PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking plane variants/weapons?

donbozza
09-23-2009, 03:14 AM
Any one worked out what unlocks them? I got a couple from ace killing the aces and some others seemed to be tied in with secondary objectives or completeing levels, but I'm only missing a couple of secondary objectives and theres still heaps of plane variants missing. Multiplayer maybe?

Tender Branson
09-23-2009, 04:01 PM
In the manual it says something about completing missions on ace level. Figure that will do the trick. I'm not sure wether u have to complete the bonus objectives on ace difficult as well. I at least did all the bonus objectives on pilot difficult, but of course didn't get the upgrade achievement yet.

I would just try and go for the all campaigns on ace and see if u get it on the way. If u get anything insightful please post back.

donbozza
09-24-2009, 12:36 AM
I have finished all levels on Ace and there are still plane variants left to unlock, I'm thinking you might be right about getting the bonus objective on ace. If thats the case F**K that, for example, keeping at least half the bomber squadron alive on ace would be damn near impossible.

Tender Branson
09-24-2009, 03:59 PM
That was what I was afraid of. Bonus objectives on ace are crazy. But ur sure that u finished all the bonus objectives on at least pilot.

Zombiedrd
09-26-2009, 05:54 PM
I just got five achievements in a row and Collector was one of them. I beat the final mission on Ace and got 352 FG Pilot,Ace the achievements for beating all missions of Pilot and Ace and then I got collector when I looked at my final two unlocked planes(A P-51 and the Ace Me-262). This was one of the harder games I have played in a long time, but I can finally put it up now. Ace mode was insanely hard.

Tender Branson
09-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Today 07:54 PM by Zombiedrd
I just got five achievements in a row and Collector was one of them. I beat the final mission on Ace and got 352 FG Pilot,Ace the achievements for beating all missions of Pilot and Ace and then I got collector when I looked at my final two unlocked planes(A P-51 and the Ace Me-262). This was one of the harder games I have played in a long time, but I can finally put it up now. Ace mode was insanely hard.

Did u do all the bonus objectives on ace?

Zombiedrd
09-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes. The first American mission(not American flying for English) was extremely hard. Keeping 50% of the bomber formation was near impossible. Keeping the two damaged bomber's alive on the second mission was hard too.

donbozza
09-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Nice job Zombiedrd!! I don't think I'm even gonna try for this achievement knowing that, i had enough trouble keeping half the bombers alive on pilot difficulty let alone ace.
(http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=208026)

kayibandoonjay
04-11-2010, 12:29 AM
I have finished all levels on Ace and there are still plane variants left to unlock, I'm thinking you might be right about getting the bonus objective on ace. If thats the case F**K that, for example, keeping at least half the bomber squadron alive on ace would be damn near impossible.
use the black widow the rear gun shoots down everyone did it first try

Ackis
04-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Check out this:
http://www.trueachievements.com/a36657/collector-achievement.htm?showguides=1

It's a list of the upgrades and how to get them.

sillyjordo
02-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Sweet list. I was wondering what planes were available in this game. Anyone tried them all yet?