PDA

View Full Version : Sgt. Johnson Pre-Order Code Help.

Strongbow
09-20-2009, 12:59 PM
I pre-ordered Halo 3: ODST months ago at GAME.co.uk and it's just been dispatched today but I am yet to recieve my code, codes from GAME, Amazon and Play.com usually come by email before the game has been dispatched, can anyone tell me if they have recieved their codes or if the codes get posted out with the game.

Thanks

JackieChan73
09-20-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm in the exact same boat. Ordered 3 months ago, got emails this weekend and today was dispatched. When i ordered it said that the unlock code was part of it, but now there is no mention of it on the website... And my emails said nothing about it either, any help would be great!

Strongbow
09-20-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm in the exact same boat. Ordered 3 months ago, got emails this weekend and today was dispatched. When i ordered it said that the unlock code was part of it, but now there is no mention of it on the website... And my emails said nothing about it either, any help would be great!

Thanks, at least I'm not on my own with this, I've just looked over at GAME.co.uk and your right they have wiped anything to do with the pre-order bonus of the website, it doesn't even mention it anymore.

HalfEVILmonkey
09-20-2009, 01:54 PM
man that sucks. I hope that doesnt happen to us here in the states when it comes out this week. Good luck getting your code!

Strongbow
09-20-2009, 02:03 PM
man that sucks. I hope that doesnt happen to us here in the states when it comes out this week. Good luck getting your code!

Cheers mate, you to.

robnroll
09-20-2009, 02:21 PM
im pretty sure its like the flaming warthog in halo wars its a code in the actual game box like many extras.

MCurley
09-20-2009, 02:24 PM
im pretty sure its like the flaming warthog in halo wars its a code in the actual game box like many extras.
They come separate.

nappster187
09-20-2009, 02:28 PM
this is why i pre order games at retail stores...that sux, i can see if i can get codes since i work at best buy and have tons of preorders

JackieChan73
09-20-2009, 02:38 PM
i think i still have the original email when i preordered which says about the code, so il have proof. they may just have taken it down now cos they ran out? Wait until we get ours, il post back here and say if i get it.

Strongbow
09-20-2009, 02:42 PM
i think i still have the original email when i preordered which says about the code, so il have proof. they may just have taken it down now cos they ran out? Wait until we get ours, il post back here and say if i get it.

Ok mate, I'll do the same.

Sniper Riflez
09-20-2009, 02:45 PM
I remember reading they will e-mail it to you 2 days after release, kinda homo but w/e.

I'm probably going to sell mine anyways.

Strongbow
09-20-2009, 02:58 PM
I remember reading they will e-mail it to you 2 days after release, kinda homo but w/e.

I'm probably going to sell mine anyways.

From Game.co.uk? They never said that in my email all my pre-order offers get emailed to me before despatch except this one.

Eln1kk0
09-20-2009, 03:00 PM
You should recieve your code within 10 buisness days after the games release. If your still waiting on your code after the 10 days, contact the store you ordered it from and they will be able to sort it.

Gothikaspawn
09-20-2009, 04:21 PM
I've ordered it from play.com ordered it months ago, it sas sent off friay morning havnt got an email yet i supsect they will be sent monday or tuesday

Elit3 m0nkey
09-20-2009, 04:30 PM
this is why i pre order games at retail stores

Thats exactly what I was going to say.

Strongbow
09-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Thats exactly what I was going to say.

Well out of about 30 games I have pre-ordered from GAME.co.uk this is the first one thats had a problem (the code may still come), I usually get the game's I order 1-2 days before release, it's free delivery, I get points after each purchase to get my next games cheaper and there is always a bonus code or item free, so I wouldn't have it any other way.

So here's hoping I won't get let down and GAME send out emails Monday or Tuesday.

Tufty
09-20-2009, 05:56 PM
I just pre orderd mine today so i hape i get the code.

jd070993
09-20-2009, 07:49 PM
At Play.com, they say that the codes will be sent on the week of release.

This may apply to GAME.

Hopefully, my copy of the game should arrive tomorrow, since it was dispatched on Friday, but if not, Tuesday it shall be.

JackieChan73
09-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Update: I checked my past emails and nowhere in any of the 6+ emails i have gotten does it mention the sgt johnson preorder code at all. So I don't have proof.... But as with the OP when i ordered (early june) it said i would get the code. I will complain if i don't though. Hopefully it won't come to that.

gamerguy69
09-20-2009, 09:23 PM
I've ordered it from play.com ordered it months ago, it sas sent off friay morning havnt got an email yet i supsect they will be sent monday or tuesday

I know that NewEgg.com had the "within 10 days of the game's release" in their fine print details. People around here seem really impatient though. The XBL MarketPlace may not even be set-up to accept the codes as of yet. We are still 24+ hours from release.

With so many copies of the game having been sold early this is the one thing MS is actually making everyone wait for perhaps.

Tiberian
09-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks, at least I'm not on my own with this, I've just looked over at GAME.co.uk and your right they have wiped anything to do with the pre-order bonus of the website, it doesn't even mention it anymore.

They've done the same on Amazon.co.uk. I'm not too worried about losing Johnson but its pretty pathetic promising it with all preorders and then taking it away at the last minute, without mentioning why or notifying anyone.

Even if they are just doing this for "late" preorders, all orders between now and release and still classified as preorders, so they shouldn't be able to remove it.

However, when it was written on Amazon.co.uk, it did say the email would be sent up to 10 days after the game has been dispatched. Now i can't back this up, since obviously Amazon has wiped all trace of it being offered.

II M1CK3H II
09-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Most websites delay the code despatch now, as people used to pre order games and then cancel the pre order as soon as they had their codes.

For example, i pre ordered World at War ages ago, just for the free beta codes, then cancelled it. But people did this for more valuable codes and sold them on ebay.

Shy Knee
09-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Got mine via email from gameplay.co.uk on Friday and redeemed it the same day, so it's definitely on the marketplace.

Strongbow
09-21-2009, 08:14 AM
I got the Code, go check your emails guys.

Stalkah
09-21-2009, 09:33 AM
I got the e-mail tofay. :o

JackieChan73
09-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Yerp i got it w00t. Hey, feel free to add CallumF73 and we can play firefight sometime :P

SKIN RIP
09-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Same here pre-ordered from Shopto.net and received my game today. It's says on the website to check under "codes" on my account for the sgt. Johnson code but there's nothing there. gutted

Dusk Firewall
09-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Edit: - Got the code, the site is slow and behind schedule. But at least they aren't liars :P

Chud 360
09-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Got my email at 7.20am this morning with the activation code

Be patient, it'll come

ShOcKsTa
09-21-2009, 03:36 PM
I got my code today but aint got the game even though GAME deliver

Shadowmancer88
09-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Same here pre-ordered from Shopto.net and received my game today. It's says on the website to check under "codes" on my account for the sgt. Johnson code but there's nothing there. gutted

On the shop-to forums they said you will receive the code tomorrow, probably to check that you got the game the day before with the Post Office tracking number that was supplied.

iRob
09-21-2009, 04:30 PM
I pre-ordered mine off Amazon and have yet to recieve the code. Fingers crossed it'll arrive within the netx couple of days.

martdude16
09-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Still no code from 'ShopTo.net', however I will wait patiently!

Veteran Forever
09-21-2009, 04:41 PM
just got my code today but the game not turn up yet lol hopefully i will have the game to mo hopefully the posted strike wont stop me geting to mo

Shadowmancer88
09-21-2009, 05:17 PM
What about the Halo: Reach beta key I found nothing in my game box about other than a sticker on the box, anybody know more?

Moneyhunter1989
09-21-2009, 05:20 PM
What about the Halo: Reach beta key I found nothing in my game box about other than a sticker on the box, anybody know more?

there is no beta key in the box

Shadowmancer88
09-21-2009, 05:21 PM
there is no beta key in the box

So how are we meant to get in the beta next year, I heard that the game comes with a key or something for it.

Moneyhunter1989
09-21-2009, 05:23 PM
So how are we meant to get in the beta next year, I heard that the game comes with a key or something for it.

I don't know, I think we will get a e-mail or something will unlocked after a update.

oRedBull
09-21-2009, 05:31 PM
I pre-ordered from play.com, got a message on friday saying it had been dispatched. Play.com has a habit of posting games before they need to so I usually get pre-orders a day early. Return from school to find no ODST, so I have to be normal and get it tomorrow. But I don't have a code, wtf?

oRedBull
09-21-2009, 05:33 PM
just checked my e-mail Halo: ODST code is there, but know game : (

jd070993
09-21-2009, 05:41 PM
I pre-ordered from play.com, got a message on friday saying it had been dispatched. Play.com has a habit of posting games before they need to so I usually get pre-orders a day early. Return from school to find no ODST, so I have to be normal and get it tomorrow. But I don't have a code, wtf?

I don't have the game either :(

But I'm not sure about the code.

RatedRBen
09-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Lmao the game aint out till tomoz just wait for the game, the code is what we are waiting for. Geez...

Strongbow
09-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Can I use the code now or should I wait till I have the game in my xbox?

Chud 360
09-21-2009, 06:24 PM

You access the halo: reach beta from the ingame menu in ODST.

When the beta starts, you put your ODST disc in to play it. (So dont trade it in)

And before you ask, they havent set a date for beta, just that its 2010

JackieChan73
09-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Can I use the code now or should I wait till I have the game in my xbox?

Use it whenever, it will simply unlock it for downloading. When you put in ODST and have the johnson dlc downloaded, odst will recognise it.

Demonhunter21
09-21-2009, 07:38 PM
go into a game store and tell them you pre-ordered it but didn't get the code, they should give you one.
I had to do that with halo wars. (although i didn't get it off the internet.)

Strongbow
09-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Use it whenever, it will simply unlock it for downloading. When you put in ODST and have the johnson dlc downloaded, odst will recognise it.

Ok thanks mate.

JackieChan73
09-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Ok thanks mate.

Hey i added you on XBL, maybe we can play odst some time. Also i noticed you're from sheffield. Not so interesting fact #82: That's where me and my mum were born! Although we live in Liverpool now.

Strongbow
09-21-2009, 08:03 PM

Phrankus
09-21-2009, 11:32 PM
I got my code too, but not the game.. should have ordered from play.com.. my buddies have been playing since Saturday!

Gothikaspawn
09-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Can anyone confirm that they have a code from play.com? It's now 9am on release day and I still don't have a code even though I pre-ordered ages ago (And the offer was up at the time) and I havnt got an email from them yet, they def have the rigth email aswell i'm getting worried, only reason I ordered from play.com is because i trust them with the pre-order stuff :S

Strongbow
09-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Can anyone confirm that they have a code from play.com? It's now 9am on release day and I still don't have a code even though I pre-ordered ages ago (And the offer was up at the time) and I havnt got an email from them yet, they def have the rigth email aswell i'm getting worried, only reason I ordered from play.com is because i trust them with the pre-order stuff :S

Send them an email asking why you haven't recieved it yet.

Also :-

At Play.com, they say that the codes will be sent on the week of release.

Bullitt Bill
09-22-2009, 09:21 AM

I can confirm I have a code. I preordered from play.com a while ago and my game was dispatched Friday afternoon. Got my email with the code last night. Just waiting for my girlfriend to text me to tell me it's arrived so I can leave work early : D

Hope yours arrives soon, and enjoy the game everyone!

Tiberian
09-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Got my code today in an email from Amazon.co.uk. Good stuff, now just gota pray the postman delivers my copy:D.

Emfulz
09-22-2009, 10:03 AM
What does the code look like? Do they give it to you physically or is it inside the game case?

5 hours ago I got back from GameStop to realize that my Johnson code is no where to be found but instead I somehow got a Halo Wars pre-order code...

JackieChan73
09-22-2009, 10:41 AM
I have ODST now and code. Iwas emailed it. You put it into the xbox through the redeem code option (on the guide, in the leftmost tab). You then get to download a tiny file which unlocks Johnson. Then in your settings you can pick him as your character for firefight. Simples.

Captain Fantasm
09-22-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm glad I did all mine in store. Pre-ordered it at GAME on Sunday, went to the midnight launch (I was one of two people there). Wandered home, code and game in hand. Probably the most satisfying pre-ordering experience I've ever had.

Orbit-Helljumper
09-22-2009, 02:13 PM

No. If you get ODST through the Special Feature option, you'll be able to access the Reach Beta when it goes live next summer.

Ninja Business
09-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Email from Amazon. Good times!

SWAGGART
09-23-2009, 02:07 AM
Yep i got my code, i went to the midnight opening and there was a pile of them behind the desk, so theyve probaly just forgot to includes yours, dont worry im sure you will get it.

PHART007
09-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Did anyone pre-order from thehut.com ?

As i've yet to recieve a code. :mad:

Emfulz
09-23-2009, 01:52 PM
No. If you get ODST through the Special Feature option, you'll be able to access the Reach Beta when it goes live next summer.

How do you know it's in the summer? they don't even know when they are releasing it...

I went down to GameStop to get my code yesterday and they just slapped me one in my hand without even checking if I pre-ordered or not. Possibly recognized me from the midnight tourney down there.

x2i
09-23-2009, 03:02 PM
I have two codes to giveaway for Sgt Johnson if anyone is interested... simply enter the competition currently being held at http://www.x2i4eva.com/competition.php

Vendinator354
09-24-2009, 11:34 AM
I ordered mine from play.com and still havent recieved code has anbody orered with play.com and got code yet????

VladimirK
09-24-2009, 01:29 PM
I pre ordered from Game.co.uk, you might need to phone up customer services to get it.

Done that this morning and they were happy to give me a code for the Johnson Firefight character over the phone. :)

Ruble
09-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Pre-ordered the special edition from Game - the controller is a nice piece of kit, by the way, even though I have no intention of using it because it'll inevitably end up with all the detail worn off from use like my Elite's controller has - and I got my brother's copy from Amazon. No code from either yet =(

explicide
09-25-2009, 08:47 PM
hi guys, i pre-ordered the limited edition of odst at gamestop, but i didnt get the sgt. johnson code. they already gave me the game at friday before release (dont know know the date atm)do you think i didnt get the code because i got the game earlier?
or isnt there a code for limited edition?

do you think i can still get one?
i already wrote a mail to gamestop but they didnt reply:mad:
i want this code >.<

Spanish Assault
09-25-2009, 08:58 PM
hi guys, i pre-ordered the limited edition of odst at gamestop, but i didnt get the sgt. johnson code. they already gave me the game at friday before release (dont know know the date atm)do you think i didnt get the code because i got the game earlier?
or isnt there a code for limited edition?

do you think i can still get one?
i already wrote a mail to gamestop but they didnt reply:mad:
i want this code >.<
The code came in the pre-order case. When I preordered at Gamestop they didnt give me the case, so I canceleled and order at Best Buy. Take your recipt to gamestop they are susposed to give it to you.

NGF xXxSPiTxXx
09-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Ok so i dont know if this happened to anyone else.
I pre-ordered HALO 3 ODST and got the code for sgt johnson.
I entered the code it went to my active downloads as pending so i thought it will load later on but it never poped up or gave me the character and i cant redownload it. (not on my HDD)
So i thought about re-entering the code but it says
This code has already been redeemed."

I ran out of ideas!:(
If anyone could help me out it would be greatly apreciated.:)

Munkapotatoes
09-26-2009, 12:43 AM
If you don't get the code as an E-Mail, there's always the possibility that the retailer got the cardboard version of the code, and they'll just toss it in with the game when you buy. (i like the physical version better any way).

Legend Has It 1
09-26-2009, 01:10 AM
I have a ton of codes, if anyone wants one message me.

The Elite Elite
09-26-2009, 04:50 AM
I've been having a similar problem with my pre-order of ODST. I picked up a pre-order card from Target which said "Pre-order bonus. Unlock Sgt. Johnson for Firefight." But when I went to the store to pick up the game they handed me the game, and the $5 gift card it said it also came with but when I asked about the Johnson pre-order bonus the guy looked and didn't find anything. I'm thinking of going back there with the tab the pre-order card came on and ask about this, because that is false advertising if they don't have any Sgt. Johnson codes to give out.

gamerguy69
09-26-2009, 05:39 AM
Ok so i dont know if this happened to anyone else.
I pre-ordered HALO 3 ODST and got the code for sgt johnson.
I entered the code it went to my active downloads as pending so i thought it will load later on but it never poped up or gave me the character and i cant redownload it. (not on my HDD)
So i thought about re-entering the code but it says
This code has already been redeemed."

I ran out of ideas!:(
If anyone could help me out it would be greatly apreciated.:)

It should appear in your DOWNLOAD HISTORY. Access that from "Account Management" and just download it again. This worked for a friend back when he had one of those Gears 2 codes for the golden whatever.

xTeddyEddyx
09-26-2009, 08:07 AM
I have a ton of codes, if anyone wants one message me.

Is it at all possible I could have one of these codes? As i pre-orded ODST from play.com about 3 moths ago, and all my friends who orded there copy from there got them on release day yet i still haven't recieved mine.:mad: