PDA

View Full Version : Easy 1000, Best Character By FAR

Powerman1469
09-23-2009, 03:39 AM
Look at the collectible guide, which is very nice. Get all the Asgardian Runes soon as you can to get Thor. Thor is a fricking beast in this game, even on legendary he is a straight up boss killer. Level up his B attack power and A attack power. The A he will do a dash in a line and just kill everything, then when there is big groups together & Bosses use the B attack, just a straight uppercut of awesomeness, high levels with Thor Boss take 1000+ damage Plus if you have good Team Boosts like +20% damage with power.

I used +20% dmg power +100% stam & Wades fav for the sims. During story the first 2 then another dmg for the 3rd instead of wades. But I just wanted to make a post about Thor cuz his BadAss =]

toxictaz
09-23-2009, 05:25 AM
wolverines y move is a boss killer aswell, but maybe not as fast as thor. wolverine stays in one spot and repeats move quick. so not even a min to kill most bosses.

ImanSain
09-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Look at the collectible guide, which is very nice. Get all the Asgardian Runes soon as you can to get Thor. Thor is a fricking beast in this game, even on legendary he is a straight up boss killer. Level up his B attack power and A attack power. The A he will do a dash in a line and just kill everything, then when there is big groups together & Bosses use the B attack, just a straight uppercut of awesomeness, high levels with Thor Boss take 1000+ damage Plus if you have good Team Boosts like +20% damage with power.

I used +20% dmg power +100% stam & Wades fav for the sims. During story the first 2 then another dmg for the 3rd instead of wades. But I just wanted to make a post about Thor cuz his BadAss =]
I respectfully disagree with you, best character (and I'm not just saying it because I'm a HUGE Deadpool fan) is Deadpool. Sure Thor might be a Boss cleaner, but so is Hulk. Hulk maxed out can beast out most Bosses by Charging at them, slamming them down and pounding them into next month. Plus his health kinda lowers if you dont know what your doing, ive seen it in Co-Op, Hulk However can maintain when you got him Maxed out, and with that Dashing Slam, can destroy most bosses in 3-4 shots even on Legendary. It doesnt work with some bosses, but most will go down.

Deadpool is a room clearer, SPAM RT + X for Tele-Splode. Unless they are Robots then you just use Hulks Rushing attack and done. But Thor is very good with Deadpool with his Guiding attack. Also Thor is amazing when it comes to Robots especially those giant White ones that throw Grenades.

Why Deadpool you might ask? Easy, lets look at Thors stats compared to Deadpool.

Thor:

When it all boils down to it his two good stats are

Impervious Body (Anti-Reg): Resists all incoming damage

and

Thunder Mastery (Anti-Reg): Raises damage for all Power attacks

DEADPOOL:

(Best Choice IN GAME) Best One Ever: All-Around Bonus this is by far the best stat in the game when maxed out. You cant get this maxed however unless you beat it on Legend.

Combine above stat with
Healing Factor: Increases hit point regeneration
Just Won't Quit (Pro-Reg): Allows more frequent use of Powers
Punchy Punchy (Anti-Reg): Raises melee damage
Hard to Hit (Anti-Reg): Raises chance to evade attacks

its recommended you do Pro first and then Legendary on Anti so you can max out Best One Ever! and it starts building up your all around stats. Your team should either be DP and Hulk in Co Op or DP & Thor. Thor is a beast, for his Powers, but his Abilities are not the best.

Deadpool has an invincible/exploitable area attack (tele-spolde) and melee's faster.

So really it depends on the boosts you use and the teamates you have. I use Deadpool, but I put on the boost that gives stamina for each melee hit. I telesplode until I run out of stamina, hit melee a bit to build it up, then repeat until fusion. I use thor as my teammate mostly, because the tornato grenades rock. Thing/hulk, because the targeted rocks too.

take into effect the boosts in game,

deadpools main form of damage is his melee attack. telesplode spam makes him amazingly survivable. his focus on defense is pointless on normal, but great on legendary. also, "the best one ever!" leaps to a +30 to all bonus once its maxed; which beats the crap out of all of wolverines passives.

wolverines main offense is his powers, regardless of all this, wolverine simply doesnt have enough defensive boosts to make a good close combat character on legendary. if you cater your boosts specifically to him, he can work, especially if you picked up all the upgrade items with him, but as without some serious wounding boost or powers and or melee boost in a single player game, he goes down like a chump. :/

deadpool doesnt have the impressive buffs except Wade's Second Fav, but he has +30 body and 15% evasion in addition to the regeneration, on top of the +30 focus really helping with spamming telesplode, and of course the +30 teamwork helping him even more with health. i still wouldnt say hes as durable as hulk, thing, or juggs (***but being I didnt preorder from gamestop for one freaking character cause I think that is REDICULOUS, Gamestop is has turned into a gamestore wh*re who will do anything for your money, after the whole Halo 3 Legendary Edition I said to myself "never again"***) ,*if* you have "best one ever!" maxed out. if you dont have enough skillpoints to max it yet, you wont be able to reliably use telesplode, and wade is much less durable without the +30 body and teamwork. In that case use Hulk, Thing, Thor, and Deadpool and you will pwn this game right into the multiverse.

shinobigarth
09-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Deadpool AND Thor are godly in this game. they both rule, i dont think you can say one is better, they are both easily the best characters. they are always both in my party at all times, the other 2 slots i swap around between Hulk, Venom (better version of Spidey), Gambit and once in a while someone like Torch or Wolvie. id like to see if Goblin's any good now that im kinda mopping up stuff on Super Heroic difficulty.

DanTheManGum
09-24-2009, 02:46 AM
Try out Songbird with her Y power. If their still alive a targeted fusion (that you will certainly get with her power) will kill them. I still agree that Thor is beast though. I also keep Deadpool in just because I like him.

Pa Manster03
09-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Deadpool AND Thor are godly in this game. they both rule, i dont think you can say one is better, they are both easily the best characters. they are always both in my party at all times, the other 2 slots i swap around between Hulk, Venom (better version of Spidey), Gambit and once in a while someone like Torch or Wolvie. id like to see if Goblin's any good now that im kinda mopping up stuff on Super Heroic difficulty.

Goblin is awesome for the giant boss battles ( goliath/yellowjacket ) just double jump to fly and x and b to shoot machine gun/missle from his sled. I don't much care for him in other battles with loads of enemies, but does well against bosses

Bloodrune
09-24-2009, 08:36 PM
How do you unlock Thor? Also, I can't get Hulk to unlock using the code. WTF is the point of putting a code in there to unlock him? Why not just include it in the game?

Devil Sora
09-24-2009, 08:48 PM
How do you unlock Thor? Also, I can't get Hulk to unlock using the code. WTF is the point of putting a code in there to unlock him? Why not just include it in the game?

Umm theres collectibles in-game much similiar to those of MUA1 of Black Panther and Daredevil. . . . .ya same in MUA2 with Jean Grey, Hulk and Thor.

I do like Thor he does dominate but I gotta say Deadpool is always the guy I know to never go dying on me. . . even on legendary :D

Graves
09-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Concerning the Hulk, Thing, Thor, and Deadpool team, can I switch Thing with Juggernaut and still be alright?

Midnight Malice
09-25-2009, 05:46 PM
I use Jean Grey, Ms. Marvel, Songbird and Deadpool/Juggernaut. I usually use Deadpool til I get to bosses then swap out with Juggs for a Targeted Fusion. Jean can stun almost everything then most RT+X attacks are 1 hitter quitters. Songbird owns bigger enemies and bosses with RT+Y. 100% Stamina +46 Stamina and +9 Focus, you can use thier powers for days.

Butmac
09-27-2009, 11:19 AM
After playing this game for a really long time here is the list of most powerful characters. This doesn't meant they do the most damage, it means that if you only had one person left on your team, it could be this person and they would do alright.

1. Invisible Woman
2. Thor
3. Green Goblin

I didn't find out about the invisible woman til early tonight, but holy shit, she has a move that binds up all the enemies on the screen, and then a move that drops something on them for more damage than any power i've seen yet.

Deadpool - I think people are caught up in "OMG DEADPOOL" I like Deadpool as a character, but he has a glassjaw and his powers eat up stamina like nothing else. I've played with him for about 30 minutes and saw nothing great there.

You'd never think Invisible Woman was the best character but I'm telling you, play her around level 40 and you will see what I'm talking about.

Vice Destroyer
09-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Hm. I am taking notes and seeingwho I should be concentrating my efforts on. I am a little disappointed that Mr Fantastic is nowhere near as cleare-cut the best character as he was in the first game. But at least I know to work on Thor and Deadpool.

rvnender
09-27-2009, 10:40 PM
No love for Storm? Storm is godly in this game also.

when_vegans_attack
09-28-2009, 05:46 PM
I have to go with Thor - someone cited all of Deadpool's abilities and how they're better (Best One Ever, etc.) However, even with this stat maxed out (being at the same level, etc.) his stats were still under Thor's - and Thor had about 200+ hp and 100+ sta. Sure, Deadpool can teleport around the field, impervious to any kind of damage, until most battles are over. But Thor cleans out every room in 1-2 attacks (using either A or B) - which, in my mind, is just as easy and cool as 3-4 Telesplodes. Also, I never really noticed how Hulk was any better than Thor (he was the third member of my team with Thor and Deadpool.) He had a tad more health but his attacks never did as much as Thor's B attack. Thor always killed bosses at least twice as fast as Hulk - and using Thor's A attack he always cleared a room faster. Hulk is good, yeah - but Thor always worked better for me.

Shattuck
09-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Deadpool is extremely mediocre compared to Thor. Deadpool eats stamina, his best attack (grenade spam) doesn't even affect robots which are half the enemies you fight and doesn't one hit kill late game enemies. His teleport is kind of nice as a means of evading, but on Legendary ranged enemies will hit you right as you come out of it and stun you. And his regen is decent, except on Legendary where it isn't worth a damn because an average enemy hits for way more than the regen heals.

Thor, on the other hand, can one hit kill any regular enemy, has a lightning attack that beats almost any boss that is resistant to physical, has a radial pop-up attack that deals way more damage that Deadpool's, and has a charging attack that one hit kills most enemies. He can also fly, is immune to most environmental damage, and highly resistant to physical. Seriously, his B attack does 1.6 thousand damage per swing, Deadpool's damage is a joke compared to that and only works against non-robots on top of it. Anyone that thinks Deadpool is better than Thor hasn't been playing on Legendary, or is lying to themselves. Deadpool is an awesome character, but far from the best.

when_vegans_attack
09-28-2009, 06:16 PM
...Deadpool's damage is a joke compared to that and only works against non-robots on top of it. Anyone that thinks Deadpool is better than Thor hasn't been playing on Legendary, or is lying to themselves. Deadpool is an awesome character, but far from the best.
Couldn't have said it better - on Legendary I switched out Deadpool and used Nick Fury in his place. Nick Fury's A attack seemed to kill the physical-resistant bosses faster than Thor's lightning. I was either smashing bosses with Thor or shocking them with Nick - never even came close to dying.

AOSKINS
09-28-2009, 06:19 PM
I agree, Thor has been making my run on Legendary a lot easier!

OmegaFlip
09-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Nick Fury, Thor, Jean Grey and Green Goblin are my characters.

I used Nick Fury's RT+Y (Plasma Volley) and equipped with high dmg pwer boosts. He volleys plasma (henced the name lol) and can land multiple hits of 1000+dmg in one pressing. But then again some boss are immune to him that's why i have thor as back up lol

ThunderStorm101
09-29-2009, 12:33 AM
First Play through

Human Torch, Deadpool, Iceman, Spiderman

HUMAN TORCH IS ONE OF THE BEST CHARACTERS

Seriously, upgrade HTs B move and he RAPES everyone around him its amazingly good,

Second Play through

Thor, Hulk, Fury, Human Torch

Hulk and Thor OWN, Fury im not so sure about, (his charge is ownage but im not sure about his other stuff)

but Thor, Hulk and Human Torch are 3 best characters

Hulks A attack = Lots of Dead Enemies

Powerman1469
09-29-2009, 05:47 AM
Thor > DeadPool =]

fonzycore
09-29-2009, 06:35 AM
Thor and Jean Grey are the most over powered characters in the game. With 20% power dmg, 100% stam boost and wades fav... they just wreck shit. You can just fly around with Jean Grey and use her X move and just ANNIHILATE everything in a frontal cone, enemies and crates alike.

1. Jean Grey
2. Thor
3. Storm (fly and rapid tap A = win)
4. Human Torch (while flying use his Y move on a boss, see what happens)

Sometimes I'll swap out Torch and Storm for Captain America (his abilities other than A are really good) and Wolverine (Y move is killer)

Glenster
09-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Thor and Jean Grey are the most over powered characters in the game. With 20% power dmg, 100% stam boost and wades fav... they just wreck shit. You can just fly around with Jean Grey and use her X move and just ANNIHILATE everything in a frontal cone, enemies and crates alike.

1. Jean Grey
2. Thor
3. Storm (fly and rapid tap A = win)
4. Human Torch (while flying use his Y move on a boss, see what happens)

Sometimes I'll swap out Torch and Storm for Captain America (his abilities other than A are really good) and Wolverine (Y move is killer)

I was just going to say, Jean Grey has the most powerful power set. I went Thor, Hulk, Jean Grey and Juggernaut and I found them to really dominate with Jean Grey being powers, Hulk and Jug's for Melee and Thor being in between.

DRIVEBY XD
10-08-2009, 02:42 AM
Thor is the TRUTH, son. Use the B attack with 20% PWR DMG, 15% PWR DMG, and The "Wade's Fave" boosts. It's naughty. One hit kills everything, besides the bosses and leaders with about 1800-2000 damage per hit.

rdowdy95
11-02-2009, 03:17 PM
If there is one Hero I have left against a boss fight or whatever I would choose Invisible Woman. She has the RT+Y power that changes her invisible plus when she does that she puts an invisible mine down. It is weak, but effective. Then you spam her RT+X power or RT+A power on the bosses. I beat She-Hulk and Molten Man on Legendary last night with just her.

Like several posts above. She has the RT+B power that keeps baddies in place. So I go Invis, keep baddies in place, then either do the RT+X to crush them, or I use the RT+A Bubble thing to suck them close to me, and then throw them off a ledge or throw the guys into each other. Plus I love her gather fushion. IT IS SICK! She sucks all the bad guys into her shield then another guy like Mr. Fantastic comes crashing down on all of them. She is low in HP so you got to be careful, but if you are invis the whole time they can't see you anyways.

DemonRaider1138
11-02-2009, 07:58 PM
I will just say one thing for all the Deadpool fans out there. If you play with him and give him any of the bonus boosts (Strike, focus, teamwork upgrades, ect) you have seriously just wasted those pickups. I found this out while playing two different play throughs. My single player game I used wolverine the whole time. Who by the way I will take a moment to say kicks ass on Legendary as his X move not only heals him but will knock down every enemy to the ground except the large guys and this gives your team a great advantage on top of that his Y move is great for destroying objects that need to be destroyed, kills bosses, and gives him a damage upgrade. On top of that is A move not only knocks down tight groups it deals 750+ damage per hit.

Anyway back on track here I finished my play through and never once gave Deadpool any bonus pickups in fact I never used him except in the Simulator & when fighting Cable to get his heroic deeds out of the way. I also finished a game my friend and I started for our co-op sessions who used Deadpool all the time and gave him every bonus pickup in the game. Once we fully leveled up Best One Ever! I noticed his stats didn't look any different from mine even though he was given all the bonus pickups. We compared them and it turns out they were not both read the same numbers.

I am guessing Best One Ever! cancels out the upgrade pickups much like Cajun Luck cancels out the Jackpot boosts. So if you play with Deadpool just level up Best One Ever! and give the upgrade stats to someone who can actually use them.

My entire team for legendary consisted of Wolverine, Captain America, Songbird, & Storm / Thor. Storm utterly destroys when you start facing the Fold in Act 3 because her B move is a major crowd clearer and freezes / slows them. She is also immune to almost all damage done by the big guys in the Fold: Ice, Lightning, Fire, & explosions. Using her on the Elevator at the end I took zero damage. Just spammed B to get keep the Elevator clear of the little guys and it does around 150 to the big guys so they go down while killing everything else. Thor of course I brought in for the bosses only.

NeoRizer
11-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Don't get me wrong, Deadpool is a hilarious Marvel character and one of the greatest but in this game....meh. There are better characters to main and his abilities are pretty lame to tell you the truth. He's great at killing regular enemies but bosses and what not, it's gonna be a long fight.

If you guys seriously want the best well rounded team you can possibly imagine then go with this:

Wolverine
Hulk
Storm
Thor

Here's the reason.

Give Wolvey ALL of your upgrades until you get Thor, then give Thor all of your team work boosts, every thing else give to Wolverine.

Wolverine is going to be your main attacker the entire game, he's gonna take out mobs with his RT+ A (Lunging Rage) and mini-bosses and bosses with his RT+Y (Claw Kebab). If he gets all of the Body and Striking upgrades he's unstoppable. You knock all the enemies over, you deal massive melee damage and you have a healing factor.

Hulk is going to be support and of course and unstoppable tank for Storm in case Wolverine goes down, he's an amazing back up in a pinch. You can switch to Storm and spam lighting bolts and not have to worry about being killed at a boss fight with Hulk around. Never play has Hulk as he's pretty mediocre on damage, he's just there as support and a fail safe in case the team gets wiped. (Won't even come close to happening, but in case you suck, there he is) Also before you get Thor, Wolverine and Hulk do a devastating fusion attack that usually takes off 50% of a bosses life. Use two in a row and DEAD.

Storm is gonna be another support character just throwing enemies around and what not but the best part is she gives you extra experience. Don't pump any points in to her Electric fists. Give her more Focus and boost the teamwork and XP bonus. Her and Thor are going to be your boss killers.

Thor goes down pretty quickly so I wouldn't use him as a main for the regular levels but as soon as a boss fight starts switch to him and use his guided fusion with Storm and watch the bosses health drop. Just keep tapping A and the boss will go down in a matter of seconds. You are impervious to damage and this also deals an area of effect so if there are minions around they will walk right in to it. After it's over, use it again if you have another star. If you run out of fusion abilities then start smashing his RT+B and the bosses life will go down in chunks.

Boosts to use the ENTIRE game: Evade II (or higher), Jackpot II, Experienced II (or higher).

You will laugh in the face of this game with this team and these boosts...no lie. The "hardest" achievements are yours for the taking.

qubiq
12-07-2009, 02:51 AM
I must be missing something ...

I've played through the game twice now - (Heroic and Super Heroic) ... and I think don't think Thor's all that great.

what power-ups are you guys using / maximizing?

when I play my main character is Jean - her RT+X move is wicked for killing groups of guys ... and when it comes to bosses, I just do a targeted fusion with Captain America and it usually kills them straight away.

anyone think Jean's just as good as thor?