PDA

View Full Version : Sweet game, disappointing ending

demi
09-21-2009, 05:03 AM
I'm almost 1000 on this (Just need Very Hard + Golden Bullets + Upgrades), and I've really enjoyed this title.

Unfortunately it ends kind of flat. I was hoping we would fight the collector (the guy who stabs Ruby), but instead we get a QTE with the albino woman, and that's that. I think the devs could have gone out with a bang on this one. I can understand that the devs were unsure they would even have a publisher for this game, so they might have rushed it a tad. But I'm glad Bethesda picked it up.

JieXY
09-21-2009, 05:30 AM
A sequel, is needed.

DJBeatMongrel
09-21-2009, 08:00 AM
I took a second to really think about this ending and endings that are similar to this. How in depth could you get with a play style like this for a boss fight with out it becoming some sort of circling tick damage fest? The QTE style given for the ending allows for a more polished action sequence.

It's just something to think about.

Berginyon
09-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Kind of disappointed here as well was looking forward to some sort of boss fight and seemed a little anti climatic but still a fun game to kill people in

demi
09-21-2009, 04:39 PM
The QTE style given for the ending allows for a more polished action sequence.

It's just something to think about.

I don't even think it was a polished action scene. The fight with the collector was done better. All the two girls did was clash swords and she would disappear, then reappear again. Then they clicked their guns and she broke her neck. Kind of a lackluster fight.

Midnight Malice
09-22-2009, 08:42 PM
I would have loved a boss fight... but this game doesn't really lend itself to that, I understand why it went out the way it did, but it was kind of anticlimatic, like Berginyon said. That was the exact wording I used when I beat it... I was like really??? I think a prologue of a bunch of guys raiding the boneyard trying to get revenge would have been a better choice, with the ending being Rubi jumping into the WWII fighter taking off, strafing the boneyard and blowing up some gas tanks or something... the game is already campy, cheesy and way over the top... lets get f'n crazy with the end.

L0cke89
09-30-2009, 10:49 PM
I would have loved a boss fight... but this game doesn't really lend itself to that, I understand why it went out the way it did, but it was kind of anticlimatic, like Berginyon said. That was the exact wording I used when I beat it... I was like really??? I think a prologue of a bunch of guys raiding the boneyard trying to get revenge would have been a better choice, with the ending being Rubi jumping into the WWII fighter taking off, strafing the boneyard and blowing up some gas tanks or something... the game is already campy, cheesy and way over the top... lets get f'n crazy with the end.

Remember, she hates flying. Wouldn't fit the character. But I know what you mean. I was disappointed, too. Well, let's hope for a sequel, because this game was sooo much fun, even with some frustraiting parts on hard (chapter 6 >.<)

KillingKalle DK
10-01-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm almost 1000 on this (Just need Very Hard + Golden Bullets + Upgrades), and I've really enjoyed this title.

Unfortunately it ends kind of flat. I was hoping we would fight the collector (the guy who stabs Ruby), but instead we get a QTE with the albino woman, and that's that. I think the devs could have gone out with a bang on this one. I can understand that the devs were unsure they would even have a publisher for this game, so they might have rushed it a tad. But I'm glad Bethesda picked it up.

Yeah i also hade this kind of empty feeling. I mean, i was completly stoked troughout the game killing ppl in the most fantastic ways. but when the ending came i was like wtf? that's it ?? im going trough on hard now just completed golden bullets. and yeah a sequel is needed. but don't think i will have succes.

captain host
10-06-2009, 11:46 AM
bad ending indeed, and the fight scene look like crap :( what would have been cool is the big chinese guy(zhi i think) coming whit a gatling gun to save ruby ;)

DDcup x
10-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Prequel prequel!