PDA

View Full Version : To be honest the game is really bad

Painkiller Q8
09-19-2009, 02:08 PM
OMG!! after playing this game a lot .. I just notes that the game SUCKS ASS BIG TIME !!
and screw IGN to give it 9/10 WTF!!

gamespot game it 7/10 that too much too ..

the game has great name but the gameplay and driving is totally BAD BAD BAD!! grrrrrrrr

Everyone.. I am one of the biggest fans of NFS.. and you can't believe how much I was dying to get this one .. and after I got it and play it for sometime.. I just notes that .. the game is totally bad and pathetic wanna be AWESOME like Forza/Gird.
okay I am not flaming the fans or tying to screw up the game here..
I really know how to play racing games and I finish most of the racing games on xbox with 850G+ achievements
but I have some points and I would like to share them now about this game:

1 - The game has the worst driving system ever!
2 - the AI is bad ass .. even if you play on easy!
3 - the loading sucks big time even if you install the game
4 - the game has some glitches and bugs !! I swear to god I saw the grass on the road mixed up like shit many times... thank god I took a pic and its on my NFS in www.needforspeed.com (http://www.needforspeed.com)
5 - career is boring as hell !
6 - the physics is bad .. sometimes the car is moving so much and when you hit another car you will feel like you touched a plastic box!
7 - IGN gave it "9" I guess the one who gave it this rating was drunk !

if you played Race Driver GRID.. you will see the huge difference and GRID is way better than NFS: shit .. and IGN gave GIRD 8 or some thing more.

well, screw NFSshit but I will force my self to play it until I get FORZA 3

does anyone think I am wrong ?

MY RATE TO NFSshit = 6/10 ... yeah maybe less too.

Finally: NO MORE NFS GAMES.. NFS:undercovre + SHIFT doen't worth the money !

Edit: here is one of those glitches ! are we playing a new racing game without history?? C'MON !! ;/
ZOOM IN
http://www.needforspeed.com/SpeedAPI/ws/game/1.0/nfsps2-360/photomode/37424313/image

crazy8s
09-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Agreed. This game is utter shit, I'm glad I didn't pay for this

Klarkus
09-19-2009, 03:00 PM
9/10 are they having a laugh or what???

I would say an easy 6/10

Like you said the actual gameplay is very bad it just doesnt feel right. Its very boring aswell. This is the 1st NFS ive played on 360. At the minute im playing dirt and its WAY better (very different but still better). I'll wait for forza 3

ScottCorno1987
09-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Don't agree with any of the above.

Its the best NFS on 360, in my opinion.

I found Forza a bore, so this has been my favourite track racer on 360.

Only DiRT 2 betters it for entertainment value

scttsmall
09-19-2009, 04:16 PM
I think that real problem here is that it tries so hard to be a hybrid game of games like forza and grid yet still trying to be an arcade racer like most wanted or underground. The problem with the two indentitiesis the game has no identlty. I personally wish the game would return to the underground/most wanted route. I actually like the "arcade racer" with the unrealistic racing physics. I like realistic games as well but when I want to play that I will put in Forza or Grid. I like those games alot as well but because when I put that Forza disk in I know that I am playing a simulation racer game that handles more like a real car would. I do love the cars that in this one as well as the tracks. The in-car graphics are good. I think the driving component which obviously is a large component is my only complaint.

goothgone
09-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Agreed. This game is utter shit, I'm glad I didn't pay for this

:drunk co-sign

scousers on tour
09-19-2009, 04:35 PM
OMG!! after playing this game a lot .. I just notes that the game SUCKS ASS BIG TIME !!
and screw IGN to give it 9/10 WTF!!

gamespot game it 7/10 that too much too ..

the game has great name but the gameplay and driving is totally BAD BAD BAD!! grrrrrrrr

Everyone.. I am one of the biggest fans of NFS.. and you can't believe how much I was dying to get this one .. and after I got it and play it for sometime.. I just notes that .. the game is totally bad and pathetic wanna be AWESOME like Forza/Gird.
okay I am not flaming the fans or tying to screw up the game here..
I really know how to play racing games and I finish most of the racing games on xbox with 850G+ achievements
but I have some points and I would like to share them now about this game:

1 - The game has the worst driving system ever!
2 - the AI is bad ass .. even if you play on easy!
3 - the loading sucks big time even if you install the game
4 - career is boring as hell !
5 - the physics is bad .. sometimes the car is moving so much and when you hit another car you will feel like you touched a plastic box!
6 - IGN gave it "9" I guess the one who gave it this rating was drunk !

if you played Race Driver GRID.. you will see the huge difference and GRID is way better than NFS: shit .. and IGN gave GIRD 8 or some thing more.

well, screw NFSshit but I will force my self to play it until I get FORZA 3

does anyone think I am wrong ?

MY RATE TO NFSshit = 7/10 ... I guess gamespot gave it the same rating !

Finally: NO MORE NFS GAMES.. NFS:undercovre + SHIFT doen't worth the money !

well said painkiller at first i thought it was a typo by IGN 9.0 instead of 0.9, now after playing for an hour (3 hours in real time after the slow loading) it does get a bit more playable and as you rank up a few better cars

thank goodness i only rented (so i will play the week out and thats it) and bought dirt 2 first, roll on forza 3

rating 5.5 / 10 mainly for visuals

GTAmissions1
09-19-2009, 04:35 PM
This is the worst to come out that starts with NFS.
Especially difficulty when Easy means the cars are more slower.
But instead, they go past you and ramming them doesn't do anything and the AI can ram you and spin you out.

Youngtone 03
09-19-2009, 05:12 PM
the nfs franchise is doomed

DjBatfink
09-19-2009, 06:34 PM
I have to agree nfs is not that good anymore, bring back underground...
Some races it feels ok then it hits you, its crap!!
I cant even win a duel yet, the ai seems to go around the corners on rails twice as fast as me...it sucks...i even got overtook on a hairpin bend!!, and it was on easy..
And i am pretty good at driving games, ive played nearly all, which makes it worst as i know its not due to my crap driving..
Even the woman on one of the inside xbox vid's is crap, and she's part of the team who make it!!
Just as well dirt 2 is ok and forza is nearly here, thank god!!

ZedChuva
09-19-2009, 07:08 PM
I won't go "utter shit", but I pretty much agree.

I went out at midnight to pick this up, and man... should have waited on this, and picked up WET instead.

All the promotion about this being an "arcade racer with SIM elements" is bullshit. It's a fucking SIM racer, and for me, I fucking hate SIM racers. Maybe it's cause I "suck", or maybe it cause I like to play video games, NOT simulation generators. I don't drive a car in my real life, so why do I want too in a video game?

And yes, the fucking AI are dirtrags even on Easy. I tried 3 times to win a head to head race, and just fucking gave up.

Give me Burnout ANY DAY over a pissy SIM racer.

Pretty much a waste of $70. :mad:

Evo Kazz
09-19-2009, 08:30 PM
I always listen to you guys more than people like IGN etc, and this does sound shit, although my initial thoughts were to go buy it, I may pass now, I dont decide off one thread normally several from multiple forums but everything I have read this past hour online does not look good at all, plus the fact the achievements can be gotten in next to no time, I think maybe a rental, NFS should make sequels, you think trying to be innovative with Pro Shit (I mean Street) would have taught them. They should stick to what they know.

yourmanmilk
09-19-2009, 08:38 PM
just finished it thank fuck 7 out of 10

xfaxdantex
09-19-2009, 08:50 PM
i think this game is better the forza, best nfs game so far yea its got a few bugs but so do all games and they will most likely bring updates for the game

xxm1llertimexx
09-19-2009, 09:00 PM
i think this game is better the forza, best nfs game so far yea its got a few bugs but so do all games and they will most likely bring updates for the game

i feel the same way i dont see why so many people hate this game???....it seems like from everyones reaction u either love it or hate it .....personally i love it !!!!!!!

Painkiller Q8
09-19-2009, 09:07 PM
i feel the same way i dont see why so many people hate this game???....it seems like from everyones reaction u either love it or hate it .....personally i love it !!!!!!!

lucky you to love a game like this.. at least you are enjoying a racing game..
I am a big fan of those racing game .. but I am totally forcing my self on this one!! god damn it..

well, do you know how to Drift here ??
I got X50 combo achievement in GRID while Drifting .. but in NFS:shit I can even get X2 or win the race .. WTF am I the only one ?

xfaxdantex
09-19-2009, 09:40 PM
lucky you to love a game like this.. at least you are enjoying a racing game..
I am a big fan of those racing game .. but I am totally forcing my self on this one!! god damn it..

well, do you know how to Drift here ??
I got X50 combo achievement in GRID while Drifting .. but in NFS:shit I can even get X2 or win the race .. WTF am I the only one ?

drifting seems to be a challange on here but it makes it worth playing

DeafSunchaser
09-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Agree this game is the worse race style game ever! how could nfs shit be any better than GRID/race pro/forza ect ect i bet this will be another fuel where they droped the prices quick! saw fuel today new for 13 lmao

also i agree with the drifting its BAD very bad

Turbulence 0
09-20-2009, 03:13 AM
people say drifting is bad because maybe its to confusing for them?It pretty much says it in the long loading screens how to drift.Now its no forza when it comes to drifting but it nice when you drifted the whole track.

If you played like a real race car driver would you wouldnt have no problem racing in shift I seen someone say rail riding? wtf is this what racing has become??why dont you listen to the bad videos posted on the dashboard and listen to it then you may have a basic understanding of how to handle the cars on shift.

Now for the op I understand you said you played this game for alot, I salute you for giving it bad review and still playing it.but as you can see others who barely even tried at the game is agreeing with your post which is weird because they havent really tried.

happy gaming all:)

matt shaw man
09-20-2009, 02:50 PM
i find this game very god to be honest. i agree the AI is quite aggressive but ive not had that much trouble with car control and ive been playing it on the experienced settings. certain cars were impossible to drive though like the upgraded porchse carrera and other uber cars but now ive changed the default settings its amazing. possibly my fave racing game to date

weajam7
09-20-2009, 07:11 PM
this game is great, every tier u go up it gets harder even on easy mode, its a challenge and its well worth the money,

bjh_27
09-20-2009, 08:12 PM
i have to say I am loving this game, but that may be because I am playing cockpit view and bought an awesome MS wheel with force feedback.

what a great feel of speed, and i like the tier progression and replays

imo this is worth an 8.0 or maybe 8.5 and to be fair saying it is utter shite doesn't agree with most reviews and although it is your opinion, metacritic (weighted average of all reviews available) sits at about 8.4 and seems spot on to me

i think of this as a new game, and try not to relate it to other nfs titles

i will really enjoy finishing this before forza comes out

BrassBallz
09-21-2009, 08:10 PM
POSITIVE: In Car mode is pretty cool
NEGATIVE: The rest is garbage. This game has an identity crisis as it can't figure out if it wants to be a sim or arcade and excels at neither. I'm a Forza guy and this game is a far cry from that as t he cars handle like ice/ice. A better name for this game would have dropped the "f" from Shift.

Kahler Hahn
09-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Shift is the second best Racer so far o 360.
Forza 2 is above all for sure.

Dirt 2 feels like Sega Rally
Race Pro is as interesting as watching grass grow
PGR is fun, but not as much as this
The other NFS Games were pure bullshit wannabe Fast and furios shit for dumb kids
GRID has the shittiest control i've seen in quite a while.

So there is sure as hell not much competition for Shift and surely not much better

ProXy
09-21-2009, 08:36 PM
EA never told us that shift would be a real sim, it is in fact a mix of arcade and sim. First I thought how stupid it is, that cars will oversteer when driving a small corner. It is also quite hard to keep it one the road on the straight. But safter some hours of playing I cannot complain any more - it just fits to the game, you have to work to be fast.

I am really adicted to forza as a good sim, to burnout as a real arcade racer, but I also love shift, because it is a very good arcade/sim mix..

ProXy
09-21-2009, 08:38 PM

The other NFS Games were pure bullshit wannabe Fast and furios shit for dumb kids

So there is sure as hell not much competition for Shift and surely not much better

Couldn't add something to this post. 100% ack :)

KING COREY 23
09-22-2009, 02:23 AM
a game is only bad when you suck at it

ty..goodbye

My Gamertag is Papa Skull
09-22-2009, 02:44 AM
Yeah I think NFS Most Wanted was the best out of them all. Even though NFS: MW has the craziest cops that do the most unbelievable things to get to you. The cops are hard as hell. :(

HailedLightning
09-22-2009, 09:04 AM
I absolutely love this game. It is way better then Undercover and Pro Street. I enjoy all NFS Games. Pro Street for me was the worst in the series. Undercover was fun but the game wasn't that great.

So far I am loving Shift. I just started Tier 2 and I cant wait to progress through the game. I don't care what the ratings are, but I will admit 9/10 is a bit overrated. For me the only two racing games that deserve that score is Forza 2 and Test Drive Unlimited.

Painkiller Q8
09-22-2009, 09:23 AM

You have got to be kidding me !!
GRID !!
GRID is the second best racing game after forza 2 on 360 but you have to get use to it ... its not like NFS:SHIT even if you get use to it you will suck at it.... !

and by the way ..I almost reach Tire 4 in NFS:shit .. and the game is getting worst even more .. and those fucking bad races with 10 Laps .. if you get crash in lap 9/10 just say good bye to the win and the asswhole AI "on easy" will pass you and you will never catch them again !!

god I hate this game so much.. did you see the car when you lose the control all the time .. its like you are begging the car .. plz plz stop this!

anyway.. I know how to play it and everything .. but simply ITS BAD RACING GAME and screw IGN to hype to like this !

HailedLightning
09-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Check the achievement guide for a some tips on settings to make the cars handle better. I haven't had any issues with handling since I used those settings. I hated GRID. Couldn't win anything. LOL.

Giblets 2000
09-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Don't agree with any of the above.

Its the best NFS on 360, in my opinion.

I found Forza a bore, so this has been my favourite track racer on 360.

Only DiRT 2 betters it for entertainment value

Come on, man. There's friggin dodgy grass in the middle of the track! Look at the picture. I was just thinking how gorgeous the cars looked, but GRASS!

I don't remember busted graphics like that in NFS Carbon

I've not played it though so can't comment on whether it's total slurry or not

asdf123
09-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I know how to drive racing games too, i have 1k in most "big ones", but it always take some time and tweaking to get the right feel, this is not the greatest racer ever, but its not garbage, come on, its alot of fun, every game sucks until you master it, i know :P

OBSAutostylz
09-22-2009, 08:57 PM
cry some more

Barad
09-22-2009, 10:00 PM
I took half an hour reading this hater thread and I'm still gonna buy this game, i dont care how bad a racing game is i freaking love racing and this IS the best nfs on the 360 (except most wanted) lol.

xI VARSITY
09-23-2009, 05:22 AM
When undercover was release, we were told that there were to be NO MORE NFS games, SHIFT is really bad, it's the same as pro-street with better graphics, wheres the physics!!!!!!!!!!! ALL THROTTLE OR NO THROTTLE, FULL LOCK OR NO LOCK. it's utter shit, look at the video on INSIDE XBOX, the lead designer was stupid enough to put his gamertag on there, FILE COMPLAINT FOR HIM LOL.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bring back the ROAD & TRACK influence, the origional NFS for the Panasonic 3DO was fantastic and Porsche challenge for the P.C. was mint, then it was all down hill from there. If you want a good circuit racing game that it also good on-line, rent RACE DRIVER GRID, BUT READ THE FORUMS ABOUT THE GLITCHED ACHIEVEMENT FIRST!
why do developers not keep the width of the track to scale??????!!! Most of the Spa track in real world can handle 3-4 cars wide, Forza3 will be the same I bet. I miss Gran Turismo 3.

EA! Who tests your games!!!!!?????
EMPLOY SOMEONE WITH A DRIVING LICENCE!
OR JUST STOP MAKING DRIVING GAMES AND STICK TO AMERICAN FUUZBALL.
No more E.A games for me.

xI VARSITY
09-23-2009, 05:24 AM
I took half an hour reading this hater thread and I'm still gonna buy this game, i dont care how bad a racing game is i freaking love racing and this IS the best nfs on the 360 (except most wanted) lol.

I really dont mean to offend. dont waste you money buying it, rent it at most

Pub247au
09-23-2009, 10:03 AM
I read this thread and thought this games will be shit. I got it and I'm quite suprised its pretty good sure its no forza but its easily better than any other NFS game out on 360. IMO better than GRID which i did not like that game just drove weird....

I Suggest that People rent, buy, borrow this game and make your own opinion dont listen to someone elses. I was bagging this game till i played and quite enjoy it so far its busy rewarding looks good sounds good.

It's not worth a 9 but i think an 8 is fair

Taki...
09-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Can't say I agree that it's a terrible game. The handling is fine, you do get the occasional glitch and the odd bit of slowdown, but all in all it's a pretty decent effort.
Certainly nothing there that will have anyone tearing their hair out... like the glitchy MP on Race Pro or having your rank reset on GRID.

nappster187
09-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Just an FYI if you bought your copy of shift from best buy, it goes on sale next week for $39.99 savings of $20, so get your receipt and get a price adjustment!!

My Gamertag is Papa Skull
09-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Someone is working for Best Buy.. :D

(It won't let me quote a message for some reason today, I don't know why. :()

Anyway NFS Most Wanted has got to be the best out of the NFS series. I mean the game is so detailed and so repetitive. I heard that the other NFS games are complete garbage, as mentioned before in this thread.

Currently working on Blacklist #3. Wish me luck! :D

HamsterLV
09-24-2009, 02:13 PM

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, even country folks who think running cows is racing...

oRiGiNaL ReaPeR x
09-24-2009, 02:23 PM
I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, even country folks who think running cows is racing...

i bet you get better handling out of those cows than some of the cars in this game LOL XD

HamsterLV
09-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Yeah probably! LoL :)

Joe Tobacco
09-24-2009, 06:17 PM
this game is awesome with the right driving setting, at first it was horrible cause of difficulty to handle the cars, but with some tweaks in the settings it drives amazing and the sense of speed is awesome! stop 'reviewing' things when u only play it for half an hour.

DonPantalones
09-24-2009, 06:46 PM
I love how games as of late have caused gamers to fall into this security blanket of difficulty. As soon as a game is difficult, there are cries of "broken!," "trash", and "utter shit".

Instead of working with the game to figure out how to play it, you roll over and move to a much easier game that justifies your lack in skill. Sad really. If it makes you feel better, go for it. I just don't understand the idea of talking so poorly about a game, when you are clearly the ones who are having the error.

BloodGodAlucard
09-25-2009, 04:08 AM
Well this sucks. I was hoping to like this game. I've got to admit, I haven't really enjoyed a NFS since Underground 2. It was my favorite in the series. My best friend and I clocked in 300+ hours in that game easy. Anyway, I know from reading a lot of different forums that this game seems to be shit. Atleast that seems to be the general opinion of the majority of people. I found out that this game will be on sale at Best Buy next week for $40. A $20 price drop in a week? That pretty much says it all. Still I feel the need to ask, Is this game worth $40 or should I pony up the extra $20 and get Dirt 2?

BTW, in case anyone wanted to check the info about the price drop, check this site. It is incredible. I highly suggest checking it weekly for the best deals on games. I know I do. Here's the link.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237705

HamsterLV
09-25-2009, 07:02 AM
I love how games as of late have caused gamers to fall into this security blanket of difficulty. As soon as a game is difficult, there are cries of "broken!," "trash", and "utter shit".

Instead of working with the game to figure out how to play it, you roll over and move to a much easier game that justifies your lack in skill. Sad really. If it makes you feel better, go for it. I just don't understand the idea of talking so poorly about a game, when you are clearly the ones who are having the error.

I wouldn't say Forza was easy, neither was Gran Turismo 3 and 4 and I completed them all and loved it! I fail to see what developers intended here, f***in sliding around corners is killin me here, it is lame as s***! And achievements... 16 out of 29 is f***in badges... Very lame! Could have done so much more here!

Just one mans oppinion! You like it then don't waste your precious time defending it on ACHIEVEMENT forums!

DonPantalones
09-25-2009, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't say Forza was easy, neither was Gran Turismo 3 and 4 and I completed them all and loved it! I fail to see what developers intended here, f***in sliding around corners is killin me here, it is lame as s***! And achievements... 16 out of 29 is f***in badges... Very lame! Could have done so much more here!

Just one mans oppinion! You like it then don't waste your precious time defending it on ACHIEVEMENT forums!

Not really sure where you were going with that, but my point is this. Forza and Gt 3 and 4 were in fact easy. All you needed was time, and the game was mastered. Period. Same with this game. This simply requires you to not slam on the brake and gas pedals. Those other games let you get away with that.

I agree with you about the achievements. 29 is a bit short for what they could have done. You opinion is as valid as mine, so my precious time was well spent. You obviously took note.

The P1stoleer
09-26-2009, 05:33 PM
NFS: SHIT Well my opinion is
Designed by humans
Built By Robots
Tested By monkeys
Whoever rated this game more than 5/10 must have been totally stoned or skull f%ked
The game had potential at the beginnig until you fitted the WORKS upgraded and they handle like a dopehead 0n 10 kilos of heroine way out of control
EA sucks

Rowey 94
09-26-2009, 06:38 PM
True.
the game feels like its been put together in a few week's..
like undercover.
it was better when they released 1 NFS game every year arounf november time..
BRING BACK NFS UNDERGROUND PLEASE anyone agree they were the best ?

Joshymitsu
09-26-2009, 08:04 PM
I disagree with most of the comments on here. I didnt like the looks of it at first as it seemed more like a sim than the nfs im used to. I got it anyway and to be honest I think it's awesome, the graphics are great the drivings fun and it just feels good.

Oh and about the difficulty, I am terrible at driving sims but im finding this easy and its on normal difficulty, why are people saying its hard on easy mode??

HamsterLV
09-27-2009, 07:44 AM
I usually win races no big problem, the difficult part is mastering corners and other badges and stuff!

ezekiel 08
09-27-2009, 09:05 AM
the game feels like its been put together in a few week's..

It really does feel like it was rushed. After playing the Forza 3 demo, I really started to see how bad NFS Shift was.

BRING BACK NFS UNDERGROUND PLEASE anyone agree they were the best ?

I totally agree with this. Underground 1 and 2 were the best things to happen to the NFS franchise since Hot Pursuit. I've played them all and Underground 2 still stands strong as my favourite NFS game of all time.

Please oh please make an Underground 3! Please!

Stevey Boy2006
09-27-2009, 10:09 AM
I was reallylooking forward to this, but its a letdown, roll on Forza 3.

As for people complaining about the handling I really struggled with it until I turned the steering assisst on, it doesnt steer for you, just makes it possible to navigate a track

RagingClue
09-27-2009, 10:12 AM
I like it.
better visulas then forza.
damage could be better

i like the driving and steering because you need to practise it.
the ai is rough but thats good i like that.

7.5/10

Stevey Boy2006
09-27-2009, 10:13 AM
I like it.
better visulas then forza.
damage could be better

i like the driving and steering because you need to practise it.
the ai is rough but thats good i like that.

7.5/10

Better visuals than Forza???????????
Have you downloaded the Forza 3 demo?

gw2
09-27-2009, 11:26 AM
This game is amazing. perfect sound design, great balance between sim and arcade. grid sucks. grid cant make up its mind about what it is. and how could you possibly complain about load times after mentioning forza?

BobbyLeeSwaggR
09-27-2009, 11:50 PM
I have to agree nfs is not that good anymore, bring back underground...
Some races it feels ok then it hits you, its crap!!
I cant even win a duel yet, the ai seems to go around the corners on rails twice as fast as me...it sucks...i even got overtook on a hairpin bend!!, and it was on easy..
And i am pretty good at driving games, ive played nearly all, which makes it worst as i know its not due to my crap driving..
Even the woman on one of the inside xbox vid's is crap, and she's part of the team who make it!!
Just as well dirt 2 is ok and forza is nearly here, thank god!!

I think the game is great. I love the cockpit view. I've never been a fan of playing that way, but this game does it great.

And no I don't think you're pretty good at driving games because I'm playing on medium with all the bs break and steering help things off, and winning the duels just fine. So ya maybe it is due to your crap driving.

Lol I'm just messing with you. But not really.

But I do agree, Underground was awesome, and I'd love for that style to come back.

oRiGiNaL ReaPeR x
09-28-2009, 06:05 PM
wow i have just found another EA fuck up...they have fixed the race/series standings at the end of the races, i was racing against a rival in a race, in one race he finished 1st i finished 2nd, yet when it went to the race standings after the race, some nobody finished 1st, i still finished 2nd, and my rival finished 8th?!?!

and in the next race, i finished 1st, and my rival finished 5th, yet in the race standings at the end, yea i still finished first but my rival finished 2nd....WTF?!?!

shouldnt games get better not worse? EA should have stopped making NFS along time ago because they are ruining what used to be a good racing game

HalfEVILmonkey
09-28-2009, 09:54 PM
I definitely feel like the negative comments are overblown, but so are the really positive ones. This game is definitely a wanna be forza 3 or PGR 4, but I dont feel like the skimped and just threw this game out there to make money. There is definitely quality product here...just not what I want from NFS. Undercover and Most Wanted were awesome and they need to stick to that side of the racing genre.

ezekiel 08
09-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Better visuals than Forza???????????
Have you downloaded the Forza 3 demo?

Yeah no kidding. Forza 3 has the best graphics in a car game to date.

I still don't get Shift, it's trying to be all simulation but then it rewards you for playing it like Burnout, even more so than racing it like a sim! You get 75 points for a Dirty Overtake (trading paint[25] + dirty overtake[50]) and only 30 for a Clean Overtake... I mean, what?!

If you think by making the car handling worse gives you more of a challenge, then that's just dumb as I'd easier/realistic handling any day. I rather have AI that's challenging, not the freaking controls. Playing Forza 2 on Hard was a great challenge and forces you to perfect your driving skill, but at least those controls weren't broken :(.

Roll on Forza 3 in every way :p.

iincrdblhlk
09-29-2009, 11:49 AM
nfs underground for regular xbox was the best nfs ever, car customization was amazing, and the drag racing with friends was endless fun

CaRvErS HeRe
09-29-2009, 12:09 PM
i think this NFS is awesome, one of thebest, i didnt think so at the start thou, you have to play it for a bit to get used to it and feel the game lol. i enjoyed it after a couple hours. GRiD was my fav racing game ever!!! lol and was hoping NFS wouldnt change tht but it did, it is loads better thn GRiD.

i give it a 8.5/10

:)

Oliie
10-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Agree with OP. What I don't like in this game that it's too hard on easy, physics sucks. What's more, when you drive in behind the car view and you turn it looks like the back of the car was swinging from left to right, just as in the worst arcades. Almost every turn makes your wheels screech even if you pull the trigger just a bit. Assists suck. Nurburgring is super hard here (because of stupid turning system). The racing line shows only the smoothest way, not the fastest. One good thing in this game is the cockpit view, but what's the purpose if can't even see the digits in dashboard because of too small resolution. Steering on a normal X360 controller is just too hard because you can't precisely turn with analog stick, but that's what the game wants. Looks like the game was made only to play with steering wheel. At least there are some car restricted events which i liked in forza. What i found out is that the game uses a lot of Most Wanted sounds, Carbon's engine and ProStreet's idea. Music in this game sucks badly so I completely turned it off. I hate the half simulation half arcade physics. It should be either sim or arcade but not 50-50. IMHO Forza 2 was better and Forza 3 is going to be even better.

313 Sniper
10-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Sounds like you all just suck. The game isn't bad just because you don't like it. Well, look, if you have to bitch about any NFS, atleast let it be Undercover.

Celestial Being
10-04-2009, 02:04 AM
my one complain is the following:

you know those Race Series. well there are a couple of them. so sometimes you don't get every star in a race, lets say its the last one too. i dont wanna have to play all the races again just to try to get that star. it'd be cool if they added the option to just be able to replay one race in the series, if you wanted to.

FiReStOrM^
10-04-2009, 02:46 AM
I have a lot of things I don't like with this game, but the LOADING TIMES is the worst for me, it's utterly ridiculous.. even when installed. It makes it so boring to play for any length of time. I am an absolutely HUGE NFS fan, but over the last few years certain games in the series have began to totally ruin it, and it feels like it's going to get even worse as time goes on.. Nice job EA, begin to ruin what has ben an absolutely amazing series.

Amazon XD
10-04-2009, 10:26 AM
9/10 from IGN is unrealistic. Yeah, I saw the review. But IGN doesn't give ANYTHING a 9/10 unless it's popular. ODST, Grand Theft Auto, etc etc. That's why when I saw IGN giving it a 9/10, I knew it was mediocre. It's not horrible, by any stretch. If you follow the settings placed in the Road Map, it easens the pain of the controls.

Overall, it's better than Undercover (played it for a bit over a buddy's house), but it ain't the best. Nothing under a 6/10 on it's worst, and nothing over a 7.5/10 when it's at it's best.

Tutti fruitti
10-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I would like to disagree, it's a really good game and iv liked gameing with my friends who love it to. I think this is the best nfs I mean I like burning rubber on streets with cops but to take it to the tracks is cool. I love feeling like a hamilton, yeah the AI is pretty tough but that's wot you want a challenge makes you better at the game if not take it back get your money back. But don't moan bout you getting your arsed kicked on easy lol. 1 thing bad, theres many glitches loads in fact so many I wouldn't like to say. that's the only thing bad to me.

Painkiller Q8
10-06-2009, 10:18 AM
GET REAL!!!

I FINISHED NFS:Shit until the credits showed ... the game is pathetic.. and I am sure 90% of people are playing it for achievements .. just like me

Time to throw it in the trash.. GOSHH!!!
and its time to warm my hand to for FORZA 3 :D

impatientiain
10-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Shame you didnt like, oh well to bad, nevermind.Just picked it up and i have to say i am enjoying it.Everybody new that it wasnt going to be a forza killer,and i have played alot worse games to get a 1000 on.This will do me till MW2 comes out which i pre ordered today :woop:

2ndhandsoxx
10-09-2009, 08:39 PM
I bought this game after reading the IGN review. I mean, a 9/10 to me is basically a must buy, a great game, and I own most of the games that get that high of a score. This time though, I was very disapointed with the game after a few weeks with it.

Initially Shift was a lot of fun and I loved the cockpit view camera and the sense of speed, but after playing through the career mode I quickly returned the game at EB.

It's not a horrible game like some people are saying, but the controls are definitely awful.

I'd say the gamespot review is more accurate.

Dack124
10-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Shift's great. You're just a pissed off little bitch.

Jenneke88
10-10-2009, 07:00 AM
I think that this game is mediocre at best and doesn't deserve the 9/10 that it received in reviews. The cars look really great, but the gameplay is uncanny. Example on a race I did. This was a car battle I did. I just couldn't seem to win, the other car kept overtaking me. No matter how good I drove, I couldn't win. Set the AI down to easy, thinking that I could win then. No such luck. I had the faster car, I barely used the brakes in a corner, basically taking the corners faster then the AI, yet I kept on losing. Even on straight parts in the level, while drafting, I was unable to overtake.

So I tried a new strategy. Spin out your opponent. Gave me a head start of 4.76 seconds, near the half of the level. I paused the game and started a stopwatch to see how fast the AI would catch up with me. Results: the AI managed to catch up with me in 2.07 seconds, that's including the time it took me to select resume in the pause menu. My conclusion: Not even Michael Schumacher can drive that well.

Other races show equel weird stuff. I was able, without properly upgrading my tier 1 car, to win tier 2 races. Their cars should've been much faster. WTF!? They call that simulation? I drive a car in real life with a pathetic engine in it, 1.0 When a 1.4 puts it foot down on the gas, there's no way my 1.0 can keep up. My question: Where's the similation in that? I'm starting to miss underground...

Taki...
10-15-2009, 03:21 PM
I drive a car in real life with a pathetic engine in it, 1.0 When a 1.4 puts it foot down on the gas, there's no way my 1.0 can keep up. My question: Where's the similation in that? I'm starting to miss underground...

Mate, power to weight ratio and HP are more important than engine size when it comes to acceleration.
It would be good if the cars with the biggest engines were always the fastest in games, but not everyone can handle that level of realism. :)

NaK Quinn
10-20-2009, 05:22 AM
Mate, power to weight ratio and HP are more important than engine size when it comes to acceleration.
It would be good if the cars with the biggest engines were always the fastest in games, but not everyone can handle that level of realism. :)

I somewhat disagree, its on a case by case basis. In order to get good hp to lb ratio you need bigger engines for bigger cars and such so....yadda yadda yadda. Yes, a Lotus with 190hp and 2000lbs (10.5hp/lb) might be quicker around a track then a 430hp 3200lb (7.4 hp/lb) Corvette, but Lotus 0-60 is 4.9sec (supercharged version) vs Corvettes 4.1sec (base) is .8ths of a sec, or about 3 car lengths, thats a healthy lead for a car that weighs 1200lbs more. Then look at the engine sizes. 6.2L vs 1.8L. 4.4L to get .8 seconds. This is giving the Lotus a leg up, using the SC version as well. Stock Lotus is slower. Anyways....before all the hopla, I have been to and thoroughly enjoyed Skip Babers Racing School. So, unlike 99.99% of you, I have had experience with performance vehicles (and Im not talking your B18 Integras and K20 RSXs).

This game doesnt know what tires do, and doesnt understand understeer/oversteer with some of these cars. Sitting at the Start line with the car in NEUTRAL is BULLCRAP, and I thought we were promised no "rubberbanding" (when you get a good lead and the other cars magically catch up and pass you)?!? When you go off the track, into the grass or dirt, yes, in real driving you will lose control.....but not for 1/4 of a mile going only 60mph. Cornering, 75% of the time, isnt realistic. The cars handles too much like NFS games of yesteryear, while trying to handle like Forza. All in all, if your looking for Forza....buy Forza 3. If your looking for a fun weekend drive that reminds you of Forza, Get NFS:Shift.

bry830
10-20-2009, 06:31 PM
In my opinion, NFS: Most Wanted is the best game in the series. It was amazing. I believe that this is second best. Undercover had terrible gameplay, and a horrible story. The only reason people are bitching about this game is that they are looking for problems with the game...when they should be PLAYING IT!

Rewbz
10-21-2009, 06:02 AM
games shocking, end of.

Poppygalaxy
10-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Well i liked it. not nerly enoghf car ore tracks but i like that they where going after realisim. so i love it :nana

xEndriux
10-21-2009, 08:29 AM
It depends of what you expect....for sure is not comparable with Forza
but it is anyway a good game

Taki...
10-21-2009, 11:45 PM
I somewhat disagree, its on a case by case basis. In order to get good hp to lb ratio you need bigger engines for bigger cars and such so....yadda yadda yadda. Yes, a Lotus with 190hp and 2000lbs (10.5hp/lb) might be quicker around a track then a 430hp 3200lb (7.4 hp/lb) Corvette, but Lotus 0-60 is 4.9sec (supercharged version) vs Corvettes 4.1sec (base) is .8ths of a sec, or about 3 car lengths, thats a healthy lead for a car that weighs 1200lbs more. Then look at the engine sizes. 6.2L vs 1.8L. 4.4L to get .8 seconds. This is giving the Lotus a leg up, using the SC version as well. Stock Lotus is slower. Anyways....before all the hopla, I have been to and thoroughly enjoyed Skip Babers Racing School. So, unlike 99.99% of you, I have had experience with performance vehicles (and Im not talking your B18 Integras and K20 RSXs).

Mate, you've got your figures back to front. If a car weights 2000lbs and has roughly 10hp to the pound that's a 20000hp car! The Lotus has 1hp for every 10.5lbs, the Corvette has 1hp for 7.4lbs... which gives the Corvette the superior power to weight ratio and as such the better 0-60 timing.

dnodavila
10-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Don't care for the game myself, but its a lot better than some other games out there

DeviousD
10-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Yep the game is utter shite Race driver Grid a much better game.

Evol Error
11-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Idk why people don't like this game so much? IMO I think its good, not 'shit'.

Jenneke88
11-11-2009, 03:27 PM

Putting weight to engine size then. My car weighs 780 KG, the car I'm comparing it too weighs 840 KG. That's where I base my comparisin on. Quite honestly, when I choose a slow car the game "lets" me win. When I choose a fast car, the game simply gets harder, it won't let me win. Unrealistic if you ask me. To make it even worse. I had to turn all the help off, and switched to hard to make the game easier. F*cking stupid if you ask me, because suddenly, I and my slow car are winning.

Taki...
11-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Putting weight to engine size then. My car weighs 780 KG, the car I'm comparing it too weighs 840 KG. That's where I base my comparisin on. Quite honestly, when I choose a slow car the game "lets" me win. When I choose a fast car, the game simply gets harder, it won't let me win. Unrealistic if you ask me. To make it even worse. I had to turn all the help off, and switched to hard to make the game easier. F*cking stupid if you ask me, because suddenly, I and my slow car are winning.

Sounds like rubber banding. Can't say I noticed it myself, but I did pretty much rush through the game. No idea why you'd perform better in slower cars either... didn't seem to happen when I played. I did notice that the opponent AI cars do seem to try match themselves with whatever you're driving though, so maybe you're quicker in a slower car vs the AI than you are in a faster car?

Jenneke88
11-14-2009, 05:58 PM
I took a look at the laptime. When I drive my slow car, I am indeed slower than with my fast car. What's really stupid is, I looked at the cars that the AI were driving when I was driving my fast car and the ones they drive when I'm driving in my slow car. There's no change in the cars that the AI uses. This leads me to believe that the AI lets me win when I drive a slow car. The AI simply slows down when one is driving a slow car. I won the very last race of game, driving a lambourgini gallardo, tier 3 car. Didn't bother buying a tier 4 car for that race, since it's much easier to win when driving a car which is slower than the AI's car.

Strikken101
11-29-2009, 03:06 AM
theres really no story into the game. the other nfs games actually had a plot that was intresting, but shift is just racing on the track like in prostreet (which sucked also). i think that the driving system is dumb and really doesnt apply to the laws of physics. but other then that its pretty.

7.5/10

NUTZILLA313
12-07-2009, 08:07 PM
This game is pretty damn bad. Unbelievable that review sites had the guts to give this a 9/10. That's crazy. I'm guessing those reputable sources gave Damnation a 10/10??? There is no story at all in this one, car customization is bare minimum, visuals are so so, physics are pretty piss poor, there are plenty of glitches. Now its making me debate if I should go back and play nfs undercover. Oh yeah and it has the worst loading times I've ever seen on 360. I had no idea that games could actually take that long to load. Thanks a lot EA.:uzi::eek:

gmorra
12-07-2009, 08:16 PM
i think this NFS is awesome, one of thebest, i didnt think so at the start thou, you have to play it for a bit to get used to it and feel the game lol. i enjoyed it after a couple hours. GRiD was my fav racing game ever!!! lol and was hoping NFS wouldnt change tht but it did, it is loads better thn GRiD.

i give it a 8.5/10

:)

Sorry dude but GRID is 100x better then NFS:SHIT. Grid was soo involved and the music sucked you in during the most intense moments of the race. Not to mention the music at the end of the race that had the power to make you feel like you really accomplished something when winning that 24hrs of Le Mans! I don't think there has ever been better game music in my life, it got me emotionally!

As for the gameplay, well my GOD..What a game! Fantastic physics, this is truly Arcade/Sim done right. The balance is perfect and the challenge was top notch. VERY REWARDING!

The graphics are by far THE BEST graphics for a racing game today! Just check out the cockpit view!!!

Online is this shit! You want a challenge? You got it!;)

GRID=BEAST!

Oh btw... I love the dynamic movie style camera effect they use in GRID as opposed to the hyper realistic view they use for FORZA 3. But I love FORZA 3 too!!!!!!!!!!

master_shake_350
12-08-2009, 05:13 PM
I find the handling in this game god awful! Otherwise its quite fun, I kind of like the fact that the NFS guys have gone to real racing but also kept the crappy drift stuff in.

Painkiller Q8
12-10-2009, 05:26 AM
could not even get it 1k ... suck game .. grrrrrrrr

TknoT
12-16-2009, 02:26 AM
i wouldnt go as far as to say the NFS series is doomed, i rather like the game, the only compliant i have personally is the loading screens which i think everyone can agree with, and also repeditive tracks, each teir u move through ur racing on the same track but with more powerful cars. when it comes to the physics, it feels to me to be about the same as NFS underground, and underground 2. some may not agree but that is the feel im getting. their are a few bugs that need to be fixed. like the first time i tried playing, half way through the career the game lost all my progress, (kept my cars i could go to my garage and upgrade them visualy and performance wise) but it wanted me to start my career over. besides there problems id have to say this is possibly one of the best NFS games i have played, and even though it doesnt hold a torch to some of ur bigger racing sims, i have to give props to slightly mad for the for this hybrid of of arcade and sim. the graphics and sound quality is awesome, and the in car camera gives it an authentic feel, my personal rating, (agreeing with IGN) 9/10.

wolvieware
12-27-2009, 12:43 AM
I've generally enjoyed the NFS series - mindless entertainment on the whole. The last "sim" game they made, Pro Street, however, was bloody awful, and not as bad as Shift.

That's not to say Shift is great, though. I got it for Xmas, and I'm struggling to get into it. I've now unlocked tier 3, but can't afford a car. While the career layout is nice, it doesn't help you in getting good cars, like Forza does.

And the handling is atrocious. Really awkward, heavy but slippy at the same time. Also, the tyres make a horrendous screeching noise.

To be honest, I'm just quickly playing it so's I can trade it in after.

SzilardUK
01-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Today I forced myself to finish off the World Ch'ship after a few months pause. At the start of the first race today I had sounds but a black blank screen... (It was really funny when the pitguy told his usual 'enjoy it' crap.)

Now would anything like that ever happen in Forza3? :cool:

bwfcskillsinhd
11-11-2012, 01:01 AM
got to agree with OP although i aint happy about it! piss poor AI,even on easy youll be minding your own business trying to perform a CLEAN overtake only to get crudely rammed off the track without warning! the duels suck too,again even on easy its hard as nails to beat some of them! i resorted to ramming them off the track (although again the dumb AI made this tricky) just to get the 5 second lead & win.the handling physics in the end drove me mad! not so noticeable early on but once you get deeper into it you become frustrated by them! which brings me onto my final beefs,collisions & barriers/walls.im not joking nearly everytime i was rammed sending me into a spin id always end up facing the wrong way! by the time id reversed or spun back round and rejoined id be vertually last meaning a restart! oh and them fucking walls and barriers,are they magnetic or sumet? coz once you hit em ud stick to them like glue,they wont let go!!! not far to go now just 20 siver,gold,epics to do then bye bye shift,soooo had enough now

Ganondorfadmiral
01-09-2013, 06:27 PM
I find this game tollerable for the most part right up until spinoff 4 opponants its almost impossible to perfect this due to having to guess when to pit the car in front, AI most of the time slow down making you shoot pass, most of the time when you spin an opponant you end up on the dirt and it doesn't count, over times it only registers as a tap out, catching up to the next driver after performing a spin is very difficult due to the fiddly steering in the corners in forza it was possible to speed through the corners when the racing line was yellow and you could hold it on the line with shift even holding the line on green will send you into the dirt.

Also I after looking at these guides there seems to be no real reason to collect all stars correct me if im wrong.

Just noticed theres a spelling mistake in the title can anyone else spot it Need For Speed Shift