PDA

View Full Version : Opinions?

[Waggly Bean]
09-23-2009, 01:58 PM
So is it as good as I want it to be?

I imagine it's not going to compare to the amazing version on PS2/XBox, but I still hope it'll be good Streets of Rage style Warriorness!

I'll be picking it up when I get home, but has anyone else played it yet and have opinions to share? :)

Bodom78
09-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Try the demo for sure, nothing like the PS2 version. It's a Final Fight clone with 3D GFX.

I didnt enjoy it at all, felt a little too sluggish to me and got bored before the demo was up. May be more entertaining with 4 players.

I preferred the Ion Assault Demo, gonna try out Zombie Apocalypse now :Bounce:

I'm curious to see what others think.

The Coppertop
09-23-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm enjoying it, although as many have said it's nothing like the ps2/xbox version... also it's different than the ps2/xbox game because it seems to be directly following the story of the movie, rather than being a prequel as was the previous game... I enjoy the fighting in it, partially due to the fact that it rules all to be able to stomp ass as Swan or the infamous Cochise. I guess the only real question is can you dig it? (sorry, had to throw that in there)

Trash Man
09-23-2009, 06:25 PM
What are the achievements like?

ShinobiSteve81
09-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Eh, I love the movie, and liked the PS2 game, but this one isn't doing it for me. Maybe it would be better multiplayer, but I'm not gonna buy it just to try that. As was said, does feel kinda sluggish for combat and such. I had hopes for it too.

wild dog
09-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Thought the demo was ok, action is a bit slow.You can add 3 AI to help you by pressing :rtbut: at the character select screen, its pretty good with 4 people/bots cos there are more enemies on screen.

IEvil IMonkey
09-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Utter pap - avoid like a rabid dog!!

Cynicalfate
09-24-2009, 03:11 AM
i think its pretty sick :)

From the demo me and my cuzin had fun might be boring solo tho

But im going to pick it up regardless its the warriros :)

jtr1gg3r
09-24-2009, 09:28 AM
This game is so much better on multiplayer, if you get this game make sure you have someone to play it with because its a load of crap otherwise. You can have 4 player co-op locally which is the best part.

http://card.mygamercard.net/KiNG+TUBZ+zZ.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/KiNG+TUBZ+zZ)

[Waggly Bean]
09-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Well I did buy it last night, as did a friend of mine, and we played through every mission on. The game's actually a fair bit bigger than I expected - took maybe up to three hours to get through all of them!

And yes, it is fun in multiplayer, although I recommend keeping any spare player slots you have as private, as having random people drop in and out as you play is NOT fun...

Another good thing is that this is one of those games where you can sign in a guest on your second pad to play with across live. So me and my gf in the same room could play with a friend online for example. :)

800MSP well spent IMO, although you definitely need to be a fan of The Warriors to begin with. It's not as good as the PS2/Xbox game, but then again it is only 6! ;)

mikeeeeeeeee124
09-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Its flippin awful. the ps2 game was so fun. you cant see anything in this game. even on easy enemies block like its their job and its just repetitive and boring. Terrible side scroller and a waste of $.

ponypo2001
09-24-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm with Waggly.I fookin love The Warriors so much,it's not even funny.It is a pretty poor game but it does have redeeming features,mainly if you are a fan of this genre of game,and also the film.

Getting the full 200 will be a total headache though as that 50 combo achievement is just plain silly.Best I ever got was 21.

masterlink55
09-25-2009, 06:34 AM
I honestly must say I think this is a pretty fun game. I'm even enjoying Story Mode single player, although I admit its a real pain in the ass as far as difficulty goes. The combat does feel a little slow paced and sluggish, but believe me I've played far worse beat-em-ups. I LOVE 4 player Xbox Live mode. Its well worth 800 points to me, maybe because I'm a fan of the genre. I've never even seen The Warriors film but after playing this game I really want to.:p

[Waggly Bean]
09-25-2009, 11:16 AM
I've never even seen The Warriors film but after playing this game I really want to.:p

Correction: You NEED to. :D

ShinobiSteve81
09-25-2009, 12:27 PM
;2380310']Correction: You NEED to. :D

I second this.

ErmacVersion1
09-25-2009, 01:01 PM
;2380310']Correction: You ABSOLUTELY HAVE to. :D Fixed it for you sir!

The Coppertop
09-25-2009, 02:54 PM
.....go watch this movie... as you read this, stop what you are doing and go get this movie... you obviously need to see this awesome film, it truly is a classic and a "must-see"... your welcome

Yungblaknhansum
09-25-2009, 08:51 PM
i love the warriors.but this game is total garbage.

ThaMyth
09-26-2009, 02:06 AM
see my new topic in main thread called "wow a horrible mess" haha tells you how i feel about this game.

jtr1gg3r
09-26-2009, 08:20 AM
I bought this game without testing it and was disappointed. But then i played on multiplayer and its QUALITY! its funny that you can have 4 player co-op locally, i only need like 4 achievments as well. Big Bopper (Arcade), Warrior,gladiator <--- complete nightmare SOLID :mad:, can you dig it (2.5m points), and the 9 back up lives which is totally puzzling me. if anyone can help it would be appreciated lol

Jaden Arbiter
09-27-2009, 09:10 PM
The dialogue of the opening cutscene was somewhat cool, but other than that it's a 99% bad game.

samjustsam
09-29-2009, 05:24 AM
i played the trial and was really dissapointed. main problem being the clunky controls. it had alot of potential tho. being the warriors and all and being a strait up arcade fighter, you think it would be good. but it wasnt.
im getting zombie apocalypse insted.:Bounce:

Jaden Arbiter
09-30-2009, 02:40 PM
i played the trial and was really dissapointed. main problem being the clunky controls. it had alot of potential tho. being the warriors and all and being a strait up arcade fighter, you think it would be good. but it wasnt.
im getting zombie apocalypse insted.:Bounce:

Careful there buddy, Zombie Apocalypse is better than this crap but it, also, isn't anywhere close to good either. There are only seven 2-minute arenas in the game that will be repeated and repeated to up to 55 "levels", none of the "levels" that exceed number 7 will be any different, the game is too simple to support challenges to fight boredom in those levels, and that repetition will take you a total of at least 3 hours before its completed. After that you would expect to see Konami, the developer, list off different "modes" of play, yet modes that let you do nothing but fight in lessened visibility or spend, literally, an hour a level fighting the same zombies (and yes, there are people who are insane enough to crack their brain into doing it!). The game is an utter waste of time and money; take my word on it by not buying it.

Fox Hound JD
10-01-2009, 04:34 PM
This might be a silly question but.... People have mentioned changing the difficulty to "Recruit" or "Easy" but I have not seen an option to do this. So, HOW THE EFF DO YOU CHANGE THE DIFFICULTY?!!?

Furianshi
10-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Careful there buddy, Zombie Apocalypse is better than this crap but it, also, isn't anywhere close to good either. There are only seven 2-minute arenas in the game that will be repeated and repeated to up to 55 "levels", none of the "levels" that exceed number 7 will be any different, the game is too simple to support challenges to fight boredom in those levels, and that repetition will take you a total of at least 3 hours before its completed. After that you would expect to see Konami, the developer, list off different "modes" of play, yet modes that let you do nothing but fight in lessened visibility or spend, literally, an hour a level fighting the same zombies (and yes, there are people who are insane enough to crack their brain into doing it!). The game is an utter waste of time and money; take my word on it by not buying it.
ZA is a decent arcade game. It's no Shadow Complex, that's for sure, but it can be fun if you like the smash tv/crimsonland style of gameplay. I don't think it's quite as repetitive as you make out. As you progress over the 55 days new weapons are unlocked, there are chainsaw only days, sometimes the level is completely pitch black except for a spotlight on the player and you get the occasional boss. Also the co-op isn't too bad. The graphics are good for an arcade game too.

And if you like leaderboard competition amongst your friends, ZA is a good quick shot game to play between retail game gaming sessions.

[Waggly Bean]
10-02-2009, 12:57 PM
This might be a silly question but.... People have mentioned changing the difficulty to "Recruit" or "Easy" but I have not seen an option to do this. So, HOW THE EFF DO YOU CHANGE THE DIFFICULTY?!!?

As I remember, when you pick your mission at the start, you use either the LT/RT or the LB/RB to scroll between difficulties... ;)

xI C0uch P0tat0
10-03-2009, 06:30 AM
Downloading it now. Even if it's not that great, The Warriors are awesome.

the Sgt Sw
11-15-2009, 07:44 AM
Insted of the 1 achievement that xbox live games normally have that are

damn near impossible to get. And ya'll know what I'm talking about. This game

has several, as in alot more then one. Also the easy ain't so easy and the

other gang characters aren't those in the movie or ps2/xbox games. Very

poorly done. I give this game 2 out of 10 pretty much just for the fact

that it was "Warriors". I know I'm alittle late with this but if I can save

just one person from wasting money, and the time of anger. DON"T GET

this game let you like throwing your :uzi:Xbox out the window..

:uzi:The Sgt. SW :mad:

[Waggly Bean]
11-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Insted of the 1 achievement that xbox live games normally have that are

damn near impossible to get. And ya'll know what I'm talking about. This game

has several, as in alot more then one. Also the easy ain't so easy and the

other gang characters aren't those in the movie or ps2/xbox games. Very

poorly done. I give this game 2 out of 10 pretty much just for the fact

that it was "Warriors". I know I'm alittle late with this but if I can save

just one person from wasting money, and the time of anger. DON"T GET

this game let you like throwing your :uzi:Xbox out the window..

I wouldn't say it was a waste of money. I got a lot more enjoyment from it than I have some XBLA games. Not the best, and nowhere near the quality of the PS2?XBox game, but still decent for what is the equivalent of 6.

Also, achievements aren't everything - not everyone (even on an achievement website) buys games purely to get the full 200/1000GS.

Lastly, this game is a Canibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller? :rolleyes:

SickPL
02-26-2010, 01:37 AM
The old xbox version was MUCH better, that was a great game!

RaDi0aCtiVe JeW
09-26-2010, 11:14 PM
This game is funny