PDA

View Full Version : Every Trick in the Book Help

ddrlenz
09-21-2009, 06:48 AM
I, for the life of me, cannot seem to be able to kill 5 enemies with the large object. I keep using Hulk and tossing a bus, tank, etc at large groups of foes but to no avail! I'm banging my head in frustration with this part of the achievement.

Can anyone recommend an Act, Stage to complete this achievement? Where would the best opportunity to keep trying it present itself?

Also, what would be the best stage for the 10 grenades returned to the robots for a kill?

Thanks in advance!

ZarathosTheEvil
09-21-2009, 07:18 AM
I got the Hit 5 enemies with 1 object on the first fight with Multiple Man. Just whack a few of them a few times to spawn a bunch and throw a car. I was having problems with it too until that part. Still can't figure out the robot grenade thing though......

SupremeRapier
09-21-2009, 07:42 AM
the big robots toss grenades that you can pick up and throw at the smaller robots that usually come with it

ddrlenz
09-21-2009, 07:49 AM
I got the Hit 5 enemies with 1 object on the first fight with Multiple Man. Just whack a few of them a few times to spawn a bunch and throw a car. I was having problems with it too until that part. Still can't figure out the robot grenade thing though......

What Act, Stage was that on?

ZarathosTheEvil
09-21-2009, 09:17 AM
That would be Act 2: Road Work. (I played it on Pro-Reg, no idea if it is in Anti-Reg)

CYDude 808
10-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Great tip, Zarathos...been stuck on this one for a while, Act 2:Roadwork, 1st Multiple Man fight got it on my third toss. Thanks!

Original Jet Li
10-05-2009, 08:24 PM
The place i got 5 enemies wiht object is at the begining of the ms marvel level, drop the forcefield then make your way back to the big door, there are about 15 enemies that come through the door there are train carts in that area aswel,

The 20 robot thing go to the sim mission heavy metal weaken a few enemies and just throw there grenades back at them

neeker75
10-06-2009, 01:21 AM
You can get the 20 grenades at robots thing before the Multiple Man fight. A few large ones with spawn, and there will be some dudes rappelling down from time to time. Toss grenades at these rappelling clowns - they're considered as "robots" for some reason. I got all 20 there.

mudhound0530
10-14-2009, 10:50 PM
I, For the life of me, cant set off a chain reaction of 5 explosions. Any advice? I have tried Wanton Destruction in the simulator, one room has 5 red barrels and shot bullets at them, i have zapped the first one with Thor's lightning strike...

Please help.

neeker75
10-14-2009, 11:32 PM
It probably means your's is glitched, like mine. I ended up starting a new game and redoing all the combat mastery requirements to get it.

mudhound0530
10-14-2009, 11:55 PM
It probably means your's is glitched, like mine. I ended up starting a new game and redoing all the combat mastery requirements to get it.

Im thinking i must be, I was playing Co-op (offline) with a friend and he got it. Im starting to think that might be preventing me from getting it.

neeker75
10-15-2009, 03:30 AM
Yes. If your friend gets it in your save, the game treats it as if you've gotten it but without updating your stats page. Regardless of how many times you do it right, it simply won't pop. I'd suggest replaying from scratch. Takes a few hours max. By the Multiple Man fight you should have everything done.

AlfredPMcLovely
10-16-2009, 05:05 AM
I can't get a single fire, ice and electric hit to register. Anyone else have this problem? I've tried it with a few characters and am currently running around punching everyone as Storm with Ice Strike II, Conductive II and Fire Strike II boosts enabled.

edit: So it wasn't working at all then I got it on the first guy I punched on Showdown: Ground Assault.

ExtremePhobia
07-11-2010, 11:30 AM
For Chain Reaction

On Anti-Reg, do the mission "Chem Plant: Cloaked." At some point after fighting Wonder Man, you'll come to an area with two vats flanking a barrel dispenser and this dispenser gives you red barrels instead of blue. Just keep hitting the button for as many barrels as you want. I hit it seven times and had them in a nice line on the ground and I just hit the first with a regular melee attack from Wolverine and got it. If you don't get it, try again.

I think you need 5 different explosions for this achievement. When two barrels explode from the same first barrel, they together count as one barrel. I would guess that if you get it from what looks like one big explosion, it's because there were 5 large but fast explosions.