PDA

View Full Version : Tips for 1st Arena Level 12?

Ralph The Rogue
09-22-2009, 05:29 AM
I'm not sure if there is more than one arena for level 12 because I can't seem to get past the first one with all the exploding gas cans. I can get 2 doors shut, but it's impossible to get to the multipliers to regain any health. Any tips as I would like to wrap this up before going into an ODST coma tomorrow and never getting back to wrap up this game.

Thanks.

Dead Herb
09-22-2009, 10:41 AM
my advice to do any of the arenas on the harder settings is to constantly be in slowdown all the time continually jumping then sliding rinse and repeat thats all I used constantly rarely picking up combo multipliers.

floodie.US
09-22-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm having a bit of the same problem. Dead Herb, I've pretty much been doing that a majority of the game, almost as a requirement to being successful. I suppose I'm just going to take a break, and allow the frustration to become abated and try again later.

Ralph The Rogue
09-22-2009, 02:10 PM
There's usually a particular wall you need to climb or something else that makes a particular arena "do-able". I'm doing what Dead Herb suggests, but I must be missing something. I've tried going directly to the turret, closing one door then turret, closing two doors then turret, etc. The turret is nice as you can really put the hurt on the mini gun boss, but there is no way to get across the map in time to take him down with X. He will end up healing before you get to him. Attempts to take him down from the floor work pretty well, but when I go up on the platform to finish him off, I end up getting killed by someone above that I'm not seeing. I guess it's just a keep trying and trying and trying situation.

Ralph The Rogue
09-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Well I finally got past it and finished the game. I didn't remember I had picked Fixer difficulty when I started the game. Now it make sense why this game was difficult the first time through.

What worked for me on this level was to take out the guy immediately in front, and quick spin for the guy behind you. Keep moving past him and nail the guy on the left with the exploding barrel on the platform. Move right and B slide under the boat and blow the barrels while you slide. Knock out that door first. Jump in this little area and kill the guy way out in front of you in the corner, and keep shooting the guys coming out of the other door to build your multiplier. Slide back under the boats and close door number 2. Start working on the minigun guy and approach using the ramp on the right. Take him out and get the second cutscene. Run back to the 2nd door you closed and climb the truck to the second level. Jump around and lay waste to the 4 guys up here. Beware the exploding barrels and grenades they now start throwing. Close the two doors as soon as possible. If you need health, there are bottles on each end of the balcony. It took a long time to find a workable strategy, but this one worked for me. Good Luck.

jeffy x360a
09-23-2009, 03:29 AM
mine was similar to the one above i went straight for the first door killed the guy who come out it and the one who runs up from behind if your facing the door. i then went after the guy in the left corner and blew up the barrel then immediatly got the door under the platform where the gatling gun guy is then went for the one in the back corner from here next to the crates. followed that up with getting the gatling gun guy. then the rest was a breeze. there is 2 energy refills on here once you take out the gatling gun dude its a lot easier.

tankoman
09-29-2009, 02:38 PM
well im gonna try those ways to get past the arena and hopefully it will work

nel e nel
09-30-2009, 05:16 PM
FYI - the last two doors on this arena do NOT open up until AFTER you've killed the mini-gun minion.

The main thing I made sure to do was to blow up all the barrels as I went along cause more than once I'd miss one and a stray shot would hit one right when I was next to it.

Also, if standing under the mini-gun boss, facing the mounted gun opposite from him, there is a corner on the left hand side behind the crates/ramp (right by the monkey logo on the wall) that you can hide out in and he can't get to you. Good place to let your multiplier run out and regenerate your health.

I also found that you can take a swig even in the middle of combat, so if you're really hurting, try and make it to one of the whiskey bottles and swig it ASAP

littlejay
10-04-2009, 01:24 PM
i can easily kill the mini gun guy on ultra hard but the guys up top always have a random grenade to throw at me even if i am 2ft away from them. it's the most trouble ive had on ultra so far. ill get it but it is a pain.

btw i only died once on road rage playing ultra hard and that took me 2 hours on hard. it helps to save your ammo until that level because you only really need the upgraded pistol for the rest of the game killing normal guys