PDA

View Full Version : WET 2? (Maybe Spoiler)

Glock x Coma
09-20-2009, 03:16 PM
DO you guys think they might make a sequel!? Cuz tha Tarantula girl at the end twitched! oR wuz that just a Reflex?

Fizzmatix
09-20-2009, 03:23 PM
I think it's pretty obvious they may follow this game up. I think it would be a half decent series, some of the levels in this game so much fun to play, though taking out the repetitive arena style battles on every level would be nice.

Recchi918
09-20-2009, 09:33 PM
The game is quite fun to play so I hope so...

scannerdarkly
09-20-2009, 10:00 PM
I also had a lot of fun with this game, here's to hoping!

True Marvellous
09-20-2009, 10:06 PM
All depends how , it sells, they ,made a god game this time round but it does have the potential to be a great game with a bit more work.

They also released it before silly season starts, so they have a few weeks of sales to look forward to before this years holiday big hitters arrive.

Shaimus
09-21-2009, 05:26 PM
That was one of my first thoughts too, that it would be a sequel. Then I started thinking about it more. This game seems to be an homage to a lot of 70's type movies and such with its graphics and gritty Quentin Tarantion like themes. When I saw it, the first thing I thought was "Hey look, they're making fun of how movies zoom in on the bad guy and make something twitch to leave a sequel opportunity. Touche Wet." Although, my actual thought was more like "Haha" but you get the idea. Either it really is a sequel opportunity (Which would be pretty sweet) or it was just the culmination of the tribute package.

peppersken
09-22-2009, 06:36 PM
I do not understand all the negative feedback on this game. A game is supposed to entertain you and this was one of the most entertaining games I've played all year. I'm hoping for a sequel.

Wicelow
09-22-2009, 07:55 PM
And what about the german cowboy ?

Midnight Malice
09-22-2009, 08:11 PM
I'd play it. As much as I like this game, and as much as I tell others that they should play it too, I am really very glad I didn't buy it. Solid game, good mindless fun, but not a game you should buy. If I had spent 60 bucks on it, I don't think I would enjoy it as much as I do now.

hestar
09-23-2009, 02:20 AM
The game is quite fun to play so I hope so...

^^ This I just got done beating the game on hard and mann that stupid bike level made me wanna break something FORREAL!...But other than that I really enjoyed the game and I hope there is a wet 2 :Bounce:

meneed2tan
09-26-2009, 06:31 AM
If they do add a sequel, I hope they put Ze Kollektor in it again. I was disappointed he wasnt at the end chapter. He stabs you early in the game, says we will meet again, and then wasnt in the end, only Tarantula was. That disappointed me but if they do make a sequel he better be in it.

IIIII Matt IIIII
09-26-2009, 04:08 PM
If Ze Kollektor says we will meet again, there has got to be a sequel lol

Schreckofant
10-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Hm, it sold around 250.000 copies on PS3/360 in it's first 2 weeks, not sure whether this is good or bad for such a game. But when I consider that I imported the game for 18 on it's release date, that's porbably no good sign. Hope it doesn't turn out like Bullet Witch, my other favorite trashgame in this gen.

Dz06lt
10-04-2009, 09:27 PM
i dont know how sales will go im guessing not very well so i dont see how they would justify following up a shit game that doesnt make any cash

True Marvellous
10-05-2009, 12:59 AM
i dont know how sales will go im guessing not very well so i dont see how they would justify following up a shit game that doesnt make any cash

Games not shit though is it.

Sure its not top draw but its above average.

313 Sniper
10-05-2009, 01:45 AM
Ah...That would be nice, but I have a strong doubt it'll happen.

Dz06lt
10-05-2009, 02:41 AM
Games not shit though is it.

Sure its not top draw but its above average.

yeah it pretty much is shit, not even close to being above average

http://g4tv.com/videos/41360/WET-Review/

DDcup x
10-06-2009, 08:39 PM
And what about the german cowboy ?

He hides in the closet?
On a serious note,
i liked the game :( just finished my first playthough on medium & hoping for a sequel

hyourinnmaru
10-10-2009, 05:47 PM
hope they do WET2 yes, but this time without boneyard challenges please! to do them all gold was hell, only a few more kills with crossbow and i'll have my 1000:woop:

Elit3 m0nkey
10-15-2009, 11:26 PM

I am going to say to you what I say say to other people... if you HAVEN'T played the game don't say anything good or bad about the game. Besides that's a critic saying that. His job is too criticize everything about the game, not whether its fun or not.

Anyways I definitely want a sequel to this. It was a lot of fun (although the challenges could of been more creative).

Nanatsusaya
10-16-2009, 06:03 AM
I absolutely can't understand the bad reputation it seems to have.

It's just like other people already said:
Games are meant to be fun - and I had a blast playing it.

So yes, I'm hoping for a sequel.

BigEasy
10-18-2009, 02:44 PM
I'd play it. As much as I like this game, and as much as I tell others that they should play it too, I am really very glad I didn't buy it. Solid game, good mindless fun, but not a game you should buy. If I had spent 60 bucks on it, I don't think I would enjoy it as much as I do now.

I agree about the whole not buying it part. I also agree with getting rid of half the boring arena battles.... This game was fun for about an hour then it's the same thing very repetitive..

Also regarding Tarantula most likely a twitch if it's anything else it's retarded. What, do people in this game have magical powers? Last i checked if you snap someones neck spinal column they are dead as shit.

Tarliyn
10-23-2009, 05:12 AM

I passed this game around my my group of friends and we all thought it was great, infact most people I have talked to who played the game thought it was great fun. Screw reviewers they dont know crap most the time. Plenty of games are disregarded cause someone put it in their box for an hour didnt like it right away because they didnt learn the controls, they popped a review out and people take that review as gospel.

I hope they make a squel, I would most def buy it, not only would I buy it but I would have it preordered and picked up on launch day as I did this one.

Great game that was loads of fun, was it revolutionary? No! But not everything has to be.

Madfrog0
11-04-2009, 04:31 AM
id pass on this if it came out

Jani x360a
11-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Wet is awesome, i'm really looking forward if Wet 2 come out :)
Im totally gonna buy it here in Norway.

MonkeyMan9000
08-12-2010, 06:14 AM
I think they really need to make a Wet 2 cuz, to me, the story was left hanging in so many ways. I mean, we don't know what happens to Rubi, Tarantula, and everyone else who is still living. Bethesda! Come on, be nice to us and make a new wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Bounce:

Trombonafide
08-20-2010, 03:35 AM
I might enjoy a sequel if they polished it a little bit. The story was very weak in this one, so perhaps a little bit of improvement there would suit. The gameplay overall wasn't bad, just repetitive. I think scrapping the bullshitty freefall sequence-type instant death reaction scenarios would be a major plus. Polish the graphics, because the pre-rendered stuff looks like shit for everyone but Rubi. The voice acting wasn't stellar, but it wasn't awful.

Overall, if they could tighten things up, drop some of the useless things, and innovate a bit, I'd play WET 2: WETTER

RegeneratinDegenerate
08-31-2010, 07:13 AM
My friend gave me this game for free and i have to admit it was pretty fun. I've beaten it 6 times. Hoping for WET2.

F Swan
09-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Yeah, WET 2 please, the first was one of the most enjoyable games I played this year.
Reviewers don't know crap, its why for example SHUMP's such as Death Smiles get low scores, the reviewers are either terrible at the games or don't play it long enough.

Th3 Apache Dog
09-04-2010, 07:20 PM
I would probably rent it. WET was fun but playing multiple times had me falling asleep. Way too repetitive.

Hybridchld
09-05-2010, 02:30 AM
I doubt there will be a sequal, it didn't sell well and was very quickly discounted after release. I got mine for 8 about a month after release and the place I bought it still has a few dozen copies for the same price.

I'd say alot of people who played this rented it and publishers won't make a new game based on rentals.

pauly_27
09-22-2010, 04:04 AM
I doubt there will be a sequal, it didn't sell well and was very quickly discounted after release. I got mine for 8 about a month after release and the place I bought it still has a few dozen copies for the same price.

I'd say alot of people who played this rented it and publishers won't make a new game based on rentals.

It sold over a million copies...

Also, an average reviewed first game does not always mean the end of the series. Kane and Lynch 2, anyone?

And yes, I want a battle with Ze Kollektor. :)

DocRevolt
09-24-2010, 10:00 PM
Kane and Lynch managed to get a sequel...

Then again, Kane and Lynch is still better than this piece of shit.

pauly_27
09-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Kane and Lynch managed to get a sequel...

Then again, Kane and Lynch is still better than this piece of shit.

Call a game shit...

Have it in a list of your proudest 100% games..

*facepalm*