PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good game?

xxDAMRONxx
09-23-2009, 03:07 AM
I've noticed I can get this game relatively cheaply on eBay now. I was wondering if it is worth my time. I like RPG's like Oblivion, Lost Odyssey, the FF series, Legend of Dragoon, Chrono series, Fable, etc. I was wondering if anyone could just tell me what they thought about it. I've read reviews and such, but I wanted some gamers opinions.

scarface983
09-25-2009, 01:17 PM
its a good game , just have to get used to the battle system, and upgrading the characters, it doesnt take to long to complete.

oDrPepper
09-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Personally I didn't like it. The battle system was the thing that put me off most, but if you've played similar games then you'll probably like it.

KingPastry
09-28-2009, 03:39 PM
it took me a while but i like.. it just took a while to get used to battle system.. i've been a big fan of the final fantasy series and i own most of them still.. this game is kinda a hybrid between the storyline of a normal final fantasy and they battle grid system from tactics

Taki...
09-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Bored me rigid. Hats off to anyone with the patience to sit through the horrendous cut scenes and the 'take five steps have a battle... take five steps have a battle... take five steps have a battle' gameplay.

smudgedhorizon
10-12-2009, 02:52 PM
It has random battles and turn based combat on a grid system (similar to the old Front Mission games if that means anything to you) the golems are an interesting take on it, and I personally really enjoyed the story and the combat. It's pretty short for an RPG though.

Veteran Forever
10-12-2009, 03:41 PM
well good game cad of bin longer game tho

Kairi
10-12-2009, 08:07 PM
I enjoy it, but the battle system in really annoying. You get used to it though after a while. I like the story and the characters a lot.

phobzy85
10-13-2009, 07:48 AM
I really enjoyed it! One of my favourite games.

Craiglionheart
10-13-2009, 09:15 AM
I just finished this game last night, I enjoyed it, too short tho, took me a while to get into and then when I did it was over :(

xxDAMRONxx
11-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks for everyones opinions!! I read them all!

And now for mine (as I recently decided to pick it up and completed it yesterday)

This game in my opinion of RPG's gets a 5.5/10.

While the graphics are okay, they certainly aren't anything to awe at.
The main story is a good strong base for any RPG, but what lacks is the characters stories. The characters in general are very bland with a small and meaningless background (Raigar having the most influential story that was actually interesting). However, most of the characters backgrounds just bore you.

The battle system and leveling up were a half-hearted attempt at a new style that could have been much better. I could almost feel the lack of quality put into it as I played it. Oh yea, and why do we have 1,000 golems when you can't even have one in play without taking a main character out?

The cut-scenes are horrendous. On the 360, we shouldn't have backgrounds frozen and then characters independently pop on your screen for speech...it should be a collective scene, and Enchanted arms scenes take me back to PS1. Not to mention the dialogue is painstakingly written.

Overall, the game is slack. Maybe rushed through production or just slack employees...the games lack of attention to detail costs them here. We have a mediocre battle system, a mild story, pretty much lifeless characters, and "meh" graphics for a score of 5.5/10 (only 5.5 because some of the spells and bosses are a good fight)

babyfarmer
01-03-2010, 09:18 AM
This game did come out pretty early in the 360 era, so it's not gonna wow you graphically, but I thought this was a pretty sweet game. Nothing great, but a fun little JRPG. It's been a while since I played it, but I do remember liking the battle system, after getting the hang of it.

AndyFreak457
01-06-2010, 04:14 AM
I keep putting off playing this game because of how boring.how much i dont like it. I need to finish it though. At least its easy and isnt too long

Dull3r
02-19-2010, 10:36 PM
The game is entertaining enough to were you have somthin to do as really a good game i don't think so

Vape^
04-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Only thing i liked about this game was storyline, everything else was quite painful to play..