PDA

View Full Version : How to increase my points?

Rayne
09-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Hey all,

Loving Wet so far, I've beat the game twice now but even while attempting to score high points, I didn't even have enough to get all weapon upgrades.

You can imagine I'm really struggling with the upgrade achievements, any tips on how to score more?

Midnight Malice
09-20-2009, 04:12 PM
X5 in Arenas, don't destroy the doors until they stop spawning, combo moves, like a jump to a slide, you get more points if you kill during the slide, also doing 360's in the air or during a slide helps too. RUSH from one area to the other and your combo may still be up a bit. Don't stop moving and don't stop shooting, your combo stays where it is if you have a lock on and are shooting. Use the slow-mo while shooting to move from one area to another even if there are no enemies, you move about the same speed, and your combo drops slower (well maybe, maybe not but it seems like it.)

Or you can just run through the game on easy and get both 50k and full upgrades in about 2-3 hours.

mjmaskrey
09-20-2009, 04:15 PM
I got it on my first playthrough on Fixer, wasn't expecting to after seeing posts about people struggling.

Always get acrobatic kills, where you can dive and then slide whilst getting headshots. In each arena try to collect the multipliers before killing anyone so you can get 5x for most kills..and still kill as above so you can get 125+ points per kill...and never close the spawn doors until they've run dry.

I got the spending achievs with approx. 7k spare at the end.

:)

Rayne
09-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Cheers guys, I'll replay on easy and use the spawn areas for longer :)

Anything to dely my super hard playthrough :P ugh I don't wanna...

Midnight Malice
09-20-2009, 04:54 PM
From what I have heard, Ultra Hard isn't all that much harder than Hard, just use the early arenas to get more points for upgrades... some of the later arenas and the damn motorcycle part, I'm not looking forward to, but the bulk of the game should be pretty easy. Well, maybe not easy, but certianly do-able. After the Chargers beat the Ravens (gonna be there yay please win Bolts lol) I'll start this run.

Dysrhythmic
09-21-2009, 05:38 AM
I've found that, for me, the absolute best way to get points was to use the Jump/Slide Combo (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=176575). Just be careful of spamming it too much or you'll get "Repeat Chain Dive" which will bring your each kill down from 125+ to 50. Just stop for a second after each Jump/Slide Combo and you should be good.