PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLI - Game Day Thread

Nodogg
02-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Here it is guys. If you want to talk about today's game, you can do it here!

Colts by 10+ :Bounce:

The Pants Party
02-04-2007, 02:34 PM
I love Da Bears, Urlacher is one of my favorite players, but Grossman's a big ol' tool, so I don't want him to have it. Manning on the other hand definitely deserves it, so I'm going to root for them.

graemelunn
02-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Still hurts that the Pats aren't there - but for one day only - GO COLTS - and please Peyton, don't choke, it's just another game with about 100 million people watching - no biggie!

Shaaady Souljah
02-04-2007, 06:41 PM
i have always agreed with "defense wins games".... but i am a rival of the bears, sooooo... GO COLTS.

Krazie
02-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Definitely going for the Colts, Peyton deserves it much more than Rex does..

ErosenninSama
02-04-2007, 07:56 PM
I have to say with the rainy weather we could see a large number of int. from rex and peyton. What i think the game changer is going to be is t. jones and j. addai they will need to have sure hands and not fumble to that o so god like D of the bears, on the other side fierce playoff D from the colts have dwight and mcfarland will have cedric stuffed and if harper and bob sanders stay healthy bears will be totally shut down due to the lack of proficiency of rex in key game situations long story short...

34-31 Colts

PerpetualHeaven
02-04-2007, 08:29 PM
What most people don't understand is that the bears aren't half the team the ravens are. The Ravens defense and offense is much better then the bears. Also McNair is much better then Grossman and they were stopped. So my prediction is for the colts. Bears have no chance in hell. Bears played in a bad conference and lost to bad teams. Rex is streakier then my underwear.

Score? 34-7 colts. I know blowout and i'm calling it.

Im a Manatee
02-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Looks like it's 14 Chi and 6 Colts. The colts are going to comeback.

And Devin Hester, OH SNAP.

Spot2009
02-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Anyone like those 2 fumbles back to back? Yeah, Hester owned it up w/ that kickoff return.

16 Colts - 14 Bears
2nd quarter

Jordan7182002
02-05-2007, 01:11 AM
Its been one ugly game. Only good part was Hester TD at the open. Other than that BORING....Rex is being Rex tonight.

GO BEARS!

RadicalSniper99
02-05-2007, 01:12 AM
This just keeps getting better.

I want the Colts to pull a lot more ahead.

I just wish there wasn't such a terrible halftime show. Who actually wanted to have him perform. Anyone?

Jordan7182002
02-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Prince is the show because everyone knows he will not do anything to get CBS in trouble. He is a Jehovas Witness now...

Jordan7182002
02-05-2007, 01:48 AM
Man on man...commercials are better than this game. Bears are playing like total crap and do not look like a SB team. Funny thing is, Ohio St ran back the open kick and lost 41-14...maybe its bad luck.

Cause
02-05-2007, 02:59 AM
Congrads colts fan you deserve it

Spot2009
02-05-2007, 03:00 AM
Man, that was good - 29 - 17, Colts won.

Biggest margin in Superbowl.

Cause
02-05-2007, 03:02 AM
Bears played like shit. The colts ran all over them. Peyton manning deserves the ring. Dont worry i can adimit i was wrong. I did pick the bears but i guess thomas jones can't do it all by himself

razzleson
02-05-2007, 03:04 AM
-sigh- I could have cared less about who won. But I made a drunken bet on the Bears and lost myself $10. Damn you Grossman :(

L3giOn
02-05-2007, 03:04 AM
I think we all saw that coming, Congrats Colts! And the commercials sucked this year.:( The only one I thought was funny was the beard comb over one...

razzleson
02-05-2007, 03:05 AM
I agree, bask in the glory. Worst rated running defense and you did pretty damn shabby IMO.

PerpetualHeaven
02-05-2007, 03:05 AM
If anyone thought the bears were going to win, they were only kidding themselves. Ravens were 10x the team the Bears were and they lost to the Colts.

This also proves that Bob Sanders makes a huge difference. Manning played like a real champ today. He threw an INT then he started moving the chains. He made key throws and called all the right plays. I love how he switched a lot of his plays to runs and let Rhodes and Addai take it over. Also, Addai was amazing. A lot of rushing and receiving yards for that guy.

All in all, I never doubted the colts were going to win. They beat the Patroits and Ravens who both were better on offense and defense then the bears, and the colts beat them both. That's life though. Rex will get better with time though and he'll get his ring.

PerpetualHeaven
02-05-2007, 03:07 AM
I agree, bask in the glory. Worst rated running defense and you did pretty damn shabby IMO.

Worst rated without Bob Sanders. He made the biggest difference in the world. His speed, agility, and strength is almost unmatched. He's going to be the best safety in the league in a few years. His presence on defense makes his entire defense play that much better. His play today was just astounding.

I N64 I MaRiO
02-05-2007, 03:07 AM
:woop: :woop: :woop: :woop:

COLTS!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO

and the first african american coach to win SUPERBOWL:Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce:

im so excited.. but damn its over:( do they have re-runs?i wanna watch....well.. it kinda kills the point since i know whats going to happen but I WANNA WATCH COLTS OWWWN da bears:Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce:

p.s. im with legion, those commercials did suck

Cause
02-05-2007, 03:08 AM
Worst rated without Bob Sanders. He made the biggest difference in the world. His speed, agility, and strength is almost unmatched. He's going to be the best safety in the league in a few years. His presence on defense makes his entire defense play that much better. His play today was just astounding.
be honest though when the bears scored 2 fast touchdowns yall were getting nervous

Nodogg
02-05-2007, 03:08 AM
Way to go Colts! WOOHOO!! I called it, keep it away from Hester and we win 10+

Nodogg
02-05-2007, 03:10 AM
be honest though when the bears scored 2 fast touchdowns yall were getting nervous

Sorry bro! You're wrong. I wasn't nervous. I was scared shitless!! :eek:

PerpetualHeaven
02-05-2007, 03:10 AM

Nope, I wasn't nervous. It was only 14 seconds into the first. If you can beat the pats down 21-7, I'm pretty sure you can bring anything back. It was way to early in the game to worry about anything.

Cause
02-05-2007, 03:16 AM
All i got to say is BYE BYE GROSMAN :nana
Hello Brian Griese !!!!!

Nodogg
02-05-2007, 03:21 AM
I'd put in Kyle Orton

PerpetualHeaven
02-05-2007, 03:22 AM
All i got to say is BYE BYE GROSMAN :nana
Hello Brian Griese !!!!!

Nah, you're flipping crazy. They won't get rid of Grossman. If that were true, bye bye Philip Rivers and why did they keep Big Ben?

Rex is young and this was his first season and first superbowl. You cannot toss a younging like him out after a loss. He was inexperienced and he still has to develop certain abilities. He has a great arm and accuracy when he's in the zone but today he wasn't.

Also, that one INT by bob sanders was not his fault. That was incredible speed and timing by him. Grossman's staying 100%. He's too good and too young to throw away. He'll start next season and I think he'll come back a new man. Happened to big ben his first year, and he came back and won a super bowl.

edit: I don't see why you guys are such haters. Why aren't we hating on Alex Smith or Matt Leinhart? They're all young players and you guys blast away at young players like they're suddenly suppose to be Joe Montana or Dan Marino. I don't see why your expectations out of inexperienced players are so high.

Cause
02-05-2007, 03:26 AM
Nah, you're flipping crazy. They won't get rid of Grossman. If that were true, bye bye Philip Rivers and why did they keep Big Ben?

Rex is young and this was his first season and first superbowl. You cannot toss a younging like him out after a loss. He was inexperienced and he still has to develop certain abilities. He has a great arm and accuracy when he's in the zone but today he wasn't.

Also, that one INT by bob sanders was not his fault. That was incredible speed and timing by him. Grossman's staying 100%. He's too good and too young to throw away. He'll start next season and I think he'll come back a new man. Happened to big ben his first year, and he came back and won a super bowl.

edit: I don't see why you guys are such haters. Why aren't we hating on Alex Smith or Matt Leinhart? They're all young players and you guys blast away at young players like they're suddenly suppose to be Joe Montana or Dan Marino. I don't see why your expectations out of inexperienced players are so high.
that's true but what happened to ben this year????? Plus you got to think of it this way. Ben has a lot more weapons that Rex does. All i know is thomas jones is the only reason why they kept in that game. The colts just manhandled the bears there ant nothing more i can say about it. Congrats colts.

Fonkey Monkey
02-05-2007, 03:36 AM
Was a really good game. That first quarter was the best I've ever seen. Deffinetley a huge step up from last years snooze-fest of a "super" bowl.

PerpetualHeaven
02-05-2007, 03:46 AM
that's true but what happened to ben this year????? Plus you got to think of it this way. Ben has a lot more weapons that Rex does. All i know is thomas jones is the only reason why they kept in that game. The colts just manhandled the bears there ant nothing more i can say about it. Congrats colts.

Ben has a ring and he didn't play well because he was smart enough to get himself into a motorcycle accident. It's tough to comeback from a broken jaw. Regardless, if they threw Ben away after his first year they wouldn't have won a super bowl. You can't toss young players out like that. It takes time for players to develop. Honestly if Philip Rivers was a little more developed, the chargers would have won but he wasn't. It takes time that's all.

You can't put everything on Rex. The conditions, the experience, everything was just brand new to him and his defense didn't pull through either. Manning was keeping that defense guessing a lot and he managed his team properly and moved the chains. Look at the time of possession it's just insanely different. Manning kept the ball in his possession and that's it. It's not only Grossman's fault. He's young and inexperienced. I think in a 2-3 years he'll be an awesome QB just like the younger guys like Alex Smith, Aardon Rodgers, Lienhart, etc. Time is of the essence. Throwing out a young QB could potentially screw up his career and now you're screwed out of money and a future-proof QB.

Shaaady Souljah
02-05-2007, 04:16 AM
very good game, for the most part... the very beginning quarter or so was the best super bowl, in terms of entertainment, in recent memory.

manning did not have impressive stats, but he lead his team as he needed to and is obviously the most irreplaceable part of the team...thus, he was the choice for mvp.

the monkey is off your back, peyton!!!! nicely done.

PerpetualHeaven
02-05-2007, 04:21 AM
very good game, for the most part... the very beginning quarter or so was the best super bowl, in terms of entertainment, in recent memory.

manning did not have impressive stats, but he lead his team as he needed to and is obviously the most irreplaceable part of the team...thus, he was the choice for mvp.

the monkey is off your back, peyton!!!! nicely done.

Yeah his stats weren't great, but they don't show how many play changes and calls he made or his no huddle plays or how many first downs he threw. He was just incredible in that game. He had everyone on the bears defense confused. He's just so damn good. I think now that he has that monkey off his back, you'll see a new manning in playoffs now. Confident and excellent form. Plus, if Bob Sanders can stay healthy I think the colts team has a bright future ahead of them.

Shaaady Souljah
02-05-2007, 04:32 AM
yeah, if that defense holds together, the Colts will be a scary team to face for years to come....even though they have been already.

PerpetualHeaven
02-05-2007, 04:39 AM
yeah, if that defense holds together, the Colts will be a scary team to face for years to come....even though they have been already.

I'm still astounded on how Bob Sanders made this much of a difference. Their defense was just insane.

Zef
02-05-2007, 03:46 PM
I watched the game from the 2nd, around when the score was 6-14. Apparently it was live, but it took ITV 45 minutes to carry on once Prince had buggered off.

As I said in the other thread, I'm converted to the Colts so next time I am stateside I will have to hunt down a jersey for myself =D

The strange thing was I knew what was going on thanks to Madden 06.

Monsterbox
02-05-2007, 06:08 PM
The strange thing was I knew what was going on thanks to Madden 06.
At least Madden is good for something these days. Lord knows his commentary isn't worth a damn.

Did Boomer call it or what? For anyone who didn't see the pre-game with James Brown, Boomer Esiason, Dan Marino and Shannon Sharpe; they all picked who they expected to win the game. They all went with Indy, but Boomer said it would be Indy by a score of 31-17.

Incidentally, I find it ironic how Shannon has been talking all along about how defense wins championships, but he still picked the Colts to come out on top. The more I hear him the more I just want him to shut the hell up.