PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the second odst disc

Kai Freefall
09-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Well, seeing as my copy has yet to turn up on the doorstep, i thought i would ask people who have had some time to play :)

Anyway, regarding the second disc, its has all the halo 3 multiplayer features and maps, and runs them off the disc, yes?

So, in theory does that mean i could delete my map downloads off my HDD, becuase like many of us, i have quite a few games and i only got 13GB to start with so every little helps, as it where.

Now everything we download is logged in our download history, so, we could redownload it if we want?

Now, if anyone can understand my ramblings and can form a response i would love to hear it.

Cheers guys.

Magicman10893
09-22-2009, 06:27 PM
I don't have it but I believe you can delete the maps from your hard drive. I know I deleted the maps a long time ago to save space and then re-downloaded them with no problem.

DELUXXXE247
09-22-2009, 06:30 PM
yes you can delete the maps and run them all off the second disc

mauleriscool
09-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Yes, delete the dlc maps. Everything will be on the disc and will load faster without having to mess with the hdd.

danny barrett
09-22-2009, 07:38 PM
so what's the deal here?
is the second disc just halo 3 mp?
very confused

Richie Sambuca
09-22-2009, 07:47 PM
so what's the deal here?
very confused

Me too. From the sounds of it, the second ODST disc is essentially Halo 3 without the campaign and with all the mp maps. And the second ODST disc will actually read as being "Halo 3" and will allow you to get any non-campaign-related achievements for Halo 3.

Can anyone confirm this?

Spanish Assault
09-22-2009, 07:47 PM
so what's the deal here?
very confused
From what I read it's halo 3 with all the maps and no campaign...I'm debating on whether to sell my copy of Halo 3.

Chaosflare
09-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Since no one has been able to answer from experience, leave it to me.
You can delete all the DLC based maps from your HDD (with the exception of custom download maps) as every single DLC map (including Mystic Map Pack 2) is available through play using the disk.

LordXaero
09-22-2009, 08:12 PM
All the second disc is is Halo 3 without the campaign, and it comes with all 24 maps burned on the disc (no need for DLC to be on your HDD anymore), which includes the final three maps for Halo 3: Citadel, Heretic, and Longshore.

The second disc is called Halo 3: Mythic, which includes the same layout as Halo 3's menu, but with Master Cheif in the background and is titled Halo 3: Mythic. Background changes through the menus too (Example: When you go to Forge on Halo 3, it shows the Forge Bot holding a warthog, and on Halo 3: Mythic, it just shows the Forge Bot hanging out in which looks to be Heretic.)

Other slight differences are the menu's are darker, and in my opinion looks alot better.

Kai Freefall
09-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Since no one has been able to answer from experience, leave it to me.
You can delete all the DLC based maps from your HDD (with the exception of custom download maps) as every single DLC map (including Mystic Map Pack 2) is available through play using the disk.

I was hoping it would work like that, cheers matey, i think the only custom map i have is the easy to reach sandbox skull.

I shall wait until my copy of odst arrives though before i do any deleting, just to be save.

Cheers again guys.