemies usually catch up with you by this point and you usually teleport past them by mistake). If the enemy starts blocking, then a quick B (charge it down) attack opens them up again. If your energy dips low and you have no heal items, switch to Mr Fantastic, the AI is pretty good at looking after itself.

when_vegans_attack
09-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Ok, I didn't do sims on my Heroic playthrough - I'm on legendary with 60+ characters and have gotten Gold on every mission except Adrenaline Rush with no powers. I don't really understand this - all of the other sims, even on legendary, were rather easy for me (Thor is a beast.) I beat them all on either my first or second try - solo. Yet, for some reason, I simply cannot get Adrenaline Rush with no powers - I've gotten pretty close with over 62k. My team has been Thor, Hulk, Thing and Wolverine with the Boxer boost, +55% crit dmg boost, and the +25% health boost (sometimes I switcehd this with the +Health for every melee hit or Wade's Fav.) If I don't have the health boosts my team easily dies, If I drop the Dmg. boosts the highest I can get is 50k... I run into problems because once I hit them then the giant group of enemies just stands there blocking - and then the grenades/rockets keep knocking me over. If I was going to attempt any sim on heroic before legendary I should've chosen this one. I just don't know why I easily got gold on all the other sims my first or second try on legendary - this one has taken me 15+.

I'm going to drop Thor and put in Daredevil - see how that helps. I'm also going to experiment with more Boost combinations. I might just invite a friend over as it's probably alot easier than it is trying it solo...

Shattuck
09-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Remember that even though you don't have powers, you do have fusions. I brought Venom because he has a faster average attack speed than most, Thor, Hulk, and Thing so I got the Bruiser team bonus, then brought 2 boosts increasing physical damage and the boost that gives 200% more fusion when using trip, stun, or pop-up attacks. Use venom and do nothing but trip combos, then run up and hit them while they are on the ground, should kill them quickly and keep your timer up. Grab any bonuses you see and save up your fusions for big groups, each fusion should give you almost a minute more time. I did it on Legendary at Level 60 as well and it was a breeze. Grab another person and have them do trip combos too and make it even faster.

Subion
09-29-2009, 08:10 PM
I finaly manage to beat Adrenaline Surge with no powers after trying 40-50 times with differnet teams/boosts/tips. It took me 3 tries to do it my way. But I will warn you in advance that it will take some practice to pull off.

I used the Fantastic 4 (Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Invisible Woman, and Human Torch). Right off the bat they recieve +35% Fusion Gain. I then added the boosts Striker IV (+20% to strike, improving melee dmg.) Destructive IV (+20% damage to melee attacks) and Overload 2 (200% more fusion on trip, stun, pop-ups). When you start play as Mr. Fantastic and only use trip (A B A) and take people out as they lay on the ground. It is important to get the Fusion meter up as many times as possible. The reason for using Mr. F is he has a longer reach then anyone I could find and he was doing the most damage the fastest for the team. Take out Grenaiders and Rocket troops as soon as you notice them since they are the most pain I ran into. If Mr. F gets damaged badly switch to Torch and continue with him till you can get Mr. F health filled then switch back. When ever you get a fusion and the enemies are scattered or just alot on the field use the Thing and Invisible Woman in a fusion and hold down A and try to take down as many people as possible (at least hit 15 to get a med kit). It is important to keep all 4 players alive. Always try to use the multipliers x3 when you are in a big group or mostly when using the fusion because it helps alot. Use X2 whenever you can. Once I hit 20 seconds remaining I had 71000 so I switched to torch and just blocked so I wouldn't get a team KO. He does not get affected by rockets or grenades while blocking. If he starts loosing health from grabs or anything else just use a med kit and hold out till time runs out. At the end I had 74600 points.

Good luck.

neeker75
09-29-2009, 11:38 PM
I confirm that Nick Fury's RT+Y absolutely worked for Heavy Metal and Heavier Metal. Activate all 10 bots of both, YY to fly, and then spam RT+Y. Rinse and repeat. I've the 100% Stam boost on and there's no danger of dying or stamina drying up. It's easier on Heavier Metal because you've a 2X token throughout, but it's definitely manageable on Heavy Metal as well. For Heavy Metal, don't even bother chasing loose bots. Each time you clear a batch, quickly activate a few more robots and continue spamming that move.

God I'm glad these two were over.

PS: I'm playing on Legendary and all characters at Level 60.

when_vegans_attack
09-30-2009, 07:56 PM
I beat ADrenaline Rush with no powers the first time I tried again.

It was incredibly easy - I used two +20% melee boosts and the +25% strike boost. My team was Wolverine, Thing, Hulk and Daredevil - I played as Daredevil. He attacks so fast - plus he kills most enemies in 1-2 hits - I also noticed that it's a bit easier to kill enemies on the ground with him than the other characters. For instance, another major problem I was having with Hulk, Thing, etc was that whenever an enemy near them fell over (even if it was to the side or behind) they would start doing their stomp attack (to kill enemies on the ground) even though the enemy in front of them was still standing up - not to mention the fact that they would stomp and miss 80% of the time. Daredevil's radius for his ground attack was much smaller and his attack (in the shape of a V) made it much easier to kill grounded enemies and standing enemies alike.

dudley
09-30-2009, 10:31 PM
one hint for you guys....

in heavy metal level a great character to use is songbird...

her Rt+A attack is reallly powerful against ther robots...she can kill them really fast, by flying, making the attack and then activate another machine...
she doesnt need to refill the mana, so it can be really easy....

i've given to my group the wade's favorite boost, the +100% stamina and the +20% power attack to make all more easier...

neeker75
09-30-2009, 11:58 PM
This was how I did Adrenalin Surge: Deadpool, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Captain America/ Daredevil for the +5 strike. Equip highest strike and melee boosts, and the boost that builds fusions faster when you do stun/ trip combo. Use Deadpool to keep doing stun/ trip. Switch to Wolverine when health is low to help Deadpool regen. Use fusion only when there's a large group. Always use Deadpool + Iron Fist - it kills much faster than the "speed up" he does with the other characters.

dab198
10-01-2009, 01:22 AM
Awesome suggestion neeker, got gold first attempt with that setup. I'd only been getting up to 50k-ish using other strategies posted so far. That bonus +5 to strike from that grouping definitely helps. Just Breakout left now :/

neeker75
10-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey Dale you're here too! :)

I'm done with the sims. Breakout was my last one too but it was quite easy if you follow the tips posted here. I used the Green Goblin/ Jean Grey trick and it worked like a charm. I got 60K+ with 6 minutes left, hid in a room and started spamming Jean's RT+B. A cluster of of enemies are outside and I'm earning 600-800 points each time I use that move. And since you'll have to wait a couple of seconds for the bots to stand up again before you can use it, your stamina will regen while you wait = no down time to using the power.

Now, if only that 5-chain explosion will actually pop...

crabjuice
10-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Jean Grey is all you need. except for the adrenaline w/o powers and capping circles. Finished all sims legendary at level 60 first time. Use methods in OP with Jean Grey

metallicoholic
10-04-2009, 12:54 AM
While the new trick is pretty cool, there is still a problem. If you want the achievement for getting all team boosts you are still going to have to finish all the sims on your own at some point.

Not true. I got my 200 Boosts achievement last night having only done 3 Gold medals. Keep in mind that all the Heroic deeds count as boosts as well, plus you get a different boost for beating a boss on Legendary than for beating that same boss on any other difficulty. I forgot about the fact that I went through my Anti-Reg storyline on Normal, so last night I beat all the bosses again on Legendary, did some Heroic deeds (that sounds so noble of me) and got the 200 boosts without having to touch any of the difficult simulator challenges. I'd go so far as to say you don't have to do any simulator challenges to get the 200 boosts.

I discovered another little tip that might be useful, though it's for the simulator challenge Pinned, which no one seems to have a problem with. I failed it the first time because one of my teammates died during the last 30 seconds, but this time I had Iron Fist on my team and as it turns out, his healing ability (Y special move) heals EVERYBODY on the team, including the four guys you're trying to protect. One of my troops was blinking red, I switched to Iron Fist, healed him, then switched back to someone else to kill everyone, then when the final 20 seconds or so hit, I switched to Iron Fist again and just healed everyone until the time ran out. I kept all four guys alive and got the gold.

nateeasy
10-05-2009, 05:26 PM
I just got gold on all the simulator missions solo on legendary. I finished my second playthru before I attempted them. Being on level 60 helped a lot.

The best tip for Heavy metal and Heavier metal is use Thor. I didn't even bother with fusions because they took to much time. Thors special attacks are superior.

And for Adrenaline Surge use Wolverine, Deadpool, Hulk and Thing. Once you build up a Fusion use Wolverine plus Deadpool. Their guided fusion worked great. I got around 25000 with one fusion. Try to grab a multiplier before starting the fusion for extra points.

JediErzengel
10-07-2009, 01:29 AM
I just beat my final simulator. Adrenaline Surge on Legendary.

Used Wolverine, Daredevil, Iron Fist and Deadpool.

And the following boosts:

Striker IV (Raises striking by 20%)
Destructive IV (Raises Melees by 20%)
Momentum II (100% more Fusion on Destruction)

I primarily used Deadpool to use his teleport to go straight after the people with rifles or missiles. And just kept working on one person at a time.

I used fusion with Wolverine at least twice and then with like 15 - 20 seconds to spare I was at 70k.

Teth Amon
10-10-2009, 10:28 AM
EXPLOIT!

Has anyone else tried this...I can't seem to make it work. I have gold on all mission except breakout and based on this post I assumed I would just have to play one level with a coop buddy to get the achievement.

I am confused as to how this works. Should my coop buddy host?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:drunk

guthmund
10-10-2009, 11:51 PM
so, has anyone actually done the 2 heavy metals on Legendary level? linkin10362 and I tried to do one tonight and we got 67k but still very short of the 100k needed to gold the the level. These are the only two that I need to complete and can't even come close it seems. I really don't want to restart the game and do it on heroic but its looking like that might be what has to happen. Any advice help would be great. Thanks. And yes, my characters are level 60.

Yes. I tried using Jean Grey as was suggested, but I couldn't get that to work, so, I modified it a bit. I used Nick Fury instead and it worked great.

I took Wolverine, Deadpool and Thor along with Nick Fury. Not that it matters, Fury is all you'll need.

I equipped boosts that would keep me from running out of focus and then started hitting switches.

Just like with Jean, once they start gathering, hit Y twice to fly and then start spamming Fury's RT+Y to kill everything. As the crowd thins, fly away and start hitting switches again to replenish their numbers. Fly up and start spamming again.

For both missions, I managed to get gold and still have about a minute left on the clock.

StaticVito
10-14-2009, 10:15 AM

It was incredibly easy - I used two +20% melee boosts and the +25% strike boost. My team was Wolverine, Thing, Hulk and Daredevil - I played as Daredevil. He attacks so fast - plus he kills most enemies in 1-2 hits - I also noticed that it's a bit easier to kill enemies on the ground with him than the other characters. For instance, another major problem I was having with Hulk, Thing, etc was that whenever an enemy near them fell over (even if it was to the side or behind) they would start doing their stomp attack (to kill enemies on the ground) even though the enemy in front of them was still standing up - not to mention the fact that they would stomp and miss 80% of the time. Daredevil's radius for his ground attack was much smaller and his attack (in the shape of a V) made it much easier to kill grounded enemies and standing enemies alike.

This was the best solution IMO of how to beat adrenaline surge. 1 Try after 5 tries with others, and it was done.

I used wade's fav, Destructive 4, and Striker 4 boosts. Daredevil is an amazing melee fighter in this game!! (Wade's fav is after beating Legendary) I think it's +8 to all attributes?

surfrock66
10-18-2009, 07:53 PM
You guys have Breakout all wrong. You need Human Torch, Songbird, Iron Man, and Iceman. Equip the boosts Run Speed II (12% speed increase), Reserves IV (100% stamina) and Focused IV (+9 focus for faster stamina refill).

Use Songbird and her X attack to fly around and pick up prisoners, get to about 40000 points with maybe 3 or 4 minutes left, then just sit near the exit with human torch and shoot his A attack straight through the level. His fireballs count as 100 points EACH HIT, so with one drain of his stamina bar I was getting 6000-8000 points. Switch to Iron Man or Iceman, use their projectile attack for a bit, then switch back. I EASILY got 115,000 with all 60 level characters, you'll nail this first try.

bplayak
10-19-2009, 05:32 AM
You guys have Breakout all wrong. You need Human Torch, Songbird, Iron Man, and Iceman. Equip the boosts Run Speed II (12% speed increase), Reserves IV (100% stamina) and Focused IV (+9 focus for faster stamina refill).

Use Songbird and her X attack to fly around and pick up prisoners, get to about 40000 points with maybe 3 or 4 minutes left, then just sit near the exit with human torch and shoot his A attack straight through the level. His fireballs count as 100 points EACH HIT, so with one drain of his stamina bar I was getting 6000-8000 points. Switch to Iron Man or Iceman, use their projectile attack for a bit, then switch back. I EASILY got 115,000 with all 60 level characters, you'll nail this first try.

FANTASTIC TIP with breakout. I'm on legendary level 60's and this was the only one of two I had trouble with This strategy works to perfection. The only thing I would suggest chance is leaving Wade's Fav on instead of Speed II as it give you just that much more of a stamina boost.

codehunter447
10-23-2009, 04:59 PM
So in the Simulation missions you don't have to defeat a boss, like it was in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1?

batman5273
10-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Break out Video

YouTube - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Sim Champion Achievement - Breakout [4/12]

Kash Howard
11-08-2009, 11:54 PM
I just beat heavy metal on legendary. I did the nick fury RT+Y attack and it worked perfectly. Thanks for all the people who mentioned it

ConfusedGeek
11-09-2009, 04:09 AM
uhg, breakout. uhg. i just dont think i have the patience 4 it.

just like shadow complex, i might be missing 1 chieve eventually, though

ZZBroncos
03-03-2010, 04:15 PM
bump bump bump

JK FALCO
09-05-2010, 10:51 PM
I was able to complete Gold on Heavy Metal and Heavier Metal (on legendary, level 60) very easily using this strategy (sorry if it has been posted already):

I used Thor, and spammed his RT+B attack. Meanwhile I had a friend play as Iron Fist and spam the RT+Y attack (i.e. constantly heal everyone).

ShazamFTW
09-21-2010, 03:39 PM
EXPLOIT!

Sweet sassy molassy. Does this still work? I had rented this game twice, and probably made close to 50 attempts at Breakout to no avail. I have the other 11 golded, but it's the only non-DLC achievement I couldn't get, and if this is still working, I would go rent it again if some kind fellow would be nice enough to meet up with me...

So...

A)Does this still work?
B)Anybody nice enough to slate a time with me this weekend? :-)

ShazamFTW
10-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Umm, well, never mind. Picked it up, tried the Songbird/Human Torch theory above and whammo, instant gold. Good times indeed. Thanks all :-)

Andrew Kelly
11-04-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm 3100 points from gold on Adrenaline Surge. Anybody want to team up to get this? I'd appreciate the help, it's my last medal.

Edit: Well I just got it, but teaming up could be helpful. I played as Deadpool with Wolverine, Daredevil, Iron Fist using Critical Pain IV, Striker IV, and Destructive IV as my boost. Teleporting around as Deadpool helped a lot not only to take out the ranged enemies on the sides but to get to regular enemies faster as well. Thanks for that tip.

Gertle627
01-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the guide OP and posts everyone else. I was finally able to get 12 gold today. Of course Breakout was my last one, and the strategy I used was to use Storm and fly around with the +speed boost. Took a few chances early and rescued enough prisoners to get about 40 or 50k. Then I hid in a cell, used Jean Grey and spammed the RT+B special. Luckily there were 4 robots in range and the points added up quickly.

Wembley66
01-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the guide OP and posts everyone else. I was finally able to get 12 gold today. Of course Breakout was my last one, and the strategy I used was to use Storm and fly around with the +speed boost. Took a few chances early and rescued enough prisoners to get about 40 or 50k. Then I hid in a cell, used Jean Grey and spammed the RT+B special. Luckily there were 4 robots in range and the points added up quickly.

I found this method to be the best also.

I tried the Human Torch trick but it didn't seem to be getting any hits. After reaching 70k I hid in a cell with Jean Grey and used RT+B which did the trick (obviously robots near the cell is important for it to work).

I used Songbird, Deadpool, Jean Grey and Human Torch to complete this one. I had Run Speed II on but I think Reserves IV (which I didn't actually use) would also be a great help.

Any tips on Insidious Alliance anyone? I'm absolutely useless at it and being on legendary and lvl 60 doesn't exactly help either lol.

Edit: Completed Insidious Alliance in the end.

Alaskanassassin
08-11-2011, 06:39 PM

It was incredibly easy - I used two +20% melee boosts and the +25% strike boost. My team was Wolverine, Thing, Hulk and Daredevil - I played as Daredevil. He attacks so fast
Worked first time, thanks.

Yakostovian
08-20-2011, 02:43 PM
I was able to FINALLY beat Heavy Metal on Legendary, level 60. My strategy was to use Thor and his :rtbut:+:bbut: power, while my team was Natural Forces (specifically, I had the computer as Nick Fury, Jean Grey and Storm.)
In case you are wondering, Natural Forces heals you 5% of the damage you deal. With a friend, this should make this simulator mission easy as pie. I got this on my third try using this strategy, as opposed to countless attempts with the previous listed strategies. Glad they worked for you guys, but they were a bust for me.

I used the boosts Patriotic, Power Up III and Power Up IV.

Still working on Breakout......:mad:

So far, my best results with Breakout have been to use Songbird (Iron Man works too) because their :rtbut:+:abut: power BOUNCES OFF OF WALLS. Goblin was nice, but it hasn't worked for me yet. First try using Songbird, I got Silver. Now I just need to be a little more patient and stop making stupid mistakes.

Smugu
10-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Having hard time with the Heavy metal on legendary... Can i start a new game on super-heroic and do those there ?

ufc fan andy
10-21-2012, 06:40 AM
EXPLOIT!

I would like to try this if anyone wants to also try. Breakout is all i have left and i don't know anybody with this game.

Mr.Pink26
03-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Thank you so much for the strategies, huge help, even though I completely suck with Green Goblin

maffstar
05-26-2014, 10:30 AM
Heavy Metal & Heavier Metal on Legendary+ with Level 60 characters

I was having an absolute nightmare with this achievement (as well as the Silver medal achievement) and as these were my final 2 to get 1000g (I've unfortunately missed the DLC now :() I was beginning to think this was yet another game I wasn't going to be able to satisfy my OCD in getting everything!

So, as always, came here to XBA.com and all my worries went away. I had tried several routes and recommendations laid down by the good people on here but to no avail-I thought, as I was on Legendary+ with Level 60 characters I would have no chance, but within an hour or so I'd sailed through the remaining 5 gold and silver medals I needed.

The tactics I wanted to confirm worked really well were in a nutshell, forget having to find an XBL partner...or using Jean Grey...or Green Goblin. Instead (and as recommended already by OmegaFlip) try a fully loaded (well almost) Nanite Nick Fury and you should be able to breeze these just fine.

Ok, make sure you have equipped any Boosts that enable a significant increase on your powers (like the +20% powers increase in damage etc and maybe the +9 or +100% Stamina increase as this helps with the move you're going to use) and make sure all your pips relate to increasing damage with powers and being able to use them more often (Concentration for example). Soon as the level starts head off and activate all 10 podiums, as you hit the final one double tap jump to hover high and, as you turn, the majority of robots will be jostling to get at you in a group...and this is where you want them.

As Omega says, just use Nick's (RT+Y) move (while you're safely above the melee) repeatedly and hopefully by the time your stamina has run out you'll have finished the main pack and racked up a stack of points in the process (if not just drop down and go mental on melee to finish the last of their health). Now, drop down and run back down the line of podiums to repeat the same trick again and again and again (your stamina should be full again by the time you hit the last podium button) until you easily hit your Gold medal on both challenges.

As much as the Jean Grey and Goblin moves may work very well for others, I struggled and may have contributed to me thinking I was never going to get this achievement. For me, Jean's didn't seem to get enough damage in (although I had tried to do it around level 50 and may not have had the correct boosts on) and Goblin's glider trick was getting me battered near ground level and in all the confusion I kept getting knocked off my glider to boot!

Just so you know, this achievement IS possible and will be a great relief when you see just how easy these 2 sims can be. I would say that getting a mate to join in with you controlling maybe Jean or Thor would help but I did it on my own all the same

Matt :dance:

maffstar
05-26-2014, 10:45 AM
Wanton Destruction on Legendary+ with Level 60 characters

I used the exact same set-up with Nick Fury and easily did it. A couple of times I used his ramming power to make headway through the wooden boards into the connecting corridors and then used his (RT+Y) move so it blew up the drums (gaining some more points) in the small corridors as well as the wooden boards into each main room (you'll know what I mean when you use it).

Then, as you head into each room, double-tap jump to hover at full height and simply activate the (RT+Y) move over the central area to each set of things you want to blow up (I found this move caused damage in a much wider area than I had expected so worked exceptionally well on this level). A 'couple' of barrels or boxes will be fine to leave and I completed all rooms quicker using Nick than I did using Thor's Mjolnir Strike tactic. In fact I still had time to break 3 of the 4 Doom statues in the central area to get the last few points needed before time ran out (I found that maybe 1 power move and several melee hits were the best way to break these).

See how you fair with this strategy as when I tried the other guys suggestions I was struggling (although again, I wasn't at level 60 with the best Boosts so that could explain why Thor was getting his health destroyed seeing as I was just using him as a hammer-powered battering ram lol)

Matt

maffstar
05-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Adrenaline Surge on Legendary+ with Level 60 characters

Ok, simply put I was getting battered left right and centre with this and not even coming close to the Gold requirements. I had tried using Daredevil but once he took a couple of rocket hits he was struggling and by the time I changed over to Iron Fist to use his fully-loaded-group-healing move (RT+Y) Daredevil was either totalled or Iron Fist was getting battered as, for everyone who knows how his healing move works, he's left prone while he's trying to do his best imitation of Daniel LaRusso's finishing move at the end of Karate Kid.

So, I ended up equipping the best melee boosts I could like Destructive IV and Strike True III and then went for the Boxer boost which I got from Wanton Destruction's Silver medal (I believe this last boost description is wrong however as on my game it showed '100% of melee hits result in a critical' but I have seen via websites that it actually only gives +15%!!). If you are still struggling with this try equipping the Critical Pain IV boost which gives '+55% to critical Dmg' instead.

Then once the level started, I used Deadpool to double-jump-teleport over to the incoming guards and used his standard fast melee 'A' move to pig-stick the hell out of em. Once they started to swarm I went mental and switched between him and Wolverine giving a chance for both to heal.

*On 2 occasions I used a health repair that I had picked up just to be safe (remember you can always revive using these if you miss on your timing)

*I made sure I always grabbed the 'x3' booster when it appeared and went for the 'x2' when it wasn't

*If a guard start blocking just turn and start on another one and then immediately switch back as he will have dropped it or (although this can take a smidgen longer and seconds do count here) you could use your B button move to break it. Robot waves are great as they don't block!

*Finally I used a Guided Fusion once between Deadpool and Wolverine (which dropped another health repair which was nice) and found it to be real effective and quick

Other than that, I seem to remember slowing down at the end and just teleporting around to make sure he had no risk of dying before the timer ran out as I saw I had easily hit the Gold requirement.

Matt

maffstar
05-26-2014, 11:33 AM
Command on Legendary+ with Level 60 characters

Simply put, use Linkin10362's (nice one fella) perfect strategy with Human Torch and block away letting everyone blow themselves up in the process.

Literally as soon as the timer has run out at each base fly up and use your directional arrow (R3 button) repeatedly to show where the next base is. Stop for nothing and then land so you get maximum points with the remaining time ticking away (your travel time comes out of the 30 seconds so don't dilly-dally or get tempted to stop blocking and fight the horde for extra points).

You will almost definitely find, as Linkin & I did, that your team will die. Don't worry IT'S ONLY A GAME and they'll forgive you :)

Using this tactic got me Gold straight away and beat any other strategy I'd used to date. Cheers again Linkin ;)

Matt

maffstar
05-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Pinned on Legendary+ with Level 60 characters

Ok, easy one this:

*Primarily use Thor making sure you have maxed out all his pips for power damage (especially RT+B and RT+A) and power usage (Concentration etc)
*As a secondary character use Iron Fist and again make sure his power usage is full and his healing (RT+Y) ability is full (you should be netting +75 health each time you use it)
*Equip the best powers and stamina boosts you have

Now just go ahead and use Thor's RT+A move to get about quickly taking out the first goons in the process. Then, when things start to get nice and crowded go mad and use his devastating RT+B move to swipe Mjolnir at groups and send them flying (this was my main move throughout the game and when I was using it towards the end with the power boosts equipped I was delivering around 1500 damage)

Remember I said about using Iron Fist? Well he's a safety-buffer of sorts so just change over to him every so often and heal the group (the 4 allies mainly) 3-4 times before changing back to Thor (this may not be needed in all honesty, but I did it as I couldn't see how much health the 4 allies you have to protect had left and didn't want them dying towards the end, as for each one left you get the much needed bonus points at the very end added on to achieve Gold!)

As mentioned just, I thought I'd failed at the end as the timer ran out and I was way off the mark but once each ally was lit-up and accounted for the points poured on and I easily surpassed the Gold requirement.

Matt

maffstar
05-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Breakout on Legendary+ with Level 60 characters

Right, been a bit of a headache for a lot of people (including me) but there's a proven and easy approach (with a bit of luck at times depending on where the game puts the next prisoner).

Using Songbird, Storm, Jean and Human Torch set off (always fly as it gives you the best all-round vision, hence why the group is all flyers, although I only used Songbird and Human Torch which i'll explain below) clicking your directional finder R3 button constantly to locate the prisoner. 1st one is easy and straight forward as you lead him out but then you get the robots appearing with their ominous red search light :eek:

I didn't realise but the level fails only if you wander into their red search light-not the rest of the team and not the prisoner escaping (yeah obviously brilliant at being prison guards!). So basically as long as you stay out of it then all is good.

Second tip is don't jet off too fast for the exit once you've dipped into the prisoners cell and he's started following you-the amount of times I turned around to wait for him at the various exits and realised I'd left the idiot at some corner as he was too slow to keep up and didn't know which way we had gone. Pretty much once he approaches the outside corner of a cell in the maze you can continue but just make sure he's still keeping up every couple of junctions if that makes sense.

Thirdly each prisoner you 'save' gives you around 60 seconds on the clock so its worth doing it as remaining time can be very deceiving here when you use the final tactic below. So where possible try getting them to the exit-I ended up saving enough prisoners to get me around 60,000 of the required Gold requirement of 80,000 before I went for the below tactic. However luck can be important here so BE PATIENT. If your attempt doesn't work out and you get spotted or run out of time (I didn't do it till my 6th go and if I'm honest I doubt I'd do it first time now) then retry and don't be tempted to go rushing off hastily as it will normally end in another failure.

The tactic I've been talking about is only what's already been mentioned on here by using a character to hit the robot guards with an ranged attack to ramp up the final points. Now I tried Jean Grey's recommended move and also Goblins, but lots of times Jean's wouldn't cause damage and give me points or Goblins glider started edging forward when I finally got his guns trained in the right direction (seems this move does edge him forward) and I was spotted (rookie I know). So I used Human Torch's fireball RT+A move-BUT I didn't use it for long-range and instead used it on a robot walking away from me so it was short-range distance hence the points got added quicker and also I knew each fireball was hitting its target.

I only did this tactic when I had got around 60,000-62,000 points from prisoner saves and with AT LEAST 5 minutes left on the clock and ONLY with lone guard as on previous occasions you can get suddenly spotted by another guard walking up behind you where you aren't keeping tabs so where poss try for that or, if you are confident with your surroundings, then go for a couple of them but bear in mind they don't all walk the same track and you run the risk of one suddenly about-facing and spotting you.

When I reached the required amount and got Gold I carefully headed back to an exit podium safely out of the way and watched the remaining time count down before returning to the HQ and being awarded the final achievements!

Good luck and with a bit of patience and tiny amount of luck (it's always nice when the prisoners get plonked in a cell right by an exit corridor without any guards lol) then you should do this no probs

Matt

crabbycrabcrab
07-27-2014, 08:16 AM
helped loads ty!

ufc fan andy
08-12-2014, 04:48 AM
EXPLOIT!

Does not work now , found someone to do it with they made a new save we did basic training I didn't get the achievement but my stats page says 12 golds. Shit. :mad: