PDA

View Full Version : Avoid this game

Oinkness
09-20-2009, 02:32 AM
Take my advice and stay away from this game, even as a rental. Through pain and gritting my teeth I made it to the 5th chapter, but this is one of the worst next-gen games I have ever played. The graphics are decent but that can only get you so far. Plus, they put that gayass noise filter over the WHOLE GAME. I just bought an HDTV for the first time and this is one of the first games I play, which purposely tries to make itself look like shit. That's STUPID.

The controls are unresponsive, and in general work worse than Assassin's Creed which, if you've played it, you know the kind of learning curve it takes to get fluid with the action on that game. That, however, was a great game. This is pure crap. By the time you get to the second rage sequence, you will be ready to mail this one back too. The game is simply unbearable, and actually caused me to lose any faith in this website's reviews... it was the first review I had read from here... and it will be the last too.

There's no way this game is higher than a 4 out of 10.

It's practically unplayable. Nobody plays games on easy unless they're kids, or they bought it and plan on playing through every difficulty. I like a challenge. But there is no challenge to instantly and constantly respawning HORDES of enemies that take 5 shots each to kill. Imagine being surrounded by 30 of these people shooting you and hitting you with clubs, you die in about 4 hits, and there's no healing system. They say if you get a score multiplier you heal, but I was sitting there with a 30x multiplier. It may trickle in tiny bits but not enough to make any difference whatsoever in the game.

The cutscenes and animations they force you to watch ad nauseum after you die 30 times will get you so angry, you will want to break the disc into little pieces. But no, I've got to mail it back... even though it's saturday night... Horrible game has to sit here until Monday.

JieXY
09-20-2009, 02:37 AM
1. You can turn off the noise filter.
2. Controls aren't that bad, I think.
3. In Rage mode, the number you see is not multiplier, but your chain kill count.
4. Try headshot to take out an enemy quickly.
5. Constantly jumping or sliding while shooting make you not that easy to die.
6. If you REALLY don't like it, give up and try something else.

madcap1
09-20-2009, 02:43 AM
The graphics are decent but that can only get you so far. Plus, they put that gayass noise filter over the WHOLE GAME. I just bought an HDTV for the first time and this is one of the first games I play, which purposely tries to make itself look like shit. That's STUPID.

You do know that you can turn the noise filter off in the option menu its under Audio/Video selection. I also have a HDTV and once you turn it off its much better, I dont agree with you with the game I like it, but I will agree the graphics are not the best for next gen. Also I think the reason behind the noise filter was to make it feel more like an old movie like grind house but the game to me is better with it off.

JieXY
09-20-2009, 02:49 AM
You do know that you can turn the noise filter off in the option menu its under Audio/Video selection. I also have a HDTV and once you turn it off its much better, I dont agree with you with the game I like it, but I will agree the graphics are not the best for next gen. Also I think the reason behind the noise filter was to make it feel more like an old movie like grind house but the game to me is better with it off.

That's true. The filter is cool at first, but my eyes feel tired when looking at the graphics for a while. So, turn it off, for long term's sake.

SnowSakura
09-20-2009, 03:33 AM
Arent you the same guy who started complaining about how horrible Star Ocean: The Last Hope is after you couldn't beat a simple horde of Phantom Enemies

Fizzmatix
09-20-2009, 03:45 AM
This has to be one the worst posts i have seen in a while. I don't get why your complaining about the game dynamics, if your can't handle the skill level play it on easy.

This game isn't that challenging, the only thing i have found a little difficult is playing the challenges as the times for a few are a little close cut.

Ranting about the game on here isn't going to get you far as no one likes it when you have to whine about the game to try and get some attention. I know i don't like reading posts like this because someone can't handle the game.

And yes as 3 other people have said you can turn off the noise filter. I personally don't mind it but turn it off when i'm trying to concentrate as the flickering can be a little annoying.

One thing i will agree with you on though is the graphics, they are pretty decent and fit the style of the game. Yes there not amazing compared to gears of war or some of the other high end graphical games, this game really doesn't need to be a fully polished turd. The raw graphics are probably my favorite part of this game.

Next time think before you post, most people come here to find out more about the game, not to find out your angry because you can't handle it.

francois878
09-20-2009, 06:46 AM
why do people do this? Has no-one in the world heard the phrase "If you don't have anything nice to say......" Or at the very least......you don't have to be a prick about it......

m4DD0gg
09-20-2009, 06:57 AM
Agree with some of the OP's comments the controls on this game are so unresponsive it spoils the fast flow to the game - chapter 7 being a prime example when trying to quickly navigate the mine field. Shame

DJBeatMongrel
09-20-2009, 08:55 AM
About the controls, I am god awful at action games most of the time but I'd have to say this games controls are pretty responsive unless you are playing with oven mitts.I like the filter a lot but I did turn it off when hunting for scorpions and in the harder difficulties so i can aim a bit better. As I write this I am near the end of my Golden Bullet play through (third) and am anticipating femme fatale difficulty. You could say I enjoy the experience.

KNIGHTOFSERA
09-20-2009, 09:00 AM
from the demo, scores, and some peoples thoughts I think this is a rental......I wasnt going to buy this ever...I would rather get AC2, borderlands, mw2, odst...I mean the list could go on.............but to say its not even a rental is a little harsh......

Midnight Malice
09-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Another person that bashes a game cause they aren't good at it.
Noise filter off, as stated numerous times, 5x multiplier is max and does refill your health quite fast. If you are dying that much in Rage mode (where you would get your 30 kill streak, then yeah, you probably should give up... enemies are 3x easier to kill in rage. Those HORDES of enemies you talk about... destroy the flaming skulls with swords to stop the spawning, and if you get hit by melee guys, then you aren't playing the game the way it is intended and will get cut down pretty quick... In 3 playthroughs so far I have been killed once by a melee enemy. The controls felt pretty good to me, only occasionally did I have a problem with the responsiveness, the learning curve could be steep for some, but once you break that celing a lot of people will probably hit, you can jump through the air, killing 3-4, slide across the ground killing another 3 or 4, run up the wall and leap off onto a pole and swing across the room killing enemies all the while.... all in fluid artistic beauty. After playing on Golden Bullets and a quick runthrough on easy, I learned so much more about the different ways you can do things, playing on hard without any prior knowledge of the game will probably make you feel the same as the OP.

If you don't like it, that is fine, don't play it but everyone has thier unique experience with video games, and where you may not like it, others might absolutely love it. There are far, far worse games out there, and a lot better games out there, this is in the middle. If you think this game is that horrible, play Darkest of Days... this looks like a Triple A title with GOTY possibility compared to that.

Bombenhagel
09-20-2009, 01:47 PM
How are the controls unresponsive? I never experienced a problem and I just tried "Damnation" and that sir, is unresponsive controls. The graphics are great. Do you expect games to be in 5D, where you are sent back into the your mother's womb with popcorn and controller in hand and are then seated in front of a HDTV? The game can be challenging but not too challenging.

True Marvellous
09-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Avoid the OP's post!!!

mjmaskrey
09-20-2009, 04:19 PM
The game's great...take it for what it is...a violent action no-brainer...and it does it really well imo. I enjoyed it a lot and will play it through several times..but those run and gun challenges are a damn pain!

I hope they do a sequel, even if it's just more of the same i'm in.

:)

Midnight Malice
09-20-2009, 04:25 PM
but those run and gun challenges are a damn pain!

Take it slow the first few times through, learn where ALL the targets are, cause some of them are hard to spot, but pretty easy to shoot. Going slow, I saw a lot of -2's that I would have missed if I just tried to rush through... Crossbow 3 was the hardest for me took several tries, but much easier once you know exactly where to aim before you hit the orange hoop. Also, the "reset target" aim upgrade helps a lot too...

mjmaskrey
09-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Cheers, I have all the upgrades but forgot about the 'reset aim' so will make sure I use it. I have just sped through most runs a few times and whilst getting close-ish timewise there are a few rings where I don't know where the targets are so will do a few recon runs!

:)

xI VARSITY
09-21-2009, 07:09 AM
I'm just pleased I didn't pay for this game, it's ok, but I'd suggest renting, I'm sick of playing games where you have to do multiple playthroughs of campaigns, WET is boring after the first playthrough, It was just like playing a girlie version of STRANGLEHOLD, So Wet is another game that wont get 1000G I'd rather do COD3 on-line, Yawn. So take it from me, save money, don't believe the hype. 3/10 from me overall

This is my opinion. you are entitled to make your own mistakes lol.

hestar
09-21-2009, 12:44 PM
1. You can turn off the noise filter.
2. Controls aren't that bad, I think.
3. In Rage mode, the number you see is not multiplier, but your chain kill count.
4. Try headshot to take out an enemy quickly.
5. Constantly jumping or sliding while shooting make you not that easy to die.
6. If you REALLY don't like it, give up and try something else.

^^ What he said..That noise filter after awhile annoyed me and when you turn it off it's much better.

I disagree with you,Im on chapter 5 myself and I'm loving the game.I guess different strokes for different folks.

Bleeding Star
09-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Avoid the OP's post!!!

Agreed, this game is very fun, Ive rented it and still have it until Friday and Im solidly playing it everyday and even considering buying it when it goes down just to do some challenges

Ive played the game 2 times and on my 3rd playthrough and its still fun

junKeh
09-21-2009, 02:37 PM
It's not that the game is bad, it's that you're a complete noob. And who gives a shit anyway what you think about the game ? You don't like it, okay, no problem, but why are you on the Wet forums telling other people not to play this game ? What are you, 12 ?
Plus, this game must be one of the easiest games of 2009. And I mean the storyline...It's not the best game but it ain't the worst. You could say GI Joe is a crappy game, or Hannah Montana (prolly, never seen any gameplay or smth).

Logiistics
09-21-2009, 03:16 PM
I agree this game is a waste of money, although i didn't buy it xD.

It is really bad, it should of been cancelled in the Activison/Blizzard merger.

Tomeeboy
09-21-2009, 03:31 PM
I don't think this game is bad at all, but it seems people either love it or hate it. I'm halfway through my first playthrough and I'll likely do at least one more (if not all of them). I'm playing it on Fixer (hard) trying to get the 50,000 point balance achievement and upgrade achievements, so it has been a fun, decent challenge. I'm looking forward to actually being able to purchase and use some of the upgrades that are available, so that will keep me interested enough to play it at least one more time.

There are some games that annoy or bore me so much that I really have no interest in playing through them again on newly unlocked modes/difficulty, but so far I can say this is not one of them. Maybe the second half of the game will change my mind, but if it's as short as the first half, I doubt it.

Yungblaknhansum
09-21-2009, 07:30 PM
i love this game. who gives a shit what this guy has to say. i myself think halo 3 was one of the worst games ive ever played.but im not crying about it in its forums.im sure they didnt make this game hoping for a blockbuster 10 out of 10 game of the year.just a game thats fun for a few hours.and the filter is awesome.gives it a grindhouse feel.not a hollywood grindhouse movie like death proof and planter terror,a real low budget grindhouse movie.if he actually ever saw one he would know why the graphics are the way they are.i love this style of game/movie. but maybe thats just me.

Oinkness
09-21-2009, 11:24 PM
I'll give it another chance but it's pretty crap. I've been destroying the spawn mechanisms but they keep spawning from other places and still turn into a huge horde. I land for about 0.5 seconds before the controls let me jump again, and during that 0.5 seconds, I usually get hit by a melee guy twice, which removes about 80% of the health bar -- the remainder removed by distant dudes with pistols. I'm playing the proper way and I'm playing on hard, and I'm not a noob. That's about the most retarded thing anyone could say. The only way to not be a noob with a brand new released game is to have beta-tested it or developed it for months beforehand.

Arent you the same guy who started complaining about how horrible Star Ocean: The Last Hope is after you couldn't beat a horde of Phantom Enemies

Ok, I'll admit it, lazy game developing pisses me off. :P

You may see me on a lot more subforums in the future if game sucks. I'll also be there if the game is good though.

Bonehead152
09-22-2009, 12:14 AM
I can see how this game will get annoying to some really fast, it's already annoying me to the point where I don't even think I can be bothered completing it, I'd much rather trade it in and get ODST tomorrow morning. I'm going to stick with it for a few more hours and see if I can complete it on Hard tonight. Once hard's done, I'll probbaly go through it on easy and get the collectables and maybe the challenges.. but I won't be trying to 1000gp this one.

junKeh
09-22-2009, 04:26 PM
i love this game. who gives a shit what this guy has to say. i myself think halo 3 was one of the worst games ive ever played.but im not crying about it in its forums.im sure they didnt make this game hoping for a blockbuster 10 out of 10 game of the year.just a game thats fun for a few hours.and the filter is awesome.gives it a grindhouse feel.not a hollywood grindhouse movie like death proof and planter terror,a real low budget grindhouse movie.if he actually ever saw one he would know why the graphics are the way they are.i love this style of game/movie. but maybe thats just me.

Halo 3 campaign was shit. Never played multiplayer cause I wasn't interested in it. Halo 3 campaign was walk-shoot-reload-change weapon-repeat till end of game.
Wet is a nice game. Not hoping for GOTY but it's better than many other titles like ... Terminator Salvation or GI Joe. Better than Golden Axe Beastrider. Better than Onechanbara. Those are crappy games.
Anyway I was aiming for 1000/1000 on Wet, but I just don't have enough patience to do the challenges and to finish 3 more playthroughs (Hard, Omega Hard or w/e the name is + Points Count).

Loke Gen
09-24-2009, 12:16 AM
I am soooooooooooooo gay!
Man I was really gritting my teeth when I got 1000G in practically 5 days whilst going to work and college at the same time. If you want an easy 1000 then I guess you should avoid this game if you hate achievements and if you haven't realized by now I'm being ironically sarcastic.

Samtman
09-24-2009, 10:50 AM
I love this game too. Its not perfect some camera angle problems and some unavoidable death until you know what you are supposed to do but its so much fun.

jackanape
09-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Take my advice and stay away from this game, even as a rental. Through pain and gritting my teeth I made it to the 5th chapter, but this is one of the worst next-gen games I have ever played. The graphics are decent but that can only get you so far. Plus, they put that gayass noise filter over the WHOLE GAME. I just bought an HDTV for the first time and this is one of the first games I play, which purposely tries to make itself look like shit. That's STUPID.

The controls are unresponsive, and in general work worse than Assassin's Creed which, if you've played it, you know the kind of learning curve it takes to get fluid with the action on that game. That, however, was a great game. This is pure crap. By the time you get to the second rage sequence, you will be ready to mail this one back too. The game is simply unbearable, and actually caused me to lose any faith in this website's reviews... it was the first review I had read from here... and it will be the last too.

It's practically unplayable. Nobody plays games on easy unless they're kids, or they bought it and plan on playing through every difficulty. I like a challenge. But there is no challenge to instantly and constantly respawning HORDES of enemies that take 5 shots each to kill. Imagine being surrounded by 30 of these people shooting you and hitting you with clubs, you die in about 4 hits, and there's no healing system. They say if you get a score multiplier you heal, but I was sitting there with a 30x multiplier. It may trickle in tiny bits but not enough to make any difference whatsoever in the game.

The cutscenes and animations they force you to watch ad nauseum after you die 30 times will get you so angry, you will want to break the disc into little pieces. But no, I've got to mail it back... even though it's saturday night... Horrible game has to sit here until Monday.

Ha ha, I only just saw this.

Nothing wrong with my review and if you'd bothered to read it in full then I did specifically say that the graphics were pretty poor and that it was probably only going to be a rental at best for the majority of people. No doubt you just looked at the final score and then got on your high horse......

This game is not that bad and I don't know how you can struggle with the controls or the enemies. I played through the game on hard from the off without buying ANY upgrades until about chapter ten - and yet I survived.

I see you have retracted your comments a bit but really you should take a bit more time to play a game before slagging it off and claiming my review was garbage.

Fizzmatix
09-24-2009, 12:21 PM
You may see me on a lot more subforums in the future if game sucks. I'll also be there if the game is good though.

I'm going to assuming your going to post more threads like this in the future, at least i know so i don't have to read them.

I thought the site review was pretty fair. This game isn't hard, after finding 20 minutes yesterday while dealing with a few things i made it up to chapter 4 without any effort what so ever.

Just as a future reference maybe you should play through the whole game at least once on easy so you don't die a million times. Then you could review the game fairly rather than just post a one sided review.

Teh BeZ
09-24-2009, 12:40 PM
The cutscenes and animations they force you to watch ad nauseum after you die 30 times will get you so angry, you will want to break the disc into little pieces. .

If this means what I think it means (when you die and restart you have to watch the cutscene again) I HATE that they should ban this from games - i get to the point where i can resite the words and then after i wanna hang myself lol BUT im still getting this game :P looks amazing and demo was KICK ASS!

ErmacVersion1
09-24-2009, 12:50 PM
If this means what I think it means (when you die and restart you have to watch the cutscene again) I HATE that they should ban this from games - i get to the point where i can resite the words and then after i wanna hang myself lol BUT im still getting this game :P looks amazing and demo was KICK ASS! They only did it to make it look more like you were watching a cheesy 70's flick at the drive in dude. It's more for show than anything else. Some of those ads are just so dumb they are funny. Like the Chilly Dilly Pickle and the hot dog. They made me laugh everytime I saw them. Anyways, I had a huge amount of frustration playing this game on Fixer, but once I started on Femme Fatale, I was amazed how much easier the game was. I enjoyed this game and do hope for a sequal. Granted some things need to be fixed a bit, but what game doesn't have bugs that need worked out before a sequal?

Teh BeZ
09-24-2009, 03:44 PM
They only did it to make it look more like you were watching a cheesy 70's flick at the drive in dude. It's more for show than anything else. Some of those ads are just so dumb they are funny. Like the Chilly Dilly Pickle and the hot dog. They made me laugh everytime I saw them. Anyways, I had a huge amount of frustration playing this game on Fixer, but once I started on Femme Fatale, I was amazed how much easier the game was. I enjoyed this game and do hope for a sequal. Granted some things need to be fixed a bit, but what game doesn't have bugs that need worked out before a sequal?

I wasn't meaning having cut-scenes in general, i always watch them - for the story. I was meaning when they make you watch a cut-scene every time you die and have to restart a chapter/checkpoint and you cant skip it.

kind of like gears 1 with the talking on the intercom thingy.

ErmacVersion1
09-24-2009, 05:06 PM
I wasn't meaning having cut-scenes in general, i always watch them - for the story. I was meaning when they make you watch a cut-scene every time you die and have to restart a chapter/checkpoint and you cant skip it.

kind of like gears 1 with the talking on the intercom thingy. Ohhh, in that case yes I agree fully. If not that, then you should be able to skip it at least.

Midnight Malice
09-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Those cheesy advertisement ones, and some of the other ones are put in place instead of a loading screen. Everytime you can skip a cutscene that means the game is loaded. There are some that you can't skip even though they are long, but the majority of unskipable ones are for loading.

J Lew332
09-25-2009, 11:51 AM
I was a little let down by this game. I may do one more playthrough on hard to get the 250 kills with shotgun and smg and upgrading all my stuff, then just trade it in.

Kashla
09-25-2009, 06:11 PM

No comment on the noise filter. you've been told enough.

Assassin's creed did NOT have hard controls or a steep learning curve. Neither does WET. Sure occasionally Rubi wouldn't jump when I told her to, but that is usually cause she hadn't finished getting up from the slide I just did. The possible acrobatic combos you can do is astounding.

This game would get an 8 easy from me.

I play through most games on easy 1st. A first playthrough on easy is important.
1. It lets me judge how well I handle the controls in a semi non-threatening environment. If I fail at the controls, then I don't have the frustration of dying all the time, and I know I won't be able to handle harder difficulties.
2. You learn general locations of enemies and you can practice different ways to take down particularly tough foes.
3. I can see the storyline on easy, 'cause I ignore cutscenes a lot on hard because I want to focus on what I'm doing, not what's being said.
Both are essential if you want to conquer harder difficulties. To jump into a game you have never played on hard the 1st time is stupid unless you are just godly at that genre, and even then there's no garuntee you'll survive.

They don't respawn forever, and arenas are great for farming points to get upgrades as early as possible. If you don't want to look at them, 3 sword hits to the skull near the door closes it and no more will spawn.

And you must be crazy to say there is no regen system. Health can be recovered in 3 ways:
1. Take a swig. they're all over and not hard to find.
2. In rage mode, you regen HP constantly, no matter what your chain count is (btw, anyone with a working brain can see in rage mode it is a kill chain, i mean, come on. it goes up by one for each kill you get. not rocket scienece).
3. Having a multiplier. Even if it is a 1x (meaning no bonus) you regen hp. The higher the number (to a max of 5), the faster it regens. So even if you kill one enemy you'll get like 2-3 seconds of slow regen. And since you should be constantly killing enemies, a multiplier should almost always be active, allowing you to regen.

If you're refering to the cutscenes where you have to hit buttons, then you fail if you died 30 times. If you die, the scene starts over. The buttons you have to hit and the time you have to hit them doesn't change. If you can't remember what happened 5 seconds ago, then you should quit gaming all together. And you have like 3 seconds once it appears to hit the button (usually). That's an eternity in time when you only need to focus on a letter that appears in the center of your screen. And you have an HDTV? You should see the letter clearer than many others, yet you fail where they don't? Please.

Flyin' Chipmunks
09-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Well I Think Its A Great Game :D x

Natz
09-26-2009, 06:44 PM
I just got this game i have HDTV and find nothing wrong with the graphics or sound, i think its cool that they have made it old fashion looking. My brother had a bad problem with health when he tryed it but he wasnt really jumping etc he was just standing around most of the time shooting while i jump around like a monkey on drugs! never out of slow motion mode.

The only problem i have with the game is getting around, id jump to soon or miss a ledge or jump to slow-mo kill and fall to my death i think i had to repeat the rooftop part on the first level 16 times untill i got it done :S

so its a good game just a bit fustrating repeating a chapter so much

-Requiem-
09-27-2009, 12:21 AM
No.
Shutup.

Dz06lt
09-27-2009, 12:52 AM
based on reviews and the demo id have to say i agree sadly i was hoping for more from this one

Schreckofant
09-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Well I Think Its A Great Game :D x
Indeed ... I love it. Even after playing every Chapter 4 to 5 times it's more fun than most other games these days.

Daiphyer.
09-27-2009, 08:31 PM
No.
Shutup.

Hahahaha, Laughing out loud :D

I don't know about this game, but from what I've seen in reviews, the graphics are annoying, maybe it's the quality of video, I don't know.

nel e nel
09-27-2009, 09:51 PM
playing on hard without any prior knowledge of the game will probably make you feel the same as the OP.

quoted for truth, I'm kinda regretting doing my first runthrough on Hard as it took me (and is still taking me) a while to get the controls down pat. But I'm committed now and gonna see it through. You have to be flawless on those arena stages, and I'm more of a button mashing player so it takes me several tries on the later chapters.

asdf123
09-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Played on normal the first time and it took a while before i started enjoying it, was so incredibly frustrated purely because i couldnt handle the acrobatics, when i play the point challenges now its FUN, i love listening to that song "murder on my mind" while the carnage is going on :p but that said i have had more cheap deaths in this game than combined for as long as i can remember all together in others, and 2 playthroughs is more than enough

-Sonic-
09-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Bah. Games not that bad. I found it refreshingly different.

Tarliyn
09-29-2009, 04:39 PM
I am not that far into the game but I think it is great. I am playing through on hard right now and though it took me a bit to get things down I got it now and am really enjoying it. Also I dont see why everyone is complaining about the graphics I dont think they are that bad. Not great, but not that bad either; and the soundtrack is awesome.

Yungblaknhansum
09-29-2009, 07:25 PM
i loved this game,i got the full 1000 a few days ago and i didnt get bored of it once in the 4 playthroughs i did.although i will say its much to short for a full 60 dollar retail price.wish i would of got it from gamefly since the full 1000 only took about 5 days.

DENAz666
09-30-2009, 06:51 AM
lol another person telling me how to spend my money, how do you know that i will not enjoy this game for starters? Why should i take your advice when by the looks of it you haven't even tried to enjoy it, i mean you complain about the noise filter, yet don't even check the options to see if you can turn it off?

You compare it to Assasin's Creed, yet the movement in that game was great. Especially seeing as it was one of the first attempts at such movement.

Your complaining about enemies too hard to kill? Shoot them in the head... simple.

In all honesty it just looks as if your focusing entirely on the few small problems with this game, which with a bit of 'skill' shouldn't be problems at all.

hyourinnmaru
10-10-2009, 06:09 PM
you only will enjoy this game if you master the moves, i completed, loved it, will do 1000 on it, and hope they make a sequel
;)

Powerman1469
10-10-2009, 06:36 PM
game is kickass, sweet soundtrack to. you just suck ^^

Yellow_Dragon
10-11-2009, 12:57 AM
I loved the demo and enjoyed the game itself, I've just got the last achievement for it 1000/1000 :P

i Eat Kittenzx
10-11-2009, 03:58 AM
Talk about Bitching lol if you don't like it don't play it it's as simple as that i for one think the game is not that bad just because you cant do something in the game doesn't mean its shit it means your shit.

x0SugarBear0x
10-11-2009, 04:06 AM
I quite liked the demo for this game and I was seriously thinking about buying it, but is it really that bad? Alot of other people don't seem to think so. I can't really see what can be so bad about being a badass with a sword in slow motion? Seriously?

-Sugar

OMGitsPatwtf
10-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Im sorry but I have to agree, I have played a shit ton of bad games on my quest to 100k but this has to be one of the worst.I cant bring my self to finsh the first lv.

francois878
10-11-2009, 11:05 PM
well that's good....maybe you should just stay in your mom's basement and get more gamerscore instead of going on these forums, you tool!

monndo
10-12-2009, 02:49 AM
honestly i kicked ass on this game, i rented it friday night and i finished it earlier today around 4 and not playing all day and on hard. It's really fun..especially the Rage sections of the game..best parts honestly..never seen something like it. i died quite a bit on certain parts but in the end you just gotta play smart..as in hitting B right before you land to go from a jump to a slide..you can almost constantly be in slo-mo...and if you still cant progress with almost infinite slo-mo then id say maybe try an old ps2 dragon ball z game..idk maybe that will ease the trouble

its delicious
10-12-2009, 06:35 AM
From the demo, this game looks and plays an awful lot like (John Woo Presents) Stranglehold. It's not a bad thing, especially if WET avoids the Hard Boiled difficulty... :D

Edit: Oh, they got cute and invented new difficulties... WET, I'll see you in the discount bin!

Yellow_Dragon
10-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Delicious, I could not see any real difference between all the difficulty levels. They are all easy. I completed the Ultra Hard mode in 5 hours.

hype
10-26-2009, 11:47 PM
LOL @ unresponsive controls...that's probably your controller, jackass.

-n- what the fuck difficulty were u playin on that it was so hard for u to get to Chapter 5? it took me like 2 hours to get there on normal...the only thing i could really justify complaining about is the lack of option to restart the whole chapter (if you're searching for the monkeys -n- accidentally miss one for instance...), otherwise, it's really not that difficult of a game unless you're a total retard.

i mean, opinion is opinion, but your reasons for not liking the game are more like "spoiled little bitchy brat" whining. next time do us all a favor -n- just return the fuckin game without posting.

Madfrog0
11-04-2009, 04:28 AM
i heard it was bad, but im giving it a try.

Ex-Player360
11-04-2009, 08:54 AM
yes its bad graphic

but the gameplay cool

make u dont think of the graphic

granite
11-07-2009, 12:07 AM
i totally disagree with you granted the game has a few minor annoyances but overall this is a great, highly enjoyable game.

Elektrohazard
11-28-2009, 05:15 PM
G4 and Game informer told me the same things. Voted by many as "garbage game of the year" but the demo told me different, and then the game itself was great. It's not one of the most amazing games all time, but it's worth every penny spent.

Video games aren't just about legalistic.

RazerindemiX
11-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Well i have just started play on this game today read this post and yes the graphics arnt top notch sec-gen cutting edge but Fantastic graphics dont equell Fantastic game just as a game with graphics that are ok & up2scatch can equell a good to excellent game cos iv'e only done the frist few chapters & i'm hooked with the gameplay and am enjoying this game :uzi:

DocRevolt
09-02-2010, 07:36 PM
You mad bro?

KoHSilence
09-28-2010, 03:02 PM

[FAIL]
and thats all I'm going to say lmao.

Mr Matty
10-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Ha HA the controls are unresponsive there bloody too responsive and yeah i started it on easy on twats with no brains start a game they have never played before on anything else

Simisan
10-12-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm on my second playthrough and am really enjoying this game. I'm very glad I didn't avoid it!

Ashunera
10-25-2010, 08:20 PM
The game is decent in my opinion , i do not hate the game nor i like it
i beated the game in 6 hours , almost 7
the graphics , its oldschool theme , it isn't bad , its unique on this game
also the music is good :D

the gameplay , well you get used to it , but always doing the game thing over and over again , slide or jump and kill

the worst thing about this game is the story -_-

Married2Mary
11-23-2010, 07:21 AM
agreed with the guy above good rental buy only if it was nothing else to buy.

raidenhardcore
03-08-2011, 06:56 PM
The controls are awful and this game has some really annoying jumping parts especially on chapter 11? where you have to wall run and jump to avoid flames I died more times than i can count, totally uninspiring story and characters..need i say more?

chrisk62
07-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Ive finally just finished getting all 1000G on WET :woop:. The game definetely has mixed reviews everywhere you look. Personally I liked the game, not the greatest game iver ever played but it was enjoyable enough to make me play 4 playthroughs to get all the achievements.

In all honesty, I did find the game quite hard on hardest & ultra-hard level but thankfully there are various checkpoints throughout each level. The boneyard challenges were quite frankly a BITCH !!! the target times to get the gold awards cut it very close to no-room-for-error on most of them but just like everything else, practice makes perfect ;).

Oh, and the controls seemed fine to me. In my opinion, if you have played a bit of any Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed game then you will feel right at home with the wall climbing/swinging on poles parts.

pedgz
09-24-2012, 10:11 PM
i quite enjoyed playing it last year. the boneyard challenges were... challenging. 100%'ng this game was worth it.

Hoborg
10-10-2012, 01:58 AM
I actually have some fond memories of this. Loved the art style and the music. Sure it had some serious flaws like the airplane sequence but don't let that spoil this gem of a game.

Morbious17
11-22-2012, 09:30 AM
I have to agree that this game is garbage.

Edit: To be fair, I'm only talking about the controls, some of the mechanics, and some of the logic.

Cooljoe
05-26-2013, 12:14 AM
The game is good fun and at 10 bucks it's a steal today. I think we can all agree though it is underachieving for a Bethesda made game.

Sophia Hyakato
05-31-2013, 02:14 AM
I guess I must be in the minority then. This was the first game I bought for my Xbox (bought it on release day) and I still play it today. I enjoy this game, although I agree that it is not for everyone.

Leslie630
05-31-2013, 02:37 AM
I agree this game is a waste of money, although i didn't buy it xD.

Oakley Sunglasses (http://www.menfolksunglasses.com)

http://mpe.cmisoftware.com/6.jpghttp://mpe.cmisoftware.com/7.jpghttp://mpe.cmisoftware.com/8.jpghttp://mpe.cmisoftware.com/9.jpg

Neutralicer
12-29-2013, 08:05 PM
This is one of those games that I wasn't impressed with when I first tried it. Gave it another go recently and enjoyed it. Definitely helps to keep moving and sliding. Its worth $10 in my opinion.