PDA

View Full Version : This game officially sux

toxictaz
09-21-2009, 09:47 AM
compared to the first one. there is couple things i like that are new in this one.

i liked how in the first one you got to pick what powers you use, item drops, save system wasnt great for co-op, but way better than this sh**. charactor customization was way better. plus i swear there was more ppl to play with. plus they kicked butt in the other one. i cant find a single one i truly like to play as. deadpool,wolverine,jean grey and juggs are the best in my opinion. they still feel weak and very sloppy to me still. very repeadetive powers and combat. make this boring.

the levels were a lil more fun in original. i also loved the solo special moves. the fusions are fun.

theres way to many glitches, lag, freeze, unpopable achieves in this addition. plus more that you would know of.

i was so excited to play this. i really was having fun till sh** went crazy.

FroBoy11
09-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Sorry to hear that. I know I'm enjoying it and I've only had 2 problems with the game.

1.) It froze when I was about at the end of the game. Good thing for autosave.

2.) It froze when I was doing the part where you have to take out the anti-air guns.

Other than that it's much better than the last game in my opinion. Almost all the characters are fun to play. Especially Thor.

The big problem with this game is the co-op stuff. Especially online. This game is best played locally for co-op.

wounded82
09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
I kind of like the fact that they made the game more challenging by making the characters a little less god-like. In the first, I had little to no trouble playing through as Captain America. In this one, I have died a few times and almost every battle can be a challenge. I also love the story-line, which is based off of the awesome civil war series. Leveling up isn't nearly as exciting as the first game. Utlimately, I think there are pro's and con's to both games.

danksch
09-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Pretty much agree with you! Thing i hate most tho i that they really took away the RPG elements, as being able to equip items character-wise and not for the whole party.

I just unlocked Thor and he feels....boring - at least if you enjoyed him as much a i did in MUA1 ;)

shinobigarth
09-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Thor is damn godly, you just have to know how to use him. his :xbut: power where he slams the ground with a lightning bolt RAPES small and medium enemies if you have that as your dominant power and keep buffing it when you get more pips. also his :abut: charging power rocks for closing gaps too.

and then you have to upgrade his other passive powers (the kind with the yellow circle icon) right. you want to buff up the one that makes his power attacks more powerful, buff that up as much as you can with your points, then secondly you want to buff up his Hit Point ability that gives him more health, and finally put the remaining points into the first power that lets him lift gigantic objects and also adds some extra damage to normal attacks and throw the rest into the one that gives him more stamina so you can do the powers more often.

you keep all those powers beefed up every time you level up or whatever, and Thor will rape things. im playing on Super Heroic and i play Thor the whole time, and i fly around and often kill all normal enemies on screen before the rest of my team even gets to the fight LOL. compared to the last game, Thor really seems borderline OP to me, as does some other characters, like Deadpool (where as other guys like Cap and Iron Man were severely nerfed in this game). only bad thing ive seen with Thor really, is that he doesnt seem to have any Targeted fusion powers, so during a boss fight i have to use Hulk + Deadpool's fusion attack.

Gackt
09-22-2009, 04:07 PM
I think the game is great, much better then the first even.

As for feeling weak... level up? I am playing on legendary and pretty much 1 hit kill everything with Jean :rtbut:+:xbut: move.

The game does seem to freeze quite a bit for me though, that would be my only complaint.

Midnight Malice
09-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I like this better than the first as far as gameplay goes. They could have used a few more powers, but the ones they chose are at least a good combination for most characters, and even in the first one, most people found the 3 powers they liked and stuck with them, not everyone played that way, but most did. And most of the fusions are pretty cool, a few too many repeats, I could have come up with better power combos for a lot of the characters, but ah well. What are you gonna do? The graphics are far superior, the storyline, although a bit shorter is much better, there are pretty good characters in this one to soften the blow of losing Magneto, Dr. Doom, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, but nothing makes up for losing Surfer :'( unless they add Psylocke for DLC... Songbird is actually beast, Jean Grey plays well, Juggernaut is awesome, and so is Gambit and Green Goblin. IMHO they SHOULD have kept single character X-treme powers AND had fusions as well. It wouldn't have been hard to do, and would have added a bit more to the game.

It is the other stuff that has be baffled. Thier save system and little glitches here and there make this game anti co-op. I joined someones game that was just starting out, and me still needing numerous collectibles, I used my main save. When we were done playing I wanted to go to the simulator and keep looking for more collectibles on later levels, but guess what? Everything past where I just played in co-op was locked and I was at Wakanda HQ at the end of the game. I had no choice but to go to Legendary and play through again... that is another gripe I have, why New Game+ only on legendary? If I want to play on Heroic with Godlike characters that own bosses in 1-2 hits why cant I? It's my freakin game, and I should be able to do that.

I guess I have more bad to say than good, but I do enjoy this game, about the same, if not more than the first one, I just hope they fix the save bugs so I can actually play co-op without losing my shit.

Major Bones
09-22-2009, 05:05 PM
I enjoyed the first game more than i do this one. The characters in this game feel all the same. You can pretty much switch between characters and know which buttons are going to do what move. Also i enjoyed the characters in the first one far more than i do in this one. I thought adding characters like Gambit and Deadpool would be really cool, but i would rather have Moonknight than either one of those two (Knunchuck move FTW!) Also Ghost Rider and Silver Surfer. This cast of characters is just garbage compared to the first! I also enjoyed the story in the first one, especially how you went all over the marvel universe. This one your stuck in the one story line, civil war, which is cool if you want to keep a flowing story going, but i just enjoyed exploring mephisto/ asgard/ atlantis in the first game! Enough ranting back to finsih the Pro Reg side now!

SupremeRapier
09-22-2009, 06:46 PM
The save system sucks ass! I was in sim 1 trying to get the Power of Two achievement and halfway through my characters I figured I should save my game just in case cause I had previous freezing problems and guess what, it wouldnt let me save -.-; but I figured whatever, I'm halfway done anyways so I continued switching out characters to do their fusions and right when I had 5 characters left the game froze when it tried loading Spiderman -.- Damn you Spiderman!!!! :uzi:

mad tees
09-22-2009, 06:50 PM
yeah me and a friend were playing this when we were doing the simulation thing and his game froze in the pause menu so i saved my game and i loaded it back up and lost all my progress not played it since cause we only had four left to do and now we have eight :(

toxictaz
09-23-2009, 02:40 AM
i just finished the 1000 and id have to say it was not what i was looking forward to. the charactors got boring. not an action RPG to my standared.
save system is horrible. it should be seperate, but playable together. way to many glitches. my friend and i did the whole game together and it kicked him out at the end of a mission. now he doesnt get credit for nothing but collectables? BS..... plus we did all sims and he never got credit for the golds. 1st MUA was wayyy better in my OP.. but some things were a step in the right direction. i would like some item drops that are equipable as in the last game an d more charactor customization.. was it really necessary to put so many usless badges and even the lower ones. Geeze!!!!! it was still fun the first night, but it died quickly. espeaically after my friend got screwed over.

Glad i never have to play it again................

Gackt
09-23-2009, 11:17 PM
i just finished the 1000 and id have to say it was not what i was looking forward to. the charactors got boring. not an action RPG to my standared.
save system is horrible. it should be seperate, but playable together. way to many glitches. my friend and i did the whole game together and it kicked him out at the end of a mission. now he doesnt get credit for nothing but collectables? BS..... plus we did all sims and he never got credit for the golds. 1st MUA was wayyy better in my OP.. but some things were a step in the right direction. i would like some item drops that are equipable as in the last game an d more charactor customization.. was it really necessary to put so many usless badges and even the lower ones. Geeze!!!!! it was still fun the first night, but it died quickly. espeaically after my friend got screwed over.

Glad i never have to play it again................

You did not have to continue to play it after saying how horrible it was. The save system is fine, lets you save anytime you want...dont think you could really get much better... as for you're friend getting screwed over... he loaded the wrong save game file.. it would have warned him when he loaded it that he would only get credit for collectibles so that is his own fault...

shinobigarth
09-24-2009, 02:36 AM
one thing thats annoying is the buttons used for powers are not consistent.

for characters that have similar powers, the buttons should be the same way. example is Deadpool, Spidey and Iron Man. their rapid attacks use :abut:, but only with Dead's do you hold the button down. the others you have to tap it to keep it going. they are essentially the exact same thing, so either make it all holding down :abut:, or all tapping.

IMHO they SHOULD have kept single character X-treme powers AND had fusions as well.i agree. there have been a couple times where the 3 CPU controlled characters died on a boss and i was left alone, but i had 1 or 2 fusion stars built up which i could do nothing with. so, x-treme powers would have to run off the fusion power bar, otherwise it would be too confusing if you had 2 separate "super move" bars. single character super moves/extreme powers could use half a star, which would appear and glow on the fusion power bar when you got past the halfway point on the circle bar.

but how would you perform a single character super move? it could either be on the :rtbut: + :ybut: power track when you upgraded to the second red pip, or you could hold :ltbut: and press the button corresponding to the character you were using.

danksch
09-24-2009, 05:52 PM
i didnt say Thor was weak, but if you say hes more powerful than in the first one, thats just not true....he was the beast in MUA1 next to Mr. Fantastic (who is awful in this one btw). remember his buff that increased his attack speed? it went to crazy animations if you leveld it in combination with the standard Mjöllnir Bash. (RT A)

Pa Manster03
09-24-2009, 06:31 PM
IMHO Thor and Mr Fantastic are both phenominal in this game. Thor's charging hammer smash is amazing. I took Captain America out on Legendary with only Thor using that in the Ambush Level. Mr Fantastics Clearing Fusion with Deadpool is SICK! And his helicopter arm move clears out tons of baddies on Legendary. I don't have Juggernaught, but my fav characters are as follows
Thor
Deadpool
Gambit
Jean Grey/Songbird/Storm are all tied cuz there push back powers own people.
Green Goblin---single handedly took out Golitath on Legendary by flying and shooting from his sled thing.
Wolverine
Nick Fury
Invisisble Woman/Ms Marvel since they were both suprisingly strong for me.

The game did freeze on me a few times, but my game never lost my save spot. all things considered, it is an improvement over the first one for me. A bit buggy, but still good. I haven't done co-op yet, but my roommate gets his xbox back next week and im gonna take my profile over there and play it locally with him for the achievements.
Also, what achievements(aside from co-op) are glitchy for people? I've gotten every one that people say are glitched, so I'm just curious. Is it because ive been playing single player?

bobbowski
09-24-2009, 07:04 PM
To me this feels more like an expansion than a new game. They promoted the fusion thing but really how many different fusions are there. So many of them are the same it's not even funny. Also too much of the RPG aspect was taken away. Add that to the little things, autospend constantly being turned on when I change my guys out, the freezes that I have had happen occasionally and the fact I can't change my controller configuration! Jump should be A, attack should be X! On top of that they took some of my favorites away and left me with way too many that I don't care about!

Rewmac
09-25-2009, 01:35 PM
I agree about the first was much better. The campaing was longer, more interesting. The story was better written, more NPC characters showed up to chat or help or anything. Boss fights were also much more fun. Characters had 4 unique outfits with upgrades, tons of powers. I would gladly say no to the Fusion stuff if there would be 8 powers to each hero and 4 outfits. The graphics and effects though are better, but the main parts of the game are much less that fun. Sim missions are boring, uneventful.