PDA

View Full Version : Boneyard challenges achievements not unlocking?

NoiseCrime
09-23-2009, 04:58 AM
So just completed the last of the boneyard challenges, having got silver on 11 and gold on one, but not a single achievement has popped for either bronze or silver -WTF?

This game is really getting on my nerves, twice its locked up during loading, once it refused to let me open a door and I had to restart, plus a whole host of other glitches.

Anyone else had any trouble with these achievements unlocking?

Edit:
Nevermind, found another 4 challenges via the LB/RB on the selection screen - not exactly obvious from first glance.

floodie.US
09-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Glad you can fix the problem. I am experiencing unlockable achievements as well,I was able to purchase all of the "Rubi Ability Upgrades" in the last mission and as a result had every Upgrade provided throughout the game including the Weapon upgrades. The game got stuck on the loading screen and I was unable to get the achievements.. Not sure what I can really do to get them now. =\

NoiseCrime
09-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Yeah my two lock ups happened on loading screens, worrying with the 'save' icon still going, thankfully it hasn't (yet) lead to a corruption of the save. However it is annoying, especially the second time as i'd just completed chapter 12 point score challenge and really couldn't face doing that again if it hadn't saved.

Just don't get why games only provide a single save as there is always a risk of losing everything.

Hopefully you'll find a way of unlocking that achievement, must be hugely frustrating if the lockup means it wont unlock on that playthrough. However I'm not sure there is anything you can do, since the game probably checks whether you've got all the upgrades each time you buy a new one and with none left to buy that might be impossible.

floodie.US
09-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah my two lock ups happened on loading screens, worrying with the 'save' icon still going, thankfully it hasn't (yet) lead to a corruption of the save. However it is annoying, especially the second time as i'd just completed chapter 12 point score challenge and really couldn't face doing that again if it hadn't saved.

Just don't get why games only provide a single save as there is always a risk of losing everything.

Hopefully you'll find a way of unlocking that achievement, must be hugely frustrating if the lockup means it wont unlock on that playthrough. However I'm not sure there is anything you can do, since the game probably checks whether you've got all the upgrades each time you buy a new one and with none left to buy that might be impossible.
Luckily I was able to after completing the game and entering Points Count mode.

Midnight Malice
09-23-2009, 07:14 PM
I was having freezing in this game quite a bit, and at the same time risked not getting achievements. Everytime it froze it was me trying to skip a cutscene (one of the few you actually can skip) So I just sucked it up and watched ALL of them, no more freezing.

littlejay
09-23-2009, 09:29 PM
all gold was easy, the 2nd pistol challenge i think took 6 tries but that was the hardest one

jeffy x360a
09-24-2009, 12:40 AM
i saved the boneyard for last thinking it would be hard. i finished them all fairly quickly some only took the 1 try. im glad TC made this topic lol i didnt notice the other 2 menus either. got my 1000 a few mins ago.

True.Mister.Six
10-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Me too - I actually logged on to see if it was glitched! Will return right now and get my achievement!

Fizzmatix
10-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Quite a common issue, the menu for this isn't that clear. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but sometimes the targets don't pop up when they are meant to which is stopping me from totally finishing this.

I have a feeling it's just going to be trial and error. As for the freezing had no issues with that at all.