PDA

View Full Version : FAQ: How To Unlock Recon. Step By Step.

Vendetta
09-22-2009, 04:44 PM
First off: Please no random friend requests asking me to help. I have helped quite a few people with Endure and I really dont want to spend any more time playing for 2 hours + getting it ever again. Please see the achievement trading/firefight thread to find partners. I am no longer playing ODST.

Here is a step by step on how to unlock recon because it does not unlock once you get all of the vidmasters. There is another step that you need to do. I know a lot of people will be asking why has recon not unlocked. I have all 1000 gamerscore in the game so obviously I know what I am doing so please refrain from smart ass comments ;)

This is not to be posted anywhere else other than x360a without my permission.

Currently Bungie is apparently Running Behind in handing out the Recon. Guess I got lucky? This is due to the stats recording being a little bit slow since it is the first day the game has been out and the sheer amount of games that have been played. I just checked a few minutes ago and it said in the last 24hrs there have been over 4 million games played so far. So if it is not unlocking please be patient as the game did just come out today. Unless you modded/hacked/cheated for it then you can just sit there and not have recon. :p

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=Halo3ODST_FAQ#_21 (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=Halo3ODST_FAQ#_21)

FAQ: For Firefight there are 5 waves per round, 3 rounds per set. So for the endure achievement you need to last 60 waves on heroic with 4 people. The weapons respawn at the end of every round.

First off you need the Vidmaster achievements from Halo 3:
7 on 7 - You need to have 7 xp on any playlist on the 7th day of any month
Annual - Complete 4 Player Legendary Live Co-op with everyone in ghosts and with iron skull on
Lightswitch - Get to a Lieutenant rank on any playlist
Brainpan - Acquire all of the skulls on all 6 mythic maps (Orbital, Sandbox, Assembly, Longshore, Citadel, Heretic)

Halo 3 Achievement Guide (has vid for Orbital, Sandbox, Assembly skulls): click here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=93494)
Halo 3 Mythic Skulls (Heretic, Citadel, Longshore) youtube vids: CLICK ME (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=175637)

2nd You Will Need The Vidmaster Challenges from ODST:

Deja Vu - Complete Highway on Legendary 4 Player Co-op with Iron on and no Hog or Tank.

My advice here would be take your time and first chance you get you need to have at least one person in a Ghost. Another thing would be to give a fuel rod cannon to one of your AI controlled teammates since he gets infinite ammo and let him ride on the back of a mongoose with one person driving. The AI has some uncanny aim and will take down banshees, ghosts, turrets with what seems like minimal effort.

To unlock this map you or someone you are playing with will have to have beaten campaign. This is the last mission in the story and you cannot skip ahead to it. This one will unlock for single mission selection after you beat the game.

Classic - Finish a level solo on legendary without any shots fired and no grenades.

Like the achievement guide says do this on Uplift Reserve. At the beginning flip the hog over and dodge and evade as much as possible. After you get to a point where a ghost is get in there. You can boost and splatter people and still get the achievement just make sure you never hit the right trigger. I was messing around pulling the trigger with the laser and did not get the achievement so I had to start over.

Endure -In Firefight, on any mission, passed the 4th Set on 4-player Heroic LIVE co-op.

I would recommend doing this on Alpha Site. I say this because there are 3 power weapons (shotgun, rockets, sniper). There are also only 2 entry points that you can be attacked from. From where you spawn to start look forward and down that hallway is one. Also to the immediate left is the other. It is good to drop back and fight from a distance. Remember to have one person run around and use a charged plasma pistol to bust shields on the brutes. When the chieftan brutes show up use the rockets and any fuel rod cannons on them. They usually come on the 5th wave of every round. Remember to grab the weapons after a weapon drop. I accomplished this with 3 people and a 2nd account signed in and sitting in the corner so if I did this with 2 other people it is very do-able with 4 people playing. Some tips are to use the auto mag on the grunts and jackals and make sure you headshot them to conserve ammo. On the regular brutes use sticky, spike and flame grenades when necessary. Also the needler and a charged plasma pistol destroy them. After the charged plasma shot just pistol or carbine them in the head.

The Last Step!
After you unlock the last vidmaster challenge a little message will pop up and will prompt you to go to http://www.bungie.net/ (http://www.bungie.net/) and log on with your xbox live email. You will need to go to your service record and click on the box that says unlock recon. After doing so go to the menu where you can edit your armor and for the helmet it will be #4.

Cacky
09-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Great Faq, Vendetta. I've only just got ODST, so it'll be a while before I unlock Recon.

Vendetta
09-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks cacky I figured this would help reduce clutter. plus people can post in here with any questions as well. Hopefully a mod will feel the same way and sticky this :)

Also sent you a FR on XBL so if you need any help let me know since you did make my 2 sigs which I love :D

kall5ter
09-22-2009, 05:05 PM
what is recon? lmao seriously if its a suite or something i find it sad that everyone makes a big fuss over it

Vendetta
09-22-2009, 05:46 PM
It is an armor you can use in Halo 3 online. Nothing too special about to me personally but it kind of looks cool. I too do not understand the big fuss about it.

kall5ter
09-22-2009, 06:01 PM
i can't even tell the difference between the armor.. master chiefs is the original so i stick to that

xVx PUNISHER
09-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Everyone wants it because they cant have it ..... easily that is

ReignerRuler
09-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Everyone wants it because they cant have it ..... easily that is

Yes they can have it, hence the thread.

kall5ter
09-22-2009, 06:17 PM
ahh well, i'm not bothered about it xD i'm afraid if i go online all the noobs might think i'm rubbish cos' i ain't got it like..

Tatanko
09-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the mini-guide. This will likely be one of my first "goals" towards getting 1000 on ODST. I already have all the Halo 3 ones, now to get the ODST ones.

Devil Sora
09-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Sweet guide seeing how its essential to have 4 people for these it looks like I'm gonna have to round up some friends for some intense gaming nights on ODST

not because of reacon either. . . . I still like my Hayabusa the most

Vendetta
09-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Yay for the sticky! If anyone else has any pointers feel free to post and if I see fit I will add it to the guide and give credit for it :)

Bearded Bugs
09-22-2009, 08:08 PM
ahh well, i'm not bothered about it xD i'm afraid if i go online all the noobs might think i'm rubbish cos' i ain't got it like.. You're afraid of what people think of you online in Halo 3? I'd worry about more important things if I were you. ;)

But, I'm not you so... just make sure you beat them then they won't think you're rubbish?

Box Of Ice
09-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the pointers Vendetta.

MrKabasa
09-22-2009, 10:47 PM
OK kool. but what happens if you have more then one account on one email??? my Mrs Kabasa account has the bunige logo but i have another account on windows live with the same email and thats the one (2nd account) that logs in 2 bungie.net

Vendetta
09-22-2009, 10:55 PM
try logging in with one and go to your service record. if that one doesnt work use the other one. you have to click a button so there is no way that it would not unlock it if you try one way or the other.

I would assume your windows live one is the one to use. I didnt log in with my bungie login (which is different than my XBL email).

drew x3
09-22-2009, 11:37 PM
So hey Vendetta quick question i got the game last night and i staye dup all night with my buddies doing the achievements for ODST...and i already have the Halo 3 vidmaster achievements so basically i have unlocked all the vidmaster achievements for Halo 3 now and ODST and im wondering whats going on because i went to the bungie website and it says "ROAD TO RECON" and shows that all of them are unlocked but i dont see newhere nething that says "UNLOCK RECON". So im wondering whats going on...r they not actually giving recon out or what??

MrGuitarZombie
09-23-2009, 12:39 AM
This is a great guide. These Vidmasters have been bugging me ever since i found them out. I think Deja Vu will be the biggest pain since my 4 man team were shit on the final level and needed nothing but Hogs and Tanks. :eek:

specVjavi
09-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Sweet guide seeing how its essential to have 4 people for these it looks like I'm gonna have to round up some friends for some intense gaming nights on ODST

not because of reacon either. . . . I still like my Hayabusa the most

i rock the security armor. that with the katana sword looks bad-ace. like a ninja. =)

kamakazegrunt27
09-23-2009, 12:59 AM
:mad: I did the uplift reserve thing but I accidently honked the horn! Oh well Ill try again tomorrow. Also great guide, planning on using it.

Vendetta
09-23-2009, 01:51 AM
So hey Vendetta quick question i got the game last night and i staye dup all night with my buddies doing the achievements for ODST...and i already have the Halo 3 vidmaster achievements so basically i have unlocked all the vidmaster achievements for Halo 3 now and ODST and im wondering whats going on because i went to the bungie website and it says "ROAD TO RECON" and shows that all of them are unlocked but i dont see newhere nething that says "UNLOCK RECON". So im wondering whats going on...r they not actually giving recon out or what??

Really? There was a button on my page to the left of the achievement tiles for the vidmasters that said "Unlock Recon". I will call my friend when I get off of work in an hour and see if he has unlocked his on bungie.net yet and if he has not I will have him take a screen shot on the computer. Actually I will check mine right now myself and see if I can screen cap it.

JonnyBgamer
09-23-2009, 02:35 AM
well i just got the classic one wasn't too hard. the one thing i would add is early on when you get a chance pick up a gunner and a passenger then find some where safe so you can give your laser to your passenger this proved to be a big help for that section with the wraiths the ai has unlimited ammo and if you haven't done so already giving a weapon will net you an achiv.

Vendetta
09-23-2009, 02:43 AM
well i just got the classic one wasn't too hard. the one thing i would add is early on when you get a chance pick up a gunner and a passenger then find some where safe so you can give your laser to your passenger this proved to be a big help for that section with the wraiths the ai has unlimited ammo and if you haven't done so already giving a weapon will net you an achiv.

Will add that to the guide & credit you. That will help lots of people as it is kind of a pain in the arse to dodge and evade without at least getting a little flustered.

hezekiah
09-23-2009, 02:53 AM
well i just got the classic one wasn't too hard. the one thing i would add is early on when you get a chance pick up a gunner and a passenger then find some where safe so you can give your laser to your passenger this proved to be a big help for that section with the wraiths the ai has unlimited ammo and if you haven't done so already giving a weapon will net you an achiv. Hm... Did you steal that tip from my post (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2373003#post2373003), perchance?

Joker0fLife
09-23-2009, 03:35 AM
After you unlock the last vidmaster challenge a little message will pop up and will prompt you to go to http://www.bungie.net/ (http://www.bungie.net/) and log on with your xbox live email.

It's a good thing that I can't login on bungie.net since I somehow jumbled up my Live ID accounts......my night is ruined....

lollcano
09-23-2009, 03:43 AM
How long did Endure take?

JASEL84
09-23-2009, 06:59 AM
i can't even tell the difference between the armor.. master chiefs is the original so i stick to that

-Sonic-
09-23-2009, 03:00 PM
I think the hardest thing about the Vidmaster Challenges is finding a team of four for Firefight and not having one random kid on your team that wants to be a hero and run out to try and kill everything all the time...other than that they're all pretty easy as long as you're patient enough on Legendary.

sjanuary99
09-23-2009, 03:23 PM
I think the hardest thing about the Vidmaster Challenges is finding a team of four for Firefight and not having one random kid on your team that wants to be a hero and run out to try and kill everything all the time...other than that they're all pretty easy as long as you're patient enough on Legendary.

agreed, many people still play like they are master chief and have shields.

Vendetta
09-23-2009, 03:38 PM
How long did Endure take?

Endure took my friends and I (keep in mind we had it early, and didnt have a 4th so we signed in my friend's secondary acct and it just stood in the corner) took about 90 minutes. I think it will be shorter when you have a 4th person to kill people as well.

Big Ben6898
09-23-2009, 07:58 PM
I'd just like to point out that the Halo 3 achievement guide doesn't have the three new skulls as of yet. Any chance you know of a good video for their locations?

Rivalmage1
09-23-2009, 09:01 PM
im very sad now.... i cant get the armour :'( i forgot my password and my security question for xbl. lol im a dumbass

Vendetta
09-23-2009, 10:58 PM
I'd just like to point out that the Halo 3 achievement guide doesn't have the three new skulls as of yet. Any chance you know of a good video for their locations?

Yeah I just noticed that. I figured the guide maker would have posted the you tube vids. Just a sec I will find the thread with those vids and link that as well.

H_Blake_H
09-23-2009, 11:24 PM
There is no map called "Alpha Zone" there is "Alpha Site" and there is "Security Zone" :confused:

Vendetta
09-24-2009, 12:31 AM
There is no map called "Alpha Zone" there is "Alpha Site" and there is "Security Zone" :confused:

Shit I was editing my post and must have made a typo. It is Alpha Site that I recommend doing it on. I also edited the OP. Sorry about that

k2345
09-24-2009, 12:52 AM
hey

ive jus got to set 3, round 4, wave 5 alpha site then as soon as we were goin on to set 4 my game lags out and all of us get kicked out i was so annoyed i did everything u said, so at least i know it works but i am really struggling with this achievement

experienced players needed please !!!!!

GT: xx pwnage 23

S2N pickle boyz
09-24-2009, 01:20 AM
thanks for the guide on Endure just finished with 4 friends had around 25 lives took 2hours:(

Halo OSTDs
09-24-2009, 01:43 AM
screw recon, can i haz cheezburger?

Venomized
09-24-2009, 03:24 AM
screw recon, can i haz cheezburger?

If you don't want recon don't come to this thread.

Good job on the Thread Vendetta =)

sjanuary99
09-24-2009, 04:04 AM
thanks for the guide on Endure just finished with 4 friends had around 25 lives took 2hours:(

thats about how long it took me and my friends. its funny when you go on halo 3 with recon armor and somebody kills you, they just stare at your body for like another 15 seconds or so lol.

Vivek13
09-24-2009, 04:30 AM
......i dont get it...HOW did u get all the achivements so fast??? especially the 4 player live ones???? its amazing

xVx PUNISHER
09-24-2009, 06:44 AM
......i dont get it...HOW did u get all the achivements so fast??? especially the 4 player live ones???? its amazing

this is no joke .... we started the campaign on legendary and got the vidmaster dejavu all in 3 hours lol

the game is extremely easy during co-op.

In a matter of 2 days ... i only have firefight left as i went through the campaign 3 times and got everything.

S2N pickle boyz
09-24-2009, 07:23 AM
thats about how long it took me and my friends. its funny when you go on halo 3 with recon armor and somebody kills you, they just stare at your body for like another 15 seconds or so lol.
yea or they teabag you lol

Shadow Knight
09-24-2009, 10:33 AM
lol I'm only two Vidmasters off, Endure and Deja Vu, and they both really suck! Which one did you find easier and quicker?

II Gren II
09-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Done the achievements, got the recon, good guide, only thing I'd change would be the firefight level, me and some mates did Lost Platoon, tbh, 1000% easier, 1 person in a chopper the whole game, 1 person on wraith duty and 2 floaters, dont leave the compound, and your set, we ended up getting 1.5m ish score and 22 lives left at the start of the 5th set,

so we died and wiped the 22 lives so we could get out reconz >_>

mikeeeeeeeee124
09-24-2009, 05:26 PM
nice guide vendetta. i like your sig too... well the hayden part

H_Blake_H
09-24-2009, 07:35 PM
there is an easter egg for deja vu lolz it made it SOOOOO MUCH FUN:woop:

Vendetta
09-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Done the achievements, got the recon, good guide, only thing I'd change would be the firefight level, me and some mates did Lost Platoon, tbh, 1000% easier, 1 person in a chopper the whole game, 1 person on wraith duty and 2 floaters, dont leave the compound, and your set, we ended up getting 1.5m ish score and 22 lives left at the start of the 5th set,

so we died and wiped the 22 lives so we could get out reconz >_>

This is more time consuming but it is a little easier for sure. I have been told by multiple people that this method takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours. In contrast the other level took me and 2 friends (we signed in a dummy account that hid in the corner) about 90 minutes.

H_Blake_H
09-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Shit I was editing my post and must have made a typo. It is Alpha Site that I recommend doing it on. I also edited the OP. Sorry about that
dun worry its K. :)

Drazii
09-24-2009, 08:12 PM
While going for the Deja Vu achievement, is it normal that you respawn all the way back at the beginning of the highway if you die at some point ? I thought Iron respawned you at least at your last checkpoint...

xVx PUNISHER
09-24-2009, 08:14 PM
While going for the Deja Vu achievement, is it normal that you respawn all the way back at the beginning of the highway if you die at some point ? I thought Iron respawned you at least at your last checkpoint...

If you have 4 players than you will ALWAYS respawn at your last check point

Drazii
09-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Yea, nevermind. I think we just didn't got far enough..

smitmek
09-24-2009, 09:30 PM
me and my mates were doing Deja Vu over internet and took us 2 hours and half to get to the end and guess what one of my mates wirless adaptor over heats so we lost conenction and didnt get it. so now im pretty pissd off :mad:

we even heard the ending music

Damnil82
09-24-2009, 09:37 PM
It's pretty ridiculous that you have to get all of the Vidmaster achievements on both Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST in order to unlock the Recon armor.

Halo OSTDs
09-24-2009, 10:49 PM
If you don't want recon don't come to this thread.

Good job on the Thread Vendetta =)
it was a joke kid, if you dont know it then you obviously arent a very big halo or bungie fan.

k2345
09-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Thank you sooo much for this thread i jus got recon !!!!!!!!

game viewer:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/ODSTg.aspx?gameid=14261862&player=xx%20pwnage%2023

had nom live left after bonus round so thought jus quit and take a 5 min break

but thank you again to all those who helped

Light107 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/stats/halo3/default.aspx?player=Light107)
The Cloudslave (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/stats/halo3/default.aspx?player=The Cloudslave)
Sharky3 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/stats/halo3/default.aspx?player=Sharky3)

and i'll help you with deja vu 2morrow

L337 H4X0R
09-25-2009, 02:07 AM
so if you hacked/glitch/cheat the vidmaster achievements you can still get recon why were you saying above that you couldnt? and i reading that correct o rim just confused please explain..:uzi:

turnaway
09-25-2009, 04:05 AM
The reason why the Recon armor is so popular is because alot of the bungie people wear it, so people think its like good(does no difference whats so ever)

besides that nice guide vendetta

WnxLogan
09-25-2009, 07:27 AM
If you've been exp banned or any other kind of ban can you still get Recon by getting all the vidmaster achievments?

XxBlueSpade2xX
09-25-2009, 08:21 AM
God damnit, I have to go buy another copy of Halo 3. FML....

agentplatypus
09-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Great thread man!

I haz reconz! :p

xVx PUNISHER
09-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Great thread man!

I haz reconz! :p

Now ... U CAN HAEZ SHEEZBORGAR!

Dave02
09-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Just got my recon yes, lol. nice guide also

Adzski74
09-25-2009, 09:59 PM
thanks for the heads up mate,this will come in handy,all though it will be a couple of days b4 i can do the 4 player co-op achys on ODST,will i still need to log on to bungie.net to unlock recon armour?

Hot Juicy Pie
09-25-2009, 11:48 PM
I can haz Recon???

http://picture.vzw.com/mi/438808741_1526259790_0.jpeg?limitsize=580,480&outquality=56&ext=.jpg&border=1,0,0,0

Yes, I can haz it

N1L APOCALYPSE
09-26-2009, 01:12 AM
nice guide homie bout time bungie made it easier to get

MrGuitarZombie
09-26-2009, 02:42 AM
I just got recon today :D im happy that i didnt win a contest or impress bungie just to get but did endure which was a 2 hour pain the ass, little kids screaming (not me im 15 and im mature at this :P) 2 hour hell.. lets just say we got over run too much since no one watched there side :( im surprised we got 24 lives by the 3rd set and ended up with 1 at the end of the 4th

denomic toaster
09-26-2009, 03:06 AM
It's a good thing that I can't login on bungie.net since I somehow jumbled up my Live ID accounts......my night is ruined....

this same thing happened to me, i've never been able to upgrade my HDD from release 15gb. it's been tough.

ima spam microsoft until they fix it for me, i must haz recon

Shadows Demise
09-26-2009, 04:04 AM
woohoo i haz reconz now... seriously.

Dusk Firewall
09-26-2009, 08:14 AM
I haz Recon too!
Alot of people seem to notice pre-game, i didn't know people actually looked at my service record :p

Islandboi96734
09-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Endure -In Firefight, on any mission, passed the 4th Set on 4-player Heroic LIVE co-op.

I accomplished this with 3 people and a 2nd account signed in and sitting in the corner so if I did this with 2 other people it is very do-able with 4 people playing. So you can have a guest signed in and still unlock the achievment? I just want to make sure.

ZanKioH
09-26-2009, 11:50 AM
I haz reconz <3<3<3

Coadster1
09-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Thank you! This is very helpful, just got the three vidmaster challenges on ODST yesterday, that's 7/7 total! XD Me has ReCon.

Apocalypse41
09-26-2009, 02:38 PM
so u dont need it to be 7th month

Coadster1
09-26-2009, 02:44 PM
so u dont need it to be 7th month

Nope, only the 7th day of any month.

MaSoNaRy22
09-26-2009, 03:44 PM
nice guide! i haz my reconz!:)

Vendetta
09-26-2009, 08:49 PM
So you can have a guest signed in and still unlock the achievment? I just want to make sure.

No we didnt have a guest signed in. We had my friend's 2nd account signed in.

jd070993
09-26-2009, 09:39 PM
After getting a WHOLE NEW console just to play ODST (my old console kept giving me unreadable errors), I got the Classic achievement...

...in 5 minutes.

If anyone wants to view the film, and get any tips:

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=94947269

(I may render it later)

5 down, 2 to go.

Nevander
09-27-2009, 02:02 AM
Just got mah recons yesterday. Check the sig. :D

LazyDonkey117
09-27-2009, 03:19 AM
I need endure and 7on7 and annual this sucks i have to wait for 7on7 =(

Vendetta
09-27-2009, 03:39 AM
NO more random ass friend requests on live. Getting kind of sick of all of these requests. If you need help check the achievement trading thread to find partners. I am helping my existing friends first. Sorry for sounding like a dick but it is really getting old and I have played more ODST than I would like.

I have played enough to get endure like 5 times already. That is like 10 hours worth and I am burnt out. I am not going to be playing ODST for a while except for 2 of my friends that need the achievement. Do not even try to get me to play tomorrow (sunday) because I am finishing off L4D. You will have communications blocked.

Dack124
09-27-2009, 03:48 AM
Thanks very much. The only one I'm going to have trouble with is endure.

Pearson
09-27-2009, 04:29 AM
Great job on the FAQ Vendetta, as this will come in handy. I just started my road to Recon today, so far I have the Vidmaster Challenge: Classic achievement.

Guyhk
09-27-2009, 04:42 AM
another thing with the classic achievey, make sure once you get the warthog at the start that you swap your laser with whoever is in the passenger seat. you can sit just out of range of the turrets as your teammate wrecks everything.

Blue Spy
09-27-2009, 04:58 AM
so far I have gotten annual,brainpan,lightswitch,7 on the 7nth,deja vu and classic. The last vidmaster challenge endure is very hard for my team and I to do since some of my team members are not good.if any of u that think u are good and have the patience to sit back and kill the covenant please send me a message so we could do firefight and finally get that achievement.

Splatterer Ross
09-27-2009, 05:18 AM
Does this mean I have to know my Windows Live ID to get Recon?

Socko
09-27-2009, 08:08 AM
Awesome thread. The thing that sucks for me though is I cannot get my recon because I have no clue what my password is and MS won't tell me it! I know I can get it online but my windows live ID email is no longer in use. :(

cloud7str1fe
09-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Awsome guide, nice tips :)

BIGToMo27
09-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Am I out of luck because I don't remeber and cannot find my password for my windows live id?

ratedkevster316
09-27-2009, 09:34 PM
wish i can get recon endure only 1 i need but i hardly find good players an im having bad connection :( i need wait this week coming up for new router. everytime i go in game it allways laggs but im looking 4ward 2 my new router if any1 still needs help on this week add me GT : RaTeD GawD V20x looking 4ward 2 it :)

zT O M x
09-27-2009, 10:16 PM
i still need endure as my final 1 if anyone wants to do it message me zT O M x

Demonhunter21
09-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Classic - Finish a level solo on legendary without any shots fired and no grenades.

Like the achievement guide says do this on Uplift Reserve. At the beginning flip the hog over and dodge and evade as much as possible. After you get to a point where a ghost is get in there. You can boost and splatter people and still get the achievement just make sure you never hit the right trigger. I was messing around pulling the trigger with the laser and did not get the achievement so I had to start over.

I don't think you're allowed to beep the horn on the warthog though, i used rigth to beep horn and in the end didn't get achievement, was pissed off, although acording to a friend you can't splatter people.

jlm699
09-28-2009, 12:27 PM
I don't think you're allowed to beep the horn on the warthog though, i used rigth to beep horn and in the end didn't get achievement, was pissed off, although acording to a friend you can't splatter people.
Beeping the horn, semi-charging the spartan laser, all no-nos. In fact, you cannot touch the right or left trigger period.

Splatters are okay though. After getting past the first two wraiths there's a ghost by a tree. I suggest grabbing it and using its boost to splatter everyone in your way. That's how I did it. Took about 8 minutes

Double 02
09-29-2009, 03:18 AM
I unlocked Recon, man Endure wears me down, I've done it twice....Congrats to Recon Owners

JFAUDEL
09-29-2009, 04:15 AM
I've got to the 5th wave of the 3rd round on the 4th set twice and my friend always epic fails and loses like 3 lives. time to play with my better friends!

KarmaDog214
09-29-2009, 05:43 AM
Hey Vendetta,

Thought you might want an update on this guide. There are 4 Rocket Launchers with 999 ammo and 2 Mongoose in the first tunnel before the door at the beginning of the highway. I think this will make it easier for people who are going for the Vidmaster Challenge: Deja Vu Achievement as you will need it to blast away Ghosts, Banshees, and Anti-Air Wraiths from the Elephant. Not sure if this was mentioned, but I read through this thread and am sure no one found this.

Regards,
KD214

P.S. Nice guide.

Mibuwolf57
09-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the guide, Vendetta.
Really helped a lot.

match almost lagged out 3 times, and the last one was at set 4, round 3, wave 4.

Almost had a heart attack.

Luckily we were able to complete it after 2 hours and 684,000 points later with 20 lives left.

Sidish
09-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Great guide...
I tried the Classic on "Prepare to Drop" and just using Melee finished the first part and no achiev...wondering, was I supposed to finish the flashback too? This was all before I thought of or read about Uplift reserve...will try that tonight but I'm still kinda curious (It's a sep. mission so I thought it would work, whatever).

xVx PUNISHER
09-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Great guide...
I tried the Classic on "Prepare to Drop" and just using Melee finished the first part and no achiev...wondering, was I supposed to finish the flashback too? This was all before I thought of or read about Uplift reserve...will try that tonight but I'm still kinda curious (It's a sep. mission so I thought it would work, whatever).

You cant touch any of the offense buttons

Sidish
09-29-2009, 04:39 PM
You cant touch any of the offense buttons

As with what the fish said after swimming into the wall...Dam!

ShadowDante58
10-01-2009, 12:48 PM
just need endure now just gonna be a bugger trying to get my 3 helpers together at the same time :(

Vendetta
10-02-2009, 10:30 PM
guys I have been busy as all hell I will update the guide and the FAQ that is stickied sometime this weekend.

thanks for all the positive feedback glad I could be of help to you all. Also you lurker people that do not post and just send me FR you are going to be ignored. If you seriously need help then post/find people in the achievement trading thread. I am so burnt out on ODST it is not even funny and I still have 2 friends that I have to help but they have to wait for me to want to actually play it again. :p

ZundayXx
10-03-2009, 10:49 PM
I got Recon today :D
Thanks to a little guide i found on Bungie.net its very good, has loads of details, a map, everything you need to know actually. ( For Endure ;) )

Click for Guide :D (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=37241034)

K1LLER HORNET
10-04-2009, 06:58 PM
FR/Message me if you wanna go for Endure - i'm pretty good at Firefight, i don't die very often :)

Gamertag: K1LLER HORNET

CapitanBinkie
10-06-2009, 02:09 AM
i just got recon. Oh ya

KingBroly
10-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Beeping the horn, semi-charging the spartan laser, all no-nos. In fact, you cannot touch the right or left trigger period.

Splatters are okay though. After getting past the first two wraiths there's a ghost by a tree. I suggest grabbing it and using its boost to splatter everyone in your way. That's how I did it. Took about 8 minutes

You can use LT while you're in the Ghost to boost...to get through.

UKDAN15
10-06-2009, 07:40 PM
why have a secound acount signed in and leave them in the corner?

munkybob
10-06-2009, 10:37 PM
how do u get it? i have done all vid masters..... but i still dont have it....

ReignerRuler
10-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Go to bungie.net
Sign in (its your Windows Live ID)
Go to your Service Record
Scroll down until you see the 'Road to Recon'
Click on get recon (active once all vidmasters are done)
*May take awhile for it to be available on console

EnterTheFray
10-06-2009, 11:35 PM
i thought the whole point of recon helm was that it was on fire? one of the reasons i wasted couple hours trying to do vidmasters :( so upset it just looks like any other helm? so what makes it so much better/harder to get?

lil d 916
10-07-2009, 12:48 PM
just got it today not impressed at all

ZundayXx
10-08-2009, 11:29 AM
just got it today not impressed at all

You should post that on the Bungie.net forums.

Sahryx
10-08-2009, 06:54 PM
i thought the whole point of recon helm was that it was on fire? one of the reasons i wasted couple hours trying to do vidmasters :( so upset it just looks like any other helm? so what makes it so much better/harder to get?

The firey particle effect is the "new recon" ... in that I mean it is how you tell who is a Bungie employee now. Only Bungies have the flaming helmet effect.

usernameinvalid
10-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Only Bungies have the flaming helmet effect.

QFT, only the employees get it.

B1GgYsMA1lz
10-11-2009, 04:30 AM
woohoo just got my recon

PS for the classic achievement you can press the left trigger only while in the ghost to boost andthe achievement still unlocks

mchannon37
10-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Nice thread, too bad I bought the game and had to work on my new house for like 3 weeks before I could really play anything in my free time, but at least now I know how to get everything and all the FAQs are up.

kellogz
10-16-2009, 01:20 AM
I need the endure achievement and the firefight one. i'm gonna be online for a while tonite and all day tomorrow. if anyone wants to help me, my gt is HgZ kell0gz (it's a zero and not the letter o in my gt).

Vendetta
10-19-2009, 11:34 PM
why have a secound acount signed in and leave them in the corner?
My friends & I got retail copies of the game like 4 days early. We did not have a 4th person that we trusted enough to play with us so we had the 2nd acct sit in the corner since nobody on any of our friend's lists had the game early. We also had literally no problems and ended up with like 20 extra lives. After the endure achievement unlocked we just ran around melee'ing everything and dying to end it all. The goal was to try and 1K it before it came out. Sadly we got the last achievement like 2-3 hrs after the game came out.

Please no more random friend requests about endure. I have spent so much time helping people that it is starting to get on my nerves. Plus with gamerscore league starting up I quite literally have no time to devote to anything other than playing with my team.

Please find people in the achievement boosting thread. I will be updating this thread and the FAQ tonight/tomorrow.

Thank You.

DrJonan
10-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Damn, I only need Endure.

phenominality
11-02-2009, 09:06 AM
if your windows live/bungie/xbox is messed up in anyway or if you forgot something you're screwed, like i am. Trying to fix the problem gets you no where cuz the websites will just give you the run-around and force you to make a million accounts that have no use. Some of the links on Bungie are even misinformative. im really pissed i'll never get the recon i deserve

Rewrite Legacy
11-03-2009, 01:12 AM
Nice! Awesome!

Mythic Busters
11-17-2009, 02:21 AM
if your 65th in Michigan i know number 1

Kaiyo
11-21-2009, 04:21 AM
YouTube- Halo 3: ODST ViDoc &quot;Road to Recon&quot; HD

Hey, Bungie made a Vidoc about Recon to Recon.

Ronin Oishi
11-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Looks cool but I still like Hayabusa with Katana. I wish they would create more of a Samurai helmet.

Tornadic Four
12-31-2009, 11:36 PM
I need help with Vidmasters endure and deja vu, if anyone could help me, or needs them, it would be a great help, thanks!
Msg me,
Tornadic Four (360achvmnts username and xbl gamertag)

IWHBYD
02-11-2010, 12:54 PM
It's all about Recon with Katana, it's guaranteed friend requests whenever you play social :)

chanman
04-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the help.:woop:

Jon37025
04-08-2010, 01:50 PM
great post and very informative, answers a ton of question

-TheDragonstar-
04-08-2010, 06:43 PM
It's all about Recon with Katana, it's guaranteed friend requests whenever you play social :)

...Remind me to, if I ever get Recon, keep it turned OFF while playing on Social :p

No One
04-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks dude. Nice guide!

Magnus7
04-27-2010, 12:52 AM
With Recon armour it's the getting, not the having. I too think Hayabusa armour outshines Recon by far. But, it's about showing the Halo universe that I have put the time, effort, blood, sweat & tears into unlocking the achievements.

Sure it's about pride and ego, but hey, it takes skill.

Good luck.

perryman
04-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Nice guide! helped alot.

nicholasknapper
06-26-2010, 02:00 AM
I still need these.... lol

bluefunkydude89
06-26-2010, 06:52 PM
thanks for the guide , all i need to get now is lightswitch and that one should be easy

hdmucity
07-27-2010, 06:20 AM
I only got ODST's Vidmaster Challenge, and then there were three in HALO3 need to unlock. Thanks for your thread.

HELLSPWAN 88
07-27-2010, 07:48 AM
Great guide I almost had the endure but my team ended up killing it on the 4th set 3rd round better find a better team that is my last vidmaster to get will try alpha site next.

stephen ryan
07-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Thanks! :)

Equinox_FX
08-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Great FAQ, thanks!

Bzsarok
08-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Amazing guide :)
im gonna get it tonight or some time soon....:grab

The Painenator
09-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Anyone who would like to help me get endure, add me please. Trying to ger recon before Reach.

Guardian
09-10-2010, 08:24 PM
I only have two Achievements left - Endure and Classic. I know I can do Classic but I don't think I'll be able to do Endure as I don't have the time to sit around for over 2 hours playing a game.

ibbyrulz
09-10-2010, 10:05 PM
thanks this really helped

Landaulet
08-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the guide, I still need to get the Halo 3 achievements first though.

Loneyankee
01-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Wow, this guide was very informative and helped me save a lot of time! Thank you!

Furian
05-10-2013, 03:45 PM
FYI - Recon (and all other Halo 3 armor unlocks) are freely available to all players now. Had something to do with the handover from Bungie to 343i.