PDA

View Full Version : Is Cable not in this?

shinobigarth
09-21-2009, 07:50 AM
i thought for sure i heard Cable was gonna be in the game, but ive looked at the full roster of characters and he isnt. real shame, he would have been awesome to play as. speaking of which, why is Cyclops not in? he was in the first one wasnt he (or maybe im thinking of X-Men Legends)?

oh and another thing, they talk about doing the Fastball Special as one of your fusion moves, yet Colossus isnt in it? i know the other strong guys can take his place, but he and Wolvie invented the move FFS!

Kyai
09-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Cable is in it story wise, but not as a playable character.

Cyclops, Psylocke, and...another I can't remember are in the Wii and PS2 versions of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

shinobigarth
09-21-2009, 08:09 AM
dammit. i would easily trade someone like Daredevil or Storm for Cable (or any of the Fan 4, except maybe Thing, ive been using him lately probably until i unlock Hulk). dont know why they included a bunch of totally off the wall characters like Songbird and Penance and skipped much better guys like Cable and Nightcrawler.

xa_16
09-21-2009, 07:45 PM
since there are a big part of the comic story line, they were worked in to the game.

wounded82
09-21-2009, 07:50 PM
The whole Marvel Universe had a part in the complete arc of the Civil War series. I really hope they offer a few different character dlc packs. I think an X factor team would be cool, another set of x-men and maybe a villian pack... The simulation discs would have been cool to branch off into the individual stories that went on during the civil war story...

BIGBAGGA
09-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Not to mention they save alot for DLC I'm sure. Thats why there is only 1 costume to I bet.

Dlark17
09-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Cable, Nightcrawler, the works... Here's the issues:
1. The game is already overrun with X-men (5, not counting villains like Juggernaut and Deadpool). If you want more mutants, go pick up an XML game. Just as good, but more of your buddies in there.
2. A lot of the characters being begged for were in the previous game, and they wanted to get some new faces in. Sure, I'm a proponent for the fact that I got the Juggernaut DLC, and I still only have 25 characters (the final unlock being total BS, imo). A tiny roster, but if it has to be that way, at least we're getting some variety and reason to play the original.

Also the last Wii-specific character is Blade. Wii gets Blade, Cyclops and Psylock in exchange for terrible graphics and gameplay. :P

I'd bet on a fair amount of DLC, as well, and probably we'll see it in the coming months.
My thought on the costumes, though, is the fact that they didn't just reskin the character models like the first game. Each alternate suit is a totally new wireframe character, so the time invested into them probably made more than a few base costumes per player a little ridiculous if they wanted to get the game out fast. But that's just my best idea.

Dave02
09-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Yeah I wish cable was in it also but Im happy with whos playable. But wish there was more

KamikazeQ
09-21-2009, 11:17 PM
The whole Marvel Universe had a part in the complete arc of the Civil War series. I really hope they offer a few different character dlc packs. I think an X factor team would be cool, another set of x-men and maybe a villian pack... The simulation discs would have been cool to branch off into the individual stories that went on during the civil war story...

Actually a couple of characters that are in the game actually did not play a part in Civil War. The X-men (being led by Cyclops) officially took a stance of non-involment due to the mutant community already having a registration act and still dealing with fallout from Decimation. The only mutant that really played a part in the storyline was Wolverine because he believed that there was no way the mutant community could just sit on the sidelines because Cyclops felt the SHRA was the homosapian's problem. Even then he walked the line and mainly focused on hunting down Nitro and bringing him to justice. Plus the Hulk had been shot into outer space and not involved. Oh well, creative license and all. lol.

Yes I am a comic book geek.

KiySeph
09-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Actually a couple of characters that are in the game actually did not play a part in Civil War. The X-men (being led by Cyclops) officially took a stance of non-involment due to the mutant community already having a registration act and still dealing with fallout from Decimation. The only mutant that really played a part in the storyline was Wolverine because he believed that there was no way the mutant community could just sit on the sidelines because Cyclops felt the SHRA was the homosapian's problem. Even then he walked the line and mainly focused on hunting down Nitro and bringing him to justice. Plus the Hulk had been shot into outer space and not involved. Oh well, creative license and all. lol.

Yes I am a comic book geek.

Not to mention that Jean Grey is dead and Thor was in "stasis" during the events of the Civil War.

I still have a feeling that a good amount of the NPC characters in the game will be playable. You see them fighting alongside you during levels and they have specific powers that that use during combat that none of the other playable characters have (like Colossus for example). So there's a good chance that you still might have Cable as a downloadable character later on (I'm hoping for some sort of teleportation fusion ability for Deadpool and Cable).

linkin10362
09-21-2009, 11:52 PM
So there's a good chance that you still might have Cable as a downloadable character later on (I'm hoping for some sort of teleportation fusion ability for Deadpool and Cable).

Bodyslide by two?

shinobigarth
09-21-2009, 11:58 PM
1. The game is already overrun with X-men (5, not counting villains like Juggernaut and Deadpool). If you want more mutants, go pick up an XML game. Just as good, but more of your buddies in there.
yeah but the X-Men play a massive part in the Marvel universe. i dont see you or anyone else complaining that there are like 7 or 8 playable Avengers. why cant there be a couple more X-Men?

I still have a feeling that a good amount of the NPC characters in the game will be playable. You see them fighting alongside you during levels and they have specific powers that that use during combat that none of the other playable characters have (like Colossus for example). So there's a good chance that you still might have Cable as a downloadable character later on (I'm hoping for some sort of teleportation fusion ability for Deadpool and Cable).
thats a good way to look at things. yeah it does happen i bet Cable and Deadpools fusion will be pretty wicked.

KamikazeQ
09-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Not to mention that Jean Grey is dead and Thor was in "stasis" during the events of the Civil War.

Well I was not gonna mention Thor because while it is true that Thor was in stasis during Civil War the Skrull Henry Pym did create and activate Ragnorok the cybernetic Thor clone. I haven't started playing MUA2 yet as I'm trying to get all the achievements for part 1 first. Does anyone know if in the game do they reference the ingame Thor as the clone or the original?

As for Jean Grey I am so over her deaths and revivals.

Uzumaki Goku
09-28-2009, 12:39 AM
Well I was not gonna mention Thor because while it is true that Thor was in stasis during Civil War the Skrull Henry Pym did create and activate Ragnorok the cybernetic Thor clone. I haven't started playing MUA2 yet as I'm trying to get all the achievements for part 1 first. Does anyone know if in the game do they reference the ingame Thor as the clone or the original?

As for Jean Grey I am so over her deaths and revivals.

If you think Jean Grey's supposedly died as much as Magneto has, you haven't done your homework.

KamikazeQ
09-28-2009, 12:48 AM
If you think Jean Grey's supposedly died as much as Magneto has, you haven't done your homework.

Huh??! How did Magneto get into this lol. Plus Magneto usually has the standard villian death in that there is never a body when he supposedly dies. Like when he let Asteroid M crash into the ocean or when Cassandra Nova destroyed Genosha. Jean tends to actually have a body to get buried lol. Most recent death was from the Xorn/Magneto imposter but she has already returned from that death a couple times she has just chosen to remain in the "white hot" room. Course the new speculation is that Hope Summers is the reincarnation of Jean.

Uzumaki Goku
09-28-2009, 01:15 AM
Huh??! How did Magneto get into this lol. Plus Magneto usually has the standard villian death in that there is never a body when he supposedly dies. Like when he let Asteroid M crash into the ocean or when Cassandra Nova destroyed Genosha. Jean tends to actually have a body to get buried lol. Most recent death was from the Xorn/Magneto imposter but she has already returned from that death a couple times she has just chosen to remain in the "white hot" room. Course the new speculation is that Hope Summers is the reincarnation of Jean.

Yeah, but there was also the whole thing about Magneto being Xorn and Wolverine cutting off his head... ..and then it wasn't Magneto at all.

KamikazeQ
09-28-2009, 01:23 AM
Yeah, but there was also the whole thing about Magneto being Xorn and Wolverine cutting off his head... ..and then it wasn't Magneto at all.

Well that's why I wrote Xorn/Magneto imposter lol. Right after that event they revealed that the real Magneto was alive in hiding on Genosha all along. Plus they revealed that the imposter's form of Magneto was a result of the Scarlet Witch.

skin87
09-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Plus the Hulk had been shot into outer space and not involved. Oh well, creative license and all. lol.

Yea, they get really crazy with the Marvel timeline because at one point in the game that Hulk is still angry that stretchy man shot him into space. On a news report ingame there was also a scrolling news item about people suspecting someone being a skrull. So I guess in the game's universe the civil war takes place after World War Hulk and just before the Secret Invasion.

ZarathosTheEvil
09-28-2009, 08:07 AM
The reason for so many Avengers was the fact that they were the focus of the Civil War storyline. The New Avengers, the Secret Avengers, and the original Avengers. The X-Men were corralled into Xavier Institute. I frankly had problems with the fact that my favorite Marvel character, Ghost Rider, wasn't in the game. But I understand why not. He had absolutely nothing to do with the Civil War. During that time period he was in Sleepy Hollow, Illinois hunting down a shard of Lucifer's soul that had taken over Jack-o-Lantern's corpse. The game sorta fits with the comics but there are a few inconsistencies. Sorry to gush like that but I worked at a comic book shop during the time Civil War was on the stands. Made me hate Mark Millar for the fact that I had to hear all the complaints every time the title was delayed.

P.S. They should have killed Cap in the end like they did in the comics.

KamikazeQ
09-28-2009, 11:15 PM
The reason for so many Avengers was the fact that they were the focus of the Civil War storyline. The New Avengers, the Secret Avengers, and the original Avengers. The X-Men were corralled into Xavier Institute. I frankly had problems with the fact that my favorite Marvel character, Ghost Rider, wasn't in the game. But I understand why not. He had absolutely nothing to do with the Civil War. During that time period he was in Sleepy Hollow, Illinois hunting down a shard of Lucifer's soul that had taken over Jack-o-Lantern's corpse. The game sorta fits with the comics but there are a few inconsistencies. Sorry to gush like that but I worked at a comic book shop during the time Civil War was on the stands. Made me hate Mark Millar for the fact that I had to hear all the complaints every time the title was delayed.

P.S. They should have killed Cap in the end like they did in the comics.

Yeah but now Cap isn't even dead. He's unstuck in time. grrr. I was actually starting to like Bucky as Cap.

samjustsam
09-30-2009, 01:03 AM
bucky as cap? idk about that. bucky would be cooler if he turned bad and arched cap #20 :) but i agree with #19 ghost rider is my favorite comic book character too. wish they had put him in it but yep they were mainly focused on the story. glad to see iron fist in it tho and would love to see morbius in a future game. would take 40 to 50 playable characters over a decent story anyday. its all about smashing stuff and leveling up anyways.
? tho...havent read any comics in years but i know that cap died and is now back. what happened? was the one that got killed a skrull. you know part of that skrull invasion storyline i heard about.

KamikazeQ
09-30-2009, 01:20 AM
bucky as cap? idk about that. bucky would be cooler if he turned bad and arched cap #20 :) but i agree with #19 ghost rider is my favorite comic book character too. wish they had put him in it but yep they were mainly focused on the story. glad to see iron fist in it tho and would love to see morbius in a future game. would take 40 to 50 playable characters over a decent story anyday. its all about smashing stuff and leveling up anyways.
? tho...havent read any comics in years but i know that cap died and is now back. what happened? was the one that got killed a skrull. you know part of that skrull invasion storyline i heard about.

Basically dude the Red Skrull orchestrated Cap getting shot while he was in custody. Tony Stark recieved his last will and testament which asked him to save Bucky (aka the Winter Soldier). Tony approached him and he agreed to take on the mantle provided he was able to use SHIELD resources to ensure that he could never be brainwashed again and that he would not have to answer to the SHRA or SHIELD. Stark could not openly agree to those terms so his endorsement of the new Cap is a secret to the public. So just so you know Bucky is the current Captain America. His costume consists of black tights and a star spangled armored upper torso. He uses the original shield and he also carries and wields a machine gun and has no issue against using it on anyone.

As for Steve Rogers it was just discovered that the bullet used to shoot him was actually designed to make him appear dead. The Red Skrull was planning on transferring his mind into Steve's body but something went wrong and now Steve is actually unstuck in time and currently he is quantum leaping into his past self and participating in his old battles.

So from what you wrote I'm assuming you didn't know that Bucky was evil and arching Cap for a while. He was brainwashed into being the Winter Soldier and turned into an assassin a long time ago. He is also the one that killed Wolverine's wife in Japan when Logan was trying to learn to control the beast within.

ac2565
09-30-2009, 01:38 AM
Speaking of Bucky-Cap, I would have liked to see him as an alternate costume instead of
WWII Cap.

Here's the Bucky-Cap for those who don't know how he looks like.
http://blogs.the217.com/capes/files/2008/01/captainamerica34rosscoverbarcode.jpeg

R4wD0g496
09-30-2009, 06:35 AM
I actually think Songbird is one of the best characters in the game.
Thor takes the cake though. His B attack just smashes the hell out of anything in one or two hits. If only one of his alternate costumes had a gag on it so he wouldn't talk...