PDA

View Full Version : How to defeat the Scarab on Kikowani Station

DJ Seg E
09-21-2009, 10:50 AM
When i first see the Scarab the in game voice says to shoot it in its legs and it wont be able to move, so i kept shooting at its legs over and over for about 45 minutes and got nowhere!
Also if i open up the VISR it says to either defeat the Scarab or evade it!

So my question is, how do i defeat the Scarab nice and quickly or how do i go about avoiding it?

Just a note to add, im playing through the game on Legendary and this is my first playthrough!

Loli Nekomimi
09-21-2009, 11:01 AM
To avoid it simply hit the switch to the door to the left of the Scarab and fly through.

Or repeatedly shoot at one of it's legs till it stops moving then move to it's backside and shoot off it's cover, than it's power supply. Once it blows up hit the switch to above door.

When i first see the Scarab the in game voice says to shoot it in its legs and it wont be able to move, so i kept shooting at its legs over and over for about 45 minutes and got nowhere!
Also if i open up the VISR it says to either defeat the Scarab or evade it!

So my question is, how do i defeat the Scarab nice and quickly or how do i go about avoiding it?

Just a note to add, im playing through the game on Legendary and this is my first playthrough!

MikeJJ
09-21-2009, 11:04 AM
After numerous failed attempts to kill in in the banshee on legendary, i did it the old fashioned way. Flew straight at it, bailed out, killed the one or two guys on board, and blew up the thingy at the back. :)

DJ Seg E
09-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the helpful information guys, gunna have another attempt at defeating it now!

Evading it was a nice easy option hehe, thanks again for the helpful information guys. :)

jackanape
09-21-2009, 01:14 PM
OMG a Scarab in a Halo game - WHAT A MAJOR SPOILER!!!!!!!!

Seriously, if people have nothing to add to a topic then don't post in them - especially insults and swearing.

xVx PUNISHER
09-21-2009, 06:02 PM
If it was "Help with scarab" then its ok.

But saying which mission and giving info is not cool.

DJ Seg E
09-21-2009, 09:58 PM
If it was "Help with scarab" then its ok.

But saying which mission and giving info is not cool.
If you dont want to know, dont enter the topic and dont make stupid posts

xVx PUNISHER
09-21-2009, 10:14 PM
I completed the game a long time ago ... but the title itself can be as spoiler for some.

And dont you call ppl's posts stupid cuz yours aint better. (ummm it says run or shoot the legs what i do?)

RK1 R33D
05-04-2010, 08:00 AM
thanks for this, haha. I tried several times to get it by shooting the legs, I had it down on the ground but couldn't get it down. I just ran opened the door and pushed through.

grim0187
05-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Ugh, playing through this game again to get the Naughty Naughty achievment, and totally forgot about this annoying scarab fight.

Oh well, at least Im on easy. :woop: