PDA

View Full Version : My Predictions

Phate
09-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Being a big fan of the Tekken series, I can't help but speculate on what the new game is going to be like on the 360.

Firstly, the characters. There are 40 characters to choose from, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that online play is going to consist of lots of Kazuya's, lots of Paul's and Yoshimitsu's. There might be a few King players (ie ME!) and some technically-proficient Dragunov players... But apart from that I don't think we'll see much of the other characters.

Secondly, the achievements. I will assume right off the bat that there is going to 1 achievement per character for completing their particular story. There will be a couple of achievements for completing Arcade/Story mode on certain difficulties (orobably the hardest). There will be an achievement for utilising the new "rage" system and the destructable environments. One for unlocking all the characters, and then a few online achievements. I'm hoping there will be some 10-hit combo-related achievements, too.

Sadly, I think the online will be slim pickings at best, since this game will be taking on MW2 in the runup to christmas. Here's hoping it survives.

Any other predictions from you heathens?

Darkxid3
09-22-2009, 10:56 PM
There Definately be complete story with every character, unlock all items.

Achievement for hardest Difficulty

Wont be one for unlocking all charcaters tho since theyre all unlocked from the start

Phate
09-23-2009, 12:06 AM
There Definately be complete story with every character, unlock all items.

Achievement for hardest Difficulty

Wont be one for unlocking all charcaters tho since theyre all unlocked from the start

Really? Wasn't aware of that. Dunno how it'll feel, not having to unlock anybody...

Darkxid3
09-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Yea i wernt too keen coz i like playing and earning something but i guess theres clothes and costumes instead.

Phate
09-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Yea i wernt too keen coz i like playing and earning something but i guess theres clothes and costumes instead.

Yeah, just like Dark Resurrection on PSP.

ReignerRuler
09-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Firstly, the characters. There are 40 characters to choose from

There is infact 42 characters, since the console version is 'Bloodline Rebelion' which adds Alisa Boskonovitch and Lars Alexandersson

Any other predictions from you heathens?

I predict a great game.

But why would you not want all the characters all ready unlocked? Surely its better to be able to play as your favourite character(s) from the start rather than having to chore with someone else to unlock them?

Phate
09-27-2009, 05:44 PM
There is infact 42 characters, since the console version is 'Bloodline Rebelion' which adds Alisa Boskonovitch and Lars Alexandersson

I predict a great game.

But why would you not want all the characters all ready unlocked? Surely its better to be able to play as your favourite character(s) from the start rather than having to chore with someone else to unlock them?

I like the process of unlocking characters. It simply feels more accomplished when you have a full roster after completing the game with everyone.

NATH4Nx
09-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Love tekken my only worry is the D-pad.I dunno if im gonna be able to pull of a decent 10 hit combo when its blocky.

AlmightyBronco
09-29-2009, 09:47 AM
You are assuming the achievements are going to be similar to SF4. I think they will probably have alot for the "Tekken force" mode or whatever its called in this game

Phate
09-30-2009, 06:04 AM
You are assuming the achievements are going to be similar to SF4. I think they will probably have alot for the "Tekken force" mode or whatever its called in this game

Yeah, presumably.

wcgalo
09-30-2009, 07:41 AM
I don't need to predict that the game is indeed GOOD because I have been playing this game for about 10 to 11 months. This is the best and most polished fighting game I have seen and played to date. The customization system is awesome. I have almost all of the items for my Julia in the arcade. This is the best Tekken yet. Can't wait for it to be realeased on console. Online play will probably suck, this game requires that there be 0% lag. Still the best game to play with friends and family.

BTW: I know a lot of people who play this game. There won't only be Pauls and Kazuyas. You will see all of the characters for sure. At least I did, but that was in the arcades. Hopefully there won't be a lot of "cheap-o's" online.

Phate
10-01-2009, 08:54 AM
I don't need to predict that the game is indeed GOOD because I have been playing this game for about 10 to 11 months. This is the best and most polished fighting game I have seen and played to date. The customization system is awesome. I have almost all of the items for my Julia in the arcade. This is the best Tekken yet. Can't wait for it to be realeased on console. Online play will probably suck, this game requires that there be 0% lag. Still the best game to play with friends and family.

BTW: I know a lot of people who play this game. There won't only be Pauls and Kazuyas. You will see all of the characters for sure. At least I did, but that was in the arcades. Hopefully there won't be a lot of "cheap-o's" online.

Good to hear. I just can't wait for it to be released on 360! Here's hoping lad is kept to a minimum, though.

Also, I'd like to believe you (trust me), but I just can't. I remember when CoD: WaW promised varied combat, etc. Then the vast majority of the population picked up the MP40 and never looked back. I suppose T6 could be an exception to the rule.

Nei Debrusc
10-01-2009, 10:23 AM
There'll probably be separate achievements for collecting all items for X number of characters, something like 1, 10, 20, all. Completing story mode with one and all characters is a given, as is winning on the hardest difficulty. There'll probably be one for playing a set number of hours (I predict 15-25). Other than that, I can't really say. As for online play, I know there'll be at least one Asuka getting kicked around out there (me).

wcgalo
10-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Good to hear. I just can't wait for it to be released on 360! Here's hoping lad is kept to a minimum, though.

Also, I'd like to believe you (trust me), but I just can't. I remember when CoD: WaW promised varied combat, etc. Then the vast majority of the population picked up the MP40 and never looked back. I suppose T6 could be an exception to the rule.

Well, there are a lot of favorites. There will be variety, but a lot of people use Asuka, Paul, Law, and Lars. You might see a lot of that. Oh, and Christie and Eddy.

Phate
10-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Well, there are a lot of favorites. There will be variety, but a lot of people use Asuka, Paul, Law, and Lars. You might see a lot of that. Oh, and Christie and Eddy.

Eddie... Dear oh dear. I can see many people raging over him.

wcgalo
10-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Eddie... Dear oh dear. I can see many people raging over him.

LOL wouldn't worry much about Eddy. I would worry more about stupid characters like Panda/Kuma or Roger Jr.

Also look out for Bryan Fury and Lili.

Eddy shouldn't be a problem.

Ninja3004
10-15-2009, 01:36 AM
Count me in for Bruce / King / Asuka :)

TakahashiDemon
10-15-2009, 09:47 PM
I'll be using Jin, Devil Jin and Hwoarang, I'll be using a lot of the other charcs too, possibly seeing if Lars is good, since he might have a bit of the mishima fighting style himself :)

Tapion
10-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Panda/Kuma and Roger are fun to play and goof around with. :p I'll use them every now and than, not like I'll win probably, but screw it.

Will be fun online, and to play period. No T6 machine I know of around here, so had the long wait.