PDA

View Full Version : What mode is best for getting all upgrades achievement?

Marriott
09-19-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm running through the story on normal now and I havn't purchased any upgrades since I want the 50.000 style points achievement.

I was just wondering which mode is best for getting all upgrades? Do you get to keep the points earned in points count? Or do I need to run through the story again trying to get 66.000 points?

Edit: Just read that they have to be done in one story mode. Damnit, this will be somewhat tricky for me

h3liumX
09-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Normal or hard are both good modes to get fully upgraded (hey big spender) achievement. Try and kill guys in the arenas until they stop spawning and look for those style point pickups when you can.

For the 50k achievement, do it in golden bullet mode. You could do it on normal too, but I would suggest getting the first couple pistol damage upgrades.

Marriott
09-19-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm almost at 50k in my normal playthrough so I'm thinking to get all the upgrades in Golden Bullets, go over to Points Count to get the weapons/kills achievements and lastly try to tackle Ultra Hard :p

jeffy x360a
09-19-2009, 04:04 PM
couple people said they got the 50k and big spender achieves in EASY. i am gonna try to tackle the hard modes and then maybe do 1 last easy run for the big spender if i cant get them in hard. i finished golden bullets with 54k due to the fact a few areans gave me trouble. like 2 or 3 hits and your dead so i just closed a few doors earlier then i should.

Fizzmatix
09-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Easy or Golden Bullets would be best. I tried to do it on normal and got fed up dying so easy on some of the arenas as having 4 health bar blocks when you have 20 people in front of you doesn't go down to well. On easy you get the same amount of points and you can pretty much just hack and slash your way through enemies. You will also be able to just keep shooting at enemies in the arenas until they stop spawning which will help you get loads of extra points you wouldn't have in the first place.

True Marvellous
09-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Just make sure you get big style points by stringing a wall run , dive and slide together and of course head shots guys you should ge 150pts per kill.

Marriott
09-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Working my way through Golden Bullets now and I've done pretty well at the arenas so far so I hope I can get enough points to purchase all upgrades.

Pouper
09-20-2009, 03:19 AM
I don't think Golden Bullets would be the best mode because there's no need to go for headshots. On easy, you have all the time in the world to aim for the head and it's easy to go for the multipliers in the arenas.

My two cents...

Midnight Malice
09-20-2009, 01:11 PM
I did it on Easy, upgraded Pistol Rate of Fire and Damage to max (those were my only upgrades to help stay at 5x, costs about 10,000 which you should easily have after chapter 1, but well worth it) I still got 50,000 around chapter 7-8 I think (2nd Hong Kong)... took me maybe 3 hours. Just grab the multipliers in the arenas before killing anything then use every enemy in the arena. Stay there killing til they stop spawning. It may be an extra playthrough, but it is very easy. Played just a little bit further after I got 50,000 then I spent everything and maxed all upgrades.

Marriott
09-20-2009, 01:17 PM
If I don't get it on Golden Bullets I will try again on Easy. I was very close in getting 66.000 on my first playthrough on Normal.

mjmaskrey
09-20-2009, 01:57 PM
I've managed to get this without trying too hard...my very 1st playthrough, on Fixer, and I purchased the last upgrade just after the Rubi Rage section on Chapter 12....by the end of Chapter 12 I had spare points to buy another couple of upgrades if there were any.

This included the 1st Chapter or 2 just learning to play the game so I'me sure some ready from the beginning can get all the upgrades in quite easily.

:)

Midnight Malice
09-20-2009, 04:18 PM
If I don't get it on Golden Bullets I will try again on Easy. I was very close in getting 66.000 on my first playthrough on Normal.

You should be able to get it on GB. I just ran through as fast as possible, but the instant kills actually work against you when trying to keep your multiplier up. Enemies take a little while to respawn, and on regular difficulties, your multiplier doesn't drop while aimed at an enemy. I guess if you do combo moves and max arenas you might get it, but I only got 43,000 didn't max any arenas or worry about x5... so I'm sure it is entirely possible.

Dysrhythmic
09-21-2009, 05:33 AM
I got this achievement on my "Golden Bullets" play-through. The instant kills definitely help keep the multiplier up for max points. I was able to get the points I needed without using the Jump/Dive Combo (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=176575) but I'm sure it would be easily attainable if you used it.

Tomeeboy
09-21-2009, 06:06 AM
I'm attempting to get this achievement on my first playthrough (fixer difficulty). I'm finishing chapter 6 right now and have almost 35,000 points, so I suppose I'm on track for getting the 66,000 needed. I'm doing the 50,000 point balance as well in the same playthrough, so I haven't bought any upgrades yet either. So far it has been surprisingly easy... maybe that will change in the second half of the game.

I'm estimating that I should have the 50k sometime during Chapter 8, at which point I might start buying some upgrades. On the other hand, I'm not sure I want to be killing enemies too much faster, as it might make it harder to hold a multiplier in arenas... Decisions...

ErmacVersion1
09-21-2009, 02:09 PM
For me I got the all upgrades achievement on my Ultra Hard playthrough. Just chain as many kills as you can, and fully exhaust the spawn doors everwhere and anywhere you can. I finished chapter 1 with almost 17k style points. Just keep your multipliers at 5 and chain kills by jumping and then sliding as soon as you hit the ground, and go for headshots. You can and will rack up the points. I got this achievement right after I completed the arena on chapter 8, the one with the ice (hate this damn arena). I ended up having 15k worth of style points unused by the time I finished the game, so it's really all about maxing your chains and getting as many points as possible. I also suggest upgrading your health and your pistols fully before anything else. It'll make the game that much easier.