PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade achievement help please?

VaNiLla0wNaGe
09-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Right, i just completed the game but didn't get enough points to get all the upgrades and net the achievements. I tried points count mode but that said i got all the upgrades. How do i get these achievements then? Do i have to start a new game and try again? :S

jackanape
09-23-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm afraid so. It has to be done in one playthrough so you can't spread it out using other modes sadly.

The key is not to close any of the arena doors until enemies stop spawning, with a x5 multiplier then you should have no problem getting enough points. I played through on Hard (without buying upgrades until after I had 50k) and managed to get the last 4k worth of points on the first arena in the final chapter. Then I bought the upgrades I was missing and hey presto........

I also finished with about 6k worth of points having closed the doors ASAP on the last arena, so it is certainly doable.

Focus on getting to x5 ASAP in the arenas and then just kill, kill, kill until no one else shows up. When the chain gun guys are around I've also noticed that they summon more goons too - so try not to kill them straight away either. Good luck.

VaNiLla0wNaGe
09-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Oh right cheers mate ;)

patches4711
09-23-2009, 04:31 PM
I am probably going to be in the same situation. I started on Hard and upgraded Health right away. I struggled with controls for a bit but around chapter 6 kind of got into the flow of it now I am getting multiplier up and getting more points. I will just save the all upgrades for another playthrough.

Glock x Coma
09-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Its best to do it on easy as u barley take ne damage!

Dlark17
09-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Its best to do it on easy as u barley take ne damage!
That's what I was wondering, now that I just got done on Hired Gun. I know I still gotta go through on Hard to get Femme Fatal and Golden Bullets, so that's an additional three runs there, but is it better that I go for the 50,000 style points and all upgrades on Cake Walk instead, and make it a 4th run? What's the opinion here?

Midnight Malice
09-23-2009, 06:53 PM
an easy run to get 50,000 only takes a couple of hours, it is better than struggling through Hard without upgrades trying to get 50k. Save yourself the headache and do a quick easy run for this... unless you are really good. You can try for it on any difficulty, but if you don't get it, you are going to be running later chapters on a hard difficulty with no upgrades... thats a pain. Out of the three runs, Golden Bullets is probably your best bet, but as I said, you will breeze through the game on easy in a matter of an hour or 2. I got 50k and full upgrades at the beginning of chapter 10 cause I was rushing through, and I had bought Pistol Fire Rate and Damage MAX early to help keep me at 5x.

littlejay
09-23-2009, 09:35 PM
i did it on golden bullet mode. one shot kills make a fast multiplier. i got 50k saved up and still was able to buy all upgrades and have over 5k points left

do it after you complete points count mode so you know were to find the bonus points too ;)

Tomeeboy
09-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Milking the arenas for kills is definitely the best way to do this (maybe the only way). I tried to do as many achievements as I could my first playthrough on hard and I hit 50,000 points in Chapter 8 (then started buying upgrades). I had enough to buy all of the upgrades before finishing Chapter 9. After that point, I started closing arena doors as fast as I could to speed up the remainder of the game. By the end of the game, I had earned somewhere around 80,000 points.

Midnight Malice
09-24-2009, 12:48 AM
I just finished Femme Fatal, and ended up being able to get all upgrades. Wouldn't have been able to do it without spending points asap, but I got enough after road rage. EitherI played it way wrong the first time through, or I just got awesome :) only dies 4 times on Ultra Hard... not counting random enviornment anomolies...