PDA

View Full Version : So, when is Mythic Map Pack 2 coming to the REAL Halo 3?

Lukeweizer
09-21-2009, 12:42 AM
All I've heard is that the 2nd part of the Mythic map pack is coming with ODST. But I don't want ODST. I just want the Mythic maps so I can finish off all the achievements in Halo 3. Has there been any word about when the maps are coming to the marketplace? They couldn't possibly keep them ODST exclusive? How can you have achievements for a game that requires content from ANOTHER game.

This move coupled with Bungie's douchebag playlists that require you to have all the map packs to play is just pissing me off. Why the hell did my friend have to buy Mythic map pack just to play Big Team battle? Why can't there just be a "Big Team Battle - Original" and a "Big Team Battle - DLC Included"? Anyway, that's just me bitching. So... Mythic Map Pack 2 on marketplace anyone?

Hot Juicy Pie
09-21-2009, 12:45 AM
You bitch about having to buy all the map packs for playlists but you're concerned about getting full gamerscore... contradictory much?

Back on topic, expect to wait at least a month after odsts release, same as halo wars.

tmcmullen08
09-21-2009, 01:09 AM
You bitch about having to buy all the map packs for playlists but you're concerned about getting full gamerscore... contradictory much?

Its pretty understandable that he bitches. To obtain the full 1750, people had to buy the heroic map pack (which is now free), the legendary map pack, the mythic part 1 map pack, and now the full ODST game. Bungie is really milking people's money it seems like to me.

To the OP: I heard about a week ago that Bungie had no plans of releasing the maps on the marketplace, but i'm sure they will end up on there a ways down the road. If you wanted, you could just buy the multiplayer-only disk on ebay. I dont know how much that will go for though.

Lukeweizer
09-21-2009, 01:09 AM

Back on topic, expect to wait at least a month after odsts release, same as halo wars.

I want the gamerscore, but I just mean why can't they have 1 version of the playlist that requires the DLC and one that doesn't. Like most games.

Lukeweizer
09-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Its pretty understandable that he bitches. To obtain the full 1750, people had to buy the heroic map pack (which is now free), the legendary map pack, the mythic part 1 map pack, and now the full ODST game. Bungie is really milking people's money it seems like to me.

To the OP: I heard about a week ago that Bungie had no plans of releasing the maps on the marketplace, but i'm sure they will end up on there a ways down the road. If you wanted, you could just buy the multiplayer-only disk on ebay. I dont know how much that will go for though.

Thanks for being helpful. I'll probably just end up doing it at a friend's place then. Can they even do that? Have achievements for 1 game that doesn't even include the content and requires you to buy a different game? That's fucking dirty.

Tiberian
09-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Probably will be similar to Halo Wars, ODST will get the maps for a while, perhaps a month, before regular Halo 3 players can download off Market place. They won't keep it exclusive to ODST forever.

I don't remember exactly how long Halo Wars had its maps exclusive to the collectors edition for but i expect the wait to be slightly longer with ODST. Just speculation of course.

tmcmullen08
09-21-2009, 01:17 AM
Thanks for being helpful. I'll probably just end up doing it at a friend's place then. Can they even do that? Have achievements for 1 game that doesn't even include the content and requires you to buy a different game? That's fucking dirty.

Yeah it is. Microsoft owns Bungie, so it was probably Microsoft's idea in the first place. But as for map packs, all games are starting to do that. Look at Gears 2. All those maps cost a shitload of money.

Lukeweizer
09-21-2009, 01:21 AM
Yeah it is. Microsoft owns Bungie, so it was probably Microsoft's idea in the first place. But as for map packs, all games are starting to do that. Look at Gears 2. All those maps cost a shitload of money.

Yeah I know. But at least Gears has like a Regular Execution playlist and a DLC Execution playlist. Granted, you have to have ALL the DLC to play on the DLC playlist. But Halo 3 only has the DLC required playlist. I'm mostly referring to Big Team Battle.

Coadster1
09-21-2009, 01:32 AM
My guess would be around a month after ODST is released, so maybe late October........

Kirtaner
09-21-2009, 04:32 AM
Yeah it is. Microsoft owns Bungie, so it was probably Microsoft's idea in the first place. But as for map packs, all games are starting to do that. Look at Gears 2. All those maps cost a shitload of money.Bungie bought their independence from MS. They are no longer owned by anyone, in fact.

atm0073
09-21-2009, 04:48 AM
Expect it to take around the same time it took for the first set of Mythic Maps to become available after Halo Wars's launch, or maybe a bit longer.

porkchop547
09-21-2009, 05:04 AM
its just like when halo wars gave everyone mythic 6 weeks early so my guess you have to wait 6 weeks

icy1007
09-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Bungie has said that they have no plans to ever release the three maps that come with ODST separately from ODST. Since I will be getting ODST, I really don't care if they ever release them separately.

el panel0n
09-21-2009, 08:47 AM
They have actually said that they're not going to be downloadable ever.

Achiever TM
09-21-2009, 12:20 PM
you don't need to buy ODST, i am buying it but till there I'm getting the achievements using a friend's ODST 2nd Disc copy ;)

Hot Juicy Pie
09-21-2009, 12:29 PM

Actually Bungie is independent from Microsoft now, they really give MS a big fuck you too. Wrote up a declaration of independence and everything. Sign, ironically enough, on 7/7/07