PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3: ODST Audio Files locations interactive map

Shadowmask
09-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Looking for those 30 audio files in New Mombassa and beyond, then maybe this handy map will take away some of the hunting around in the dark. Take a look at this interactive map.

MAP LINK HERE. (http://www.msxbox-world.com/features/Halo-3-ODST/index.php)

Shadowmancer88
09-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Thanks being looking for one.

Parkerktm
09-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Wow, Great Find and Thank You!!!!

Will hopefully get these knocked out in Co-op tonight.

Shadowmancer88
09-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Unfortunately its not printable, would prefer to have a print out on my lap when playing but still its good.

Pearson
09-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks for posting this, it will be useful tonight when I pick-up my game. :woop:

Tarvu
09-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Brilliant post, ta muchly.

jwmc1971
09-21-2009, 11:54 PM
thanks ...

IntenseFaCe0FF
09-22-2009, 12:04 AM
nice dude.. this will help..

Pearson
09-22-2009, 06:25 AM
Do you have to collect these in order? Because I found audio file #1 first and now I'm near #16 and it won't let me collect it.

EDIT: Apparently you need to get #24 and then you're able to get the others. Before I got #24 though, I got #25 & #29 first.

Agusta1
09-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Edit: Never mind, I got it

mjpartyboy
09-22-2009, 02:35 PM
I've just found the first one and number two's not active when I get to it. I also cannot open the shortcut door that's in this video on the way to two:

YouTube - Halo 3 ODST Audio Log Guide 2-8 "Ground Zero"

Kreten
09-22-2009, 04:51 PM
WTF is this... Me and buddy collect 29 audio on the streets I end the game after it saves choose to replay map data hive and it says it will delete the progress once i start the level we have 0 Audio collectibles wtf is with that?

Darklinge
09-22-2009, 05:26 PM
U have to start data hive from the streets, but I don'T know how to do this without playing all Flashbacks.

discostu1337
09-22-2009, 05:27 PM
I have spent the better part of an hour looking for #5 (5th from the very top - it says 5 in the pop-up window if you click on it) and it does not exist. The first picture shows some sort of security door on a second floor, but there is no door remotely close to that area. Anyone actually find it?

discostu1337
09-22-2009, 05:28 PM
WTF is this... Me and buddy collect 29 audio on the streets I end the game after it saves choose to replay map data hive and it says it will delete the progress once i start the level we have 0 Audio collectibles wtf is with that?

your audio progress NEVER resets, read what it says next time...it specifically says everything EXCEPT audio files will be deleted.

Darklinge
09-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Maybe it's diffrent in SP and Coop, cause in coop it resets.

nawtbird
09-22-2009, 05:47 PM
nice. i found a bunch but this will help with the rest

PlugInBaby
09-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Nice find with the map, will be useful getting the audio files in co-op later on.

Bearded Bugs
09-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the link, I just found the last one. :)

I like the story that's told through the audio logs.

DJ411
09-23-2009, 02:54 AM
Finally a map i can follow... anything and almost everything on Youtube doesn't help. And i think u can get some of the audiofiles in any order so the videos don't help if u are missing some.

L0rd Tuck3r
09-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Unfortunately its not printable, would prefer to have a print out on my lap when playing but still its good.

Use your "Print Screen" button. It copies the image on your screen. Then go to Paint and paste it on. Print to your heart's content.

H2O I
09-23-2009, 02:38 PM

wow me and my friend had the same exact thing happen to us, I think you half to enter data hive from the free roam but i dont know how :( maybe you half to do all the flashbacks in free roam co op be4 it sends you to do the non flashback lvl's such as data hive. some1 msg me on live if u figure this out b/c i have a co op save right now with 29 and i need to know what to do.

aussiegamer
09-23-2009, 03:08 PM
;D

me happeh.

Skullboynat
09-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Here is a printable picture guys;
http://i35.tinypic.com/nqqpgw.jpg

May need scaling down though, as it's pretty big.

Vendetta SSU
09-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Awesome. Thanks!

Lord Vlad 666
09-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks for posting.

BADDCOMPLEX
09-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks for posting that, pure greatness. :woop: :Bounce:

Infernium
09-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the map. Does anyone know if you need to beat certain missions to activate certain terminals? I am using the map and marking carefully (off a print screened copy) which ones I've finished and I cant get to number 16 yet. I'm in the exact right spot but the terminal is just blank. http://www.msxbox-world.com/features/Halo-3-ODST/audio-file-16.php

Midnighter459
09-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Is there any way of knowing which logs I've already found? I got 18 on my campaign playthrough without a guide and I want to go round and pickup the rest. If I could avoid running round to each local it'd save me some time.

elijah2352
09-24-2009, 04:14 AM
Can anybody tell me how these audio logs work? I have found a number of them, but the rest of them are inactive even though their right in front of me. Do you have to collect them in order?

FlameSSJ
09-24-2009, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the map. Does anyone know if you need to beat certain missions to activate certain terminals? I am using the map and marking carefully (off a print screened copy) which ones I've finished and I cant get to number 16 yet. I'm in the exact right spot but the terminal is just blank. http://www.msxbox-world.com/features/Halo-3-ODST/audio-file-16.php

I'm having the same problem. I just finished Kikowani Station after already defeating the other flashbacks. When I tried to run around and find some more audio files I was locked in that area. After reading online that the final audio file is in Data Hive, I went back and redid NMPD HQ. I've got 19 audio files, but none of the locations on the map are active. The only flashback that shows as completed now is NMPD HQ. Do I have to do all of the others except Kikowani to activate the rest of the audio locations?:confused:

thrush
09-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Hi i know i gonna sound like an idiot but when i click on the map link all i get is the text and a blank blue screen any ideas on what could be the problem

Thanks in advance

Venomized
09-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi i know i gonna sound like an idiot but when i click on the map link all i get is the text and a blank blue screen any ideas on what could be the problem

Thanks in advance

Adjust your secruity/firewalkk settings? No clue

Hope you don't mind Shadowmask but I linked your thread to the Guide.

Ace Of Darkside
09-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Me and my buddy were just looking for all the audio logs. we got 27 and we got disconnected. that is retarded that it didn't save them all.

YTown Nate Dogg
09-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks Shadowmask!

Bearded Bugs
09-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Can anybody tell me how these audio logs work? I have found a number of them, but the rest of them are inactive even though their right in front of me. Do you have to collect them in order?
I'm having the same problem. I just finished Kikowani Station after already defeating the other flashbacks. When I tried to run around and find some more audio files I was locked in that area. After reading online that the final audio file is in Data Hive, I went back and redid NMPD HQ. I've got 19 audio files, but none of the locations on the map are active. The only flashback that shows as completed now is NMPD HQ. Do I have to do all of the others except Kikowani to activate the rest of the audio locations?:confused: I would strongly recommend completing the game before finding all of the audio logs.

Once completed go back and reply the "Mombasa Streets" level and find the 29, then save and quit... replay the "Data Hive" level and the last audio log is in the frozen area with the doctor person. :)

BegFourMercy
09-24-2009, 01:08 PM
I am upset that I played for 2 hours with a freind and it does not remeber what audio files I have found when we exited and started Data Have. They took a step backward in this game with achivement tracking. We found all 29 and they make you play all the flashbacks in the same save. Come one....

BegFourMercy
09-24-2009, 01:09 PM
I have still using IE 6 and the map does now show. Is there anything specail that I need to do to see the map?

elijah2352
09-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Thankz, but I've beaten the game already. That's what I'm confused about. The audio logs still are not appearing right. I can't even collect 15 because 15 aren't activated. I went through the whole map and most of them were inactive.

Shadowmancer88
09-24-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm having the same problem as most people here, some or most of the audio log terminals don't show up in the game, I know where they are and how to get to them however the game won't let me get them they are just blank terminals.

Do I have to finish the game first then replay it to get them all?

I've heard you can get them all when you finish the game by replaying the streets level is that right?

Also is there a specific order to collect them in?, I'm following the map but a few don't show up.

Kreten
09-24-2009, 02:30 PM
your audio progress NEVER resets, read what it says next time...it specifically says everything EXCEPT audio files will be deleted. Ok then how do you explain this we collect 29 it saves we leave back to lobby choose to change to data hive it says it will delete the progress hit ok load data hive play it and that guy always die and you have 0 collectibles so read the post b4 being a smart ass

Kreten
09-24-2009, 02:35 PM
wow me and my friend had the same exact thing happen to us, I think you half to enter data hive from the free roam but i dont know how :( maybe you half to do all the flashbacks in free roam co op be4 it sends you to do the non flashback lvl's such as data hive. some1 msg me on live if u figure this out b/c i have a co op save right now with 29 and i need to know what to do. Yeah i've found that out the hard way we did it twice so if you're doing it in CO OP you have to start all the levels until data hive and that last audio but if you're doing it SOLO it will save audio collectibles even if you quit out of map

Gman2
09-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Here is a printable picture guys;
http://i35.tinypic.com/nqqpgw.jpg

May need scaling down though, as it's pretty big.

Image has been removed, but I've done my own:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4873/audiolocationsodst.jpg

I've currently got 25 out of 30.

Xx Overkill VR
09-24-2009, 03:51 PM
wow me and my friend had the same exact thing happen to us, I think you half to enter data hive from the free roam but i dont know how :( maybe you half to do all the flashbacks in free roam co op be4 it sends you to do the non flashback lvl's such as data hive. some1 msg me on live if u figure this out b/c i have a co op save right now with 29 and i need to know what to do.

if u ever do mission select or change the difficulty in pregame then you lose all of your coop progress and i mean everything. on single player u only lose campaign progress but keep ur audio files

Mattman116
09-24-2009, 08:15 PM
hmm im doing it co op i have 13 so far
i have completed it previously, no more are activating please help

mclinton92
09-24-2009, 11:32 PM
For anyone whos wondering about a map that can sit on your lap, i stitched together the interactive map just to give you a basic idea.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f363/mjnw92/haloodstmap.jpg

Simzo
09-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Great find dude, thanks. Will definitely use this when I go through on co-op.

bmags66
09-25-2009, 04:52 PM
For anyone whos wondering about a map that can sit on your lap, i stitched together the interactive map just to give you a basic idea.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f363/mjnw92/haloodstmap.jpg

With the map now gone because of the "violation", can you please email it to me at bmags66@hotmail.com? Thanks alot,

Phydeaux
09-25-2009, 05:11 PM
That's weird that photobucket would kick it. If you shoot an email to me with it attached, I'll get it hosted on one of my blogs so it won't get taken down.

phydeaux@whoisphydeaux.com

Spanish Assault
09-25-2009, 05:27 PM
I tried to follow the link to the map and it's not showing. The other day someone had pasted it on a forum. Does anyone wknow where that is?

EDIT: Found it!

Infection Ftw
09-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Epic..found 28/30. The last one is on Data Hive but I still need 1 in New Mombassa. I just can't find it..and one of them looks like 1 but I can't activate it=\

Julius
09-25-2009, 08:37 PM
That's weird that photobucket would kick it. If you shoot an email to me with it attached, I'll get it hosted on one of my blogs so it won't get taken down.

phydeaux@whoisphydeaux.com

It's not rocket science man, photobucket removed the image quite simply because they are hosting copyrighted and protected material which is illegal and they are therefore liable for damages accordingly.

Use of copyright protected material without permission is illegal so on the basis you are willing to host illegal material you won't be overly surprised when the copyright owner presses charges accordingly will you? Obviously your a bigger fish in the pond than photobucket and are willing to be unlike photobucket prosecuted for hosting illegal images.

It's quite obvious the image was stolen from http://www.msxbox-world.com/features/Halo-3-ODST/index.php and any fuck whit can see quite clearly the copyright notice on the page:

" Copyright msxbox-world & their respected owners. Reproduction is strictly prohibited without prior written permission."

HarperBird
09-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Epic..found 28/30. The last one is on Data Hive but I still need 1 in New Mombassa. I just can't find it..and one of them looks like 1 but I can't activate it=

try looking in the bottom right hand corner cause tht was the one me and a mate took ages to find!

mclinton92
09-26-2009, 01:27 AM
haha, i clearly didnt try to steal the image, i got some gnarly letter from photobucket throwing tears.

Will email that photo later (working now)

i too am missing one in new mombossa, so fustrating.

Is there one that everyone misses?

Lil Tuck91
09-26-2009, 03:24 AM
yea im stuck on 28/30 on my run, so i ran back through a second time and still no luck on finding it !!!! but on the interacting map The 6th message location pictures are off it shows one then another in the other picture anyone plz help

NaK Quinn
09-26-2009, 04:51 AM
Anyone figure out if you can load the last mission and grab them all, then go back and get Data Hive, or do you have to start from the beginning?

I have beaten the game on Legendary, I loaded up the last level, got 2 or 3 data's and it said 2/30, 3/30 etc etc. Then the next few on the map, and yes I was at the correct spot, I could not select the data thing. It wasnt lit up or anything. So....do you have to play through the game and get them? We collected a few in Co-Op which I knew doesnt save, but why are some unattainable? Do they need to be collected in any kind of order?

edit: ok, I reloaded last mission. I went counter clockwise on that map and got all 29 then went and grabbed the 30th. Didnt take long, I think that there is an order to them.

adz5000
09-26-2009, 11:12 AM
http://www.msxbox-world.com/features/Halo-3-ODST/audio-file-25.php

I can't get through the door in the first pic to get audio log No.25

HELP PLEASE I only need this one, another which i can't find because i have ticked off all but No.25 on my printed map, then the data hive one.

tuk3r
09-26-2009, 11:53 AM
i wouldnt follow that interactive map, it wasnt very precise on the locations, i found it was missing audio file number 9 aswell or it got messed up with another audio file by the creator, i spent 3 1/2 hours on that map and got nowhere, so instead i followed THESE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=176631) "video" guides which is hugely precise, within an hour or so i had most of them, granted i did miss 1 because i thought i collected 1 when i didnt, someone mentioned on the forums if your near an audio log you'll hear car alarms going off or hear police sirens going off so i used this tactic to find my last one and then it was off to the hive to collect my achievement!

tuk3r
09-26-2009, 11:57 AM
http://www.msxbox-world.com/features/Halo-3-ODST/audio-file-25.php

I can't get through the door in the first pic to get audio log No.25

HELP PLEASE I only need this one, another which i can't find because i have ticked off all but No.25 on my printed map, then the data hive one.

try walking around the building incase your at the wrong door, iirc there was doors that look identical to others but werent accessible but others were

Dr0kz
09-26-2009, 06:10 PM
So we went trough the collecting TWICE now, get to data hive and the door is shut, any idea?

Spanish Assault
09-26-2009, 06:14 PM
So we went trough the collecting TWICE now, get to data hive and the door is shut, any idea?
This achievement is going to drive me INSANE!!! I have 28/30 I don't know which one is missing cause I marked them all...

BTW the only way to get this on COOP is to play straight through. You can;t beat the game and then go back and try and get5 it...it won't work.

Dr0kz
09-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Carmona, thats a good 4 hours wasted for us :/ Guess it's solo then.

These logs feels very cheap and a very easy way out.

Spanish Assault
09-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Carmona, thats a good 4 hours wasted for us :/ Guess it's solo then.

These logs feels very cheap and a very easy way out.
I feel your pain...we wasted 2 and a half...

theFoffo
09-26-2009, 07:40 PM
I have 19 of them and all the others in Mombasa aren't lighting up....they are just inactive and I'm sure of which ones I've got or not.

Why they don't activate?

Il Duce NOR
09-26-2009, 07:43 PM
argh... 28/30!! I used the map after i finished the game, i am also sure that i went trough all of them... that sucks indeed!!

Edit: Nice, I just drove like crazy around an listend after a sirens or car alarm, an indeed i found it. Thanks to the guy who wrote about it. :drunk

Spanish Assault
09-27-2009, 01:40 AM
argh... 28/30!! I used the map after i finished the game, i am also sure that i went trough all of them... that sucks indeed!!

Edit: Nice, I just drove like crazy around an listend after a sirens or car alarm, an indeed i found it. Thanks to the guy who wrote about it. :drunk
This was a life saver!!! I was at the dreaded 28/30 with no idea which one I had...I drove around till I heard the car alarm and found it.

vVv Fang vVv
09-27-2009, 02:25 AM
Anyone know how to get to number 29? ( The one all the way at the bottom)

Edit: Never mind, found it. Had to go through a security door i didnt see.

RICHARDlaiv
09-27-2009, 03:35 AM
Driving mongoose through Mombasa after u finished all the campaing itz the better thing to achieve this achievement, I think..

Before reading this guide I was 4/30 audiofiles, in 1 hour I reached all of them on Easy and killing 0 enemies..and playing solo is better too..

RocketMan35
09-27-2009, 04:04 AM
After racking my brain for 4 days searching the streets of New Mombosa, I was at the 28/30 stage this morning - found #29, then saved my game and played Data Hive for the 30th! Audiophile Complete!

Subzero323
09-27-2009, 04:28 AM
ok question, can i do all the missions on solo campaign till before data hive level collect 29 then continue story to reach data hive or do i have to get 29 then save and quit and then choose the level. PLUS if i get to before the last level is it possible that all the 29 logs, will the be all active or do i have to get a certain amount before i progress further in camapign

JD FTW
09-27-2009, 05:13 AM
Thank you very much for the map, was very very helpfull :)

Spanish Assault
09-27-2009, 05:19 AM
ok question, can i do all the missions on solo campaign till before data hive level collect 29 then continue story to reach data hive or do i have to get 29 then save and quit and then choose the level. PLUS if i get to before the last level is it possible that all the 29 logs, will the be all active or do i have to get a certain amount before i progress further in camapign
You have to save and quit cause you can't access Data Hive from the streets.

Phydeaux
09-27-2009, 06:34 AM
It's not rocket science man, photobucket removed the image quite simply because they are hosting copyrighted and protected material which is illegal and they are therefore liable for damages accordingly.

Use of copyright protected material without permission is illegal so on the basis you are willing to host illegal material you won't be overly surprised when the copyright owner presses charges accordingly will you? Obviously your a bigger fish in the pond than photobucket and are willing to be unlike photobucket prosecuted for hosting illegal images.

It's quite obvious the image was stolen from http://www.msxbox-world.com/features/Halo-3-ODST/index.php and any fuck whit can see quite clearly the copyright notice on the page:

" Copyright msxbox-world & their respected owners. Reproduction is strictly prohibited without prior written permission."
Stolen? They're using Bungie's resources in a guide for not profit. It's falls under our laws concerning fair use. If anything, the people who made the interactive map can get in trouble if they're not licensing the visual content from Bungie. The don't even have the right to slap a copyright on it since they weren't the ones creating the art in the first place.

And it's "fuckwit" not "fuck whit", moron.

I swear, some of you goddamn newbs talk a whole lot for not knowing jack shit.

Offer still stands if it still needs a host.

sanctusmortis
09-27-2009, 08:50 AM
The page is marked as copyright, IIRC.

EDIT: " Copyright msxbox-world & their respected owners.
Reproduction is strictly prohibited without prior written permission."

Julius
09-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Stolen? They're using Bungie's resources in a guide for not profit. It's falls under our laws concerning fair use. If anything, the people who made the interactive map can get in trouble if they're not licensing the visual content from Bungie. The don't even have the right to slap a copyright on it since they weren't the ones creating the art in the first place.

And it's "fuckwit" not "fuck whit", moron.

I swear, some of you goddamn newbs talk a whole lot for not knowing jack shit.

Offer still stands if it still needs a host.
And your knowledge of if they have any form of licensing with Bungie is what exactly?

This is just another classic example of some "I've Got Big Balls When I'm Posting in Forums Fuck Whit" making completely unfounded claims which they quite simply are unable to substantiate. Now run along and why not have a go at popping your other foot in your mouth now little boy!

cbkste
09-27-2009, 01:23 PM
best way find sum1 on 29 and join them 4 data hive and collect the last 1, u get the all 30 audio tapes achivment.

sanctusmortis
09-27-2009, 02:32 PM
best way find sum1 on 29 and join them 4 data hive and collect the last 1, u get the all 30 audio tapes achivment.

That wouldn't work though; co-op and solo track separately, so what you collect solo you haven't in co-op.

Phydeaux
09-27-2009, 04:04 PM
And your knowledge of if they have any form of licensing with Bungie is what exactly?

This is just another classic example of some "I've Got Big Balls When I'm Posting in Forums Fuck Whit" making completely unfounded claims which they quite simply are unable to substantiate. Now run along and why not have a go at popping your other foot in your mouth now little boy!

Tell you what. I'll go ahead and report their site for a copyright violation to Bungie directly, and we'll see how long it stays up, how about it?

You can't just slap a copyright on someone else's work because you added something to it. And how about you contribute a little something in your research before just talking about my big balls? I substantiated my claims; explained it pretty clearly, but instead you've jumped right to the personal insults without adding anything else.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#107

It's for non-profit, educational purposes. So they can't get in trouble with Bungie for doing it but they CAN get in trouble for claiming the map as their own.

This is why we can't have nice things.

LouisD
09-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Can someone please tell me how to drive a vehicle around Mombasa? I haven't stumbled upon one yet and it would be helpful.

I'm on 28/30 and I've ticked off all the areas of the map. However, if you look at audio file 6, there's two images and I'm only able to locate the first. Any ideas?

http://www.msxbox-world.com/features/Halo-3-ODST/audio-file-6.php

Bearded Bugs
09-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Can someone please tell me how to drive a vehicle around Mombasa? I haven't stumbled upon one yet and it would be helpful. You can find Mongoose ATVs in about a third of the supply caches, and sometimes you come across Brutes piloting Ghosts which you can steal.

Subion
09-28-2009, 12:21 AM
I've followed the map 4 times now and all I came up with is 26/30. I even tried tracking down alarms and sirens for an hour. I heard alot at one point but now I can't find a single one.

tdworldbreaker
09-28-2009, 03:33 AM
I'm so mad. I went through it, got all 29, then I went to go to the Data Hive and I can't without deleting everything. I just wasted a lot of my time trying to do this with my friend. Now I have to do it again solo this time. I didn't look at the thread till after I did it :/

tdworldbreaker
09-28-2009, 03:38 AM
Ok, I think I found a way around this. Before quitting or anything, we found the level right before data hive. So we are going to try beating that level and see if it takes us to data hive. I'll test it and post my findings.

tdworldbreaker
09-28-2009, 03:54 AM
Didn't work, we have to do ALL the levels. I'm not doing that, I'll just look for them all tomorrow. >_<

slg360
09-28-2009, 04:51 AM
kinda pissed, i played once and collected 6, then played today using this, i screen shot the map, and i was marking them off as i went, but i only have 28 and not 29, from what i counted, is there a better way to tell? and im pretty sure i found them all, is there a way to tell which i forgot?

HooDLuM
09-28-2009, 07:37 AM
thanks for the map dude

CountryMud
09-28-2009, 07:49 AM
I just completed Kikowani Station - back in Mambasa, and the bottom left area *Audio Diary #29* still has a force field all the way around it. What mission must be completed to then have access to that area?!?!

FunkyDYL
09-28-2009, 12:55 PM
u just walk up 2 it and hold rb and it will automatically work

Bearded Bugs
09-28-2009, 01:05 PM
I just completed Kikowani Station - back in Mambasa, and the bottom left area *Audio Diary #29* still has a force field all the way around it. What mission must be completed to then have access to that area?!?! If you mean the one I think you mean, then a little way to the left of the force field is a security door which leads to the audio log.

Led
09-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Finally got them all. I missed #26 somehow, where you have to jump on the ledge. Anyway thanks for the map!

Led
09-28-2009, 05:46 PM
kinda pissed, i played once and collected 6, then played today using this, i screen shot the map, and i was marking them off as i went, but i only have 28 and not 29, from what i counted, is there a better way to tell? and im pretty sure i found them all, is there a way to tell which i forgot?

You might look for #26 before having to backtrack too much. It seems like the only one kinda out of the way to me.

MasterSparky
09-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Ive just wasted 3 hours in co-op. then find out u cant do it! Pissed oFF!!!

I KeMiKaL I
09-28-2009, 11:12 PM
on that map there are two number 1's and no number 9. I have 28 logs and have gone through the map 3 times re-looking for the one that I missed before I go to data hive. Is this glitched at all?

ASJ07
09-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Good Job, I try tomorrow.

tdworldbreaker
09-28-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm going to start over again today. This time on Solo. I have an idea, I'm going to save the map and go on paint and cross them off as I go :P Should make it a bit easier. :D

PistonFan363
09-29-2009, 01:24 AM
This has helped me a lot, thanks for posting it.

I cerox I
09-30-2009, 12:20 AM
n1 thx dude

rabidpuppy
09-30-2009, 12:34 AM
When xboxworld did the saints row 2 map in this manner you could mark them complete as you went. I would definately suggest pasting into paint/photoshop and marking off as you go.

I played the game on normal and didn't go out of my way to collect the audio logs. When finished, I loaded up the mombasa (sp) streets mission, visited each log and marked it off until I had all 29, then loaded the data hive (on easy to save time), and got the bleep bloop.

It took perhaps 90 minutes all up. I forgot that the game wasn't paused when looking at the map once or twice and got killed (had the sound off). Don't do that.

SWAGGART
09-30-2009, 02:21 AM
Great find thanks for posting this, top stuff!!

CountryMud
09-30-2009, 03:29 AM
I think we need someone to confirm whether or not you CAN get all 29 primary audio logs AFTER completing Kikowani Station, before going to the Hive.

I went through the whole game again, and after kikowani station, NONE of the 29 audio log locations are showing active, when i still have 1 left to go. Am I suppose to get some BEFORE a certain point in the game?

Shalazar Viate
09-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Do you have to collect these in order? Because I found audio file #1 first and now I'm near #16 and it won't let me collect it.

EDIT: Apparently you need to get #24 and then you're able to get the others. Before I got #24 though, I got #25 & #29 first.
Some of them won't become active until after certain flashbacks.

DogFromHell
09-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Shadowmask, you fucking rock dude! I have been Googleing all day and found several videos, I dont want to watch someone do it I want to know where it is! This map is perfect and precise... Audio Logs here I come!

Trivial
09-30-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm on right now, and looking for Security Zone, Rally Point. Also going for endure on Alpha Site.

GT: Trivial QQ more

Baconarcher
10-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Thanks, helped me get last few logs which were in obscure locations :)

JCDRANZER
10-03-2009, 07:54 AM
This is a LEGEND of a GUIDE tbh. I used it earlier this week to get the achievement.

HENCE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR POSTING THE LINK TO THE INTERACTIVE MAP.

I now know where all the audio log's locations off by heart. =):woop:

Dierks48
10-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Me and my bro have been playing the campaign on Legendary, we just completed all the flashbacks but haven't started Data Hive yet...

If I am not mistaken, we should be able to track down all audio files that we don't have, and then play data hive to get the achievement?

We currently have 18~ audio files found.

JCDRANZER
10-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Me and my bro have been playing the campaign on Legendary, we just completed all the flashbacks but haven't started Data Hive yet...

If I am not mistaken, we should be able to track down all audio files that we don't have, and then play data hive to get the achievement?

We currently have 18~ audio files found.

I believe your gonna have a problem because after you finished Kikowani Station, you end up with a restricted version of Mombasa Streets and you may not be able to collect the other 11 audio logs but you should try nonetheless because I only heard about it and not know if its actually true.....I'm just putting the word out though.

Good Luck! =):drunk

Gilian85
10-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the map

Agent JFG
10-04-2009, 09:44 PM
your audio progress NEVER resets, read what it says next time...it specifically says everything EXCEPT audio files will be deleted.
Actually, that only works when you play single player. When you play Co-op, you have to play through the whole game because they do disappear when you quit.

MiGfire
10-05-2009, 02:01 AM
There's many clues that tell you an audio log is near by:

1) Alarms/Sirens (car alarms, police sirens, one includes beeping)

2) Phone Ringing

3) Blinking Street Lights

4) Some ATM machine thing saying "PLEASE COLLECT YOUR TICKETS". It is shooting out tickets as well.

5) Similar to the ATM machine thing, except it's not saying anything, and instead of tickets, it's shooting out coins.

You can tell these are clues, because after the audio log is accessed, all the clues for that specific audio log, will stop making noise and shut off.

Shadowmask
10-06-2009, 11:18 AM
on that map there are two number 1's and no number 9. I have 28 logs and have gone through the map 3 times re-looking for the one that I missed before I go to data hive. Is this glitched at all?

That has been fixed days ago. Cheers.

the_b1ues
10-06-2009, 06:31 PM
I have spent the better part of an hour looking for #5 (5th from the very top - it says 5 in the pop-up window if you click on it) and it does not exist. The first picture shows some sort of security door on a second floor, but there is no door remotely close to that area. Anyone actually find it?

I am aslo stuck on this one i used a video guide to and its not here.

mgeoff88
10-06-2009, 08:48 PM
That map is pretty cool, definitely going to come in handy. I tried my best to make a printable version, keep in mind that there is some clipping at the top and bottom.

Also the quality isn't the best when printing, but it's good enough.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3228/halo3odstaudiolog.jpg
Credit goes to the person who originally made the map.

strathmeyer
10-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Ugh, what exactly do people think "interactive" means?

I'm at 22/30, and have checked every single location on the map. This thread is full of tons people asking questions and nobody answering them. Oh, well.

SAVE AND QUIT

Iv AJay vI
10-07-2009, 08:52 AM
This map is rape..

Bearded Bugs
10-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Not sure why so many people are having problems with this map... I used it to find every single audio log rather quickly, and every symbol seemed to be in the right position... just use some intuition and it's simple.

Tanabeo
10-08-2009, 05:57 AM
thanks for the post

strathmeyer
10-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Not sure why so many people are having problems with this map... I used it to find every single audio log rather quickly, and every symbol seemed to be in the right position... just use some intuition and it's simple.

At what point were you in the mission progress when you did this? (Your post was so close to being helpful...)

the_b1ues
10-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Why isnt number 5 highlighted!! Cant be mission progress as its the only one thats not. working. This strange thought id try a new game at it there but the area looks different no blow up cars or anything.

Bearded Bugs
10-08-2009, 09:37 PM
At what point were you in the mission progress when you did this? (Your post was so close to being helpful...) I had finished the campaign, then just went back to the "Mombasa Streets" level, and worked my way through them. I'd already got a few from playing through the campaign obviously, but as far as I can remember none of the audio logs are in similar surroundings as other ones... so it's easy to recognise ones that you've already found through the campaign and move onto the next one.

ntb213
10-10-2009, 04:49 AM
It shouldn't delete the logs it says it will delete your progress but not your VISR Comm Data.

spunyun
10-10-2009, 02:27 PM
How do I get to the area for #8?

spunyun
10-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Best guide I've found:

http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/Halo_3_ODST_Audio_Log_Locations

Shouldn't have any problems finding anything with that one.

nappster187
10-11-2009, 01:44 PM
From reading one of the above posts, so if there is an alarm going off, an audio file is definitely near by????

Spanish Assault
10-11-2009, 03:48 PM
From reading one of the above posts, so if there is an alarm going off, an audio file is definitely near by????
Yes...if you can hear a car alarm, etc...then that means an audio file is near.

Spanish Assault
10-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Ugh, what exactly do people think "interactive" means?

I'm at 22/30, and have checked every single location on the map. This thread is full of tons people asking questions and nobody answering them. Oh, well.

SAVE AND QUIT
You should be listing for car alarms/police sirens. If you can hear them, then that means you didn't get the audio log.

Surgeon_Sniper
10-12-2009, 06:10 AM
Just now getting around to this. Thanks for saving me a ridiculous amount of time.

Baihu1983
10-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Cool, ive started a new game on easy so i can go around looking for all the files.

shotyMCshotster
10-14-2009, 08:55 PM
good map thanks

strathmeyer
10-15-2009, 08:04 PM
I had finished the campaign, then just went back to the "Mombasa Streets" level, and worked my way through them. I'd already got a few from playing through the campaign obviously, but as far as I can remember none of the audio logs are in similar surroundings as other ones... so it's easy to recognise ones that you've already found through the campaign and move onto the next one.

Well, I completed the campaign and got about 15 logfiles, loaded up "Mobasa Streets" and found about 5 more (after checking every location on the map.) Then I rechecked every location and gave up. I started up my legendary playthough, and after I completed "ONI Alpha" another one magically showed up.

This thread is full of people who have the achievement and are making fun of others because it was so easy for them, and are drowning out the people who actually want to help.

I don't see how what you wrote was supposed to be helpful at all.

komodokid77
10-16-2009, 12:16 AM
I have a printable version right here if anyone is interested. I just took a bunch of screenshots and pasted them together. You will however have to down size it a lot, but that's your problem.

nappster187
10-16-2009, 07:10 PM
http://achievementhunter.com/games/halo3odst/guide/

best map I have found.....

Bearded Bugs
10-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Well, I completed the campaign and got about 15 logfiles, loaded up "Mobasa Streets" and found about 5 more (after checking every location on the map.) Then I rechecked every location and gave up. I started up my legendary playthough, and after I completed "ONI Alpha" another one magically showed up.

This thread is full of people who have the achievement and are making fun of others because it was so easy for them, and are drowning out the people who actually want to help.

I don't see how what you wrote was supposed to be helpful at all.

I wasn't making fun of anyone, I'm sorry that it glitched for you.

But that doesn't mean that my post wouldn't be reassuring for someone without a glitched run-through.

NUTZILLA313
10-18-2009, 11:57 PM
http://achievementhunter.com/games/halo3odst/guide/

best map I have found.....

Amazing guide. Thanks for the great find dude!:uzi::eek:

padraiglovesyou
11-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Amazing guide. Thanks for the great find dude!:uzi::eek:

Agreed that map is perfect

fear30x
11-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Some of the audio logs dont light up (not hightlighted)

keep track if this happends

Also msxbox-worlds audio log numbers are sorta backwards As you didnt start there so why would it be number one, yet where u do start campaign is number (16)

i used the maps & video from www.nextgenwalkthroughs.com (http://www.nextgenwalkthroughs.com)

http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/Halo_3_ODST_Audio_Log_Locations (http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/Halo_3_ODST_Audio_Log_Locations)?

fear30x
11-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Some of the audio logs dont light up (not hightlighted)

keep track if this happends

Also msxbox-worlds audio log numbers are sorta backwards As you didnt start there so why would it be number one, yet where u do start campaign is number (16)

i used the maps & video from www.nextgenwalkthroughs.com (http://www.nextgenwalkthroughs.com)

http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/Halo_3_ODST_Audio_Log_Locations (http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/Halo_3_ODST_Audio_Log_Locations)?
So today some of the Audio logs unglitched for me to get them today, except audio log number 2 which willnot light up at all, so for sure log 30 cant be gotten yet, and the lock up on this game is unbelieveable in campaign

Achiever TM
12-08-2009, 02:26 PM
thanks for the map. helped me alot geting all Audio Files

Reggiez
12-14-2009, 05:10 AM
Great to have access to maps and guides! :)

Not so great to have this game behave totally weird though. I just went through every single audio file location in the city trying to find 8/30 and all of them were non-activated. I had the map close at hand and checked the locations off as I went along. The first 7/30 were also all scattered without any logical way of knowing why they were the ones.

I have thoroughly enjoyed ODST earlier but this is simply put it, trash. I don't like to chase around looking for things to be yellow and find that none of them are. I hope this will sort itself out when I start the game again next time. If not then it really is a weird glitch. I did find 7/30 after all. :confused:

Oh, and I have finished the campaign already and tonight tried to find the audio-logs via Mombasa-streets mode.

EDIT: I finally made it. Had to start a new campaign to get the rest of the audio-files. Most of them became available after the first two missions and the rest activated between different missions. Quite the hassle really.

Oinkness
12-21-2009, 08:27 PM
This thread should be stickied. *bump*

soloteg
03-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks, awesome map

kinggamer
04-11-2010, 06:27 AM
So I don't get it, some of them arn't highlighted for me, does that mean I have to go back later and see if it works?

Ike Greil111
06-28-2010, 08:27 PM
I really need a printable guide but i can't find one
:uzi::(

victastic8
07-02-2010, 07:10 PM
This was very helpful, thanks a lot!

jhowal
07-03-2010, 05:21 AM
hi my gamertag is jhowal i am asking for help in endure in halo 3 odst so if anyone would like to help message me on xbox live, once again my gamertag is jhowal.

fuzz n ga
07-10-2010, 05:30 PM
thanks great map

Ganden
07-17-2010, 10:49 AM
got to the end of the guide and only had 28 audio logs, and remembered the one i forgot to check because i thought i already had it :P

echX
07-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Great guide, thanks!

I'm sorry to hear that this achievement glitches for some players, I hate when that happens.

Also I think it should be added to the Achievement Guide that:

- Do it in Solo Play mode since Co-Op campaign won't save audiophile progress
- it is better to do this one after you beat the campaign once so you can raom the city free
- you can do it on easy difficulty setting making the few fights you don't manage to avoid easier
- look for a Mongoose in the availble ammo stashes to make the trip faster and drive past many enemies
- listen for car alarms, talking ATM-machines and payphones pouring out coins, there is an Audiophile nearby

I read this entire thread and picked up on these various tips. I got around 10-15 logs during casual playthrough, and with these tricks I mopped the rest up in less that one hour and a half.

Hope you all guys out there having problem with this get it done eventually. I really liked ODST, it's an interesting game :D

Cheers!

anorexicwes
07-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Thanks for making this, better than the videos.