PDA

View Full Version : Thing Unavailable?

Kelekin
09-20-2009, 10:10 AM
So, my friend and I have finished our co-op playthrough and I wanted to run through the 276 fusions, and then I realized that Thing is unavailable. Anyone else having this issue? I've seen no mention of it. Also, I don't know if it's relevant, but our playthrough forced us to skip an entire 5% of the story so I'm not sure if that portion of the story was relevant to this.

Any help is appreciated.

Dave02
09-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Im not haveing any problems with anything not unlocking or any achievements. Sorry I dont know what to tell you but that I wasnt have any problems. Sorry I wasnt a big help.

Voxael
09-20-2009, 01:09 PM
The Thing is unlocked in the Anti-Reg story-line ... and I think it's dependent on conversational choices (I was aggressive the whole cut-scene if that helps).

On your co-op did you do Pro-Reg? Because that might be your problem ... unless you still encounter him in that story-line...?

Midnight Malice
09-20-2009, 01:44 PM
He is actually unlocked in either storyline. All the unlockable characters you encounter throughout the game are the same regardless of storyline (not counting the big 3 for each choice Ironman, Songbird, Mr. Fantastic, Capt. America, Luke Cage, Iron Fist) Pro or Anti all others show up at the same place, and you have pretty much the same convo with them on either side. And I don't think convo choices matter either, no matter what you say, they still seem to unlock.

Is it possible that you loaded a previous save at a point where he is unavailable? Maybe try running through that mission in the simulator the Anti Reg mission where you find him is Convoy Strike: Truckin', and the Pro Reg is Guard Duty: Road Work. Try that, u should be able to unlock him from the simulator. If that doesn't work.... Don't know what to tell you.

Kelekin
09-20-2009, 08:53 PM
He is actually unlocked in either storyline. All the unlockable characters you encounter throughout the game are the same regardless of storyline (not counting the big 3 for each choice Ironman, Songbird, Mr. Fantastic, Capt. America, Luke Cage, Iron Fist) Pro or Anti all others show up at the same place, and you have pretty much the same convo with them on either side. And I don't think convo choices matter either, no matter what you say, they still seem to unlock.

Is it possible that you loaded a previous save at a point where he is unavailable? Maybe try running through that mission in the simulator the Anti Reg mission where you find him is Convoy Strike: Truckin', and the Pro Reg is Guard Duty: Road Work. Try that, u should be able to unlock him from the simulator. If that doesn't work.... Don't know what to tell you.

That pretty much explained it right there, thanks Malice. The problem was that our game skipped Guard Duty. Completely.

AnonymousFriend
09-21-2009, 04:09 AM
Mine did the same thing. It goes from HQ: Shield 2 straight to HQ: Shield 3. I think I may have did those two HQs back to back while messing around in the SIM.

pmWolf
05-14-2010, 12:30 PM
YUP....that's exactly what happened with my game. Jumped from Whitestar HQ 2 straight to Whitestar HQ3.

Now, I'm midway through Act III, and Thing is STILL unavailable.

Can I use the Unlock All Characters code? Will that disable achievements? Will it make "unavailable" characters available?

pmWolf